0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Asus 10.1" 32GB Tablet w/Keyboard Dock
$329.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Decent deal for the 32 Gig, wasnt the one before Christmas a 16Gig?

bbomar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbomar

Considering these have been discontinued, I'm think the price is way too much! I just bought a NEW one for my wife for $300 on clearance.

wolfy13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfy13

I have one of these and love it. Unfortunately, I paid full price when it first came out instead of getting it from Woot. :-(

dsnyder1123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsnyder1123
bbomar wrote:Considering these have been discontinued, I'm think the price is way too much! I just bought a NEW one for my wife for $300 on clearance.

These are currently on sale at many retailers for similar prices in new condition, but they do not often come with the keyboard dock (retails ~$99-149). This is a pretty nice deal with 32GB of memory.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

Good deal if you really want the keyboard dock. Not so much if you're indifferent about the dock.

Scrago11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scrago11

As pointed out above, big difference is that it comes with a dock. I grabbed one for my husband for school, though I may steal it from him.
I find the docks help with web browsing and research. Not really great for working on that thesis, but works for those stupid Blackboard quizzes.

ad1357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ad1357

You can get that same tablet from best buy for 349 brand new

tmmurphy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmmurphy

We got this for my wife in November as a Xmas present. She took to it and loves it. Is even getting used to Android for the first time. The keyboard is great. The combination of keyboard and touch entry is something that feels organic - I can see all laptops going this way eventually. 5 stars.

ad1357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ad1357
tmmurphy wrote:We got this for my wife in November as a Xmas present. She took to it and loves it. Is even getting used to Android for the first time. The keyboard is great. The combination of keyboard and touch entry is something that feels organic - I can see all laptops going this way eventually. 5 stars.

But it doesn't operate on windows right?? So makes it a little harder to use??

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
ad1357 wrote:You can get that same tablet from best buy for 349 brand new

Can we assume it has the dock? Link please.

piebandit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piebandit

Bought one of these as a laptop replacement, about a week ago from woot, been loving it so far. There's a very active mod community on these, so if you want to install custom roms or linux, seems like this is a great device for you.

One thing to note is despite the listing, it will probably ship with Jellybean, not Ice Cream Sandwich, and they'll be a firmware update waiting for you.

Mojoski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mojoski

I have one of these (paid full price a while back) and absolutely love it. It has replaced my laptop. If I need to do something I can't in Android, I connect to a PC with VNC and do it. Overall a great device for anyone who travels.

habanero99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages habanero99

I got one last week on the Woot special and I love it! Since I use the keyboard frequently, the $329 price is extra nice. Nothing bad to say about the device at all. All smiles so far!

piebandit

jmbunkin wrote:Can we assume it has the dock? Link please.

well, here's the link...not that it clears anything up:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Tablet+with+32GB+Memory+-+Blue/5359476.p?id=1218635271532&skuId=5359476#

the "What's included" lists the battery dock, but the images clearly state keyboard dock sold separately

stfritz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stfritz

I just bought one without the dock from Office Max for $300 on sale. I have seen the docks new on ebay for $70-80. Since my last refurbished tablet (Vizio) from woot died after about year, I was not willing to gamble on a refurb again.

salockwood

quality posts: 4 Private Messages salockwood
NascarDad wrote:Decent deal for the 32 Gig, wasnt the one before Christmas a 16Gig?

The one in November was a 16 gig, and it was the same price. 339 with taxes and shipping. I like mine. Difference is that the November deal was the 201 Prime. This is the TF 300. Difference is the Prime is a NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 Quad-core CPU and the 300 is NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 4-Plus-1™ Quad Core CPU. I quit watching but I think the prime was the better deal even at 16 gigs. JMHO.

This space for rent.

1ltkls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 1ltkls

We got this last woot-off as a gift. Came quickly and seemed perfect out of box. Absolutely no problems yet. Son LOVES his new tablet and is using it for both homework and games.

11/17/2006 RANDOM CRSorry, we're sold out of this item or don't have enough blah blah blah.
11/17/2006 RoboRaptor Platinum Robo Dino
11/17/2006 LeakFrog (3!)
10/17/2006 jWIN AM/FM Radio Headphones: 2-fer
10/13/2006 HP Premium Plus 4×6 Photo Paper
08/18/2006 SanDisk 256MB MP3/WMA, FM, Voice Rec.

salockwood

quality posts: 4 Private Messages salockwood
ad1357 wrote:But it doesn't operate on windows right?? So makes it a little harder to use??

Thankfully no. It is an Android. MS and their portable CE should go away and stick to laptops where their strength is.

I hate when MS releases a new OS and we, the people, get to Beta test for them. Once we as the consumer find all the problems, they take and make the first SP. And they take a year to do it.

Oh wait, this is not a MS slam area. It's for the Transformer. Um,....excuse me.

{Voice Command} Reactivate Lurk Mode.

This space for rent.

Athene454

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Athene454

I also bought one last week for the same price (thankfully) and have been loving it for the last 3 days. Did require a firmware update after charging, which messed up my wifi settings, but easily fixed with reboots of tablet and router. High performance so far; dock is awesome for extending battery life.

If you're on the fence, get one! This was a little higher priced than I wanted to go for a travel tablet, but I'm glad I splurged.

spwalters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spwalters

Anyone use one of these for school? What do you think about it?

Corinner30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Corinner30

Looking for something for my 76 year old mother to use to skype me. Would this be a good choice? she is not very computer savvy would this be hard for her to learn to use?

bookmonkey786

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bookmonkey786
salockwood wrote:The one in November was a 16 gig, and it was the same price. 339 with taxes and shipping. I like mine. Difference is that the November deal was the 201 Prime. This is the TF 300. Difference is the Prime is a NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 Quad-core CPU and the 300 is NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 4-Plus-1™ Quad Core CPU. I quit watching but I think the prime was the better deal even at 16 gigs. JMHO.

No the November one was a 300. I bought one. At 32 gig this is a better deal. Saves you the extra cost of buying a micro SD card if you want a few movies.

This is a great lightweight laptop replacement but if you use a large heavy duty laptop often then this might not do it for you.

CitizenX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CitizenX

I own the TF300T with dock and love the tablet. Have not had any problems with it and the battery life is quite good. I use it for aviation type stuff and the GPS is very good. I recommend this for anyone who is looking for a traveling machine that does the web and e-mail well. Polaris office is not the greatest, but, it will let you read documents and minor editing.

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble

Does this have a textured back?

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

piebandit

rebeltreble wrote:Does this have a textured back?

Yes. Nice gripability, plus makes a funny sound when I scratch it.

planeguy96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages planeguy96
piebandit wrote:well, here's the link...not that it clears anything up:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Tablet+with+32GB+Memory+-+Blue/5359476.p?id=1218635271532&skuId=5359476#

Keyboard dock for $50
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Keyboard+Docking+Station+-+Black/6744098.p?id=1218789807388&skuId=6744098&st=%20TF300T-DOCK-BK&cp=1&lp=1

Makes the Refurb -vs- New a $70 difference....You make the call.

apiskur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apiskur
rebeltreble wrote:Does this have a textured back?

The entire case is plastic (sorry, no Kevlar or anything fancy). However, it does have these raised swirls that you can feel with your fingers. If you look at their website, you can see a how the pattern plays with light reflections to make it seem like a much more expensive (blingy) device.

rootatlocalhost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rootatlocalhost
Mojoski wrote:I have one of these (paid full price a while back) and absolutely love it. It has replaced my laptop. If I need to do something I can't in Android, I connect to a PC with VNC and do it. Overall a great device for anyone who travels.

Seriously? What did you do on your laptop: read e-books and play angry birds?

On android, the free VNC app is eating up half the non-alphabetic characters, I can't type any passwords. The ssh app can't use the hardware keyboard -- well, most of them can't, even with hacker's keyboard as the default. Skype's sound quality sucks, even in headphones, and so does having to zoom in on every link on every webpage -- even though with the touchpad you shoudn't have to. It runs netflix but it can only mirror displays so no 1280 on the hdmi out, it runs autosketch, but styli don't work that well on the capacitive touchscreen so you can't really sketch on it.

Meh.

(That's on my 101. I'm sure the quad-core does all of the above faster.)

kpatterson67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kpatterson67
planeguy96 wrote:Keyboard dock for $50
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Keyboard+Docking+Station+-+Black/6744098.p?id=1218789807388&skuId=6744098&st=%20TF300T-DOCK-BK&cp=1&lp=1

Makes the Refurb -vs- New a $70 difference....You make the call.

Hm good find, also you can pick a different color when you buy new...

jgiannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgiannon
kpatterson67 wrote:Hm good find, also you can pick a different color when you buy new...

Great tablet, I bought one new a few months ago. I dont have the keyboard though. I don't understand why someone wuold want a keyboard for a tablet, just get a laptop. Tablets are for absorbing information not inputting it.

gak0090

quality posts: 77 Private Messages gak0090
spwalters wrote:Anyone use one of these for school? What do you think about it?

I love these tablets. My wife has the TF101 which is a great tablet with the keyboard dock. The battery last forever- this one is way better than the one my wife has. Now the tradeoff vs a regular laptop will be the following:bigger screen, bigger keyboard, easier to do word,access,powerpoint..., easier to print in general a better workhorse. Ideally I could recommend the following-> buy this and buy a cheap $320 laptop (vs buying a $600 laptop). This way you get the best of both worlds- because each one really has distinct advantages of their own.

dzlotnik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dzlotnik
piebandit wrote:

the "What's included" lists the battery dock, but the images clearly state keyboard dock sold separately

There is no such thing as a "battery dock" for the TF300. The only dock in existence is a keyboard/trackpad/USB port dock that also contains a battery. This is true for the entire Transformer series -- TF101, TF201, TF300, and TF700.

(incidentally, the TF201 dock is compatible with the TF700 tablet; I can attest to that one personally)

ejlackey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejlackey

Bought the 10.1" TF300T 16GB refurb from Woot back in December. It has since crapped out and being returned back to Woot.

It was nice when it was working though.

Make sure you register the product right away on the ASUS website. This refurb did not have the serial number decal on the unit. It's only accessible in the about screen of the OS. So when/if it craps out, there is no way to retrieve it. And ASUS will not repair without a S/N.

Not that I would know anything about that.

WOOT RULES!

treestryder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treestryder

Shipped in 30 minutes or less, or it is free?