0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi
$44.99 + $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $13 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

Dont know how long this post will stay up,but the last few Wootoff's their has been alot less posts on the board for each product,and some of,what I will call old timers here on Woot,I have not seen.Just my 2 cents.

Zappness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zappness

Can MPEG, MKV, WMV files with video and audio be played via the USB2.0 port on the front?

i.e. Can I hook up a portable hard drive and play videos from that?

themave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themave

That's because they no longer have the Bunch of Changelings Not as fun as it used to be

Bag of Cuuuuuute! doesn't really exist, it is a myth to get people to hang around for woot off's anyone who says they got one lies

usagisailor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages usagisailor

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Factory-Refurbished-BD-EM57C-Player/dp/B007X4KAF6

Got it for 30 bucks cheaper than Amazon... but the reviews for it are HORRIBLE.

cobraman61

themave wrote:That's because they no longer have the Bunch of Changelings Not as fun as it used to be

That's a good point,I did'nt think of that.

jyg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jyg
usagisailor wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Factory-Refurbished-BD-EM57C-Player/dp/B007X4KAF6

Gack! Stole my post! So I'll add that I noticed that a post on the Amazon reviews from just this month states that the same problems till plague this unit. Sorry Woot, no sale.

claren44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claren44

It plays MPEG 2/4, MKV, HD JPEG, WMV (1/2/3/7/9), AVCHD. But, the Amazon reviews scare me off.

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter
cobraman61 wrote:That's a good point,I did'nt think of that.

yep on the Bunch of Changelings or lack there of

and yep on the pass on the player.

So I'm still in the market for a decent Bluray player, wOOt!

I appreciate all of the above posts/insights on reviews etc...

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

Zappness

claren44 wrote:It plays MPEG 2/4, MKV, HD JPEG, WMV (1/2/3/7/9), AVCHD. But, the Amazon reviews scare me off.

Only wirelessly? Or via USB2.0 as well?

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1

some of us are just working and not spending a lot of time "discussing"

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

bakermo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakermo

I got one of these the last time they were on woot. I had one I purchased elsewhere before I got the woot one and have been happy with it (it was a refurb too).

Nice player - don't fear the reviews.

This is NOT an upscale model - but if all you want to do is play content then it does a decent job. CDs, DVDs, BLURAY all play well.

I also use the apps - mostly Netflix and Pandora.

...and I stream to it using TVMobili from my MediaServer PC.

I'm in for another one.

justashmoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justashmoe

sorry if this is a repeat or if its old news but just wanted to tell someone that shirt.woot is malfunctioning.

Zappness

bakermo wrote:I got one of these the last time they were on woot. I had one I purchased elsewhere before I got the woot one and have been happy with it (it was a refurb too).

Nice player - don't fear the reviews.

This is NOT an upscale model - but if all you want to do is play content then it does a decent job. CDs, DVDs, BLURAY all play well.

I also use the apps - mostly Netflix and Pandora.

...and I stream to it using TVMobili from my MediaServer PC.

Have you ever played video via the USB2.0 port?

bakermo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakermo
Zappness wrote:Have you ever played video via the USB2.0 port?

Nope - I stream over my LAN.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

justashmoe wrote:sorry if this is a repeat or if its old news but just wanted to tell someone that shirt.woot is malfunctioning.

How so?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
cobraman61 wrote:Dont know how long this post will stay up,but the last few Wootoff's their has been alot less posts on the board for each product,and some of,what I will call old timers here on Woot,I have not seen.Just my 2 cents.

Why do you think this post will be deleted? Since I've been on woot people have always said pretty nasty things every woot-off, and all those posts stay up.

Apollo1Man

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Apollo1Man
ThunderThighs wrote:How so?

Maybe because everything is not free?

joking aside looks fine on my end.

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100
cobraman61 wrote:Dont know how long this post will stay up,but the last few Wootoff's their has been alot less posts on the board for each product,and some of,what I will call old timers here on Woot,I have not seen.Just my 2 cents.

l

Yeah, I've noticed that too. As an "old timer," my only excuse is that I've been caring for a sick relative. Miss you guys. Woot On!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Just kidding.

Yes, we all agree. Some of it is probably due to the growth in the mobile market. The rest? A myriad of reasons, I reckon.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cobraman61

k4th3r1n3 wrote:Why do you think this post will be deleted? Since I've been on woot people have always said pretty nasty things every woot-off, and all those posts stay up.

Well one thing,sometimes when your not posting about the product they will kick it off,but ya never know,so its a crap shoot.

gkrausmann

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gkrausmann
jyg wrote:Gack! Stole my post! So I'll add that I noticed that a post on the Amazon reviews from just this month states that the same problems till plague this unit. Sorry Woot, no sale.

Is it me, or has woot! turned into a garbage dump?

ThunderThighs

Staff

cobraman61 wrote:Well one thing,sometimes when your not posting about the product they will kick it off,but ya never know,so its a crap shoot.

During woot-offs, we let things go as long as they're PG-13. It's definitely looser. When we're not in Woot-off, we do focus the product threads on ... well, the product.

ThunderThighs

Staff

gkrausmann wrote:Is it me, or has woot! turned into a garbage dump?

HEY NOW!

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak

I know what you mean. Used to be if a product took a while to sell, these would turn into epic 13-page threads full of crazy digressions, meme JPEGs, people pushing boundaries of taste, and time-wasting animated GIFs. Good times.

I suppose Amazon has a lower threshold for general Internet randomness and carp.

ruadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruadog
ThunderThighs wrote:

Just kidding.

Yes, we all agree. Some of it is probably due to the growth in the mobile market. The rest? A myriad of reasons, I reckon.

There have been fewer posts for each product because there have been fewer of each product. The last few Woot-Offs have been hundreds and hundreds of items, but they only have 3 of each, so how many posts can you make in the 30 seconds it takes to sell out. Back in my day a Woot-Off had far fewer items and each one was up for at least 15-30 minutes. That gave you plenty of time to post.

cobraman61

ThunderThighs wrote:

Just kidding.

Ya you got a point.Also like the other wooter said,part i am sure because know bag of goodies is gone for now anyway.

ThunderThighs

Staff

zikzak wrote:I know what you mean. Used to be if a product took a while to sell, these would turn into epic 13-page threads full of crazy digressions, meme JPEGs, people pushing boundaries of taste, and time-wasting animated GIFs. Good times.

I suppose Amazon has a lower threshold for general Internet randomness and carp.

I was begging for jpg's and gif's earlier. Nobody played!

It's y'all. We're not stopping those from being posted during woot-offs.

sdc100

usagisailor wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Factory-Refurbished-BD-EM57C-Player/dp/B007X4KAF6

I got the 3D version from Woot and have been happy with it as a DVD and Blu-Ray player. It loads SUPER fast, eliminating one of the major complaints of Blu-ray players. I haven't had the time to play with the online features yet, but that's where most of the complaints lie. In Samsung's favor is the fact that the last updates were released just a few months ago and many of the negative reviews were written before the release. Perhaps many of the complaints have been addressed. Also, the fact that updates are being released is a good sign that Samsung is actively supporting the product. For the price, I say go for it'll especially if you focus more on DVDs and blu-rays than online apps.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ThunderThighs

Staff

sdc100

wodowooter wrote:yep on the Bunch of Changelings or lack there of

and yep on the pass on the player.

So I'm still in the market for a decent Bluray player, wOOt!

I appreciate all of the above posts/insights on reviews etc...

It's a great DVD and blu-ray player. Everything loads within seconds unlike some players which take up to a minute. If you read the reviews, you'll notice that complaints are about the online apps. This is a great price for a great blu-ray player from a top company.

pilotgirl08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pilotgirl08

I bought a similar Blu-Ray player several years ago, Samsung brand, for $250. Two months later it quit working. When I talked to Samsung about it, they said it was covered by the warrantee because it was a manufacturer defect. I'd just have to pay S&H and parts to fix it. Guess what? It cost more to fix it than it did to replace it. I never replaced it, so you can't go wrong with a $45 refurb! Thanks Woot!

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak

(animated GIF of cat)

I would like to thank those who are bringing back the good 'ol days of Woot, and thank you Thunder Thighs for the support! ;)

mdcamp89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdcamp89

Bought this, waited a couple of weeks to set it up. When I finally got it connected there was no audio coming through the HDMI. Tried many cables and setting options. Never could get to work. Called Samsung and it was out of warranty. At only 2.8 lbs, this doesn't even make a good door stop. Boo Woot!