i1024get

quality posts: 0 Private Messages i1024get

I bought the one that Woot was selling last year. I love it, though I wish it had the clothes rack and bar attached as this one does.

Also thought I would share a secret: Downy makes a product called, Downy Wrinkle Releaser, it is a miracle product. Bought mine from Walmart for around $10 for a big bottle. I had my doubts but this stuff is the bomb. I now only steam the important clothes. The rest get the Downy treatment. I can leave clothes in the dryer for days and withing 3 minutes of the Downy being sprayed on it, on a hanger of course, all the wrinkles are gone. Simply sharing my bachelor tips!

Passenger57

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Passenger57

Great for touching up dress shirts and pants if you want to get a little more use between washes. Little tip, go from the bottom up because steam rises.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
i1024get wrote:I bought the one that Woot was selling last year. I love it, though I wish it had the clothes rack and bar attached as this one does.

Also thought I would share a secret: Downy makes a product called, Downy Wrinkle Releaser, it is a miracle product. Bought mine from Walmart for around $10 for a big bottle. I had my doubts but this stuff is the bomb. I now only steam the important clothes. The rest get the Downy treatment. I can leave clothes in the dryer for days and withing 3 minutes of the Downy being sprayed on it, on a hanger of course, all the wrinkles are gone. Simply sharing my bachelor tips!

This from last year looks identical?
http://home.woot.com/offers/sunbeam-1500-watt-garment-steamer-5
http://moofi.woot.com/offers/sunbeam-1500-watt-garment-steamer-6

i1024get

quality posts: 0 Private Messages i1024get
andreaserben wrote:This from last year looks identical?
http://home.woot.com/offers/sunbeam-1500-watt-garment-steamer-5
http://moofi.woot.com/offers/sunbeam-1500-watt-garment-steamer-6

Not the exact model. I have the Sunbeam S1400 1400Watt Garment Steamer

dsschmitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsschmitt

Not a fan,used to take my shirts to dry cleaner then I thought I should try the garment steamer to save some cash. After washing my dress shirts it gets the worst wrinkles out but there are still lumps and bumps on the shirt. Now I'm ironing again!

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
Gobenlando wrote:Maybe I am doing it wrong but I can't get that crisp looking seam the way you do with an iron

It's not intended for that.

bpb34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpb34
pinchecat wrote:angel on your shoulder:

yeah, it's tempting...i know. "you'll never use your iron again", they say. "it will take the wrinkles out in less than 10 seconds", you convince yourself.

in reality, this thing will sit and collect dust in the corner of the room next to the iron that gets used everyday. just like mine. don't make the same mistake i did.

Same here. I thought it would save a lot of time and money from not having to dry clean but it is a pain to use and does not do nearly as good of a job as an iron.

jsouthard007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsouthard007
miken927 wrote:I'm tempted to count to see if there are, in fact, 1500 watts...

There are 1500 Watts. There are 12 Watts in each line, so you would have to have 125 lines. There is a pattern - a slightly narrower line each 25 lines which makes it easy to count in blocks of 25, and there are in fact 125 lines. Took me about a minute.

Woot, can you at least give me free shipping for that?

scott4381

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scott4381
Gobenlando wrote:I too bought one off the here during a previous offering. I remember as if it were a meal ago, it was 1:30 in the am eastern time. I was waiting for the dryer to end so I could hang up all my skirts while warm to avoid wrinkles. Needless to say the sunbeam offered a chance at extra moonbeams, as I could rectify wrinkles with one of these. So I purchased it.

Maybe I am doing it wrong but I can't get that crisp looking seam the way you do with an iron, but it does take out wrinkles no problem.

I get pretty good crisp creases in pant legs by lining up the crease the way I want it against a closet door (or wall, whatever), and pressing the steamer against the crease. Probably doesn't work as well as an iron but then I haven't used an iron in years and can't stand them

lynx3058

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynx3058

I bought this the last time it was on woot and have used it a few times. It works well.

I am a photographer and it works well on my fabric backdrops as well as my clothes.

The only real criticisms I have are you have to go over an area a few times to really get deep wrinkles out and the clothing clips to not hold pants very well.

ChampionOfChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChampionOfChaos

Is anyone else in design being driven mad by some of the watts being out of alignment on the description?! Argh!

Woots:
1. Razer Copperhead 2000dpi Laser Gaming Mouse
2. Star Wars Vault: 30 Years of Treasures From the Lucasfilm Archives
3. Peavey Rockmaster Standard Acoustic Stage Pack
4. Excalibur NF07-08 NFL Premium Edition Vibrating Football
5. Kelty Shrike 32 Daypack
6. Kelty Courser 40 Backpack
7. Kershaw Vapor III Folding Knife
8. Imaginext Castle Ogre
9. All-Over Paisley Wrap

karmantandon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karmantandon

Just ordered one! My wife's been wanting a good steamer because ironing dresses, especially those made of lighter materials, doesn't work well. I hope I don't have to iron anymore with this; the amazon reviews give some good tips on how to do creases for men's clothes (hold a cutting board behind, hang on a closet door).

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo

Wooted the one last year. LOVE IT. Use it for my work suits, blouses, and was shocked at how beautifully it does cottons and cotton blends. No sharp creases of course, but does a bang up job on nearly everything I've used it on! Only thing that it didn't do was some 100% poly curtains that had major manufacture creases in them.

kmkbywoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmkbywoot

...and not so much a video as a slide show. I'd like to see it actually remove wrinkles in a pair of trousers and a sports coat or a suit. I hate having to take something to the dry cleaners merely because it's been crushed in my rediculously small closet. Anyone used something like this on a sports coat? (Just bought off the rack at Boscovs - came pre-crushed.)

omni1269

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omni1269

I can't attest to this model specifically, but I got one last year and wasn't too impressed with it. The steam takes a while to build up and only last a very short amount of time unless you hold the hose a very certain way. If this one is an improvement from that, I would buy it for sure.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
azdarkknight wrote:lol, epic burn (which is what this wont do in comparison to what Ive done with my iron once before....).

Hoping this will be around in the morning to see if I have enough pennies left :/

Nope, TT is a radical babe. No burns intended

leoharper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages leoharper

In for one...hope this works well on crow's feet!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Looks like what came out when Captain Jean Luc Picard killed that Borg leader.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

karmantandon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karmantandon

Here are 26 more reviews for a 4.5 star rating:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Sunbeam-S1500-Classic-Garment-Steamer/5169328/product.html

quelynwoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages quelynwoot

We have a wedding to attend in May. This might just be a nice item to give as a gift for such an occasion.

I wonder if this gives off enough steam power to clean the grout on my kitchen floor tiles.

dadof6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dadof6

I hope that this steams veggies. I love steamed asparagus. Broccoli, too. Yum.

Sardinicus

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sardinicus

Watt watt watt

SenorWeird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SenorWeird

I got one of these from Woot not too long ago. Here's the thing: it isn't an iron replacement. It's an iron supplement (and not the kind you swallow).

I ironed ALL my dress shirts once. Good. Nice and creased. Now when I get home from work, I hang them up immediately. None of that balled-up-on-the-bed crap.

Then, when I want to wear a shirt again, I use the steamer to get the little day-to-day wrinkles out. Much faster and easier than dealing with an iron. The iron is for big jobs. This thing is for little jobs or shirts that you'd NEVER think of ironing, like t-shirts or polos or a tie (if you're careful) or my wife's blouses.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

What if I like my clothing wrinkled? I mean, it's got a ton of cat hair on it anyway, why bother ironing or steaming out the wrinkles?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I haven't used it yet but this one comes with a creased attachment. It's that hoop thing in the photo to the right of the base.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rywins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rywins

This thing does not work! Bought one last time, do not waste your $. Buy an Iron.

Gobenlando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gobenlando
SuperNinja wrote:It's not intended for that.

Just commenting on the Crease ability. But I have yet to try having the door or surface behind such Scott4381 says.

ThunderThighs wrote:I haven't used it yet but this one comes with a creased attachment. It's that hoop thing in the photo to the right of the base.

scott4381 wrote:I get pretty good crisp creases in pant legs by lining up the crease the way I want it against a closet door (or wall, whatever), and pressing the steamer against the crease. Probably doesn't work as well as an iron but then I haven't used an iron in years and can't stand them

SuperNinja

Gobenlando wrote:Just commenting on the Crease ability.

ThunderThighs wrote:I haven't used it yet but this one comes with a creased attachment. It's that hoop thing in the photo to the right of the base.

That's new to me.

My older steamer doesn't come with attachments.

I guess it could do creases, but I doubt they would be near as sharp as one from an iron.

SuperNinja

quelynwoot wrote:I wonder if this gives off enough steam power to clean the grout on my kitchen floor tiles.

No, these are not good for cleaning.

Steamers that are used for cleaning spray out the steam with a lot more force.
If you want a steamer for cleaning, you can find them for around $15-$20.
I got one for $15 at Big Lots.
This one is very similar to the one that I got from Big Lots:
http://www.asseenontv-superstore.com/household/rainbow-scunci-steamfast-steamer.html

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

jdwillhelm wrote:I didn't think there was 1,500 "watt"'s in your description. Didn't look like it. But there is. I counted 'em.

I know you didn't cheat by using copy and paste.

Sir or Madame, I AM A PROFESSIONAL.

So I absolutely did.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

gambler726

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gambler726

I absolutely love this steamer. It is perfect for jeans and a shirt / sweater, etc., although I haven't had to do the crease thing. I use it almost every day and I really have not used my iron since I got it months ago.

I don't use the pants clips but rather drape pants on the end of my bed and it does a quick, bang up job on those wrinkles. This is not a dust collector in my house!

As a bonus, it works as a room humidifier.

mattdocmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattdocmartin

Own one and LOVE it. Does a bang up job on my suits and shirts and has saved me LOTS of money vs. dry cleaner.

Bingo969

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Bingo969

Well this should be interesting. I just bought one to hook up to a box to use for steam bending wood. Thanks Woot for being a source for woodworking tools!

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
CowboyDann wrote:This is quite possibly one of the greatest write-ups of all time.

Watt?

thaluckyspoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thaluckyspoon

Don't recommend unless you have no-iron clothes. The pole is flimsy and the clips are cheap. I ended up rigging my own contraption to hold the clothes in a proper manner. It saves me time/money on my no-iron clothes but for everything else it's faster/easier to just use an iron and/or dryer.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

towards the end of last year you sold this already though, correct? (for a little less)

garylehr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garylehr
omni1269 wrote:I can't attest to this model specifically, but I got one last year and wasn't too impressed with it. The steam takes a while to build up and only last a very short amount of time unless you hold the hose a very certain way. If this one is an improvement from that, I would buy it for sure.

Pretty much the same here... It does do a good job with my shirts and pants out of the dryer, but I have to put one of my own pants hangers on the rack because the one on the unit sucks, and the steam comes out very strong for a while, then it just stops and you have to wait a minute or more for it to start again. The cycle keeps repeating, steam-stop-wait-steam again. I don't know if this model will be different, but this little glitch extends the time it takes to steam and can get frustrating.

garylehr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garylehr
ThunderThighs wrote:Hello all. Just an FYI that this is a new model of the one that we sold last year. I have the one from last year and I will say that it does a bang-up job on Woot shirts. I air dry my shirts and the steamer knocks any wrinkles right out. I haven't used an iron in months.

The one I purchased the last time Woo-ooo-ooot offered this, in July 27, 2012, is the SAME model, the Sunbeam S1500.

suishou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suishou
ChampionOfChaos wrote:Is anyone else in design being driven mad by some of the watts being out of alignment on the description?! Argh!

Me! My type teacher would have a heart attack if she saw this. I feel better though after another wooter realized the misaligned areas denote blocks of 25 for ease of counting.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

garylehr wrote:The one I purchased the last time Woo-ooo-ooot offered this, in July 27, 2012, is the SAME model, the Sunbeam S1500.

Just know what I was told. Same model, updated version.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders