tricolclean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tricolclean
inkycatz wrote:Tell us which machine your favorite Greek god would use!

Oh, you mean Asus, not Zeus?

Drat.

How can this one sell on ebay buy now for only $249 ?

DNfromMN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DNfromMN

Can I cancel my order from sellout woot for the tablet only (from like Tuesday this week) and get this one with the dock instead?

Argh.

cage017

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cage017

I noticed it says the dock for the tablet has a USB port. Does this mean I can attach an external DVD player to watch movies?

Would this be a good upgrade from a netbook? I currently use my Toshiba netbook as a backup/travel computer and would like to have something that runs stronger than an Intel Atom processor.

aznhallz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznhallz
DNfromMN wrote:Can I cancel my order from sellout woot for the tablet only (from like Tuesday this week) and get this one with the dock instead?

Argh.

I am right there with one that one. I feel kinda betrayed.

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

Just wanted to let whoever wrote the teaser know that it made me laugh really hard. Your work is very much appreciated and you are both a gentleman(woman) and a scholar.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

rbandrews

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rbandrews

For anyone curious, google says that the tablet does have a Jelly Bean upgrade. So that's cool.

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
inkycatz wrote:Tell us which machine your favorite Greek god would use!

Well, we would take the 17 inch laptop and the 27 inch desktop.

FBTucker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FBTucker

You know what? I can beat any price up here at my local Nebraska Furniture Mart. Ever since being bought by Amazon, I haven't seen a real WOOT deal. In fact, that IS the last time I bought from WOOT.

rickyrockfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickyrockfish

I LOVE MY 300T! Someone questioned asus's reliability and maybe i'm just old but in the minds of folks that have been building and hacking thier PCs the brand Asus in my opinion has more star power than like say dell. Anywho I am pleased squared with this tablet.

jholzman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jholzman
rudecisco wrote:Hey there Asus experts what do you think of the $349 laptop? Is it a good deal at that price? It looks alot like the $280 model that I've seen here a few times but was always sold out by the time I hit the big yellow button.

I have the same question as rudecisco. Can anyone comment on how good or not good of a deal the two remaining laptops are? Also the laptop would be for my wife and she is scared of the word "refurbished" when it comes to laptops. Would we be better off buying new and paying more?

sarianna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarianna

I know we've tackled the name issue to death but the line "It's pronounced 'Ay Seuss'." from Woot just bugs the everloving crap outta me.

Dr. Seuss's name is pronounced more like... Soice. (Been to the museum in Springfield one time too many.)

Silly Woot. I still love you.

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum
west3man wrote:I love my Asus Ultrabook's.

Your Ultrabook's . . . what?

mcahren

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mcahren

FWIW, I've had the 27" AiO for about 4 months now, and it rocks in our kitchen. A very snappy, solid performer. The only negative would be the muddy sound that distorts at higher volumes.

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine

First off all, folks. THIS IS NOT A LAPTOP. It is a TABLET with a KEYBOARD.

cage017 wrote:I noticed it says the dock for the tablet has a USB port. Does this mean I can attach an external DVD player to watch movies?

NO. The USB ports both on the tablet itself and on the dock will accept many devices. Keyboards, Mice, USB Memory sticks and hard drives. But there is NO support for the codecs needed to view a DVD. You can buy software, like DVD CATALYST which will rip DVD's and BLURAYS and you can put these on a memory card.

Would this be a good upgrade from a netbook? I currently use my Toshiba netbook as a backup/travel computer and would like to have something that runs stronger than an Intel Atom processor.

In just about every other aspect, yes. Yes. Yes.

I love my 60GB Refurb TF300 tablet bought from Woot. I used DVD catalyst and have a dozen movies on a stick.
16GB tablet + 32GB card in tablet, 16GB card in dock = 60GB.

eesteen1134

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eesteen1134

Actually, Samsung makes a DVD drive compatible with Android 3.1 (not sure if they've updated the firmware to 4.0). You may need a USB hub to run it. Google Samsung DVD Android and you'll come up with some matches.

rbandrews

Any idea when these will ship?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rbandrews wrote:Any idea when these will ship?

It usually can take up to 5 business days, but most often it's sooner than that. You should check the status update of you order often and see if anything changes soon.

If you're concerned or have questions about your order please feel free to email Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

rbandrews

ROGETRAY wrote:It usually can take up to 5 business days, but most often it's sooner than that. You should check the status update of you order often and see if anything changes soon.

Thanks! So probably Thursday or Friday then, if I ordered stuff Friday and Saturday.

willbroe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages willbroe

So, they say the name comes from Pegasus, just drop the peg and you're there, right? Well, I pronounce it PEG-uh-sus, so would that be just uh-suss? Har, no. How about, pronounce it like Mexicans pronounce 'Jesus' :P

ravencajun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravencajun

Love my Asus transformer Tf300t tablet with dock. I got it from woot around Thanksgiving.
Some actually came with Jellybean on them, but if it doesn't you can easily go to update in settings and have it download the update. Quick and easy.
Of course flash is no longer available for that version of Android but it was super easy to get the last version of flash for Android 4.0 and install it on the tablet. I had flash loaded and working in minutes. Chrome doesn't support flash so no go there. However Firefox works great. The latest version of Dolphin browser has flash blocked, there's a few work arounds that may work for you, check xda forum.
Here's the link to the flash archives, scroll way down to the area for Android 4.0 and get the top one 11.1.
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

here's a helpful guide

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/new-member-introduction-site-assistance/21032-master-help-guide.html

Enjoy
your new toy.
There's a new browser called Puffin that has flash built in, I really like it and it is quite fast, they offer a trial period so check it out.

kwibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwibble

So woots says a squaretrade warranty is available for the tablet, but when i go to squaretrade it says they only have warranties for NEW...can't find any info on refurb readers or tablets...anyone know what this means?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

kwibble wrote:So woots says a squaretrade warranty is available for the tablet, but when i go to squaretrade it says they only have warranties for NEW...can't find any info on refurb readers or tablets...anyone know what this means?

SquareTrade offers warranties for refurbed items offered through Woot, but to get the warranty, you have to use the SquareTrade widget on our sale page.

if you run into any difficulty, shoot an email to Support@Woot.com.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

Interesting that almost the same tablet without the keyboard was on tech.woot and it sold out, but hasn't sold out over here.

x8

sarangshah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarangshah
kwibble wrote:So woots says a squaretrade warranty is available for the tablet, but when i go to squaretrade it says they only have warranties for NEW...can't find any info on refurb readers or tablets...anyone know what this means?

Just fyi - the squaretrade widget may not show up under the "Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty" in all browsers. It shows up in Internet Explorer for me but not in Firefox or Chrome.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

I have a Best Buy version of the U56 15.6" laptop and love it. Battery life is amazing. I consistently get 6-7 hours doing Office tasks and web surfing with the screen on full bright. I like the chicklet keyboard also.

wake me at midnight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wake me at midnight

Gotta love one discussion for multiple products. I come in for the laptop below and lots of talk about tablets. Nice. Asus U56ERF-RAL9 Laptop, 15.6" LED, Intel Core i5-2450M Dual-Core 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 750GB SATA, HDMI, USB 3.0, 802.11n, W7HP

mebekili

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mebekili

Best Buy had it for $299 in the 16GB version. The 34GB is $349 -- I know, I bought it about a month ago and have been monitoring the price. The dock, in blue is $74.95 -- the black one is cheaper.

quietfoot wrote:The tablet/dock item does not seem like much of a deal. You can buy the dock, new, from Best Buy for $50. Best Buy also had the, new, 16GB version on sale for the last month for $280. Last week I picked it all up for $330 with free shipping. For me the extra 16GB was not a big deal as you can easily add a microSD card.

Zavelin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zavelin

I prefer getting the larger size because it tends to boost the resale value. The extra 16 GB might not matter much, especially with the microSD card slot. But when it comes time to upgrade, I've found as much as a $50 difference in final sale price between the 16GB and 32GB versions.

Even if they don't need it, many people tend to like having "the best" that they can afford.

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

Hey, Woot!

On the main page you wrote "Suess"...is that the sibilant spelling for the plural of "Sue"?

If you meant the Cat in the Hat dude, it's "Seuss" and it's *really* pronounced "zoice", like "voice". (Even though we Americans never got the hang of that and he eventually adopted our pronunciation.)

;-)

catamount1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catamount1
tricolclean wrote:How can this one sell on ebay buy now for only $249 ?

b/c it's the 16gb

laconic

quality posts: 5 Private Messages laconic
hakobo87 wrote:ASUS comes from pegASUS... So say pegasus, and then say it again without the peg...[/url]

That doesn't mean it pronounced the same way.

Nothing comes from no thing, but it's pronounced nuhth-ing.
Thermometer comes from thermo meter, yet it's pronounced ther-mom-i-ter. Yet thermometric is thur-muh-me-trik, and thermometrical is ther-mo-met-ri-cal.

I could go on for quite a while like this. English is horrible when it comes to standards and common sense.

cage017

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cage017

w00teregrine, thanks for the heads-up. Really stupid question but does it read the DVD menus too or just the movie?

eesteen1134, thanks for mentioning the Samsung DVD listing. I take it they also do Blu Ray players too? I would have no problem buying one of those and getting rid of the DVD player I have.

I'm still having my doubts about tablets. Maybe if they integrated cell phone technology into them I would be more likely to get one.

cdoublejj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdoublejj
CrystalSinger wrote:Yes, it's pronounced "Ah-soos" ... I had to contact their U.S. Tech support to get a replacement for a warranteed motherboard a few years back, and was quite surprised to hear how it was pronounced.

Actually it is Ay Seuss, many years ago there was an Interview in a magazine with the Asus CEO, (probably their first CEO).

He said the company was meant to be called Pegasus (pegASUS) but, the name was taken so they shortened it Asus.

taythegibs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taythegibs

be careful of the power ports in the laptops, they break easily then they're a pain to replace and if you try to use them broken they can fry the motherboard

adipesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adipesh

Ordered one and received it last night. While physically it's fine, it appears to be buggy in that the touchscreen is erratic. Already filed a case with Woot customer service and am working with Asus too. Hopefully this is just a problem with mine and not a typical problem with the model. Would like a replacement but will settle for a refund.

For a video showing the problems, see my post on Google+ here: https://plus.google.com/114618417341022236593/posts/isKyHDQmS27

Incidentally, for those who care, it came pre-loaded with Android 4.1.1 out of the box. However, it did not include any sort of manual or warranty definition. In fact, there was no paperwork with the tablet at all. Just the tablet, the keyboard and the charger. I had to download the user manual from Asus.

UPDATE: Woot got back to me the same day and said they don't have any replacements but will give me a refund. Filed an RMA with Asus through their website and was told they'd review it within 48 hours. So I guess if I don't get a replacement offer from them in two days, I'll be getting a refund instead.

UPDATE 2: Asus would not replace it, but did offer to take it back for repairs. However, they said it would be up to 14 business days to repair it, not counting shipping time. The Woot return label is only good for 30 days, which means if I get it back and it's still not working right I'll probably be stuck with it. Considering this was a refurbished item to begin with, that means this particular device has already been in their hands twice and this problem is not been detected or resolved.

Based on all this, I'm probably just going to return it and get myself a Nexus.

Adi Peshkess

dreweasland

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dreweasland
PUfelix85 wrote:Interesting that almost the same tablet without the keyboard was on tech.woot and it sold out, but hasn't sold out over here.

I rarely check the woot plus deals because they never really seem like much of a deal. Super glad I found this one though, snatched up that tablet as soon as i saw it!

scushn8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scushn8r
west3man wrote:I've never seen one less than $100 at Best Buy.

Actually he is correct about the keyboard. I bought a black one for my TF300T for $50 at BestBuy, as well. The problem is that it was a special buy with very limited quantities. I literally purchased the last one at my local store. After I placed the order online, I immediately tried to purchase another using another account from a work computer and they were no longer available.

I attest to the quality of the TF300T tablet. It is wonderful. I have a red 16GB that I purchased from BB as an open box for $230. For that price I would NEVER buy an iPad. I also purchased a Sandisk 64GB class 10 microSD for $50. So for $330 (before tax) I have an 80GB tablet with a keyboard. Can't beat that.

killaaa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killaaa
factotum wrote:Your Ultrabook's . . . what?

THANK YOU!!!

Karlitos on the Outer Banks of NC

mamoscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamoscott

Is there any chance that Woot has some extra chargers and cables laying around for this tablet? I received this tablet from Woot yesterday after ordering it earlier in the sale, and as luck would have it, the proprietary USB cable and/or charger appear to be DOA. As a result, I am not able to charge the tablet or dock battery at all.

I attempted to contact ASUS' "customer service" directly, since this is supposedly under their 90 day warranty, and here is a transcript of the response they gave me.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gbUv6y3eZNDSxliHF9bVFaWbvXB9VD_E42hLSHJ_4qo/edit?usp=sharing

TL;DR Version:

My tablet and dock arrived with a DOA cable and charger, and ASUS refuses to replace under their warranty policy unless I send the entire package back to them. Naturally, it will cost me quite a bit more money to ship and insure a tablet package than to just buy a new cable on Amazon or something. How convenient for ASUS...their customer service is garbage, and I would not recommend purchasing products from a company that refuses to stand by their products or their refurb process.

EDIT: After reading adipesh' post above, I am also leaning towards just exploring my options and sending it back to Woot for a refund. Tablets are supposed to simplify things and "just work," and I really don't have the patience to deal with ASUS on this one.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
aznhallz wrote:I am right there with one that one. I feel kinda betrayed.

I could be wrong, there is so much that can be overlooked these days on wootapaloosa, but I thought the tablet only sale popped up after this one. I never saw the other until a few days after I ordered the combo. I ordered this friday 25th... I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet actually.