agingdragqueen

quality posts: 120 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Why yes, we've done something like this before!

Part XII: facebook|forum: The winner is Michael Cipielewski- lucky number 784 of 1178 entries!
Part XI: facebook|forum: The winner is Holly Leichtman- lucky number 71 of 467 entries!
Part X: facebook|forum: The winner is Michael Colcord- lucky number 67 of 542 entries!
Part IX: facebook|forum: The winner is Heather Delo- lucky number 304 out of 443 entries!
Part VIII: facebook|forum: The winner is Jason Letanosky- lucky number 291 of 409 entries!
Part VII: facebook|forum: The winner is Carl Wiggins- lucky number 69 of 208 entries!
Part VI: facebook|forum: The winner is Nanci Ryker-Judd- lucky number 176 of 224 entries!
Part V: facebook|forum: The winner is Derek Fife- lucky number 144 of 435 entries!
Part IV: facebook|forum: The winner is Lynn Pistolas- lucky number 252 of 706 entries!
Part III: facebook|forum: The winner is Jon Bell- lucky number 316 of 360 entries!
Part II: facebook|forum: The winner is Daniel Denman- lucky number 216 of 295 entries!
Part I: facebook|forum: The winner is Andrew Gawronski- lucky number 558 of 584 entries!

General FAQ
or feel free to ask anything in the thread!

Q. Do I need to put anything in the body of the email/ make a guess on the item?
A. Nope. It's just that easy- correct subject line (or close enough variation), everything else is gravy.

Q. How are you picking the winners?
A. Nothing too fancy- I wait til the end of the hour and let Outlook catch up. I eliminate any ineligible emails (not within the correct time, not the right subject) and then determine how many I have. I use a random number generator to choose between 1 (the first received email) and however many responses I got.

Q. What's that release your rules are mentioning?
A. You are wise to be suspicious of legalese. It's basically so we can get confirmation you agreed to the terms & conditions (linked above), the most harrowing of which is that we want to post your name in this thread.

Q. So what happens if you don't hear back from the winner?
A. We're giving everyone until end of day 01/28 to respond. If they do not by then, we have all eligible emails saved and we'll redraw likely with a shorter time to respond to that email.

Q. How much do you want to smack all the people who are emailing you beyond the time limit you've provided?
A. You don't even know.

Q. I REALLY FOR SOME REASON NEEDED TO REPLY WITH A BLANK COMMENT QUOTING YOUR RULES BUT IT'S BEEN DELETED OR SOMETHING WHAT'S UP WITH THAT
A. I don't even know why you're doing that, of course I'm going to delete it! If you need to keep those rules in one of your posts then add something! Anything!

Quality Posts

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

... I missed out on the Jakks camera. ;_;

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part I

Woot is offering a Beanie Babies & Rusted Root set to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 10:00 a.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 11:00 a.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want Mortimer’s Closet Bundle!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.
  • Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
  • All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)

The winner is Andrew Gawronski!

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland

haHA, I *just* received read receipts from the last POC giveaway :D

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part II

Woot is offering a Let’s Paint the ‘90’s! book to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 11:30 a.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 12:30 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Yes! I DO want to paint the '90s!
    ” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
  • All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)

The winner is Daniel Denman!

adonisseraph

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adonisseraph

DO you need your contact info in the body of the e-mail??

agingdragqueen

Staff

adonisseraph wrote:DO you need your contact info in the body of the e-mail??

Nope. I'll respond back to the email if you're selected as winner, at that time you'll provide your address and all that.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part III

Woot is offering a Jordan pog set to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 2:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 3:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want the Jordan pog set!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Jon Bell!

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555
agingdragqueen wrote:Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part II

psst agingdragqueen, isn't this part III?

Do the slave drivers even let you take a break on days like today?

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

agingdragqueen

Staff

theoneill555 wrote:psst agingdragqueen, isn't this part III?

Do the slave drivers even let you take a break on days like today?

Hey, at least that's the only thing I missed! (thanks for pointing it out too)

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Jordan's back... in POG form.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part IV

Woot is offering a Just Kickin’ It bundle to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 3:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 4:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want the Just Kickin’ It bundle!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Lynn Pistolas!

ckohan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckohan

How do you enter the sweepstakes?

agingdragqueen

Staff

ckohan wrote:How do you enter the sweepstakes?

To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want the Just Kickin’ It bundle!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

Though this will change for each item we're giving away.

miken927

And now a brief commercial message:

(I'm hungry... for some '90s-era Taco Bell)

------------------
I Bet on Sky

agingdragqueen

Staff

miken927 wrote:
(I'm hungry... for some '90s-era Taco Bell)

WHOA, I had no idea Johnny Cash did a Taco Bell commercial.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part V

Woot is offering a Power Rangers mask to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 5:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 6:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want the Power Rangers mask!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Derek Fife!

msujp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msujp

The red power ranger kidnapped and tried to kill two senior citizens. After he was sent to prison he tried to cut his.......boys off.

True story..google it.

thanks Adult swim

agingdragqueen

Staff

msujp wrote:The red power ranger kidnapped and tried to kill two senior citizens. After he was sent to prison he tried to cut his.......boys off.

True story..google it.

thanks Adult swim

I've learned so much today.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

I have sister who would find it cool if I won that Power Ranger mask. Here's hoping...

theoneill555

msujp wrote:The red power ranger kidnapped and tried to kill two senior citizens. After he was sent to prison he tried to cut his.......boys off.

True story..google it.

thanks Adult swim

I don't believe that Skylar Deleon was one of the Power Rangers. I had to watch that series during the 90's to be able to answer my kids questions and keep up with their interests.

I did Google it and he was an ACTOR on the Power Rangers (not one of the Rangers) show for one episode in 1994 and he did murder 2 elderly people in a most heinous way.

scgalati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scgalati

FB says accepting till 5:30 CT but the woot forum says 6:00 CT

agingdragqueen

Staff

scgalati wrote:FB says accepting till 5:30 CT but the woot forum says 6:00 CT

I'm sorry about that, I did not have it correct on the Facebook page. If I make an error like that, I'll always take the latest time to go off on since that seems the fairest.

miken927

agingdragqueen wrote:I'm sorry about that, I did not have it correct on the Facebook page. If I make an error like that, I'll always take the latest time to go off on since that seems the fairest.

Are we going to have more tonight? MORE MORE MORE!!

Oops, sorry, wrong decade!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part VI

Woot is offering a Vest of Friends bundle to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 7:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 8:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want the Vest of Friends bundle!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Nanci Ryker-Judd!

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
agingdragqueen wrote:Nope. I'll respond back to the email if you're selected as winner, at that time you'll provide your address and all that.

so does that mean that I dont have to use the email account linked to my woot account?

Where's the crap?

agingdragqueen

Staff

parrotice wrote:so does that mean that I dont have to use the email account linked to my woot account?

Nope, you can use whatever email address you want to use.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part VII

Woot is offering a Sassy Subscriber bundle to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 10:00 a.m. (CT) on January 23, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 11:00 a.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want the Sassy Subscriber bundle!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Carl Wiggins!

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part VIII

Woot is offering a Here’s Waldo bundle to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 12:30 p.m. (CT) on January 23, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 1:30 a.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want the Here’s Waldo bundle!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Jason Letanosky

unclejoeyv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unclejoeyv

part V and part VIII facebook links go to woot forums, not facebook.

agingdragqueen

Staff

unclejoeyv wrote:part V and part VIII facebook links go to woot forums, not facebook.

Fixed. I was apparently just too lazy to put links in my tags at all.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part IX

Woot is offering a Corporate Slacker bundle to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 2:00 p.m. (CT) on January 23, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 3:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want the Corporate Slacker bundle!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Heather Delo!

miken927

agingdragqueen wrote:Fixed. I was apparently just too lazy to put links in my tags at all.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part X

Woot is offering a Nintendo bundle to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 4:00 p.m. (CT) on January 23, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 5:00 p.m. (CT) on January 22, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I’m Too Sexy For Nintendo!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Michael Colcord!

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part XI

Woot is offering a BYOCables Playstation bundle to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 6:00 p.m. (CT) on January 23, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 7:00 p.m. (CT) on January 23, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want the BYOCables Playstation bundle!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Holly Leichtman!

minimum1960

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minimum1960

thanks. love simplicity. just email us.

theoneill555

Dang song is stuck in my head -

Thanks, agingdragqueen. I guess I will go dust off the kid's Eiffel 65 CD.

agingdragqueen

Staff

theoneill555 wrote:Dang song is stuck in my head -

Thanks, agingdragqueen. I guess I will go dust off the kid's Eiffel 65 CD.

I just cannot press play on that, it would be in my head for DAYS.

theoneill555

agingdragqueen wrote:I just cannot press play on that, it would be in my head for DAYS.

I am glad you could save yourself, it was too late for me.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Hott ‘93 Sweepstakes: Part XII

Woot is offering a Whatever box set to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 7:30 p.m. (CT) on January 23, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 8:30 p.m. (CT) on January 23, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Whatever!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Michael Cipielewski!