0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung 3D Blu-ray Player with Apps
$59.99 + $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

deutschface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deutschface

blah...

mikebaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikebaz

I was tempted but then I read the reviews on the Big River site. Let's just say that they are not complimentary.

karmantandon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karmantandon

this is going well.

mannpt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mannpt

This thiing got skewered the other day when it was listed. Amazon users are none too pleased with it.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

how many of these things do they have? they're up about every hour

I always did like yardsales.

moron2u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moron2u

From the reviews, I figure $29.99 sounds right

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

I'm just waiting for the King Of Shaves.

mattm5669

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattm5669

I have one that I got for Christmas. The blu ray portion works great. Love the picture and the sound. I haven't gotten into the apps much but they seem cool. Pretty slow to load though.

laurenfarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurenfarr

I have this player (not refurbished) and DO NOT recommend it, I am actually returning it this weekend. The picture is very nice but everything else about the player is crap. The wi-fi is sooooo slow (even though wi-fi on all of my other devices is very fast), I tried playing a video in one of the apps the other day, it would stop to every 5 seconds to load. Navigating around the player in general is super slow too, it takes forever to load anything. The browser is horrible, which is the reason I upgraded to this one (I don't actually have a 3D TV). It has a decent amount of apps, but no amazon instant video and you can only get Hulu Plus and not the free Hulu.

santillanavila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santillanavila

What do you guys think. Will it work fine to play blu-rays simply. I don't care about the rest. Or is there a better blu-ray player deal elsewhere.

k8peterson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k8peterson

yeah... i wouldn't bother. got one for the smart TV options and it is sloooooow. not worth it.

gak0090

laurenfarr wrote:I have this player (not refurbished) and DO NOT recommend it, I am actually returning it this weekend. The picture is very nice but everything else about the player is crap. The wi-fi is sooooo slow (even though wi-fi on all of my other devices is very fast), I tried playing a video in one of the apps the other day, it would stop to every 5 seconds to load. Navigating around the player in general is super slow too, it takes forever to load anything. The browser is horrible, which is the reason I upgraded to this one (I don't actually have a 3D TV). It has a decent amount of apps, but no amazon instant video and you can only get Hulu Plus and not the free Hulu.

I don't trust the wifi in any of those devices especially when streaming video. I just set-up a wifi repeater and plug things in with a Lan cable and never get issues with hesitation or constant buffering. This is the device I use:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180064

It's $15 with free shipping right now. Make sure you read the reviews- good tips on how to set-up the repeater mode on this device.

Ultravibe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ultravibe

I have it (not refurbished - new) and DVDs sometimes just won't play. Weirdly enough, any DVD I make on the computer works fine, but commercial DVDs are a complete crapshoot as to whether they'll play or not.

Polishemt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polishemt

I picked up one of these last woot off, I was very pleased with the blueray and the netflix quality. Wifi ran smoothly and played media right off my shared desktop. Also it ran my blueray "back-ups" off of my usb hard drive.

zeetes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeetes
Ultravibe wrote:I have it (not refurbished - new) and DVDs sometimes just won't play. Weirdly enough, any DVD I make on the computer works fine, but commercial DVDs are a complete crapshoot as to whether they'll play or not.

i have the same issue with my lg

elmoalso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmoalso

I have two of these. Work great. Great features and very good looking.

mazzmn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazzmn

Be aware, samsung bluray players do not support an app to watch Amazon prime...I have one and have been trying to find a solution...netflix is supported, pandora, youtube, many others, but not amazon...yet their smart tvs do support it, weird ???

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

Has anyone tried out the 3D?

khirtus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khirtus

I bought this during the last Woot-Off. From what I read before buying, the refurbished ones actually work better than new ones (obviously when this thing was released to stores, it wasn't ready). I have had 0 problems with mine that I bought and I use it regularly to stream netflix/pandora or play Blu-Rays. Was a good buy for me!

jaws8817

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaws8817
gak0090 wrote:I'm just waiting for the King Of Shaves.

Those things are terrible. Wouldn't be so bad if they rinse out but they stay clogged. I'll stick with my Fusion and know that I get what I pay for!

cougar3429

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cougar3429

I don't have this exact Samsung blu ray player, but I do have a Samsung wifi, 3D blu ray home theater system. I had to send it for repair within 8 months, and it still gives me fits. The remote doesn't work half the time even with new batteries. It seems the issues for me are in the firmware. The wifi speed is something I haven't had to deal with much. I don't recommend Samsung electronics anymore.

gak0090

jaws8817 wrote:Those things are terrible. Wouldn't be so bad if they rinse out but they stay clogged. I'll stick with my Fusion and know that I get what I pay for!

I know- my way of poking fun at woot

dannnnnn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannnnnn

I read a ton of nasty reviews on Amazon about this, but this one made me feel a little better:

This new Samsung Firmware may help with a variety of complaints with this player:
Upgrade File (Firmware) (ver.1057.1) Release Date: Jan 3, 2013 Size (MB) 226.55 [...]
- Improved disc playability & smart hub/AppsVer.1053.2.0 SEP. 28. 2012
- Improved disc playability & smart hub/AppsVer.1013.0 Jul. 17. 2012
- Improved disc playabilityVer.1012.2 Jun. 21. 2012
- Improved disc playabilityVer.1011.3 May. 22. 2012
- Improved disc playability

I made a rare impulse decision and bought this before looking at reviews, but I'm hopeful that it will work out. It comes with a 90-day warranty from Samsung, so I'll try to take advantage quickly, if needed.

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody

My 5 year old Sony DVD player died this weekend. Ordered one here with the hope it has been updated. If not, it can't be harder to update than a Neato robot.
Hope everyone updates their results here!

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody

Arrived last Saturday, USPS, got to it 1/29. Wireless lan, it did one update. Sorry, didn't get the version. Plays DVD quickly, takes a while to download the Hub software and other apps. A quick look at a few YouTube videos, all OK, good quality. I'm happy with the player.

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------