WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Lights, Camera, Jail!

For years, Quick Hands McGee had been snatching pies from Auntie Mildred's window sill. But then she installed a high tech video surveillance system, and before he knew it, McGee was doing hard time for 72 counts of pie theft. As far as protecting your pies goes, there's no better solution than a quality video surveillance system.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:I spy with my little eyes, someone who shouldn't be there. Who have you spied with your security cameras?
I'm just hanging out, really.

bbrener

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbrener

Ancient! Internet Explorer 5?; Win98? Boggles the mind.

shabazz18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shabazz18
bbrener wrote:Ancient! Internet Explorer 5?; Win98? Boggles the mind.

What?!

ljonas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljonas

I spied someone changing their shirt on my porch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/un816qy6bl7oooi/20120821_shirt_change.mkv

warning: funny but it's not pretty

ljonas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljonas
shabazz18 wrote:What?!

See specs for Zmodo CM-I12316GY.

aceattorney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceattorney

It's got a hare drive.

btalarczyk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btalarczyk

Ok, so I quickly tried to look up this camera online. The specs are really vague.

Does this camera need an separate DVR to record video? If not, how much video can it hold? How many days worth or continuous record? Does it support a mobile app or mobile (Iphone) browser? Says it supports OS's up to vista. What about windows 7 or 8?

I was gonna buy 3 but I really need some clarification before I drop that much money.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

btalarczyk wrote:Ok, so I quickly tried to look up this camera online. The specs are really vague.

Does this camera need an separate DVR to record video? If not, how much video can it hold? How many days worth or continuous record? Does it support a mobile app or mobile (Iphone) browser? Says it supports OS's up to vista. What about windows 7 or 8?

I was gonna buy 3 but I really need some clarification before I drop that much money.

Can you specify which camera you're asking about?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

clodia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clodia
btalarczyk wrote:Ok, so I quickly tried to look up this camera online. The specs are really vague.

all these types of cameras require a dvr to record or view the video. The cameras will connect to the DVR with a cable that has a BNC connector, and also has to connect to a power supply. Don't buy an individual camera if you don't already have a system set up. The individual camera would be for someone who wants to expand an existing system. Hope this helps. PS...650 TVL is good. I think 700 or 750 is the max they make (unless you go Megapixel cameras) . I personally wouldn't get anything with less that 650 TVL.

matkyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matkyne
ljonas wrote:I spied someone changing their shirt on my porch.

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/un816qy6bl7oooi/20120821_shirt_change.mkv[\url]

Good God man! A little warning next time!

iamthe1toknow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthe1toknow
clodia wrote:all these types of cameras require a dvr to record or view the video. The cameras will connect to the DVR with a cable that has a BNC connector, and also has to connect to a power supply. Don't buy an individual camera if you don't already have a system set up. The individual camera would be for someone who wants to expand an existing system. Hope this helps. PS...650 TVL is good. I think 700 or 750 is the max they make (unless you go Megapixel cameras) . I personally wouldn't get anything with less that 650 TVL.

iamthe1toknow

You can find the 3 cable wire that includes the audio cable built in on amazon for around $10 for 10 ft. You will need that for the Sony Effio-E cam.

iamthe1toknow

iamthe1toknow wrote:You can find the 3 cable wire that includes the audio cable built in on amazon for around $10 for 10 ft. You will need that for the Sony Effio-E cam.

Sorry $10 for 100ft

gemsgirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gemsgirl
inkycatz wrote:

After an arson at a US acknowledged historic place I captured on various cameras who did it, when they did it, and what path they took throughout the place.

clarkd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clarkd

Description of outdoor ip cam says you can record video "when motion is DEFECTED!!!"

mwhiteman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwhiteman

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/un816qy6bl7oooi/20120821_shirt_change.mkv[\url]

My EYES! They just melted! Argh!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
gemsgirl wrote:After an arson at a US acknowledged historic place I captured on various cameras who did it, when they did it, and what path they took throughout the place.

Wow, that's a neat story!

I'm just hanging out, really.

btalarczyk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btalarczyk
ThunderThighs wrote:Can you specify which camera you're asking about?

Wow! I left out the most important part. My bad. anyhow the model is Zmodo CM-I12316GY Wireless IP Outdoor Camera.

The woot specs say that it has a built in web server and can record if motion is detected or take still frames. Also live viewing via web browser. Thats why I was wondering if a DVR was needed or if they had built in memory.

I have a high end LTS webserver camera I use for a baby monitor that does all this but it doesn't record unless you setup the software on a computer and use the computer as a dvr. Was wondering if this was similar or not.

Chmarr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chmarr
btalarczyk wrote:Wow! I left out the most important part. My bad. anyhow the model is Zmodo CM-I12316GY Wireless IP Outdoor Camera.

The woot specs say that it has a built in web server and can record if motion is detected or take still frames. Also live viewing via web browser. Thats why I was wondering if a DVR was needed or if they had built in memory.

I have a high end LTS webserver camera I use for a baby monitor that does all this but it doesn't record unless you setup the software on a computer and use the computer as a dvr. Was wondering if this was similar or not.

This doesnt have any kind of built in memory. If you want somethign recorded, you'll need to be running software on a computer somewhere that connects to one of the "streams" on the camera, and records what is being returned

jsking007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsking007

Will Zmodo camera work with Swann DVR?

ThunderThighs

Staff

That's pretty darn hilarious, actually.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

clarkd wrote:Description of outdoor ip cam says you can record video "when motion is DEFECTED!!!"

HA! Not totally inaccurate but I'll send it in for fixing. LOL

kagekonjou

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kagekonjou
Chmarr wrote:This doesnt have any kind of built in memory. If you want somethign recorded, you'll need to be running software on a computer somewhere that connects to one of the "streams" on the camera, and records what is being returned

Usually with these kinds of cameras (IP cameras like the Zmodo CM-I12316GY), you have to leave the camera running in a web browser (often IE for ActiveX). Then, if motion is detected, it records and auto-saves to the folder you defined.

tagbiker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tagbiker
jsking007 wrote:Will Zmodo camera work with Swann DVR?

The cameras should work just fine. I converted to another brand dvr from the zmodo and the cameras worked just fine. If you were running PTZ cameras, then that might be an issue, but for these non-controlled type cameras they should be darn near plug n play.

pop3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pop3
Chmarr wrote:This doesnt have any kind of built in memory. If you want somethign recorded, you'll need to be running software on a computer somewhere that connects to one of the "streams" on the camera, and records what is being returned

most of the time ip cameras record right on to your hard drive you need to set most things up ftp or though email if it does come with a hard drive it is just a SD card I have a bunch of cams like this set up. i can veiw them on pretty much any phone or pc you just need to forward the port for them and remember the ip unless you have a dns set up then all you have to rember is the dns address

lesliepersons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesliepersons

are any of these units wireless?

172pilotsteve

quality posts: 3 Private Messages 172pilotsteve
lesliepersons wrote:are any of these units wireless?

Only the one that has the keyword "Wireless" in the description :-)

mikelally

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mikelally

wt f, buttcrack goes halfway up her back!

And as for zmodo cameras. I have returned like 6 because the ir leds cut in and out. They either come like that or start doing it within the first few months.

wyreless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wyreless

Just wanted to chime in regarding the Vari-focal Weatherproof Security Camera. I bought that camera two offering ago and have been VERY happy. I have allot of cameras, CCTV and IP cameras, and the Vari-focal Weatherproof Security Camera is doing a great job. Has excellent IR night illumination and one of the best images I have. Being an outside camera at $45, you will not be unhappy.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

"Living For The DEAL!!"

IronCobra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IronCobra

Can anybody tell me how "vandal proof" these actually are and how that compares to a standard non vandal proof bullet camera?

zmodo

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zmodo
bbrener wrote:Ancient! Internet Explorer 5?; Win98? Boggles the mind.

We have to keep everyone in consideration who might have old gear! I can think of at least 2 people who both live in my parents house that still use Windows 98...

zmodo

btalarczyk wrote:Wow! I left out the most important part. My bad. anyhow the model is Zmodo CM-I12316GY Wireless IP Outdoor Camera.

Right on, Chmarr. The I12316GY needs to be connected (wired or wirelessly) to a router that is connected to a computer that you can record files to. You assign a file location to record the video files that the camera records upon motion defection.

IP Cameras such as the I12316GY are actually not compatible with DVRs because DVRs need the cameras to be analog, and IP Cameras give out a digital signal.

You can check out the IP Camera livedemos we have in our office here:

http://www.zmodo.com/live-demo/

(Needs to be run on Internet Explorer, sorry!)

zmodo

IronCobra wrote:Can anybody tell me how "vandal proof" these actually are and how that compares to a standard non vandal proof bullet camera?

The vandal proof cameras are basically cameras that are much less likely to malfunction due to tampering. Only dome-style cameras can be vandal proof because they don't have exposed wires, you can't change the direction they're facing by poking them, and they're very robust enough to not malfunction if you're trying to throw things at it from 12 feet away. (typical floor to ceiling height)

However if you climb up a ladder and go crazy on a vandal proof camera with a brick, yea its gonna break.

N6VMO

quality posts: 2 Private Messages N6VMO

All these analog systems are obsolete and are going the way of the Dodo...a full IP based system is the way to go.

orionfike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orionfike

I just found out that WOOT has an alias for the word L_a_m_e (spelled properly without the "_"). At least it does on my laptop.

That alias is "Generation 3 Ponies"
This could possibly be the coolest thing I have ever witnessed.

Generation 3 Ponies
Generation 3 Ponies
"Generation 3 Ponies"
"Generation 3 Ponies"
"Generation 3 Ponies"
Generation 3 Ponies

Please say this is happening to someone else too.