0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
AOC 22" 1080p LED Monitor
$89.99 + $5 Standard OR $16 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jko1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jko1

Oh look!!!! Another LED?????

Polishemt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polishemt

No HDMI *sadface*

rables

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rables

OK, so I just want to know what officially happened to the bags of crap being on Woot offs? I haven't seen one in the past 4 or 5 Woot offs.

What gives? They took away all the fun.

gunky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunky
Polishemt wrote:No HDMI *sadface*

A DVI to HDMI cable isn't terribly expensive to procure and can still provide decent image quality.

six2one

quality posts: 0 Private Messages six2one
rables wrote:OK, so I just want to know what officially happened to the bags of crap being on Woot offs? I haven't seen one in the past 4 or 5 Woot offs.

agreed! i have yet to be able to obtain one of those in the last 4 years i have been wooting.

:C

hards7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hards7
rables wrote:OK, so I just want to know what officially happened to the bags of crap being on Woot offs? I haven't seen one in the past 4 or 5 Woot offs.

"Under New Management" is usually a good sign... but in this case...

mdewitte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdewitte

http://www.amazon.com/21-5-Wide-LCD-Glossy-Black/dp/B004G603S8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Amazon Link

cwellons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwellons

I emailed them about the same question and they said that they have switched bags of crap to only special occasions. Oh and also we can only find out about these through twitter or facebook. So pretty much woot ruined the Bring Out Cadence.

kratz9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kratz9

I bought one from woot a week or so ago. Worked out of box and still does. Only complaint would be that the thing is super flimsy. The panel is thin, and there is not much support where the base meets it. It felt like I would break the screen if I tried to adjust the tilt.

Oddly, the wall mount, as well as the power and DVI connectors, and the controls, are in the base, not on the monitor panel part.

legendaryneo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legendaryneo

I was just looking at this monitor yesterday at Best Buy. Comes to $70 there after the $50 off coupon from deals.woot

rables

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rables
hards7 wrote:"Under New Management" is usually a good sign... but in this case...

I know Amazon took them over a couple of years ago, but they still had the Bunch of Changelings#39;s for a while after that.

That is what kept people watching, and even buying things during the Woot off so we could get to the Bunch of Changelings#39;s!!

Come on management! Are you not intelligent enough to figure that out?

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61
cwellons wrote:I emailed them about the same question and they said that they have switched bags of crap to only special occasions. Oh and also we can only find out about these through twitter or facebook. So pretty much woot ruined the Bring Out Cadence.

Well that really sucks,seeing I dont go on Twitter,and my Facebook account got hacked some time back,so I deleted my account.

corvettejoe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages corvettejoe

Great price... $143 new on both amazon and newegg. B0th have 4.5/5 star average.

Bought one for my grandma (shes rocking a hard to see 19" LCD still)

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
cwellons wrote:I emailed them about the same question and they said that they have switched bags of crap to only special occasions. Oh and also we can only find out about these through twitter or facebook. So pretty much woot ruined the Bring Out Cadence.

How do you ruin crap, if it was crap to start with?

One of my Bunch of Changelings had a broken hard drive in it, for crissake. That's what a Bunch of Changelings was, a chance to give away crap that couldn't even be sold at WOOT prices. Returned stuff, broken stuff, unsellable stuff.

All the BS you read on the internet about people getting brand new HDTVs in their bag or whatever, the mythic claims that a Bunch of Changelings somehow had a random Powerball-style chance of getting something awesome, might have actually happened. Once. In 2004 or something. It's like buying a lottery ticket. Keep the price cheap and people will buy one once in a while, thinking they might get lucky.

But it appears that woot has now found other ways of giving away the supply of crap without having to run a Bunch of Changelings during each woot-off. It's probably cheaper to throw all the crap into the back of Jim's pick-up truck and haul it to the dump than to box it up three pieces at a time and ship it off.

Reducing the frequency of the Bunch of Changelings won't make the crap contained in the bag any more special. It will still be crap. You'll just have fewer chances to get your crap.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

jensownzoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jensownzoo
legendaryneo wrote:I was just looking at this monitor yesterday at Best Buy. Comes to $70 there after the $50 off coupon from deals.woot

Yeah, BB backpedaled like h#ll on that deal. It was only good yesterday, had a bunch more exclusions, and generally wasted my time.

cwellons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwellons
pukeboy wrote:How do you ruin crap, if it was crap to start with?

One of my Bunch of Changelings had a broken hard drive in it, for crissake. That's what a Bunch of Changelings was, a chance to give away crap that couldn't even be sold at WOOT prices. Returned stuff, broken stuff, unsellable stuff.

All the BS you read on the internet about people getting brand new HDTVs in their bag or whatever, the mythic claims that a Bunch of Changelings somehow had a random Powerball-style chance of getting something awesome, might have actually happened. Once. In 2004 or something. It's like buying a lottery ticket. Keep the price cheap and people will buy one once in a while, thinking they might get lucky.

But it appears that woot has now found other ways of giving away the supply of crap without having to run a Bunch of Changelings during each woot-off. It's probably cheaper to throw all the crap into the back of Jim's pick-up truck and haul it to the dump than to box it up three pieces at a time and ship it off.

Reducing the frequency of the Bunch of Changelings won't make the crap contained in the bag any more special. It will still be crap. You'll just have fewer chances to get your crap.

The point of the Bring Out Cadence was to addict people to the idea of the awesome items you could get. That's what was exciting, the "what if" was the greatest part about it and I bet created a lot more eager customers to follow woot. I would have LAN parties during woot offs so we could play games and track woot for the Bring Out Cadence. Now that we don't have it anymore, what's the point to woot as actively as I used to?

Also, I know all of it wasn't crap because my friend received a refurbished speaker set that he has been using for the past 2 years. The cost probably was around 20 dollars, but that sounds pretty good to me.

troller11

quality posts: 7 Private Messages troller11

Don't even THINK of finding a bisquit 0F cRank here today. Amazon just ain't in the mood to keep Woot the way it was.

troller11

quality posts: 7 Private Messages troller11
hards7 wrote:"Under New Management" is usually a good sign... but in this case...

Being under new management is rarely a good thing when the larger company swallows up their successful smaller competition. They usually revert to their known style of management and marketing, thereby ruining the beautiful and profitable thing they bought.Woot was a great place to look for the eclectic and technically WOW kind of gear. Now it's just SSDD.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
troller11 wrote:Being under new management is rarely a good thing when the larger company swallows up their successful smaller competition. They usually revert to their known style of management and marketing, thereby ruining the beautiful and profitable thing they bought.Woot was a great place to look for the eclectic and technically WOW kind of gear. Now it's just SSDD.

While this feedback is useful in it's way, if we could get back on to the monitor and discuss the merits of that, I am sure a lot of folks would be appreciative.

Thanks from your resident killjoy moderator.

I'm just hanging out, really.

zen21tao

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zen21tao

What happened is Amazon. No matter how much some people, especially those at Woot, want to deny it, Woot hasn't been the same since they were acquired by Amazon.

Sometimes I feel like they went from a groundbreaking grassroots start-up company with a unique culture and feel to simply being an Amazon clearinghouse.

zen21tao

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zen21tao
inkycatz wrote:While this feedback is useful in it's way, if we could get back on to the monitor and discuss the merits of that, I am sure a lot of folks would be appreciative.

Thanks from your resident killjoy moderator.

I am sorry Mr Moderator. Before Woot's acquisition by Amazon a lot of us here were VERY loyal Woot fans. I remember spending countless nights up following Woot-Offs just to see what next items would come, hoping for the infamous Bunch of Changelings and spending a lot of hard earned money along the way.

That was time when people gathered in these very forums sections and posted about how great Woot was and how much we enjoyed being a part of it. But we also spent quite a bit of time criticizing Woot.

But one of the things that we loved best about Woot was it's 'in your face, unapologetic, come criticize us' attitude. This is one of the things that made Woot different from all the other retailers.

I am sorry that you now feel like criticism of Woot's operating policy is 'off topic' and/or harmful to the company's operations. But upon Amazon's acquisition of Woot, we were promised very little change to its corporate culture. Either you have lost track of the culture that made Woot what it was or that was a blatant lie.

I am sorry if this comment sounds harsh. It isn't meant to be. I, like many others, was a loyal Woot customer that helped established the culture that made it successful before Amazon and now feel saddened to see what it has become.