djmastermind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djmastermind

Is this manufacturer refurb?

chslr1243

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chslr1243

I'm not positive, but I think when I was looking this up on amazon I saw LG's big ol' chart of tv models with feature list and all, and this one i believe was 2.4ms. Anyways, how long should I expect to wait for this to ship? last tv I ordered didn't ship for like 2.5-3 weeks.

impact9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages impact9

For the price and type I couldn't pass on this one. Glad to see folks happy with this one and I can't wait to pull this 42" LCD down and put that 47" up. Overall just posting to say thanks to everyone for doing the research and proving this is a good deal.

mrdigby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrdigby

OH. Look! It's a flat screen LED HDTV! How rare!

MattTheBest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MattTheBest

Will this come before the superbowl?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

MattTheBest wrote:Will this come before the superbowl?

Shipping is most often quick, but can usually takes up to 5 business days, and since the Super Bowl is on February 3rd, I'm not sure we can make any guarantees...but it is 10 days from now?

MattTheBest

ROGETRAY wrote:Shipping is most often quick, but can usually takes up to 5 business days, and since the Super Bowl is on February 3rd, I'm not sure we can make any guarantees...but it is 10 days from now?

Thanks for the quick response! Not that the superbowl is a big event or anything (haha jk) but any possible way for rush shipping?

ROGETRAY

Staff

MattTheBest wrote:Thanks for the quick response! Not that the superbowl is a big event or anything (haha jk) but any possible way for rush shipping?

Normally we have a 2-day shipping or Overnight shipping option available on our sales, but as it appears standard shipping is today's only available option. I'm sorry

MattTheBest

ROGETRAY wrote:Normally we have a 2-day shipping or Overnight shipping option available on our sales, but as it appears standard shipping is the only available option!

Ordered it anyway. Thanks Woot! I can only hope it comes before superbowl!

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
ThunderThighs wrote:You have a 90-day warranty through Woot. As with any warranty, after that, you kinda on your own.

Not necessarily - I've been able to get warranty coverage on 90 day refurbished items bought through woot outside of the 90 days, in particularly through Optoma. Sometimes being nice to the manufacturer and explaining your situation leads to good things. I'm not saying woot! would do this, but some of their vendors have shown that they take care of things within reason (My wooted! Playtime projector was only a few weeks out of the 90 day refurbished warranty when they made a one time exception for me).

I've had items covered under warranty that were outside of warranty by other companies as well (not purchased through woot!), it won't always happen, but be nice and respectful when you call and state your problems and you might get lucky.

mirrorz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirrorz

Just a follow up report here:

The TV came in Yesterday (Wednesday, Jan 30) which was in record time. I just happened to glance out the window and see the Fedex guy throw the box over the handrail onto the porch when he delivered it, rather than walk the extra 3 feet to set it down. By the time I ran out, he was long gone.

I opened the box to find almost no padding aside from 2 small foam blocks that pressed the TV screen side out, tightly against the side of the box. I removed it from the box to install the wall brackets and had a bit of trouble because the back was so badly dented and warped that the brackets for the wall mount were not aligning quite right. Once I hung it on the wall I and powered it up I realized that the bezel on the right side looked like it was hit with a sledge hammer. It was completely smashed and digging into the screen causing a large white glow along the entire right side. After prying the bezel remnants out of the screen, most of the bright spot went away at least.

I bought this for my elderly parents and luckily their eyesight is bad enough to not really notice the glow so they asked me not to bother returning it.

They seem very happy with it at least. I previously ordered a security camera system from WOOT and Fedex delivered it to a vacant house down the block from me. I just wish WOOT had a Fedex/UPS option since the Fedex drivers in my area are complete degenerates.

I saw a turtle.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mirrorz wrote:Just a follow up report here:

The TV came in Yesterday (Wednesday, Jan 30) which was in record time. I just happened to glance out the window and see the Fedex guy throw the box over the handrail onto the porch when he delivered it, rather than walk the extra 3 feet to set it down. By the time I ran out, he was long gone.

I opened the box to find almost no padding aside from 2 small foam blocks that pressed the TV screen side out, tightly against the side of the box. I removed it from the box to install the wall brackets and had a bit of trouble because the back was so badly dented and warped that the brackets for the wall mount were not aligning quite right. Once I hung it on the wall I and powered it up I realized that the bezel on the right side looked like it was hit with a sledge hammer. It was completely smashed and digging into the screen causing a large white glow along the entire right side. After prying the bezel remnants out of the screen, most of the bright spot went away at least.

I bought this for my elderly parents and luckily their eyesight is bad enough to not really notice the glow so they asked me not to bother returning it.

They seem very happy with it at least. I previously ordered a security camera system from WOOT and Fedex delivered it to a vacant house down the block from me. I just wish WOOT had a Fedex/UPS option since the Fedex drivers in my area are complete degenerates.

Thanks for following up - if you have any issues further or that you haven't mentioned, please contact support@woot.com.

I'm just hanging out, really.

swineflew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swineflew

Did anyone else have a problem with this order? I just received mine and and, upon plugging it in, was greeted by a giant internal spiderweb crack across the middle of the screen. I've already contacted support, and I'm hoping this is an isolated incident. From what I can see, there was no damage to the packaging.

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac

Got mine yesterday, but set it up today. The package was a big improvement over the last LG Refurb I bought from Woot. There were a couple of foam blocks that held the Flat Screen panel in place during shipping: very little play. The Set was in very good condition: like new. Set-up was very easy, eight screws, fired it up, and "Lawrence of Arabia" never looked better. Picture Setting I used:

Aspect Ratio JUST SCAN
Energy Saving OFF
Backlight 50
Contrast 93
Brightness 48
Sharpness 65
Color 57
Tint 0
Color Temp 0

Advanced Settings:

Dynamic Contrast OFF
Dynamic Color OFF
Noise Reduction LOW
Gamma MEDIUM
Black Level LOW
Color Gamut WIDE
Edge Enhancer OFF

Enjoy! Good Woot.

uhoerhold

quality posts: 11 Private Messages uhoerhold

Mine arrived yesterday, and I set it up with the Onkyo HT-RC430 from the 1/9 Woot, a DirecTV HD receiver, an LG DVD player, and a Roku HD. It was packed well, everything was in perfect shape. I wouldn't have known it was a refurb.

It took about an hour of fiddling with the settings to get the picture to look good. It originally looked grainy and blocky. After I got the settings right, the picture looks great. My only complaint is that, on really dark scenes, you can see the backlighting bleeding through in the corners. Other than that, it's a great TV, especially for the price.

maltschuld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maltschuld

Anyone else suprised and dissapointed with the Input options? Product specs say 2 component in, 1 AV in. But in reality there is only one set of connectors that you can use for either a sinlge component OR RCA cable bunch.

I just assumed the extra input options weren't photographed (like the USB). Whats up with the specs, woot?

TV quality very good though.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
maltschuld wrote:Anyone else suprised and dissapointed with the Input options? Product specs say 2 component in, 1 AV in. But in reality there is only one set of connectors that you can use for either a sinlge component OR RCA cable bunch.

I just assumed the extra input options weren't photographed (like the USB). Whats up with the specs, woot?

TV quality very good though.

We're investigating this, thanks for the heads up!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Steimes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steimes

Anyone else having trouble getting the remote to work with the TV?

ROGETRAY

Staff

Steimes wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting the remote to work with the TV?

Have you tried contacting LG Customer Support?

Steimes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steimes
ROGETRAY wrote:Have you tried contacting LG Customer Support?

Welp, looks like the problem was between the chair and the keyboard this time. I had the protective sheet on top of the sensor!

Works fine, I have mine mounted up and it looks pretty good!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Steimes wrote:Welp, looks like the problem was between the chair and the keyboard this time. I had the protective sheet on top of the sensor!

Works fine, I have mine mounted up and it looks pretty good!

YAY! Glad you figured it out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dalexa777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalexa777

Has anyone had issues with the remote working? We just ran all the wires, turned it on and cannot use the remote unless we are standing to the left side of the tv within 4 inches. Changed the batteries 3 times and programmed our cable box remote for the tv and it doesn't work unless it is 4 inches or less away either. Any solutions for this? By the time we pay to ship it back we could have bought a similar 3D tv that is on sale locally.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dalexa777 wrote:Has anyone had issues with the remote working? We just ran all the wires, turned it on and cannot use the remote unless we are standing to the left side of the tv within 4 inches. Changed the batteries 3 times and programmed our cable box remote for the tv and it doesn't work unless it is 4 inches or less away either. Any solutions for this? By the time we pay to ship it back we could have bought a similar 3D tv that is on sale locally.

Just a thought but did you look to see if there was some of the packing film covering the receiving area of the TV. Or the remote for that matter.

You might contact LG to see if there's an easy fix.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dalexa777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalexa777

Yes, all film has been removed. The Support site for LG said that this is a know issue and must be repaired. I was hoping someone might know of a quick fix such as an IR blaster and if that would work with this model.

ThunderThighs wrote:Just a thought but did you look to see if there was some of the packing film covering the receiving area of the TV. Or the remote for that matter.

You might contact LG to see if there's an easy fix.