WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Fila Jackets

FILA stands for Freaky Ichabod Likes- well, okay, we can't really say that last word. And, anyway, it's kind of slanderous for poor Ichabod, right? All he wanted to do was wear a nice jacket to keep warm. Know what? Starting now, FILA stands for Fine Interesting Lords of fAshion. Problem solved.
FILA official site

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

newfiepage wrote:"These jackets from Fila are lightweight yet, durable, stylish, yet conservative. And, a darn fine deal if I do say so myself.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Kay0sth30ry

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kay0sth30ry

One thing to keep in mind from my last Fila order from Woot: the sizes are much larger than normal. A small feels is more like a medium, a medium is pretty much a large, and so on. Get one size smaller than what you normally get.

feyein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feyein

You might check the comments below.

http://sport.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5286910&pageindex=1&replycount=46#post5286977

bobtina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobtina

A note about the red (since there were lots of concerns about it last time), the jacket is actually the vibrant red color you see in the second picture. It is not the washed-out salmon color seen in the main picture.

andygus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andygus
Kay0sth30ry wrote:One thing to keep in mind from my last Fila order from Woot: the sizes are much larger than normal. A small feels is more like a medium, a medium is pretty much a large, and so on. Get one size smaller than what you normally get.

Thank you Kay, this is exactly what I came here to find out. You rock.

betamonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages betamonkey

I bought the gray one and it not only looks as good as the comparable North Face jackets, it's virtually indistinguishable from many of them. Good construction, too.

impact9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages impact9

I bought the grey/black and ordered it in large. It fit's right to size in my experience.

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz

I got one of these last time in was on sale. Great jacket that I wear all the time. (Not really. I take it off to sleep.) I found that it fits normally, though loose enough to go over a sweater. Got stuck in a rainstorm today and it kept me pretty dry.

Nick

ktukker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktukker

Bummer! The Large grey Descent jacket was there, and then it was gone when I went to buy it a moment later. Hey Woot, if anyone cancels their order for the Large Descent in grey, let me know!

jonnij

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jonnij

We bought a couple last time. Very happy with them, and have had complements on them! Love the zipper pockets to stuff the phone or eye glasses in

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 6 Private Messages starmanbackwards

whats with the collar?
does it fold down? or is the Nehru look back? (sorry i forget where the H goes- did i get it right?)
TY

lost871

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lost871

How warm and water resistant are they? How warm would they keep you in NYC winter weather (20-40 F)?

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz
lost871 wrote:How warm and water resistant are they? How warm would they keep you in NYC winter weather (20-40 F)?

Light weight jacket, but fairly wind and water resistant. I've worn it in 20-degree Chicago weather with a sweater or 40 degrees without a sweater. But then I like cold weather. It's not a heavy winter coat.

Nick

mikelj33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikelj33

Bought the grey one. Nice jacket! Excellent shell over a fleece pullover or sweater. Good water resistance in a light rain.

lynnemcooper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynnemcooper

Maybe obvious, but what Is the difference between Ascent and Descent jackets?

LMCooper

santista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santista

eeeep Like a dork, I forgot to read the comments before I bought, and I think I may have ordered a size (or two) too big oh well, over sweater will have to do.

Zach5772

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zach5772
Kay0sth30ry wrote:One thing to keep in mind from my last Fila order from Woot: the sizes are much larger than normal. A small feels is more like a medium, a medium is pretty much a large, and so on. Get one size smaller than what you normally get.

I echo these sentiments. I'm a normal-sized man boy, I bought a small KNOWING that I needed to "size down" and it's still too big for me to wear. At least not in the style I'm accustomed to. Perhaps if it was 1992 and big was in...

drbiii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drbiii

Question on sizing. Two posts say they run one size larger, but there are several other posts that say they run true to size.

Which one is it?

I'm 5'10, 185 lbs, athletic build. I'm thinking a large will work (which is my normal size).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lynnemcooper wrote:Maybe obvious, but what Is the difference between Ascent and Descent jackets?

Big diff is the shoulders. Some difference in pockets as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bvr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvr

I purchased a red jacket last time and it is a nice color. Not super bright. Get lots of compliments. The jacket is very nice. I normally wear XL in women's and purchased XL and it works.

ronzo911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronzo911

I ordered one of these for me---BEWARE--they ore OVERSIZED. I gave it to king kong for Christmas.

Ronzo911

rjbaron

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rjbaron
ronzo911 wrote:I ordered one of these for me---BEWARE--they ore OVERSIZED. I gave it to king kong for Christmas.

I had the opposite experience. I'm right on the border of L/XL and ordered the L due to the posts about size last time this jacket (the Ascent) was offered. It arrived yesterday and if anything feels like a big Medium. I'm prob going to have to give it away (b/c that's easier than dropping 10-15 lbs haha). Really hoping they offer these again soon so I can go with the XL.

ssiemonsma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssiemonsma

People, these run TRUE TO SIZE for the sizing chart. Don't be confused by the statements saying they run large or small. They match the dimensions of the sizing chart, period. Their XL might not be your version of an XL, but that's why you should look at the dimensions.

vikesq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vikesq

ordered the Descent in Black (small)...they sent me the Ascent in Grey (small)..bummer! I don't like grey!!!

vikesq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vikesq

sorry...previous post got labels mixed-up...
ordered the Ascent in Black (small)...they sent me the Descent in Grey (small)..bummer! I don't like grey!!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

vikesq wrote:sorry...previous post got labels mixed-up...
ordered the Ascent in Black (small)...they sent me the Descent in Grey (small)..bummer! I don't like grey!!!

Sorry to hear that you received the wrong color. Please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help sort out this issue.

t3rmin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t3rmin

I measured myself and compared it to the sizing chart, but the medium I received is way too big! Bummer!