WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How many movies do you see in the theater each month?
  • 41% - NONE 1007
  • 48.9% - maybe 1 1200
  • 8.3% - 2 or 3 204
  • 1.3% - 4-8 31
  • 0.5% - more than 8 12
2454 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

One a year, if I am lucky.

icrashgood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icrashgood

The last movie I saw was"Cold Turkey"and that was at a drive in.That makes it what? A life time ago?

jimdk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimdk27

Local theater has matinee prices all day Tuesdays. Good deal if you like seeing movies in a large, dark room full of strangers.

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee

I'm too busy wooting

mncowboy96

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mncowboy96

1 movie a month at the average price for 2 people plus popcorn dang near buys you a new tv. No thanks I will stay home and save money.

jimsure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimsure

Most movies today are either over the top violent or remakes of movies I saw 20-30 years ago.

Oaney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oaney

I haven't been to the movies in... jeeze, probably 5 years?

lobo81865

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lobo81865

Admission costs too much, people talk too much during the movie, and there aren't that many I want to see. Besides I have over 600 blu rays to keep me busy.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I saw the Hobbit, weekday matinee in an almost empty theater, nice. The last movie I saw in a theater before that was probably the last Lord of the Rings movie, maybe 5 years ago. I can get a month of Netflix and Amazon Plus for less than one trip to the theater with my spouse. Probably add HBO and still save money.

Igarden2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Igarden2

I wish this poll had the number of movies per year. I see about 3 or 4 per year in a theater.
The last one was "Life of Pi". It was worth the ticket price just to see the stunning visuals on a big, big screen. No cops and crooks, no big explosions, no sex and violins.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Saw Movie 43 yesterday. Funny as hell, but wrong on so many levels! I might get out to one every other month, usually taking my kids to see something. Going to try to make it once a month on a date night with the wife though.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

megabite6d9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megabite6d9

More like 2-3 times a year. 4 of the last 6 were Lord of the Rings movies.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

Sad, but thanks to 70 inch tv and state of the art sound in my man cave, rarely go to the movies.

Sticky floors, overpriced food, fraking babies at an R rated move (SO GETTO, WHITE TRACH, or just RUDE), get a baby sitter.

Going to the movies is no fun. Need adult only times, no kids, ushers that enforce no talking, cell phones, and PASSING GAS! YES folks, there are just too many people that don't know manners today.

When I do go, it is after the 2 weeks and a afternoon, weekday show. I take a day off and see a blockbuster in 3-D IMAX. Price isn't really the issue, but people just ruin movies. I go maybe 2x a year now. And I love movies, but rude people have ruined the expierence.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

I am in the minority here as I see quite a few films at the theater, even though I have a lot of the same gripes. (cost, other people talking during the movie, etc. )

There was an episode of "Seinfeld" where George says that if he watches a movie at Jerry's place he is "doing something" and if he watches the same movie in his own home he "isn't doing anything". That is how I feel about going to the movies. If I see it at the theater, then I am "doing something"

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

Every time I go to see a movie there is either some ignorant Applejack with a crying baby, a bunch of ignorant Applejacks talking on their phones, or sick people coughing and sneezing up a storm.

For 20 bucks (ticket+drink) it just ain't worth the frustration. Especially when most movies now are extremely predictable.

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth
megabite6d9 wrote:More like 2-3 times a year. 4 of the last 6 were Lord of the Rings movies.

Hopefully you got a refund for your money on those 4.

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

I'm of two minds here: I will either go to the midnight release and fight the crowds if I am dying to see the movie or else I will wait until it's been out for a few weeks and then go to a matinee. That's all IF the movie doesn't hit my "wait until Redbox" list, which most do. Saw the Hobbit, not very impressed (hubby wanted to go, he RARELY picks). But quite excited for upcoming ones: Cold Body Warm Heart, World War Z, and The Host. We were going to go to the movies this last saturday but just shrugged because there wasn't anything worth the money playing right now. Oh, and this summer will be great because we are all set up for our own outdoor movies now - including our own movie style popcorn maker (thanks mom who felt that was so important to our setup) so forget the theater!

rydethis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydethis
Igarden2 wrote:No cops and crooks, no big explosions, no sex and violins.

Sex and violins are the best kinds of movies!!!! I like the flute better though!!

Touch me in the morning!!

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

The last film I saw in a theater was "The Wrestler" which I saw with a group of pro wrestlers.
Choosing the right companions to see a film with greatly modifies the film-going experience.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

Last movie I saw was Shrek and I fell asleep.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

I like going to the movies. We usually hit the first show on Saturday morning ($6 each) and then head out and have lunch. If we happen to drag grandma along we have to spend $40 in munchies at the show.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

LorenVer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LorenVer

I agree that most movies are too expensive to see, but DH and I have found ways of scoring free tickets. We are hoping to have another 4 by the end of the week (donating blood for these ones). We also have an old drivein theater that opens for summer. Double feature for about $10 and a large pizza for $6. We forgot our bug spray and the people in the next car let us use theirs. Now the issue is finding movies worth the time (we enjoyed Wreck it Ralph!).

LV

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Somewhere between four and six times a year, it seems. At least one year it was zero... we missed EVERYTHING!

I finally got to see Wreck-It Ralph, and Hotel Transylvania was cute. Unfortunately, they both terrified my son at various points, so I might not end up back at the movies for a while.