WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Blu-rays for Single Dudes

Companionship is a shackle, my friend! This Valentine's Day, let the joy of solitude explode off of your screen! Explosive action! Explosive belching! Explosive explosives! In the din of firearms and laughter, ye shall hear freedom's sweet song! I just hope it's loud enough to cover the sound of my gentle sobs...

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ROGETRAY wrote:Okay, I can probably only purchase like 4 of these, which top four should I pick?
I'm just hanging out, really.

x84HurstOlds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages x84HurstOlds
inkycatz wrote:

Well, for starters, no self-respecting Dude should be without 'The Big Lebowski' on Blu-Ray...

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

Road House if for the ladies (ooh la la Mr. Swayze)

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

WOW, I own 10/13 of those titles. I have seen all 13 and have watched each no less than 20 times over the years. I haven't seen Basic Instinct since HBO in 93. But I do remember I owned the VCR and there is one scene I know I watched about 100 times and made the tape useless from over play and pause. LOL

I was in my early 20's and in love with Sharon Stone. SO BACK OFF. Where is TOTAL RECALL?

mrsly69

myfester wrote:Road House if for the ladies (ooh la la Mr. Swayze)

I thought you be bigger.. THAT WHAT SHE SAID!

mrsly69

inkycatz wrote:

Other than Basic Instint each is a classic.

If I had to choose 4.
Scarface
CaddyShack
Big Lebowski

Dam that 4th one is tough.
But I would lean toward....

DIEHARD!

Just a classic that I watch everytime I am channel surfing. Hell I watched it yesterday and it still holds up strong. Just a GREAT MOVIE. HANS GRUBER!

That would be a great weekend movie marathon. I have seen each of these movies in the past 2 months. That is how good they are. The only one I haven't seen in about a year is the Dirty Dozen, which is a great war movie. Watch that with the BIG RED ONE, for a great WWII weekend.

I own 12 of 13 of these, and 8 on bluray. I rarely buy disc anymore, thanks to streaming. But if you don't have Netflix, Amazon Prime, premium Uverse, iPad, etc... GO FOR IT.

Yes, SINGLE AND PROUD!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

How about another category, "Movies For Guys With Brains?"

I'd suggest Funeral in Berlin, Enemy Mine, The Tall Blond Man With One Red Shoe (French version), Groundhog Day, War Of The Worlds (1954 version). Oh yeah, IRON SKY! (Now on Netflix!!!)

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

dewahba

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dewahba

you would think Woot would be kind enough to know that some of the single dudes want to look at clop material not scarface

dewahba

we now see what kind of respect woot has for single men- none!!! some clop material wouldn't hurt even the wife will watch it if i said look what woot was selling....

hurbavore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hurbavore
x84HurstOlds wrote:Well, for starters, no self-respecting Dude should be without 'The Big Lebowski' on Blu-Ray...

Not to mention it is often only $9.99 with free shipping on amazon.com. Best movie ever.

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight

I started reading this listing of available films and couldn't help but just think of lines from the films. In example:

-"RUN! GET TO THE CHOPPER!"
-"Well, that's like, totally your opinion man"
-"All I have in this world is my..."
-"*Roundhouse Kick!*"
-"Just there the barbarians huddle, sheer terror gripping tight their hearts with icy fingers... knowing full well what merciless horrors they suffered at the swords and spears of three hundred. Yet they stare now across the plain at *ten thousand* Spartans commanding thirty thousand free Greeks! HA-OOH!"
-All of the opening 44 minutes of Full Metal Jacket
-...it had Rodney Dangerfield. Every line is a quote.
-"Do I sound like I'm trying to order a Pizza?"
-"I didn't say that it would be easy, Neo. I just said that it would be the truth."
"You're a bum, Rock!"
-"You like playing games don't you?"
-"He ain't pretty no more"
-It's Lee Marvin.

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

dewahba

dewahba wrote:you would think Woot would be kind enough to know that some of the single dudes want to look at p o r n not scarface

even the wife like is sometime- woot lump it you started this topic

SalsaShark42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SalsaShark42

Can't watch Road House without thinking of Bill Murray. Which makes it all that much more awesome.

Powerslave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Powerslave

These movies are in the $7.00 bin at WALMART!! How are these, Plus Tax, and PLUS 5.00 SHIPPING, any cheaper? They're not, go to walmart and get them, you'll save at least $5.00 per title on shipping alone.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

The Dude abides.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

racermike02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racermike02

Where's Fight Club?

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
Powerslave wrote:These movies are in the $7.00 bin at WALMART!! How are these, Plus Tax, and PLUS 5.00 SHIPPING, any cheaper? They're not, go to walmart and get them, you'll save at least $5.00 per title on shipping alone.

Are they Blue Ray?

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

drocpsu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drocpsu
fuzzypeaches wrote:Are they Blue Ray?

The matrix is $9 on amazon with free prime shipping. How is this a good deal

brookgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookgo
fuzzypeaches wrote:Are they Blue Ray?

There are a few of these movies in three packs on Amazon for 10. Just look around.

denaenickell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages denaenickell

I think you'd have to go with Die Hard....but I have a major problem with the description (and its killing me)... Hans Gruber is played by Alan Rickman, NOT Alexander Godunov. That is a HUGE difference.

happypuppy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages happypuppy

...No Payback? Woot, I am going to slap you six ways from Sunday.

a4tis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages a4tis

DO NOT get the Predator Blu-ray! Horrible quality transfer.

daftvillain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daftvillain
radi0j0hn wrote:How about another category, "Movies For Guys With Brains?"

I'd suggest Funeral in Berlin, Enemy Mine, The Tall Blond Man With One Red Shoe (French version), Groundhog Day, War Of The Worlds (1954 version). Oh yeah, IRON SKY! (Now on Netflix!!!)

Generation 3 Ponies

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

What about all the single ladies?

Yes. Read that like the Beyonce song.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

Goosedude

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Goosedude
inkycatz wrote:

Easy....Big Lebowski, Caddyshack, Full Metal Jacket, and Predator.

Its all about the repeat viewings.....

I love SCARFACE....but you can't watch it over and over back to back.....that'd just be disturbing.

-------------
WOOT! WOOOOT!!

MetilHed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MetilHed

Clicked on "Blu-Rays for single dudes" expecting O-face. Leaving disappointed.

(With an honorable mention going to "Basic Instinct")

vladistov

quality posts: 50 Private Messages vladistov
drocpsu wrote:The matrix is $9 on amazon with free prime shipping. How is this a good deal

There are three problems with that statement:

First: Non sequitur. If $9 or less from 'Shop A' is a lower price than 'Shop B', the 'Shop B' is not necessarily a high price, it is only a higher price than 'Shop A'. For example: If someone offered to sell you a Lamborghini Gallardo for $100, someone else offering one for $10 dollars does not make $100 a bad deal.

Second: Your comparison is only applicable to those who have Amazon Prime; not everyone has Amazon Prime.

Third: After the initial purchase, Woot! ships additional purchases free of charge within the same calendar day. Anyone who has already purchased an item may therefore receive the Matrix at the same cost as Amazon, presuming it is the $9 you say it is.