ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

So have y'all figured out the filter theme this month? Just curious. I know ThumperChick figured it out last week.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
bpr2 wrote:Do the capes glow in the dark?

Maybe if you spill toxic nuclear waste on them.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

... D~mn, I'm going to miss the home.woot plot. Here's to hoping it comes back with a vengance! And by "it" I really mean "Sylvia" and the ghost!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

I will say this though, the Woot-Off picked up near the end. Too bad there weren't any glowsticks, those would be fun in the snow.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
sgtgreeneusmc wrote:
Worst Woot-off this YEAR!

You win. lol

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
ThunderThighs wrote:But you are logged on to post this soooooo......

Haha...burn

unfamousloser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unfamousloser

Not every woot used to have a Bring Out Cadence, but what is this.. three in a row now without one?

ThunderThighs

Staff

I think it's only majestic, not glow-in-the-dark.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theguruguys

Who was Dear Princess Celestia…

sgtgreeneusmc

ThunderThighs wrote:So have y'all figured out the filter theme this month? Just curious. I know ThumperChick figured it out last week.

No idea ehat you're talking about, so no.

gmwhit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gmwhit

...And the fat lady (lean monkey) sings (screams).

drummerguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drummerguy

you know for amizooonnneee
in my future buys from that site i hope they have a Bunch of Changelings cause i don't have to buy from them anymore..if i decide too!really love the old woot...

Moueska

ThunderThighs wrote:So have y'all figured out the filter theme this month? Just curious. I know ThumperChick figured it out last week.

MLP.

Also, Doctor Whooves is epic.

Jesent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jesent

What The Hay?, crappy woot-off and now the monkey's are marked up. Twice the price of my last monkey's.

Amazon is really screwing this up.

unlikely

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unlikely
batmanrick wrote:thats all folks !! i guess Amazon cant spell Bunch of Changelings

I don't think they've done that in the past few. At least they haven't in the few I've paid attention to.

But then, the prices on Woot used to be a lot better than you could find anywhere else. Now if you google around you can usually beat Woot prices.

Meh. We saw the golden age of woot, it has passed. Something else will come along. Not the end of the world.

ThunderThighs

Staff

sgtgreeneusmc wrote:No idea ehat you're talking about, so no.

We (moderators) entertain ourselves by filtering certain words in posts. There's usually a theme to the filters.

FORUM MODERATOR

cappo

I don't think I've seen the filter do anything this month other than Brony, Bag of Changlings and Big Macintosh.

I'm not sure how those three would fit together. lol

unknownwarrior33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unknownwarrior33

Wow, there's been a whole lot of Rainbow Dashing these last couple days. I know some of it is just trolls, but beyond that...look, I was hoping for a Bunch of Changelings too, but that's not what this is about. Heck, when I first started on Woot that was just something they'd occasionally do as a gag, not what people specifically looked for.

No, the real issue for these people is that Woot was bought out by Amazon, and whenever a big company gets involved with something, people start hating it. Not because of any actual decline in the service, but because it's a big company.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Moueska wrote:MLP.

Also, Doctor Whooves is epic.

Very good. My son did most of the work on this filter set.

FORUM MODERATOR

cappo

Oh wait... Big Macintosh is a MLP character, isn't it?

colonelpuffpuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colonelpuffpuff
theguruguys wrote:Should I complement my Green Cape CES Woot Monkey with one of these?

This was the other new monkey that they tossed out at CES.

Moueska

Jesent wrote:What The Hay?, crappy woot-off and now the monkey's are marked up. Twice the price of my last monkey's.

Amazon is really screwing this up.

The monkeys cost more to make now. Cost of doing buisness increase... they had moved to a cheaper company, etc, etc.

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768
ThunderThighs wrote:A new monkey from the original company... where the arms don't fall off. Hopefully.

My co-workers must play with the ones I give them harder than me. I've never had a problem, but I've seen de-pawed monkeys in their office. It's gruesome.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

ThunderThighs

Staff

drummerguy wrote:you know for amizooonnneee
in my future buys from that site i hope they have a Bunch of Changelings cause i don't have to buy from them anymore..if i decide too!really love the old woot...

FORUM MODERATOR

msujp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msujp
unfamousloser wrote:Not every woot used to have a Bring Out Cadence, but what is this.. three in a row now without one?

Its gone forever, your crap is the 10 pieces of complete garbage they gave away on facebook. Other than the cd's I dont know why anyone would've wanted that stuff, and take time out of their day to fill out a contest winner form to get it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

unknownwarrior33 wrote:Wow, there's been a whole lot of Rainbow Dashing these last couple days. I know some of it is just trolls, but beyond that...look, I was hoping for a Bunch of Changelings too, but that's not what this is about. Heck, when I first started on Woot that was just something they'd occasionally do as a gag, not what people specifically looked for.

No, the real issue for these people is that Woot was bought out by Amazon, and whenever a big company gets involved with something, people start hating it. Not because of any actual decline in the service, but because it's a big company.

FORUM MODERATOR

Moueska

ThunderThighs wrote:Very good. My son did most of the work on this filter set.

DID YOU KNOW:

Time Turner pony is apparently in the works for being re-named "Doctor Hooves" due to fan amusement and outcry (like Ditzy/Derpy Hooves' popularity giving her a regular spot).

DrJ48

quality posts: 5 Private Messages DrJ48

Please No, not again; screaming Monkey to end this Woot-off!!!!!!!

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

had fun tonight...

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

No, they don't glow in the dark and yes I still have a pair (one green and one gray) to send to you. They are sitting in a box on my bench. I will do my best to make it to the Post Office tomorrow.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

sgtgreeneusmc

ThunderThighs wrote:Very good. My son did most of the work on this filter set.

Oh, those...gotcha.

Now what is MLP?

unlikely

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unlikely
unknownwarrior33 wrote:Not because of any actual decline in the service, but because it's a big company.

Or, in this case, because the prices aren't shockingly good any more, the goofy fun stuff that was goofy and fun (like ye olde random crap) is vanishing, the "one thing" theme is now "at least seven things but more like 15" and it's pretty much not the same site it was in any measurable way.

Again, not the end of the world - not even a reason to rage quit and delete your account or whatever. Just not as fun as it used to be.

theguruguys

unknownwarrior33 wrote:

I don't care they are owned by amazon, but I do not like the plethora of items they sell now. Its downright stressful for me to come here at times and try to research all the items. The same item will appear on different woot sub sites at different times, whats the point of having different sites if you are going to market the same products between them!

drummerguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drummerguy
unknownwarrior33 wrote:Wow, there's been a whole lot of Rainbow Dashing these last couple days. I know some of it is just trolls, but beyond that...look, I was hoping for a Bunch of Changelings too, but that's not what this is about. Heck, when I first started on Woot that was just something they'd occasionally do as a gag, not what people specifically looked for.

agree with some of that but i don't care how big the company is ..just keep it fun and think about all the wooters that bought the tin buckets with numbers on the bottom woot sat around everyday and thought of us and giving back to us and now i can smell the greed..

ThunderThighs

Staff

msujp wrote:Its gone forever, your crap is the 10 pieces of complete garbage they gave away on facebook. Other than the cd's I dont know why anyone would've wanted that stuff, and take time out of their day to fill out a contest winner form to get it.

I'll just link this here for those that want to read it.

Probably a better source of info.

FORUM MODERATOR

lordskitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordskitch

It never made sense to me to have the Bunch of Changelings#39;s really.. I mean, it's always fun to try and get one.. but the fact that there's usually a service outage due to excessive overload, and people wildly using bandwidth with no intention of buying anything else for the entire woot-off... It just makes good business sense to discontinue them (not to mention the service outage alone would get me fired where I work.)

ThunderThighs

Staff

sgtgreeneusmc wrote:Oh, those...gotcha.

Now what is MLP?

http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-pony/shows/friendship-is-magic

FORUM MODERATOR

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
msujp wrote:Its gone forever, your crap is the 10 pieces of complete garbage they gave away on facebook. Other than the cd's I dont know why anyone would've wanted that stuff, and take time out of their day to fill out a contest winner form to get it.

Ever consider that perhaps they just don't have the crap to give away like they used to? Them giving away crap means something didn't sell and if stuff doesn't sell they don't make money.

Yes crap was fun but companies really can't afford to just give away product anymore, Woot included.

cappo

theguruguys wrote:I don't care they are owned by amazon, but I do not like the plethora of items they sell now. Its downright stressful for me to come here at times and try to research all the items. The same item will appear on different woot sub sites at different times, whats the point of having different sites if you are going to market the same products between them!

Free shipping on more than one per day?

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

MLP means what? Soo confused.