WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Art of the Kitchen

Cooking was once a flavorless act. Go out, pick some fruit and grains, return home, and eat. Then came Cuisinart, changing how we look at our pantry. Finally, we can explore our true talents as we make our majestic smorgasborderly masterpieces.
Cuisinart official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Thunderthighs wrote:Toast it. Chop it. Cook it. Serve it. DINNER IS READY! Which one do you want?
I'm just hanging out, really.

misstenacity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misstenacity

[post massively edited/retracted]

Ok, nevermind.... I thought I bought this same Cuisinart toaster oven. But I didn't. Sorry. That being said, having convection is pretty nice and helps with cooking speed (which is already a nice side aspect of having a toaster oven in the first place). So this looks like a pretty sweet deal.

ouroboros13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ouroboros13

I have the 14-cup food processor, and I love it (it was 1 of those things I originally thought "who the heck needs this???") Right until I started using the thing.
I use it to puree (things like pumpkin, lentils, etc), to make thinly sliced fruit, to grate cheese or veggies. Very versatile, powerful, and cuts down on prep time immensely. It also has enough safety features that I almost never worry about losing a digit or two whenever I use it.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Why does woot always show a woman in kitchen pictures?

that was fun while it lasted!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

bpr2 wrote:Why does woot always show a woman in kitchen pictures?

those pictures are provided to us.
it is true that quite often, our photographers take pictures of products, but humans aren't featured in those images. legos occasionally, but not humans.

to pursue answers about this, you might contact the brands/manufacturers directly & share your concerns about their use of women in photo shoots.

or, if it's geographically feasible, you could save yourself the time and just go directly to a swamp and wade in it.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Cantras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cantras

I'm 26. My mother has had that pan set (+/-, a few different ones and with metal lids, but same brand/same materials) for as long as I can remember. It has stood up admirably to two kids + husband-who-should-be-banned-from-kitchen putting them in the dishwasher, soaking them for days because we are too lazy to clean them right away, using metal implements, and otherwise abusing them. And being shipped across country by incompetent movers several times.

I'm pestering my husband that we should get this. Otherwise I'll have to fight my brother for them when mom dies.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

Was looking for a toaster oven... any chance of "sold out" being removed?

Agatha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Agatha

I have a cuisinart food processor and it works very well. I've had it for years and it has held up to abuse. My only complaint is that the interior hole that slides over the center (where the blade is) is rather short, so that while the processor has a large capacity, liquids will still overflow the center hole.

crunchybrownstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crunchybrownstar

I picked up the 14 piece pot and pan set the last time it was offered. All I'll say is IT ROCKS!! If you need pans, get them. You won't be disappointed.

thienkim

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thienkim

Anyone tried the coffeemaker?

bobdo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo
PemberDucky wrote:
or, if it's geographically feasible, you could save yourself the time and just go directly to a swamp and wade in it.

hilarious!

monstr23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monstr23

Just got the 14 piece last time around. Very attractive. Love the 4 qt. "everything" pot, not seeing that in other sets. The lid from the stock pot fits on the 10 in. skillet and the lid from the 3 qt. fits on the 8 in. skillet! Perfectly! Find that in another set. I recently priced Calphalon and others at Kohl's, over $300 for similar set.

jamina1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jamina1

Does the red one talk to you and ask you if you want various baked goods?

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

Bione

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Bione
bpr2 wrote:Why does woot always show a woman in kitchen pictures?

Top 10 possible answers to this important question:
1) Because women are tastier than men
2) Because her smile would persuade me to buy anything, even the cutting board which is not even for sale (at least for this Woot)
3) Because she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (btw, if she happens to be single and in completely the wrong place, like NYC for instance, can I have her number?)
4) Because she's the girlfriend of the photographer (notice I haven't made any gender assumptions about the photographer)
5) Because she is the photographer and is using one of those self-timer things
6) Because it's actually ThunderThighs, who has thus unwittingly revealed the complete inappropriateness of her username!
7) Because all the men were too scared
8) Because the people who provide the photos are all sexist misogynist b*stards who don't even deserve a seat at the table
9) Because the guys are all out picking more citrus fruits for her destructive citrus killing spree.
10) Because the rest of the crew is under the table ... and that's why she's smiling so much at the cutting board

Bione

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Bione
jamina1 wrote:Does the red one talk to you and ask you if you want various baked goods?

Pretty brilliant, if semi-obscure Hitchhiker's Guide reference, for those who were wondering.

I guess the powerful food processors are for generating crumbs of angel food cake.

XDarkDestinyX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages XDarkDestinyX
thienkim wrote:Anyone tried the coffeemaker?

My boyfriend's family uses this coffee maker and it's pretty good. Although I think it holds less than 12 cups or their cups must be tiny.

A tall travel mug doesn't fit unless you're angling it in.

There is a light that comes on while you're getting the coffee so you can see how much is going into your cup. Useful to those who have darker cups so you see where the coffee is filling up to.

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee
Bione wrote:Top 10 possible answers to this important question:
2) Because her smile would persuade me to buy anything, even the cutting board which is not even for sale (at least for this Woot)
3) Because she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (btw, if she happens to be single and in completely the wrong place, like NYC for instance, can I have her number?)
4) Because she's the girlfriend of the photographer (notice I haven't made any gender assumptions about the photographer)
5) Because she is the photographer and is using one of those self-timer things
6) Because it's actually ThunderThighs, who has thus unwittingly revealed the complete inappropriateness of her username!
7) Because all the men were too scared
8) Because the people who provide the photos are all sexist misogynist b*stards who don't even deserve a seat at the table
9) Because the guys are all out picking more citrus fruits for her destructive citrus killing spree.
10) Because the rest of the crew is under the table ... and that's why she's smiling so much at the cutting board

LOL amazing possibilities.
Gee, I didn't even notice her , but you made me go back and take a look .

ETA: But why does she have a red pepper with all that fruit. That seems rather evil don't you think ?

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby

I own the 2-slice toaster (not the toaster oven, darn it wish it weren't sold out!)...anyway back to the toaster. I couldn't be happier with this toaster. It includes a bagel setting that really does a better job of toasting split bagels than a regular toaster. I also appreciate the "cancel" button that pops up the item ahead of the finish time if needed. It has a reasonable footprint and stores easily in my cabinet. Also, the crumb tray is sturdy, catches the crumbs better than most toasters' do and cleans like a dream.

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose
XDarkDestinyX wrote:...I think it holds less than 12 cups or their cups must be tiny.

Coffee cup sizes with all (I think) coffee makers are around 6 oz. Leftover from ancient times when we all drank coffee in those dainty cup-and-saucer serving sets. So, since we now all drink out of 10-12 oz mugs, two cups per the coffee maker equals one serving.

sasha78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasha78

Sams Club : http://www.samsclub.com/sams/cuisinart-14-piece-classic-non-stick-hard-anodized-cookware-set/prod2610261.ip#desc Looks like the same set for $149

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

I just wanted to jump in and clear up the "woman in the photo" part. That's actually one of our photographers posing for the shoot!

We appreciate your feedback and will consider a more varied approach in the future, I think, but we really just wanted to personalize the Plus sales a little bit. =)

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

[quote postid="5322315" user="Bione"]Top 10 possible answers to this important question:

And what temperature would you recommend to make them tastier?

I always did like yardsales.