4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Philips 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray Home Theater
$89.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

$144.98 New and 3.5 out of 5 stars at Amazon, only 15 reviews.

[MOD: Note that they have the wrong photo. They're showing the HTS3531/F7, not the HTS3541/F7]

$168 at Walmart, 3 out of 5 stars with 68 reviews.

Most complaints are that the speakers do not put out a lot of sound, especially the rears.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
lichme wrote:Product Page

3.5/5 stars on Amazon

damn i'm rusty. try again tomorrow i suppose

anyways if you're looking for manuals just look at the support tab on lichme's link.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr
Exposed speaker drivers for powerful surround sound

Wow... So if my amplifier is not powerful enough all I have to do is take the speaker grills off and "BOOM"
Instant power upgrade!

I had no idea it was that easy, all this time I thought there was more to it than that.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

so are the speakers wired or wireless?

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

theguruguys

A Very long and very detailed setup of a similar system that appears to have the same user interface and features. (30 minutes! total)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

not great reviews (2.8 out of 5.0) at the phillips site.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/home-theater-systems/3d-blu-ray-hts3541_f7/prd/en/;jsessionid=2C56EA1C666A31CEE4AFFEAF40506E41.app101-drp4?st=user&t=awards

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
theguruguys wrote:

A Very long and very detailed setup of a similar system that appears to have the same user interface and features. (30 minutes! total)

I found this video too. It's for the wrong model.

theguruguys

CowboyDann wrote:I found this video too. It's for the wrong model.

Compare the specs, they are nearly the same, the user interface, setup, and features he demo's are the same.

theguruguys

dernst_ca1 wrote:so are the speakers wired or wireless?

All speakers are wired unless they are battery powered.

As far as the sound source connecting to the speakers, these are wired.

dgb2i

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dgb2i

Purchased this system from Walmart's site right before Christmas - it went back into the box ten minutes after it was set up. It has no power whatsoever, and the speakers are the most tinny-sounding things I've ever heard in my life, in addition to being flimsy and poorly-constructed. The connections are also hardwired into the back of the speaker, so hope you don't ever have someone trip over a wire or knock one off the shelf - not that the speaker's weight would ever be enough to pull out the wire!

Bottom line, this is going to be worthless for anything except a small dorm room, and even then, you're still going to be disappointed.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver
theguruguys wrote:$144.98 New and 3.5 out of 5 stars at Amazon, only 15 reviews.

$168 at Walmart, 3 out of 5 stars with 68 reviews.

Most complaints are that the speakers do not put out a lot of sound, especially the rears.

I think we can all agree that you shouldn't expect a high output from the receiver or speakers because the price is so low. $50 is about as low as you can get for a bluray player, but this also includes the amplifier and speakers. In essence, you are paying about $40 for those. For people on a tight budget, this is a steal. It will definitely give you better sound that most TV speakers will.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 86 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Anybody willing to try this when they get theirs???

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude

If you had taken the time to read the specs, you would have noticed that they are all wired speakers. The specs even list how long each of the wires is to each speaker. Read first...type later.

dwoods12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dwoods12

Riddle me this;

The first pic shows the sub, the bluray player unit, and five speakers with a single driver per speaker. The fourth pic shows the unit along with a double drivered speaker.

Can anyone explain to me what is actually included in this unit?

[MOD: That's an incorrect photo and will be removed in just a moment. These are single driver speakers. Thanks for noting the error.]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CooperDude wrote:If you had taken the time to read the specs, you would have noticed that they are all wired speakers. The specs even list how long each of the wires is to each speaker. Read first...type later.

Awwwww, be nice. Maybe he had a long day.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

disraeli

quality posts: 7 Private Messages disraeli
auctionsaver wrote:I think we can all agree that you shouldn't expect a high output from the receiver or speakers because the price is so low. $50 is about as low as you can get for a bluray player, but this also includes the amplifier and speakers. In essence, you are paying about $40 for those. For people on a tight budget, this is a steal. It will definitely give you better sound that most TV speakers will.

Agreed. But if one's on a tight budget, the unit in the demo video [hts3106] has 3x the wattage and can be had as a cheapish refurb at Ebay, and is probably worth the price difference.

Technically, the glass is always full.

burdel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burdel
ThunderThighs wrote:Awwwww, be nice. Maybe he had a long day.

Maybe he's a she!

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

Long day is not an excuse for not reading the specs. I just got out of work, after working for 16 hours straight and first thing i read was the specs. He was just been lazy and TT stop taking lazy people sides lmao

ThunderThighs wrote:Awwwww, be nice. Maybe he had a long day.

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53

For people on a tight budget, this system should be passed up for something worth buying. Why buy something cause its inexpensive when it has no redeeming value or quality whatsoever. I have owned Philips products before and have come to realize that they make mostly sub par consumer electronics not worth buying. Better to spend a few extra dollars and get something worth having then to spend less and end up with junk...

auctionsaver wrote:I think we can all agree that you shouldn't expect a high output from the receiver or speakers because the price is so low. $50 is about as low as you can get for a bluray player, but this also includes the amplifier and speakers. In essence, you are paying about $40 for those. For people on a tight budget, this is a steal. It will definitely give you better sound that most TV speakers will.

cwfenn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cwfenn
CooperDude wrote:If you had taken the time to read the specs, you would have noticed that they are all wired speakers. The specs even list how long each of the wires is to each speaker. Read first...type later.

Ugh, wired speakers...This is not the system for you if you already have equipment you like such as speakers and a subwoofer. Wait to see if that Onkyo receiver comes up again.

http://www.woot.com/offers/onkyo-5-1ch-3d-ready-home-theater-system

nathlar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nathlar

There are wires, but they are just to power the speakers. The sound data travels via air pressure waves to the receivers you already have.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
searchneverend wrote:Long day is not an excuse for not reading the specs. I just got out of work, after working for 16 hours straight and first thing i read was the specs. He was just been lazy and TT stop taking lazy people sides lmao

Bet your co-workers were glad to see you leave.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

Power Consumption: 60W
Total Power RMS @ 30% THD: 300W

Ok. Let's get real here. First of all, 30% THD is unlistenable. Even 3.0% is horrible and causes severe listening fatigue. Secondly, how can this consume 60 watts and yet deliver 300 watts? It would put the puny 60 watt power supply up in smoke and is just physically impossible .

Where in the world did these specs come from?

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

zim2411

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zim2411
Ringo4422 wrote:Power Consumption: 60W

Wow, I've never seen anything advertised with 30% THD. That is atrocious, and extremely misleading. For reference, full receivers are typically advertised with < 1% THD. (Denon uses .05% THD for instance)

Did you also catch the frequency response of the subwoofer?

Subwoofer Frequency Range: 20 - 150 Hz

20 Hz my ass.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Although it's probably better than integrated TV speakers, save your money and buy something nicer with a better reputation. It's better to abandon surround sound at these cheaper price points and focus on a nicer stereo setup.

Ringo4422

zim2411 wrote:20 Hz my ass.

LOL!! That too!

This product has taken inflated marketing specs to a whole new level.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt

"20 Hz my ass"

Odd request! No,no thanks.

satyenshah

quality posts: 8 Private Messages satyenshah
zim2411 wrote:20 Hz my ass.

Twenty of anything would hurt my ass, too.

JRElliott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRElliott
cwfenn wrote:Ugh, wired speakers. ... Wait to see if that Onkyo receiver comes up again.

http://www.woot.com/offers/onkyo-5-1ch-3d-ready-home-theater-system

The Onkyo has wired speakers, too, no?

southoc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages southoc

Is there really only 1 HDMI port? Is this system meant to replace my tuner? If so, I am not clear as to how I integrate my Roku and my Laptop without bypassing the system. Will I need to continue using my old tuner for these?

Ringo4422

southoc wrote:Is there really only 1 HDMI port? Is this system meant to replace my tuner? If so, I am not clear as to how I integrate my Roku and my Laptop without bypassing the system. Will I need to continue using my old tuner for these?

You would leave everything connected to your TV as it already is. The HDMI connection from this player is an output (to watch BR DVDs) that connects to another HDMI port on your TV. You'll need to run a Optical audio or coaxial cable from your TV's digital audio output to the input of this player for the TV sound to go through the Phillips unit. Not that I would ever buy this.

digitalis303

quality posts: 5 Private Messages digitalis303
Ringo4422 wrote:Power Consumption: 60W

Ok. Let's get real here. First of all, 30% THD is unlistenable. Even 3.0% is horrible and causes severe listening fatigue. Secondly, how can this consume 60 watts and yet deliver 300 watts? It would put the puny 60 watt power supply up in smoke and is just physically impossible .

Where in the world did these specs come from?

Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing 30% THD is a typo. It should probably be 3%. Still bad, but I don't think even the crummiest amplifier delivers sound that bad...

Ringo4422

digitalis303 wrote:Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing 30% THD is a typo. It should probably be 3%. Still bad, but I don't think even the crummiest amplifier delivers sound that bad...

I think this one does.

rgfitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rgfitz

Well, it is about the same price as the Vizio sound bar I was thinking of buying. I am going to try it with the Philips TV I got on Woot and just use three of the speakers. It will replace an old Insignia DVD/VCR player and give me something to mess with.

everett0123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everett0123
digitalis303 wrote:Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing 30% THD is a typo. It should probably be 3%. Still bad, but I don't think even the crummiest amplifier delivers sound that bad...

That's what I was thinking.

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

The highest generally acceptable level of total harmonic distortion is considered to be 0.1%.

As someone else pointed out, there is no way to have 300 watts output with only 60 watts input, otherwise , besides having a sound system, Phillips has created a perpetual motion machine with more than 500% efficiency; this invention alone would be worth the entire economic value of all civilizations on the planet.

rgfitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rgfitz

The Philips site:

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/home-theater-systems/3d-blu-ray-hts3541_f7/prd/en/;jsessionid=965DA3A48265711761EAC25D42FDCFA1.app121-drp2?t=specifications

says:

Accessories
Included accessories: 2 x AAA Batteries, FM antenna, Power cord, Remote Control, Safety & Legal Leaflet, Trademarks Sheet, User Manual, World Wide Warranty leaflet

I wonder if this refurbished outfit has these accessories.