WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

$49 Swiss Legend Neptunes! Multiple colors!

You're not walking around with naked wrists like some kind of pervert, are you? You've got to get yourself a diver watch! For your sense of decency if nothing else!
Swiss Legend official site

Quality Posts

• (12:02 PM, 2/1/2013) bstromberg1 helps us out with a real picture.

ktrenholm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ktrenholm

I actually quite like the faces on these.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
newfiepage wrote:Sometimes you need a diver's watch in fashion colors. That's where the Swiss Legend Neptune comes in. Bring some style to your dives (or office cubicle).

I thought he meant dive as in dive bar at first. But that's probably because I've never been diving.

I'm just hanging out, really.

korhalx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages korhalx

Now i can have a timepiece for each mood! Red when i'm angry, Green when i'm envious & Yellow/Black/Blue for my illegal underground seaturtle fighting.

fishcandy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fishcandy

I assume Swiss Legend is a legend in its own mind only?

samlodise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samlodise
korhalx wrote:Now i can have a timepiece for each mood! Red when i'm angry, Green when i'm envious & Yellow/Black/Blue for my illegal underground seaturtle fighting.

Don't you mean... underWATER?

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

ldresse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldresse

Hello,
Do you ship to Europe?
Thanks
laurent

garyoa1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages garyoa1

Kewl. A wall clock for your wrist. These things are humungous!

Wudooeyeno?

newfiepage

quality posts: 42 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

ldresse wrote:Hello,
Do you ship to Europe?
Thanks
laurent

No, I'm sorry, not yet. Maybe one day....

sixdolla

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sixdolla

At 48mm they're not that giant but I own a Nixon 51-30 myself. I looked this up and it used to be 52mm and 20mm thick. Now it's 48mm and 16mm thick. Since "Large" faced watches are becoming more fashionable these days you'll find more brands offering them. But if you really start to compare a lot of those watches you'll start to notice most of them are cheating just to embellish the XL mm size. The actual face of the watch itself will be small but they'll add a huge bezel and large casement that just makes the whole thing look ridiculous. Which in my opinion is kinda the case on these. Remember the bezel,casement, and rubber is all included in the mm measurement. If you look at the pics of back/inside of the watch you can see the backing of the time piece itself where you would remove it for battery changes and it's just floating in this giant casement. Probably still not a bad pick up for 50 bucks since the Amazonians still have it for 100+ just expect a large watch not a large faced watch.

mojospapi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mojospapi

Ordered me an orange one. I should be able to flag down help in the breakdown lane with it :D

bigshtank

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigshtank

Rubber straps? For $50? Pass.

ror2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ror2001
fishcandy wrote:I assume Swiss Legend is a legend in its own mind only?

Yup, pretty much. I own a Swiss Legend watch, and it's built well, but it's definitely not Swiss made...

nb109

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nb109
bigshtank wrote:Rubber straps? For $50? Pass.

Any half-decent timepiece for $50 is a really good deal. Additionally, rubber straps have come into style with pricier watches. It's not uncommon to find watches for several hundred dollars and more that have rubber straps.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

I think there's a legend (folklore, or an unauthenticated story from earlier times, preserved by tradition) about one of these watches having been purchased by someone for the "list price" of $395.00. I understand the sale occurred in either a gift shop of a Las Vegas hotel or at an airport kiosk.

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster

My Victorinox Dive Master has rubber straps, and I think it's a pretty fine watch.

I think it's funny, though, that the rubber straps say "Genuine Rubber, Swiss Made" on it.

Genuine rubber? Really?

Well, I would hope so...

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster
mdnorman wrote:I think there's a legend (folklore, or an unauthenticated story from earlier times, preserved by tradition) about one of these watches having been purchased by someone for the "list price" of $395.00. I understand the sale occurred in either a gift shop of a Las Vegas hotel or at an airport kiosk.

I'm betting there was alcohol involved.

flashburn02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flashburn02
fishcandy wrote:I assume Swiss Legend is a legend in its own mind only?

Actually, their website says they are made with Swiss movements: http://swisslegend.com/about/

Mowar!

drummingcraig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages drummingcraig
dfunkmaster wrote:I'm betting there was alcohol involved.

Definitely beforehand and quite possibly after they got home and found the receipt in their wallet.

So are we gonna kick it - Gonna kick it woot down - Gonna break it all down - Gonna kick it woot down!

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125
nb109 wrote:Any half-decent timepiece for $50 is a really good deal. Additionally, rubber straps have come into style with pricier watches. It's not uncommon to find watches for several hundred dollars and more that have rubber straps.

If you are in the medical field like I am, rubber or silicone straps are a godsend. I love my leather banded watches but they don't exactly sterilize well.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Casios G-Shocks have rubber straps and some of those run way over a hundred and they're awesome! Right? I'm not the only one that thinks Casio G-shocks are cool, am I?

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
DaZoneRanger wrote:Casios G-Shocks have rubber straps and some of those run way over a hundred and they're awesome! Right? I'm not the only one that thinks Casio G-shocks are cool, am I?

the short period i had a g-shock, the strap was like plastic.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Swiss Legend is another made for TV sales watch, like Invicta. Probably the same Chinamen makes them both.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125

So I checked these out on Amazon for more sizing information and most put the case thickness at 18-19 mm. Holy cow! That's almost 3/4 of an inch.

http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Legend-21818P-02-S-Neptune-Silicone/dp/B0058W6W9S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1359615999&sr=8-5&keywords=swiss+legend+neptune

somniantis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages somniantis
DaZoneRanger wrote:Casios G-Shocks have rubber straps and some of those run way over a hundred and they're awesome! Right? I'm not the only one that thinks Casio G-shocks are cool, am I?

G-Shock all the way!

acrizer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acrizer

The rubber strap on my G-Shock (back in the early 90's) is why I'll never buy a watch with a rubber strap again. I spent far too much money replacing it every year.

ShurGuyWutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShurGuyWutt

I got one of these back last year when woot had them. It came with a dead battery and when I replaced it, it still didn't tell good time and froze up periodically. Its ok for $50 I guess but I have no idea where you would find one for $395 lol!

m3zy6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m3zy6

The band material is a question of personal taste, and intended use, and has no bearing on the quality of the watch. The Patek Philippe Aquanaut has a rubber band and it costs around $18,000, and us less affluent folks can enjoy the best diving band, the Isofrane, at just over $100.

andresitopito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andresitopito
charliecarroll wrote:Swiss Legend is another made for TV sales watch, like Invicta. Probably the same Chinamen makes them both.

Actually invicta has Japanese movt

cptjeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cptjeff
sixdolla wrote:At 48mm they're not that giant but I own a Nixon 51-30 myself. I looked this up and it used to be 52mm and 20mm thick. Now it's 48mm and 16mm thick. Since "Large" faced watches are becoming more fashionable these days you'll find more brands offering them. But if you really start to compare a lot of those watches you'll start to notice most of them are cheating just to embellish the XL mm size. The actual face of the watch itself will be small but they'll add a huge bezel and large casement that just makes the whole thing look ridiculous. Which in my opinion is kinda the case on these. Remember the bezel,casement, and rubber is all included in the mm measurement. If you look at the pics of back/inside of the watch you can see the backing of the time piece itself where you would remove it for battery changes and it's just floating in this giant casement. Probably still not a bad pick up for 50 bucks since the Amazonians still have it for 100+ just expect a large watch not a large faced watch.

On what planet is 48mm "not that giant"? I'm curious, because 40mm and up is large in my book- wearing something like that gaudy piece of trash is about as stylish as duct taping a hockey puck to your wrist.

It's an ugly plastic quartz watch priced at $350, with the goal of getting suckers to buy it at $50, thinking it to be some great deal.

cptjeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cptjeff
flashburn02 wrote:Actually, their website says they are made with Swiss movements: http://swisslegend.com/about/

And by that they mean Chinese quartz movements with one final piece snapped into place in Switzerland.

jcarter024

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcarter024

I bought this watch a couple of months ago through woot. The watch was missing components and stop working within two months of purchase. Buyer beware. The deal is not as good as you think.

ssratracer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ssratracer

I had the 52mm when they first came out. Got it on a faux pas pricing deal for $29. It fit my 7" wrist comfortable for its size, but it was huge at 18mm high. I moved it on quickly. The Swiss ISA 2331/103 movement module was accurate. Maybe this 48mm would be better. The silicone wrapped case was great for door jamb bang protection.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
charliecarroll wrote:...Chinamen...

Really?

klacour

quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour
nb109 wrote:Any half-decent timepiece for $50 is a really good deal. Additionally, rubber straps have come into style with pricier watches. It's not uncommon to find watches for several hundred dollars and more that have rubber straps.

More than a hundred is right. Hublot watches, specifically their 4000M (yes, four THOUSAND METER) diver watch goes for thousands of dollars and sports a rubber strap ...

A woot minion since 2006 ...

klacour

flashburn02 wrote:Actually, their website says they are made with Swiss movements: http://swisslegend.com/about/

There are different types of "Swiss" movements. IIRC, a Swiss made movement is a movement made in Switzerland with Swiss parts. A Swiss movement is a movement made of Swiss parts, but not in Switzerland. I think there may be another type that denotes made in Switzerland but using a movement of non- Swiss origin.

Here's an explanation from Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Made

klacour

charliecarroll wrote:Swiss Legend is another made for TV sales watch, like Invicta. Probably the same Chinamen makes them both.

Chris? Chris Culiver ... is that you?

StanleyS

klacour wrote:I think there may be another type that denotes made in Switzerland but using a movement of non- Swiss origin.

And I'm looking at a package of "Swiss" cheese Made In The USA. Maybe there is a "Swiss-style" watch movement.

tcjokok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcjokok

I bought a Swiss Legend Divers Watch elsewhere. When the battery died my local jeweler would not guarantee it would be water proof.
I contacted Swiss Legend. Their only location (in the US at least) is Hollywood,Florida. When I called, I was told to mail it to them insured and they would let me know how much they would charge. So, if you want to take it underwater it is only good until the battery dies. After that it might cost you as much as anew watch to change the battery.

StanleyS

tcjokok wrote:When I called, I was told to mail it to them insured and they would let me know how much they would charge.

Because they have never had to change a battery in one of their own watches? Great customer service.