3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Sunbeam 1500 Watt Garment Steamer
$44.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hello all. Just an FYI that this is a new model of the one that we sold last year. I have the one from last year and I will say that it does a bang-up job on Woot shirts. I air dry my shirts and the steamer knocks any wrinkles right out. I haven't used an iron in months.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

angel on your shoulder:

yeah, it's tempting...i know. "you'll never use your iron again", they say. "it will take the wrinkles out in less than 10 seconds", you convince yourself.

in reality, this thing will sit and collect dust in the corner of the room next to the iron that gets used everyday. just like mine. don't make the same mistake i did.

codediamond

quality posts: 2 Private Messages codediamond

Sunbeam huh? anyone have any feedback on sunbeam?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Video review from vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/45050299

[MOD: Not so much a review as it is an overview.]

ThunderThighs

Staff

pinchecat wrote:angel on your shoulder:

yeah, it's tempting...i know. "you'll never use your iron again", they say. "it will take the wrinkles out in less than 10 seconds", you convince yourself.

in reality, this thing will sit and collect dust in the corner of the room next to the iron that gets used everyday. just like mine. don't make the same mistake i did.

Pffffft. I use mine just about every day.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
ThunderThighs wrote:Pffffft. I use mine just about every day.

Same here, it is GREAT for tee shirts which is what I use it for almost every day (not this exact model by a previously woot!ed steamer). My model doesn't have clothes hanger attachments etc.

idealreptiles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages idealreptiles
ThunderThighs wrote:Pffffft. I use mine just about every day.

At my house, the iron would be collecting dust along with half the stuff I buy here:

"But I swear babe! I know what I said about the pile of cedar BBQ planks, electric component dusters, Bluetooth hands free adapter and backup batteries.... This is one that i'll use! Really, just imagine, we could straighten out all the wrinkles in the pile of laundry over there, and there. Oh, and that pile over there too!

And when we are done, we can convert the closet in the a steam room! It will work... Just waiting for the next deal on some bamboo flooring...

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja

I don't have this make/model, but I use a steamer frequently.
Your reality is not everyones, don't try to claim it is.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

$83.95 at amazon. People also seem to like this giving it a 4.1 out of 5 stars.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-S1500-1500-Watt-Classic-Garment/dp/B003ZE63HM

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

I still don't really understand what makes a steamer better then an iron... less effort I guess?

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
lrgraham14 wrote:I still don't really understand what makes a steamer better then an iron... less effort I guess?

It won't get the fabric as flat as an iron can, but it can get most of the wrinkles out a lot faster than an iron.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

This is quite possibly one of the greatest write-ups of all time.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
CowboyDann wrote:This is quite possibly one of the greatest write-ups of all time.

I'm tempted to count to see if there are, in fact, 1500 watts...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ropper1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ropper1

My steamer is on my list of top 10 best things I've ever bought for myself, along side a high quality chef's knife and low voltage heated blanket. I have only used my iron once in the last couple years. The steamer is so quick and easy!

ThunderThighs

Staff

CowboyDann wrote:This is quite possibly one of the greatest write-ups of all time.

My son said, "Epic Writeup".

FORUM MODERATOR

jrhelou12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhelou12345
miken927 wrote:I'm tempted to count to see if there are, in fact, 1500 watts...

I threw it into Microsoft Word to do a word count, there are in fact 1500 watts.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Almost every day here too. Business casual, and formal are much easier and quicker. Irons are better for making crisp seams - but for my needs, this is it. We bought two for gifts already, and we just bought another one for us as our exact same model broke after 2+ years of hard time. thank you woot - we were waiting, but only for a week or so.

Along with a previous wooter - this is one of our top 10 things (to make life easier), oddly, along with a dual control low wattage heated blanket, and a powered subwoofer (Pinnacle, of course!).

theguruguys wrote:Same here, it is GREAT for tee shirts which is what I use it for almost every day (not this exact model by a previously woot!ed steamer). My model doesn't have clothes hanger attachments etc.

jwjacobs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwjacobs

As a *new* professional, I'm hoping this lives up to the expectations. I really despise ironing.

jdwillhelm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdwillhelm

I didn't think there was 1,500 "watt"'s in your description. Didn't look like it. But there is. I counted 'em.

I know you didn't cheat by using copy and paste.

Oh yeah. Good product and great price.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
ThunderThighs wrote:My son said, "Epic Writeup".

Your son sounds like a pretty cool dude- wonder where he gets his coolness from.

jdwillhelm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdwillhelm

[hic]

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
CowboyDann wrote:Your son sounds like a pretty cool dude- wonder where he gets his coolness from.

lol, epic burn (which is what this wont do in comparison to what Ive done with my iron once before....).

Hoping this will be around in the morning to see if I have enough pennies left :/

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

I cannot believe this showed up today, my old one died, and I was waiting for one of these to show up.now I bought one elsewhere Cause I was back with my IRon and I hated it.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

This one has some nifty features ( the clips and bars and brush ) that mine does not.
and I love the one I have.

word of warning --- clothes you wish to de-wrinkle must be off your body or ouch ! can get a nasty burn.
not that I would of tried that or anything.
just sayin'......

greytam

quality posts: 4 Private Messages greytam

I have used steamers for at least the last 10 years - still pull out my iron once in a blue moon for a fancy tablecloth, but the steamer handles everything else. I even have a small one I take along when I travel. This one works beautifully for shirts. I am not so skilled at using the clips to do pants. However, mostly I just lay the pants down over a counter or table and take the steamer to the fronts and it works fine on my khakis as long as they aren't twisty wrinkled.

I am amazed when I see otherwise professional people wearing wrinkled clothes. Totally ruins their look. This is truly a quick, easy way to get things looking great!

s11018

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s11018

Now I have something to steam my "Star Trek Next Generation" uniform.

daefaroth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages daefaroth

If I buy 806,667 of these can I get to Hill Valley in time for the Enchantment Under the Sea dance?

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
ThunderThighs wrote:Hello all. Just an FYI that this is a new model of the one that we sold last year. I have the one from last year and I will say that it does a bang-up job on Woot shirts. I air dry my shirts and the steamer knocks any wrinkles right out. I haven't used an iron in months.

what's the difference to last year's model? I think you sold it several time last year for $39.99 and even $34.99 at least once - what does this one have that the previous (cheaper one) did not have?
Or is it not truly an improved model and just a different marketing/packaging thing?

scotstah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotstah

I bought 1 for me, 2 as gifts. Amazon is selling this for $83. YAY WOOT!

SuperSarge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SuperSarge

Hint: Use the SEARCH function of your browser to find out how many watts there are, instead of counting them....unless you really, REALLY want to do that.

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53
jrhelou12345 wrote:I threw it into Microsoft Word to do a word count, there are in fact 1500 watts.

I wouldn't trust the results from MS word for an accurate count...

madine56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madine56

looks like i just found my girlfriends valentines day gift Whoohoo!!

kcarlson1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcarlson1

Could this be used on a comforter?

savedru2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savedru2

Clips do not hold the pants if they are the least bit heavier material. I've noticed most blouse flop around when running the steamer across them too. You must "tug" on the bottom manually to hold in place. Very cumbersome.

kenny25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenny25

Same story here. I used it twice and now it collects dust. Just quit bein lazy and iron it...

Gobenlando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gobenlando

I too bought one off the here during a previous offering. I remember as if it were a meal ago, it was 1:30 in the am eastern time. I was waiting for the dryer to end so I could hang up all my skirts while warm to avoid wrinkles. Needless to say the sunbeam offered a chance at extra moonbeams, as I could rectify wrinkles with one of these. So I purchased it.

Maybe I am doing it wrong but I can't get that crisp looking seam the way you do with an iron, but it does take out wrinkles no problem.

tcope

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcope

I only buy wrinkle free dress shirts and have not needed to iron on 15 years or so. The dryers I've owned usually have a cool down timer and I take the cloths out soon after it turns off. Never needed the extra step of the iron unless I want to put a better pleat in pants.

If I wanted to use steam to remove wrinkles I'd probably just plug in the iron and use the steam feature on the iron itself. Hang the item up and then just use the iron vertically.

stubbs4prez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stubbs4prez

Now that I work from home, I rarely need to do any steaming... but when I need to put that fancy shirt on for a night on the town to Applebees, this is the first thing I grab.

The other thing that I use this for is to "sanitize" kids toys. I like using steam to kill the germs over any cleaner. Actually, 2 of the children's consignment stores we frequently visit use a very similar model for all of their sanitizing that is required by law.

I have never had good luck with the clips that are provided but with a little practice, this item is easy to use to get a nice wrinkle free garment.