WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Raymond Weil Men's Black Leather Watch

Straight up: you're saving like two grand. With a discount like this, you'll probably assume we stole it off of the wrist of our boss! Ha ha! Incidentally, please don't tell him about this sale. No, no reason. whistles and walks away
Raymond Weil official site

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff


newfiepage wrote:Raymond Weil makes some beautiful watches, this being one of them. They also make some expensive watches, this being one of them (just not as expensive as usual).




FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Raid


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raid

This is a hard one to resist. The only thing holding me back is that my old eyes would have a hard time reading the dial. I have been looking for a nice rectangular automatic swiss watch. I am afraid the dial(s) is just to small.

m3zy6


quality posts: 1 Private Messages m3zy6

Does anyone have any info on the Cal. RW2200 movement?
I keep seeing it described on other sites as having aco-axial escapement, but am unable to find much else, not even some better close-up pics. I would assume it is an ETA 2892 with a couple jewels added for the escapement, but I don't think RW is in the swatch group, so I doubt they'd be able to procure a licence for Omega's Daniels design.

Propaghandi


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Propaghandi

The base calibre is an ETA 2671. Nowhere can I find any information about Raymond Weil using a co-axial escapement. As you alluded to, I'm sure Omega has not given permission or sold rights to RW to use the co-axial.

1 bag of colostomy

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

How does this compare to an omega? i mean, is this even in the same territory? It is a nice looking watch at a very nice price. but i have heard some things about this watch that almost make me feel like it is invicta. i mean, is this worth it? is it better to just get a 1200 dollar gucci? is this just a fashion watch?

jfranks09


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jfranks09
tewkewl wrote:How does this compare to an omega? i mean, is this even in the same territory? It is a nice looking watch at a very nice price. but i have heard some things about this watch that almost make me feel like it is invicta. i mean, is this worth it? is it better to just get a 1200 dollar gucci? is this just a fashion watch?



Raymond Weil makes very good quality watched. much better than gucci. i would put their quality above Tag Heuer. I am not a fan of the looks of this watch, but i was very excited when i saw the title of the deal. if you like the look of this watch and can afford to drop the cash it would be a wise choice.

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
jfranks09 wrote:Raymond Weil makes very good quality watched. much better than gucci. i would put their quality above Tag Heuer. I am not a fan of the looks of this watch, but i was very excited when i saw the title of the deal. if you like the look of this watch and can afford to drop the cash it would be a wise choice.



Anyone care to chime in and corroborate jfranks' opinion? i'm on the fence. i always thought tag was kind of a cheep watch as i see them at macy's. are raymond weil watches really luxury watches wooters?

mboverload


quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload

How did something this fantastically ugly get made out of anything but plastic and sold for $5?

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

mjkane1


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1
tewkewl wrote:Anyone care to chime in and corroborate jfranks' opinion? i'm on the fence. i always thought tag was kind of a cheep watch as i see them at macy's. are raymond weil watches really luxury watches wooters?



As a longtime watch collector with over 30+ watches, jfranks is right on the money. Raymond Weil is a quality watch, my 800 series has a fit and finish I will put right up there with the Breitlings I own. Better than my Tag Heuer for sure...I would say finish is at about the level of Omega. Keep in mind Omega's and Breitling's have a typically more customized movement than a Raymond Weil, hence the great difference in prices. If my wife was not expecting, I would be all over this deal...Keep up the nice watches Woot!!!

...Did I just buy that?

grassynoel


quality posts: 3 Private Messages grassynoel

This is like a phone, but you put it around your wrist, and the only part that works is the clock? What will they think of next?

realbogus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages realbogus
grassynoel wrote:This is like a phone, but you put it around your wrist, and the only part that works is the clock? What will they think of next?



You don't get it, do you?

It's about the feel. The precision. The appreciation for things mechanical. To feel the watchmakers passion with each tick.

Watches are more than for telling time, they are mechanical jewels. I have a Rolex Explorer II and I will tell you how complimentary the phrase "build like a Swiss watch" really is.

Check out a fine timepiece at your local jewelry store. You will be shocked.

lwang


quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

why does it have 2 knobs? is one to adjust the time and the other to adjust the date? or maybe one to adjust the primary watch and the other to adjust the backup watch on top.

And the fancy battery cover in the back where you can see if the battery leaked is interesting, but I don't see a slot to fit a coin so I can change the battery myself. Does that mean I have to bring it to the bodega to change the battery? That's a pack of bambu I could have gotten instead.

Wubintheya


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wubintheya

I have small hands and wrists. Can anyone tell me how this case size would look on a person with small wrists. I don't want something that looks ridiculously large.

Thanks Woot people.

ghostofdavid


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid
Raid wrote:This is a hard one to resist. The only thing holding me back is that my old eyes would have a hard time reading the dial. I have been looking for a nice rectangular automatic swiss watch. I am afraid the dial(s) is just to small.



The only thing(s) holding me back is my basic income, student loan debt and mortgage payments. Let this be a lesson to you, folks. A living testament that not all college degrees are equal. Let's revisit this in 20 years and maybe I can buy a nice watch. Until know, I'm going to make fun of people who have purchased (suckers!) Invicta watches and dream about owning a Bernhardt Watch in green.

Suck it, Trebek.

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

I second this peoples...
how large is this thing?

Wubintheya wrote:I have small hands and wrists. Can anyone tell me how this case size would look on a person with small wrists. I don't want something that looks ridiculously large.

Thanks Woot people.



tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
tewkewl wrote:I second this peoples...
how large is this thing?



I just measured it out. It's about 4 centimeters by 4 centimeters, so just shy of 2 inches by 2 inches.

I think it is an okay size.

jlvtx1800


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlvtx1800
tewkewl wrote:I second this peoples...
how large is this thing?



Case size:37 mm width x 50 mm length
Case height:11.85 mm

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
jlvtx1800 wrote:Case size:37 mm width x 50 mm length
Case height:11.85 mm



50? the woot description says 40....

jlvtx1800


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlvtx1800
tewkewl wrote:50? the woot description says 40....



That came directly from Raymond Weil's website

Yimmy149


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yimmy149
Wubintheya wrote:I have small hands and wrists. Can anyone tell me how this case size would look on a person with small wrists. I don't want something that looks ridiculously large.

Thanks Woot people.



I'd say this is on the large side. I have small hands and wrists and own a couple rectangular watches. One is 33x40mm and looks chunky on me. The other is 28x37mm and looks about right.

ravichopra


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ravichopra
lwang wrote:why does it have 2 knobs? is one to adjust the time and the other to adjust the date? or maybe one to adjust the primary watch and the other to adjust the backup watch on top.

And the fancy battery cover in the back where you can see if the battery leaked is interesting, but I don't see a slot to fit a coin so I can change the battery myself. Does that mean I have to bring it to the bodega to change the battery? That's a pack of bambu I could have gotten instead.



High likelihood that the top one adjusts the home time in the top dial. The bottom one adjusts the local time in the lower dial and the date.

This is really meant as a GMT or two time-zone watch. The top dial is in 24 hr time and is meant to show time at GMT or in your home time zone. It's shown in 24 hrs so regardless of where you are, you'll be aware of whether it's night or day back home (useful if you're calling home or the like).

The lower dial is designed to be your local time and is what you adjust when you go across time zones.

For people who routinely travel across time zones, this sort of watch is quite nice to have. Definitely worth a look if you're looking to get into a decent mechanical watch and can use the 2-time functionality.

No, this isn't Patek or even JLC, but for the money it's a hell of a nice timepiece.

klacour


quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour
lwang wrote:why does it have 2 knobs? is one to adjust the time and the other to adjust the date? or maybe one to adjust the primary watch and the other to adjust the backup watch on top.

And the fancy battery cover in the back where you can see if the battery leaked is interesting, but I don't see a slot to fit a coin so I can change the battery myself. Does that mean I have to bring it to the bodega to change the battery? That's a pack of bambu I could have gotten instead.



The 2 "knobs" which are properly called crowns, are to adjust the GMT 24 hour time on the top, and the "local" 12 hour time on the bottom. The crown on the bottom adjusts both the date and time having two positions as you pull it out.

There is no battery, it is an automatic timepiece. It self winds as movement of the arm loads a little "pendulum" that in turn winds the watch.

Please, head down to your local bodega and get yourself a $10 digital watch. A timiece like this for someone like you is a horrible, horrible waste.

A woot minion since 2006 ...

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
klacour wrote:The 2 "knobs" which are properly called crowns, are to adjust the GMT 24 hour time on the top, and the "local" 12 hour time on the bottom. The crown on the bottom adjusts both the date and time having two positions as you pull it out.

There is no battery, it is an automatic timepiece. It self winds as movement of the arm loads a little "pendulum" that in turn winds the watch.

Please, head down to your local bodega and get yourself a $10 digital watch. A timiece like this for someone like you is a horrible, horrible waste.



dude, i believe the guy who originally posted the comment to which you are replying was just being sarcastic... in a wootish way...

in other news. i'm close to pulling a trigger. how does this thing rate next to say, an omega seamaster? which is basically an entry omega watch.

lwang


quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
klacour wrote:The 2 "knobs" which are properly called crowns, are to adjust the GMT 24 hour time on the top, and the "local" 12 hour time on the bottom. The crown on the bottom adjusts both the date and time having two positions as you pull it out.

There is no battery, it is an automatic timepiece. It self winds as movement of the arm loads a little "pendulum" that in turn winds the watch.

Please, head down to your local bodega and get yourself a $10 digital watch. A timiece like this for someone like you is a horrible, horrible waste.



no need for me to even spend $10 for this. I just wanted to know if someone who got lost in my hood and is wearing one of these square things, whether it worth anyone's effort.

skittlyoaten


quality posts: 1 Private Messages skittlyoaten
grassynoel wrote:This is like a phone, but you put it around your wrist, and the only part that works is the clock? What will they think of next?



Spoken like someone who has never lived in an age where phones all had curly wires attaching them to the rotary dial.

A) A watch is the only acceptable piece of "man" jewelry we get.

B) A guy digging his phone out of his pocket, will lose the girl who asked for the time to the guy with the awesome timepiece on his wrist (for two reasons).

C) Pretend you're stranded on an island. What won't be a worthless piece of junk after two days? That's right, the watch.

D) A really nice watch is an heirloom you're kids kids kids can still enjoy. A really nice phone is only good until the next one comes out.

grassynoel


quality posts: 3 Private Messages grassynoel
skittlyoaten wrote:Spoken like someone who has never lived in an age where phones all had curly wires attaching them to the rotary dial.

A) A watch is the only acceptable piece of "man" jewelry we get.

B) A guy digging his phone out of his pocket, will lose the girl who asked for the time to the guy with the awesome timepiece on his wrist (for two reasons).

C) Pretend you're stranded on an island. What won't be a worthless piece of junk after two days? That's right, the watch.

D) A really nice watch is an heirloom you're kids kids kids can still enjoy. A really nice phone is only good until the next one comes out.



I was going to say that I understand the appeal, but I'm not a jewelry guy - there's nothing practical.

But your points C and D are good ones. Especially C.

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
grassynoel wrote:I was going to say that I understand the appeal, but I'm not a jewelry guy - there's nothing practical.

But your points C and D are good ones. Especially C.



So I pulled the trigger at 8:30 am central time. who else bought one of these?

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

Has anyone received theirs yet?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tewkewl wrote:Has anyone received theirs yet?


These are being shipped directly from our vendor. They will sometimes wait until the sale ends to ship. Given the weekend, I'd give it until end of day Tuesday for a tracking number. If you don't see anything by then, freel free to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
ThunderThighs wrote:These are being shipped directly from our vendor. They will sometimes wait until the sale ends to ship. Given the weekend, I'd give it until end of day Tuesday for a tracking number. If you don't see anything by then, freel free to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.



Haven't received squat so far. where is my watch? the corelle plates we ordered are already here.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tewkewl wrote:Haven't received squat so far. where is my watch? the corelle plates we ordered are already here.



Per ThunderThighs:
These are being shipped directly from our vendor. They will sometimes wait until the sale ends to ship. Given the weekend, I'd give it until end of day Tuesday for a tracking number. If you don't see anything by then, freel free to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

It is the end of Tuesday.... That is why I waited until cob Tuesday to reply....


ROGETRAY wrote:Per ThunderThighs:
These are being shipped directly from our vendor. They will sometimes wait until the sale ends to ship. Given the weekend, I'd give it until end of day Tuesday for a tracking number. If you don't see anything by then, freel free to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.



ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tewkewl wrote:It is the end of Tuesday.... That is why I waited until cob Tuesday to reply....



If you don't get a response from Woot Member Services, please feel free to post again here and we'll see if we have help you further.

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
ROGETRAY wrote:If you don't get a response from Woot Member Services, please feel free to post again here and we'll see if we have help you further.



haven't received a response =(...

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tewkewl wrote:haven't received a response =(...



We've let them know you're looking for a reply and hope they get back to you soon. So sorry!

I'm just hanging out, really.

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
inkycatz wrote:We've let them know you're looking for a reply and hope they get back to you soon. So sorry!



gracias!

tewkewl


quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

I finally received my watch!!!! I'm so stoked. It is absolutely beautiful and it looks luxurious all over. The craftsmen ship is evident immediately. Well worth the money I paid. Thanks Woot.