0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
uNu Enerpak Tube Flash 5000mAh Battery
$33.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

pamtha

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pamtha

Bummed that I bought the 1,000 mAh pack earlier. Curse you, Woot! This would have been a much better choice.

ricej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricej

How do you recharge this thing?

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft
ricej wrote:How do you recharge this thing?

You'll need 2 of these so you can recharge the first one when it goes flat. Oh... maybe better get 3 in case the second one goes too.

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69
ricej wrote:How do you recharge this thing?

WIth a plug!

You use a USB to charge it back up. A review on Amazon states it charges using a usb cord. It has just one review, but other uNu products get excellent reviews too. Looks like a good deal. I am in for one, to throw in my case when I am traveling.

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

I'm not seeing where it's specified, but since it ships to all 50, I'm going to guess it's NOT a lithium battery. NiMH? NiCAD? Tiny hamsters on a wheel?

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

cobra17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobra17

It specifically mentions Ipads, then says any USB item. Cant tell from the pic what type of USB plug, is it a mini? anyone know? or is this just for Ipads?

ricej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricej

Seems like it would take a long time to recharge to 5000mah from a usb port. Most are pretty current limited.

ronzo911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronzo911

$29 with free shipping on several sites..Whoopeee

Ronzo911

dehr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dehr

i have a duracell one like this. however i think it is only like 1200mah or 1500mah but the output is very slow on it so it doesn't charge my phone, it just slows down how fast the battery drains. that being said, the output A rating on this is twice the duracell, and higher than my wall charger A output so i am debating snagging one. they are great to have in a backpack or car or anywhere else just in case. i carry my duracell one around school all day cause sometimes i get stuck there and it is a life saver

bpd1069

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bpd1069

Ingress

cobra17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobra17
ronzo911 wrote:$29 with free shipping on several sites..Whoopeee

What sites please?

linxdev

quality posts: 1 Private Messages linxdev

Has anyone tested these for true capacity?

I've bought a couple 5000mAh batteries from others and they seem to come up to around 3800. I'm guessing they take the capacity of the Li-Ion batteries at 3.7v and use that as the final tally without considering the loss when boosting to 5v.

BTW, the way I do my test is that the rating (5000) and divide by 20 (20 hour rate). I then pull that amount from the battery until death. I have a device that runs numbers that tells me the true mAh consumed during that period.

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67
linxdev wrote:Has anyone tested these for true capacity?

I've bought a couple 5000mAh batteries from others and they seem to come up to around 3800. I'm guessing they take the capacity of the Li-Ion batteries at 3.7v and use that as the final tally without considering the loss when boosting to 5v.

BTW, the way I do my test is that the rating (5000) and divide by 20 (20 hour rate). I then pull that amount from the battery until death. I have a device that runs numbers that tells me the true mAh consumed during that period.

I like turtles

inferno12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inferno12
cobra17 wrote:It specifically mentions Ipads, then says any USB item. Cant tell from the pic what type of USB plug, is it a mini? anyone know? or is this just for Ipads?

The way these normally work is that it comes with the USB cord to charge the battery pack and you have to provide the USB cord to charge your device! I dont have this exact one but I do have a few of the battery packs like this and they are life savers!!!

2thman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2thman
cobra17 wrote:What sites please?

ebay through buydig - I got one, few left...

inferno12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inferno12
linxdev wrote:Has anyone tested these for true capacity?

Ummmm.........

alderson21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages alderson21

I've used this to keep my phone and my wife's going for hours while we're in poor coverage areas and they are just blasting away trying to keep a signal. It's fairly light, so I can plug my Android phone into it and just keep them both in my pants pocket on my cargo pants and not even worry about it. I keep it plugged into the USB port in the center console of my car so it's always fully charged and ready to roll. Love this thing, wish I'd bought another for my wife!