WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Scarier?
  • 10.5% - Giant lizard 312
  • 52% - Giant snake 1544
  • 37.6% - Giant squid 1116
2972 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

SHARKTOPUS!

greeneyehawk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyehawk

definitely the giant spider in hiding....

mattdocmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattdocmartin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClwIj3x24Q4

Why?!?!

chrixo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrixo

I can run on land, giant squid in water? I have no chance.

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

I hate snakes. The squid would freak me out, but I don't spend much time swimming in the deep ocean.

dwillars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwillars
chrixo wrote:I can run on land, giant squid in water? I have no chance.

But you can avoid the water!

dwillars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwillars
mattdocmartin wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClwIj3x24Q4

Why?!?!

Swarm of snakes always beats 1 giant snake...

Steelwells

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Steelwells

Definitely surprised that Giant Spider didn't make the list - I am sure the voting would have pegged that one.

And staying out of the water is an option to avoid the squid, but can you avoid the snake by staying out on the water?

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

Giant squid definitely has the best chance of eating you if you encounter it. Even if you're in a boat, it can just eat that too. Plus it's not like you can fight back, what with bullets often shattering or slowly to far-less-than-lethal speeds upon impacting water.

Y'all are too afraid of snakes to be thinking clearly.

prfesser

quality posts: 7 Private Messages prfesser

Tiny IRS agent.

rydethis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydethis

A giant snake can eat you whole!!

I'm going with giant snake!!

Touch me in the morning!!

ravynwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravynwolf

Giant Lizard = Dinosaur
And there were some pretty nasty dinosaurs. Nothing like being sliced open and being munched on while you are still alive!

nagemnna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nagemnna
ravynwolf wrote:Giant Lizard = Dinosaur
And there were some pretty nasty dinosaurs. Nothing like being sliced open and being munched on while you are still alive!

Giant Lizard also = komodo dragon.. not only can they run fast but they have septic saliva. Atleast a giant snake you have a shot a out running if you spot it before it gets you, and a squid you could just avoid the deep waters all together.

handsmcfeeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages handsmcfeeler
ravynwolf wrote:Giant Lizard = Dinosaur

Agreed! Lizards are way faster than snakes, and have four weaponized feet. Squid, damn scary, but who put you afloat in the first place? A snake could be fast but lacks the ability to, you know, hang upside-down on s ceiling, drop behind you and devour your soul. The lizard is under-rated.

handsmcfeeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages handsmcfeeler

Although, we would all be fu@$&ed if it were giant tarantula...

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Kraken lives!!!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

nosey550

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nosey550

Squid obviously. would be like 8-10 giant snakes with a massive head

artmauck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artmauck
greeneyehawk wrote:definitely the giant spider in hiding....

Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!!! YES!!!

I swim with giant squid, dance the hoochy-coochy with giant snakes, and play Texas Holdem with a great group of giant lizards, but giant spiders are just pure ICK!

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus

3 choices. should be "Scariest".

vlegran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vlegran

I'm not going to be where the giant squid lives. Not gonna be where the komodo dragons live either. Now snakes? There are poisonous snakes where I live...in Texas. I'm not afraid of the non poisonous ones, but am vigilant to the poisonous ones. Ya gotta kill THEM!!

GandalfTheGrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GandalfTheGrey
nagemnna wrote:Giant Lizard also = komodo dragon.. not only can they run fast but they have septic saliva. Atleast a giant snake you have a shot a out running if you spot it before it gets you, and a squid you could just avoid the deep waters all together.

I'm with nagemnna. If I'm scuba diving and cannot escape from a giant squid, I can spit out my mouthpiece, inhale a lungful of water and LOC will be in 30 seconds--pain-free death. Likewise with a giant Anaconda Boa large enough to kill me. Once it begins constricting my chest--LOC will be in 30 seconds. Again, pain-free death. Komodo Dragon? They can outrun a deer so they can outrun me. One bite on my ankle and I couldn't even crawl away. Lizard could then eat me alive at its leisure. Excruciatingly painful, horrifying last few minutes of my life. No LOC until I bleed out, which could take a while, depending on which part of my body he bites into first.

Sorry, while the concept of giant spiders are icky, they aren't real, while the three critters we are voting on ARE real.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

I spend 99.99% of my life on dry land so I say giant snake. I don't like calamari but I don't fear it. If I were in the ocean and a giant squid came after me I would yell "Get the Fryolator ready" , a smart squid would back off.

pmillsrulz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmillsrulz

Giant Lizard-Scary yes, but if you can avoid it's mouth-squeeze yourself into a tight space it can't follow, perhaps-you're probably safe.
Giant Snake-Scarier yes, but if you can manage to outrun it-wear sneakers at all times and keep up with your cardio-you'll likely survive.
Giant Squid-Scariest yet! Eight horrifying arms and two terrifying tentacles lined with suction cups filled with little teeth! How does one fight off this mutant?! The arms are everywhere! Where do you hide? They can squeeze into tight places. Where do you run?! You're in water, fer crying out loud! And creepier yet, it has a beak-not unlike a bird of prey-sharp enough to slice your flesh into little pieces!
And now I have another reason to never go outside.

opaulw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages opaulw
prfesser wrote:Tiny IRS agent.

lol

Woot count = 70+

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

My first wife...

leannerduffy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leannerduffy

Gosh, definitely a giant spider. OR! A giant shark that washes up on shore and millions of spiders spill from its mouth. GAHHHHH!

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke

The first two can make good pets...the third is a GIANT SQUID

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
fuzzypeaches wrote:Kraken lives!!!

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!