0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Asus 23.6" i3 4GB 1TB All-In-One PC
$548.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

Is the picture on the front page of the super duper extra widescreen version? The mouse and keyboard look awfully wide too....

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
sunnyx0r wrote:Is the picture on the front page of the super duper extra widescreen version? The mouse and keyboard look awfully wide too....

Sure looks that way to me!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

jd3538

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jd3538

Asus - Cinerama version.

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn

Now THAT'S a widescreen!

mdickinson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mdickinson

Are these any good? I'm looking for a replacement for my Sony all-in-one PC+TV, which is a VGC-LT15E that can only run Windows Vista (no drivers available for Win7) and nowadays seems awfully slow.

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
miken927 wrote:Sure looks that way to me!

Someone really really screwwed up the graphics...they tried to change the image size and didn't keep the constraint on it...so it turned out wide and smooshed!

mahaneym5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mahaneym5
embhorn wrote:Now THAT'S a widescreen!

Its a new Asus innovation. A desirable feature.

discountworks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages discountworks

NO WI-FI MODEL!!

caliwooter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caliwooter
mdickinson wrote:Are these any good? I'm looking for a replacement for my Sony all-in-one PC+TV, which is a VGC-LT15E that can only run Windows Vista (no drivers available for Win7) and nowadays seems awfully slow.

I have used the i5 version and was very happy. As long as your not planning to do more than browsing and word processing this would be a great, simple computer with a very nice small footprint.

cltmhorn

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cltmhorn

Wondering what OS is included on this. Picture looks like Windows 7 but I don't see anything in the specs describing the OS.

Update: Nevermind. I found it: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Nenaptio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nenaptio

Widest screen I've seen yet.

zen21tao

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zen21tao
mdickinson wrote:Are these any good? I'm looking for a replacement for my Sony all-in-one PC+TV, which is a VGC-LT15E that can only run Windows Vista (no drivers available for Win7) and nowadays seems awfully slow.

Asus is a great brand. I always used them for motherboards when I do my own builds.

But maybe I am a bit of a PC snob, but I would at least hold out for a Core i5 or i7 and at least 8 GB of Ram. An i3 and 4GB is just lite for me.

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

Aww, looks like they fixed the product photo.

corvettejoe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages corvettejoe

Core2Duo, max the ram out to 4GB (as per it' specs) and you can almost always install Vista drivers on Win7 with good results.
It's still got plenty of medium use life left in it.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
discountworks wrote:NO WI-FI MODEL!!

That does kind of suck... But, you can get a wifi dongle for 10 bucks, but then you have to fill one of the 5 usb ports.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

mikepers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikepers

I was trying to find out a little more about the type of touch screen and found this video review from Newegg. Similar unit but note that the Woot model doesn't have wifi but does have a larger hard drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_atl0KxScU8

Not much detail about the screen but they do show how the touch screen works starting around 3:30.

Looks like this might be a nice system to throw Windows 8 on.

Also found a link on the Asus site:

http://www.asus.com/AllinOne_PCs/ET2410IUTS/#overview

mdickinson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mdickinson
corvettejoe wrote:Core2Duo, max the ram out to 4GB (as per it' specs) and you can almost always install Vista drivers on Win7 with good results.
It's still got plenty of medium use life left in it.

I increased the RAM to 4gb years ago. Installed win7 too, only to find (after exhaustive searches) that win7 drivers for the TV function, the built-in webcam, and several other bits of this computer just don't exist. Luckily, there was a restore partition and I was able to go back to factory-fresh Vista. And voila, everything works again.

Back to the topic at hand, though - the benefit of upgrading to this Asus. Aside from gaining a touch screen, Win7, and USB 3.0, wouldn't this be significantly faster?

bhelm22

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bhelm22

received mine today...doesn't boot past post screen. not a good sign but I will try a little troubleshooting before RMAing

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bhelm22 wrote:received mine today...doesn't boot past post screen. not a good sign but I will try a little troubleshooting before RMAing

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your order. We recommend that you contact Asus Support as your purchase should still be covered under the warranty.

If they're unable to assist you, please feel free to contact Woot Member Service at support@woot.com and they'll be more than happy to help you find a resolve.

bhelm22

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bhelm22
ROGETRAY wrote:We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your order. We recommend that you contact Asus Support as your purchase should still be covered under the warranty.

If they're unable to assist you, please feel free to contact Woot Member Service at support@woot.com and they'll be more than happy to help you find a resolve.

I was able to get an RMA from ASUS.

I have no idea what their "refurbishing" entails but apparently it does not include turning the computer on.

It ended up being that the hard drive was completely bare when I got it. I loaded up Windows 7 HP and was promptly greeted with numerous blue screens. Performed the msched and MemTest86 checks and have at least one bad stick of RAM. There was also a homemade CD in the CD tray from the previous owner.