4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Choose Your Hisense 1080p LED HDTV
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer

Hisense is a Chinese State Owned Enterprise, if anyone is curious.

vectorg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vectorg

I've had two of these, 42 LED 1st one got returned the day i bought it had lines in the screen, 2nd one is working so far, The Sound quality is sub par, Easy setup and usability.

GREAT FOR GAMING

Not bad for a starter T.v

vectorg

roysterer wrote:Hisense is a Chinese State Owned Enterprise, if anyone is curious.

No different then almost anything else sold in the USA

Joshocaust

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Joshocaust

I own the 42-inch version. I love it and feel it's ideal for gaming, and here's why: no input lag. I've had more expensive TVs with input lag I simply couldn't turn off. This TV suffers from none of that.

I'm not super picky about image quality, however the picture/color quality looks great to me.

For $299, I've been super super happy with it and love playing games on it.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3367 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

For those interested in learning more about refresh rate.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57524894-221/what-is-refresh-rate/

serik21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serik21
Joshocaust wrote:I own the 42-inch version. I love it and feel it's ideal for gaming, and here's why: no input lag. I've had more expensive TVs with input lag I simply couldn't turn off. This TV suffers from none of that.

I'm not super picky about image quality, however the picture/color quality looks great to me.

For $299, I've been super super happy with it and love playing games on it.

When you say no input lag are you referring to Rock Band by chance? I've been looking for a flat screen that requires a 0/0 calibration setting. At the very least a 0 on the video, I can get the audio synced up well.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3367 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

brief overview from consumerreports.com on the 46" 3-D model

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/tvs-services/tvs/lcd-and-plasma-tvs-ratings/models/overview/hisense-46k316dw-99047489.htm

xeju

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xeju

Gah!

I want a 42" passive 3D LED at 120 Hz.

I know Woot isn't exactly the place to "shop" but there's been 2 multiple TV days in the last week, and the 42" is never the good one.

jbills

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbills

I have the non-3D 46", bought refurbbed from wal-mart about 6 months ago. It's great, I love it. Screen is clear, all the features are great, and it was a great price ($20 less than woot) for an LED TV - at the time it was about the same as most other refurbbed 42"ers. I'll take the 4 extra inches. And actually, Hisense had a great booth at CES, seem to be up and comers. This is a good deal!

Mitch7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mitch7

Does Hisense offer a warranty as well besides the Woot limited 90 day? Refurbed and lukewarm comments make me cautious about scooping up the 42"...

vectorg

Mitch7 wrote:Does Hisense offer a warranty as well besides the Woot limited 90 day? Refurbed and lukewarm comments make me cautious about scooping up the 42"...

Honestly if 90 days is all that is offered i'd pass and get a New one that comes with 90 day from store and 1yr from Hisense, Reason i say that is i took my 1st one back the day i bought it was broke right out of the box

That being said if there is a better warranty available then go for it for the money,

The picture is great if ur using Full HD blu ray or gaming, But if u hook it to standard Cable straight to T.v the picture quality will not impress you and u'll need a sound bar for loud action movies, But most lower end T.vs now days require that

Very light weight and seems well put together

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
vectorg wrote:

The picture is great if ur using Full HD blu ray or gaming, But if u hook it to standard Cable straight to T.v the picture quality will not impress you

If you plug ANY cable TV straight from wall into ANY TV, it won't impress you!

kathidewitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathidewitt

Woot does mot stand behind what they sell. No deal if what you doesnt work and they walk away!

Woot does not stand behind what they sell. I bought a TV in September as a Christmas present for my daughter and it does not work. Woot said they would not stand behind it because 90 days was up. Early shoppers beware. You can get better deals on bradsdeals.com. Woot has lost a very good customer

burdel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burdel
kathidewitt wrote:Woot does mot stand behind what they sell. No deal if what you doesnt work and they walk away!

Horse hocky

jspot35

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspot35
kathidewitt wrote:Woot does mot stand behind what they sell. No deal if what you doesnt work and they walk away!

From personal experience with Woot over the past couple of years I can honestly say that this statement could not be further from the truth! Any time I have had an issue WOOT was there to take care of me. In fact I just had a return of a defective tablet and they were on it. Sent me a label, I sent it back and they refunded me on the spot!

By the way, ever heard of spell check? Might want to check it out.... Just sayin'

roo681

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roo681

I don't see any mention of 3D glasses bundled with the TV. Does anyone have any information on whether it comes with glasses or not?

dpj002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpj002

Might check your local walmart if you want a new one. Been thinking of pulling the trigger on this one http://hisense-canada.com/tvs/K360

50" Brand new $548 at my store, been that way for weeks.

dpj002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpj002
roo681 wrote:I don't see any mention of 3D glasses bundled with the TV. Does anyone have any information on whether it comes with glasses or not?

I can't find where it says they do or don't but on Hisense website it doesn't list it with the glasses but gives you a link to buy them.
http://hisense-usa.com/accessories/
$80 for a pair :/

firejunk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firejunk

Anyone else curious what is being shown in the TV picture on the homepage? It's not your typical stock image! Easter egg maybe?

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev
conanthelibrarian wrote:brief overview from consumerreports.com on the 46" 3-D model

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/tvs-services/tvs/lcd-and-plasma-tvs-ratings/models/overview/hisense-46k316dw-99047489.htm

For us poor folks who do not have a Consumer Reports subscription... how did it rate?

FarNorth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FarNorth

The speakers on this television (I own the 42" version) are horrible: they're tinny and weak. I tried using the ARC (audio return channel) feature using the HDMI cord to my blu-ray player's surround-sound audio only to discover this television is incompatible with most surround-sound systems... so be warned, you'll need to find another way of supporting decent audio.

Kanuhduh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kanuhduh

I bought a Hisense 40" 1080p LCD HDTV with 3 HDMI back in July. When I received it the remote control only worked a few times, now it does not work at all. There is also a glitch when switching between VGA input and TV, it causing some weird "fuzing" issue.

moonkinge

quality posts: 2 Private Messages moonkinge

I believe this is the user manual for the TV:
http://hisense-usa.com/support/manuals/K316_User_Manual.pdf

I wasn't sure if the dimensions are correct, but they may be. I know my 42" 3D TV from another manufacturer ends up being near 42" wide once you add the bezel.

asjxvii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asjxvii

Cheap Chinese brand tv. Breaks pretty quick. Had very bad experience.

Joshocaust

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Joshocaust
serik21 wrote:When you say no input lag are you referring to Rock Band by chance? I've been looking for a flat screen that requires a 0/0 calibration setting. At the very least a 0 on the video, I can get the audio synced up well.

Indeed -- Rock Band works great on this TV.

kh99

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kh99
firejunk wrote:Anyone else curious what is being shown in the TV picture on the homepage?

I was wondering because someone in that picture looks like someone I used to know.

lromberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lromberger

So I could plug my ipad to this and my Bose via cables? Thinking of using he direct tv ap off my ipad and plug to the tv so I don't have to run a cable line through the attic.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
roo681 wrote:I don't see any mention of 3D glasses bundled with the TV. Does anyone have any information on whether it comes with glasses or not?

No, but hhgregg.com has them on sale right now reg 79.99 for 39.99 pair of 2 glasses!

tvgm2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tvgm2

Does anyone know if these TVs are HDMI CEC capable?

anago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anago

I'm a little dubious of the claim of converting 2D to 3D in real time. How would the TV know where in Z space an object is? How would it know the depth of field? Does anyone know how or if this works? Someone should have explained this feature to James Cameron before he spent millions having Titanic converted to 3D.
Like I said I have serious doubts on this claim. Can someone please comment on if and how this works?

I’m addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn’t matter. -- Steven Wright

zarchitect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zarchitect

[ulr=http://www.amazon.com/Hiteker-TL50Z10AH-TP-50-Inch-60Hz-Black/dp/B009PTN0GS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358716934&sr=1-1&keywords=Hiteker+TL50Z10AH-TP+50-Inch+60Hz+LCD+TV]Amazon[/url] has a Hiteker 50" new for like $380 in case anyone's interested... Woot is ok on some stuff but seems like they miss the mark on TV and cam deals... weird how Woot's owned by Amazon and all - I guess this is one way to liquidate inventory...

azura64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azura64

I got one of these last time on Woot, and it didn't come with the screws for the mount. Does anyone know the dimensions of the screws it is supposed to come with?

vectorg

scotttampa wrote:If you plug ANY cable TV straight from wall into ANY TV, it won't impress you!

Incorrect my old tube style T.vs show crystal clear, kinda sad really that it's better than my LED T.v...

mikeknight01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeknight01
zarchitect wrote:[ulr=http://www.amazon.com/Hiteker-TL50Z10AH-TP-50-Inch-60Hz-Black/dp/B009PTN0GS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358716934&sr=1-1&keywords=Hiteker+TL50Z10AH-TP+50-Inch+60Hz+LCD+TV]Amazon[/url] has a Hiteker 50" new for like $380 in case anyone's interested... Woot is ok on some stuff but seems like they miss the mark on TV and cam deals... weird how Woot's owned by Amazon and all - I guess this is one way to liquidate inventory...

That TV is only 60Hz, not 120, and pretty sure it has a lower contrast ratio. The TV you linked is older technology. The models offered here and that one compare about as well as peaches and kiwi.

asjxvii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asjxvii
vectorg wrote:No different then almost anything else sold in the USA

Apple, Dell, HP, Vizio = American Owned

Hisense, Haier, Lenovo = Chinese Owned

Your pick..

vectorg

asjxvii wrote:Apple, Dell, HP, Vizio = American Owned

Hisense, Haier, Lenovo = Chinese Owned

Your pick..

May be american owned, BUT Chinese manufactured.... No better

qkenuf4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qkenuf4u
dpj002 wrote:Might check your local walmart if you want a new one. Been thinking of pulling the trigger on this one http://hisense-canada.com/tvs/K360

50" Brand new $548 at my store, been that way for weeks.

jumped on that deal 2 weeks ago... LOVE THIS TV...

vectorg

qkenuf4u wrote:jumped on that deal 2 weeks ago... LOVE THIS TV...

How do you like it?
I saw the 50" when i bought my 42"

It's a dang good price for the size T.v and options, Does it have an Optical plug on it?