0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
VIZIO 8" Android Tablet with Folio Case
$99.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

stryper2000

quality posts: 27 Private Messages stryper2000

I bought this the last time, with the exception of when i was trying to get it set up (it hung up for a bit) it has been working pretty good for browsing and for running Pandora . Also it can handle Hill Climb Racing (my latest gaming obsession ) pretty well

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x38

gsmit114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsmit114

does Bunch of Changelings still exist? perfect time for one D:

also, hillclimb racing is the shiznit!

Josh909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Josh909

Can this be updated to Android 3.0+ ?

timg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timg

It will update over the air to Android 3.2.

kozoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kozoto
Josh909 wrote:Can this be updated to Android 3.0+ ?

Yes

nemo2005

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nemo2005

I bought one last year. Not bad, especially for this price. Good for basics, but a bit laggy if too many apps are running. Be careful of the microSD charging port and headphone jack. Both of those broke on mine and are not as robust as you would expect.

subman84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subman84

Bought this last year, upgraded to Honeycomb (auto update from Vizio). Worked reasonably well but was way too SLOW!
I sold it on e-bay and now have Samsung Galaxy TAB2 7" which I got on WOOT! for about $165.00. The Samsung is a world better in speed and usefulness and supports the latest Android Operating System
I would not recommend this tablet given the great options now available in the $100-200 range.

The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.

cwellons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwellons
gsmit114 wrote:does Bunch of Changelings still exist? perfect time for one D:

also, hillclimb racing is the shiznit!

Unfortunately I think it has been removed

bridger80

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bridger80

bought one for myself around Christmas. Very happy with it. Netflix works great. It is backlit so I have the Kindle app and can read at night, my old (original) kindle didn't. Great tab for this price, which is less than I paid.

csisco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csisco

Bought one for my 11 y/o son at christmas, he hadn't broke it yet.

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

CRAP! I paid close to $150 for mine. It works well for what I use it for - mostly e-books. The backlight is nice for nighttime reading and the battery seems to hold up pretty well. For $99 you can't beat it.

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

terranniet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terranniet
csisco wrote:Bought one for my 11 y/o son at christmas, he hadn't broke it yet.

Do you know if you can play minecraft pocket edition on this??

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

I just picked up a spare. Also, I expect one or another of the grandkids will be begging for a tablet before long.

The case that comes with this is worth probably $40 (or more) just by itself, by the way.

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

mabney2008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mabney2008

At the risk of sounding out of touch, will this tablet work for taking meeting notes that I can download to my PC when I get back to the office. The games, music, books are nice if they are in addition to helping get work done.

jaideh

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jaideh
terranniet wrote:Do you know if you can play minecraft pocket edition on this??

Yes, my son plays it all the time.

subman84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subman84

Additionally the charging cable has longer than a standard micro USB connection making it almost impossible to charge with a standard micro USB cable. Very annoying.

subman84 wrote:Bought this last year, upgraded to Honeycomb (auto update from Vizio). Worked reasonably well but was way too SLOW!
I sold it on e-bay and now have Samsung Galaxy TAB2 7" which I got on WOOT! for about $165.00. The Samsung is a world better in speed and usefulness and supports the latest Android Operating System
I would not recommend this tablet given the great options now available in the $100-200 range.

The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.

shinkster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shinkster

I bought one for my wife just over a year ago. It's definitely not flashy, but it has done the job for the basics (email, a little browsing, reading publications). If you load a bunch of stuff, it'll slow down on you. Nice for the price...just don't over-expect

terranniet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terranniet
jaideh wrote:Yes, my son plays it all the time.

awesome thank you

krringle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krringle

Bought my wife one of these from woot last year and she loves it. The USB port went bad as someone else mentioned so per Woot she contacted the manufacturer and they send another refurb. Then that usb charging port went bad too so they sent her another new one and it has been fine.
YEAH WOOT .. wife happy.. I'm happy.
btw .. if you need to send it back hang onto the portfolio case as that doesn't get returned for exchange. My wife thought she needed to send everything back but for repair or replacement they take only the hardware. If you send the portfolio they lose the portfolio case. They worked it out with my wife.

mudi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mudi

Bought one from a different site - same "1008B" model number though.

*1008B is just a refurbished 1008.
*It does have GPS, despite the specs leaving this feature off
*The 4:3 screen is a nice thing imo.
*Mine came with Honeycomb preinstalled, and Vizio update 2.0 installed. Latest version is 2.1, but they cannot be rooted if they have been updated past 1.5 or so.
*No alternate firmwares out for these things as far as I can tell, and they wouldn't be useful to you unless you got one with an ooold firmware version anyway.

Overall a nice very inexpensive tablet with GPS. A little slow by today's standards, and not rootable.

walmartman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages walmartman
mabney2008 wrote:At the risk of sounding out of touch, will this tablet work for taking meeting notes that I can download to my PC when I get back to the office. The games, music, books are nice if they are in addition to helping get work done.

how are you taking notes? you can use an app like Evernote and have it automatically sync your notes to all your PCs even before you get back to the office.

lithoid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lithoid

Recently bought one here on Woot, as my first tablet. Wasn't at all let down by it. The universal remote function itself is worth the price. Also, the GPS works without Wi-Fi or being connected.

dammitineedausername

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dammitineedausername

I bought mine on woot over a year ago. While I really like the 8" size, the rest of it has been less than great. After a few months, my charging port broke and took some fiddling to get a charge. At 10 months, it was almost impossible and then stopped turning on at all. I contacted Vizio support and they were awesome and got me a replacement without much hassle. After another month, the replacement will not turn on now either. Vizio is nowhere near as helpful the second time and will probably not cover this one. Don't know if I want it if they do.

As others said, its pretty slow, but works well enough for the price. My wife's Galaxy Tab blows it away. Seems like the locking issue has not been resolved and is pretty widespread. Not recommended.

Npfly11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Npfly11

Can Words With Friends be played on it? Or Facebook?

nodoze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nodoze

Has there been ANYTHING in this wootoff to get excited about?

dashblastr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dashblastr

This is great little tablet. I bought one for my wife for Christmas 2011. About a month later, the micro USB port broke loose and it was difficult to charge (had to lean the cable up against a wall to make contact). My wife didn't want to part with it until I bought her another tablet (Asus Transformer from Woot!). She sent it in and Vizio exchanged it quickly just short of our one-year warranty. The replacement came in and now I have it. the micro USB port is fine on this one. It plays Netflix great, Pandora, and many other Android 3 apps.

I suggest downloading LauncherPro from the Play store (I think it is $2-$3) so you can make it look like real Android instead of Vizio's VIA version.

Also, the replacement came with only a 90-day warranty.

For under $100, this is a great tablet. Don't expect it to be an iPad killer as it is slow, but still capable as a basic tab to see if you really want to drop more money on a better one.

- DashBlastR -

kroels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kroels

Per the note-taking question above, I had this tablet for some time. You can run Evernote on it and take meeting notes - syncs to you PC or phone or web, whatever you set up - automagically. works fairly well for that purpose.

klutzyruth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klutzyruth

Well poop. I tired to buy one and on the final screen, was flipped back to see a sold out sign. I was gonna buy me a birthday gift. Whaaaaa!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

NOTICE OF MULTIPLE PACKAGE SHIPMENT

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that the case will arrive in a separate package from the tablet. Fret not. Give it a couple days to show up.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

barger10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barger10

Thank you for that notification. Unfortunately I already email customer service.
I don't see a tracking number for the case however.

ThunderThighs wrote:NOTICE OF MULTIPLE PACKAGE SHIPMENT

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that the case will arrive in a separate package from the tablet. Fret not. Give it a couple days to show up.

planettom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages planettom

thanks for the update, just checked tracking today and mine has been delivered. Can't wait to check it out when I get home! I would have been looking for the case.

ThunderThighs wrote:NOTICE OF MULTIPLE PACKAGE SHIPMENT