WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Blu-rays for Happy Couples

Is there any better way to spend an intimate Valentine's Day at home than with a luminous, heart-rending romantic Blu-ray? If you two are really in love, it'll spark playful caresses and lingering glances. If you're not, at least you won't have to talk to each other.

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This is where unlocking Free Shipping (ends midnight Central) really pays off. Buy ALL the Blu-rays.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

brnscofrnld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brnscofrnld

My wife had been looking for Love Actually on Blu-Ray so this was a nice excuse to pick up Forest Gump as well as a few other discs.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

I am proud to say I only own 3 of these titles.
Serendipity - Great movie, if not for opening the week of 9-11, would have been a great date movie.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall -- A movie that grew on me. Ok the first time I watched, but now one of my favorites.

Forrest Gump -- the opposite, Loved it the first time, but in reruns, grew to dislike it a bit. Too commericial and safe. A movie that just dosen't have much of an impact now.

The rest are TOTAL CRAP. Expecially the Twilight series, WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. Even fans as they age are growing to hate it. A movie that will be forgotten in 10 years and show how bad movies got for a short period on time in the 2000's. HORRIBLE! Worst successful movie ever. And you single or lonley housewives will realize how bad these movies are when you find love or get a life. HORRIBLE... I can't say that enough. HORRIBLE!

OK An Affair to remember is good. A classic. I would watch it with a date who has never seen it. At least it is enjoyable.

phalx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phalx

I would rather break up with my girlfriend than watch most of these movies.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Forrest Gump are too good to be included with most of the others.

jules71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jules71

Johnny Depp. Need I say more. yum

tazman1414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tazman1414

If I was in a "Happy Couple" where she wanted to watch most of these movies, it wouldn't be a "Happy Couple" for long.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tazman1414 wrote:If I was in a "Happy Couple" where she wanted to watch most of these movies, it wouldn't be a "Happy Couple" for long.

Unless you both agree on the quality level of the movie.

I'm just hanging out, really.

inkycatz

jules71 wrote:Johnny Depp. Need I say more. yum

And today, you can have a little - okay a lot of chocolat with your Chocolat.

See what we did there?

kittybooboo04

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kittybooboo04

Crazy Stupid Love is so Good! I loved it!
Also Forgetting Sarah Marshall b/c Jason Segal Is sexy
And Forrest Gump is an Awesome movie, everyone knows that.

Too bad I don't have a Blue Ray

DaWeaves98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DaWeaves98

Twilight movies, really? Are these DVD's for happy couples who are no longer interested in being happy together?

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

With all that twilight shouldn't this be renamed to "Blurays for HighSchool Girls & Cat Ladies?"

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 8 Private Messages starmanbackwards

whaaaaat?
no

"WHEN HARRY MET SALLY" ????????

bully32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bully32

I initially read "You've Got Mail" as "You're Going to Mali". I apparently need to cut back on reading the news... and not sleeping.

tazman1414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tazman1414
inkycatz wrote:Unless you both agree on the quality level of the movie.

We do agree on the quality level of the movies. Which is why we don't watch them.

xavoc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xavoc

Any woman who forces her guy to watch twilight with her deserves to be dumped, and dumped hard on Valentine's day.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

xavoc wrote:Any woman who forces her guy to watch twilight with her deserves to be dumped, and dumped hard on Valentine's day.

wow! i've never seen the movies, but that's pretty harsh.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jespensc

quality posts: 26 Private Messages jespensc

Ok, having just posted a snarky comment in another thread, I have to be dead serious here: I am genuinely squicked-out* by the trio of Twilight movies at the top of a couples movie section. Women**, you gotta understand that if you tell your partner "Twilight is a really romantic movie" for couples, his emotional reaction is identical to yours when he tells you that "Charleze Theron was kinda hot in Monster." These movies are not an opportunity for emotional bonding, they are a warning to all who might come near.

(*disturbed, dismayed, creeped out, perv-alert, hide the children....)
(** mostly)

therealmichaelreiter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therealmichaelreiter

I just shake my head at Woot these days...it's so sad it's come to this.

angelofchaos99

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelofchaos99

I object to the idea that psychologically all women are secretly vapid teenage girls who want to watch any crappy (sappy?) movie as long as the guy looks good with his shirt off.
And where is the category for single women who want to sit back with a drink and watch a flick, preferably one that doesn't reek?

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
angelofchaos99 wrote:I object to the idea that psychologically all women are secretly vapid teenage girls who want to watch any crappy (sappy?) movie as long as the guy looks good with his shirt off.
And where is the category for single women who want to sit back with a drink and watch a flick, preferably one that doesn't reek?

I agree; these movies are horrid.
I'll choose from the single guys list, Roadhouse, love that movie...

levigray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages levigray

Just a word of warning.....buying any of the "Twilight" to watch together, might lead to a happy couple getting into a fight over whether or not they are actually going to watch it. Always best to double check first. LOL.

radrdff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radrdff
jespensc wrote: you gotta understand that if you tell your partner "Twilight is a really romantic movie" for couples, his emotional reaction is identical to yours when he tells you that "Charleze Theron was kinda hot in Monster."

^That made me spit-take. Awesome! I couldn't have put it any better.

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh

What the...
In the time it took me to check the comments, the number of "Sold Out" went from 2 to all of them.

inkycatz

yorknh wrote:What the...
In the time it took me to check the comments, the number of "Sold Out" went from 2 to all of them.

Sale's over! Sorry about that.