dunc0029

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dunc0029

Lips need moisturizing? I never use anything, and I run 50 miles a week, outdoors, even in winter.

awesomeamber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awesomeamber

The CO Bigelow overnight recovery balm is great. It means I don't carry around a tube that I forget I have and then wash with my clothes.

alishashapcott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alishashapcott

Mint flavored Chapstick is the best.

quinndal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quinndal

Whale lard

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

Chicken Poop....seriously...
http://www.ilovechickenpoop.com/

(no chicken poop is in the product...but it's good shi....)

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

Blistex - Lip Medex
soothing

scott0518

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scott0518

Kiehl's Facial Fuel.

Three Lakes Carolyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Three Lakes Carolyn

I've used them all, and my current favorite is The Naked Bee lip balm. Orange blossom honey flavor and SPF 15. Mostly organic ingredients. Love it!

keelai80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelai80

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 with Natural Mint & Shea Butter.

Best stuff ever!

fhrcreations75155

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fhrcreations75155

I only use it when my lips are chapped, but Kisstixx is fantastic! They come in two packs with great flavors. I have strawberry daiquiri and pina colada. When you kiss someone wearing one of the flavors, they make a new flavor. ;)

Best of all, it works really good. I use it whenever I feel my lips starting to get chapped. It repairs them, and I don't have to wear it all the time.

tikaaniblizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tikaaniblizz

kisstixx
You wear one, your partner wears the other...! Boom! Even if I'm alone, I wear it because the flavor reminds me of her :D

bsmith1

quality posts: 105 Private Messages bsmith1

shikemd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shikemd
atx85 wrote:Here's an interesting story:

A few years ago my lips were very chapped. I started using Carmex every night before bed. I continued that habit after the cold season since I enjoyed having such smooth lips. Jump ahead to today: apparently my body no longer produces whatever it's called that keeps my lips soft/smooth. If I miss 1 day of not applying Carmex before bed, by the time I wake up, my lips are already beginning to become chapped. If I skip two days, forget it, it's terrible (doesn't matter the time of year).

I'm sure I could stop using it and get my body back to normal, however, it's such a pain in the ass because I literally have to go nearly two or three weeks with horribly chapped lips.

Just switch to something else without menthol in it. I got off Carmex years ago by switching to Aveeno. Now about my other drug habits...

evierjoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evierjoy

I have been using Smith's Rosebud Salve (original) for years. It is the only product that helps my all-year-round chapped lips. Note: I am allergic to everything known to man -- this is gentle, light and effective.

brumagem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brumagem

This Swedish stuff I found at Walmart called LypSyl. It's made with beeswax and just enough mint. It's surprisingly good!

ennisd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ennisd

I prefer Neosporin Lip Therapy.

scottpeterson1035

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottpeterson1035

tongue

craigleslie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigleslie

as a child i learned (my parents werent the spenders) that buying something you dont need is stupid. i've gone my whole life just licking my lips as needed. it's sexy too. it works even when skying, horsebackriding, swimming, all the same activities as on the cotex commercials. who could ask for more then that?

Eltinwe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eltinwe

Chapstick - Peppermint with Vanilla
OR
Chapstick - Spearmint
OR
Chapstick - Strawberry

Depending on my mood. I don't like cherry flavor though. It reminds me of medicine.

bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf

all of those "moisturizers" contain drying agents that actually make your lips MORE dry and thus you continue to use them.

I use bacon fat!

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284

never use the stuff

janniemax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janniemax

Vaseline in the tube

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

If man were intended to rub oil on his lips, we would have glands there to provide it.

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

Savannah Bee's
Mint Julep Beeswax Lip Balm

kennethdockter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennethdockter

just let them rot off...

cbadvzr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cbadvzr

In public: Chapstick (Medicated)
At home: Mentholatum (too greasy/shiny to wear out)

BanjoBear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BanjoBear

Chapstick- Green Apple!

checho4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages checho4

Whatever the pretty girl at the end of the bar already has on her lips.

globalhavoc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages globalhavoc

Organic Hemp lip balm!

wootgf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootgf

I was a Burt's Bees fanatic for years but suddenly developed a bad allergy to it. Puffy red swollen itchy lips are not hot. Switched to Nivea since and haven't had a problem. Still not sure what the exact ingredient is that's the culprit.

xozibl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xozibl

It used to be Bonne Belle Cosmic chocolate-mint, but they apparently stopped making it. So now it's Zum Kiss Stick Cinnamon-Orange

Hippie2MARS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Hippie2MARS

Coconut Oil

wkjii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkjii

Straight Neosporin, (you get used to the taste but try not to use it internally) I take the risk because it helps prevent empetigo outbreaks

bkwalberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkwalberg

Lanolin like this one offered at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lanolin-Anhydrous-Pharmaceutical-Grade/dp/B000V70MWS/ref=sr_1_4?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1359665058&sr=1-4&keywords=lanolin+lip+balm

lrfd821

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lrfd821

I guess if there was a pointless poll this would rank in the top five but if you need to know what lip moisturizer to get this probably would be in the top five. I found a moisturizer that works really fast, less than 24 hours, it is called "chicken poop". It is not the real thing but whatever is in it works great.

Grams53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grams53

Sun Shades vanilla bean flavor -known at our house as LIPS

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Only need it once or twice a winter, but I like Vaseline Lip Therapy. Put it on at night and usually by morning all's well.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

Ok I actually use 3 of the listed items. They all server a separate but noble cause.

In the winter when use is heavy I use Blistex. By far the best at keeping lips from getting chapped, and repairing chapped lips. It's main flaw is that it melts a high temperatures. I keep one in the breast pocket of all my jackets and one in my car during the winter.

Chap-stick (limited edition Cherry) is used when my car can get hot in the transition months and during the summer. It is much less prone to melting.

Finally Bert's Bees. It is basically just an oily wax. It doesn't have medication that helps prevent chapped lips. But your body will stop trying to keep your lips moisturized if you continually apply chapstick. So after winter is ending I switch everything to Bert's Bees to wean myself off of Blistex.

And I call all of them chapstick!

I also got a generic stick from Arapahoe Basin ski resort a few years back. Whatever that is, is great. Stays in my ski jacket.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

Softlips (strawberry or mint or vanilla)

(oh or raspberry)

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
RWoodward wrote:If man were intended to rub oil on his lips, we would have glands there to provide it.

If man enjoyed having cracked and bleeding lips that are so painful you don't want to talk, smile or eat, then we would not rub oil on our lips.