5%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
SANYO 39" or 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

To head off any confusion, there are two model numbers for the 39" model but they are the same TV. The only difference is the packaging - the box. Probably for different retailers.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8
ThunderThighs wrote:To head off any confusion, there are two model numbers for the 39" model but they are the same. The only difference is the packaging - the box. Probably for different retailers.

care to make a wager as to whether or not that actually DOES head off the massive confusion that is nearly sure to ensue?

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

DonKudler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DonKudler
Wyatt8 wrote:care to make a wager as to whether or not that actually DOES head off the massive confusion that is nearly sure to ensue?

I just checked the line at Caesar's palace...odds are 5 to 1....against

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3128 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some info (including user reviews) on model DP42841 over at consumerreports.com

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/tvs-services/tvs/lcd-and-plasma-tvs-ratings/models/overview/sanyo-dp42841-99042153.htm

ThunderThighs

Staff

DonKudler wrote:I just checked the line at Caesar's palace...odds are 5 to 1....against

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson

WOOT has become a refurbished TV store. Just not worth it with the 90 day warranties.

KATANARYDA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KATANARYDA
haveabigjohnson wrote:WOOT has become a refurbished TV store. Just not worth it with the 90 day warranties.

agreed, I wouldn't buy a refurb TV without a square trade warranty, once the cost of that is factored in, just not worth it.

w00ten since 7/24/04 and still no Boggy Old Creature ಠ_ಠ

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio
conanthelibrarian wrote:Some info (including user reviews) on model DP42841 over at consumerreports.com

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/tvs-services/tvs/lcd-and-plasma-tvs-ratings/models/overview/sanyo-dp42841-99042153.htm

I have a Consumer Reports subscription, so I'll report the deets:

3 user reviews, all 4/5 stars

CR review:
56/100
"Very Good" HD quality
"Good" sound, remote
"Fair" UI

Highs
• Excellent HD image detail
• Excellent color accuracy
• Matte-like screen minimizes reflections
• Overall solid picture performance
Lows
• No motion-blur reduction feature
• Some shadowing noted around graphics due to image processing

lipophilia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

Will this arrive in time to watch the Super Bowl?
(I know, but somebody was going to ask ... I just wanted to get it out of the way.)

SenSo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SenSo
KATANARYDA wrote:agreed, I wouldn't buy a refurb TV without a square trade warranty, once the cost of that is factored in, just not worth it.

Can't speak to these Sanyos, other than to say every Sanyo product I've owned or used over 30+ years has been good...
But as for woot & refurbs? I've had realy good fortune... including my JVC 42" LCD.

The only woot refurb I've had issue with has been LG DVD players. All Blu-ray.
First one dead after few (3,4...5?) DVDs.
Second would play audio, but no video. Woot sent a replacement but it did the exact same thing. Couldn't even stream Netflix. I missed the 90-day window on the first one. And the other one(s), well, I just didn't bother because they were so inexpensive. PLUS, now I have 3 LG DVD Blu-ray paperweights! LOL!

Woot has always been helpful with any/all issues, concerns and/or questions.

My recommendation? If you buy one of these (or any refurb), USE IT! Use it often. Run it through its functions as much as you can within that 90-day period. If it fails during that time, woot will (or at least has with me) do right.

Order not showing as shipped yet? Go to FedEx.com and enter your order number where it asks for 'Reference.' You don't need an account number.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
KATANARYDA wrote:agreed, I wouldn't buy a refurb TV without a square trade warranty, once the cost of that is factored in, just not worth it.

Once upon a time when Woot was privately owned, the prices were much more competitive. And with the addition of Square Trade, it still was a super deal.
Right now I agree with you all. Factor in the 90 days compared to other places you'd be better off going somewhere else for this. BTW, Sanyo was never considered a premium brand.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

terriferrell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terriferrell

Is there any warranty of any kind provided with this 42" Refurbished TV?
What recourse, if any do I have if I get it & it does NOT work properly or I I have it 6 months and it stops working?

tallmantalltales

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tallmantalltales

I bought the 42" version on Woot a few months ago, and it's been great. The color quality, the motion quality, it rivals the Toshiba in my living room that I spent over 2x for.

I weighed the pros and cons of ordering the refurb Sanyo from Woot, but here's what I came up with:

- $5 shipping - some places won't even ship TVs via standard carriers and will use freight companies that'll cost you >$80 in just shipping alone. Even if they use standard UPS or FedEx ground services, you're likely looking at a high charge.

- Taxes - I'm fortunate enough to live in a state that Woot doesn't yet tax sales in.

- Warranty - I figure that most electronics, if they don't have moving parts like hard drives or DVD players, are going to have a manufacturing defect failure within 30 days, no less 90, if its going to happen at all. I don't think paying 20%+ of a purchase price for a warranty coverage is worth it. Seriously, if the TV lasts a year, it cost me $25/mo for the TV. Consider that you spend more than that in a week at Starbucks on coffee, or in a single movie theatre viewing (tickets for two, or if you're a lonely guy, a ticket and super sized popcorn and drink). It's a little bit of a gamble, but really, if it makes it 90 days, I'm pretty sure it'll make it for the long haul.

- Quality - At the end of the day, everything is standards driven. HDMI is HDMI, 1080p is 1080p, etc etc. Most of the "non-premium" versus "premium" brands I saw when I went to Best Buy and other places to compare TVs, the differences seemed to be more in things like how thin the screens were than the actual picture quality. Perhaps it's just my eyesight, but I can't honestly tell the difference in quality between my $299 Sanyo and the Samsung my friend paid 3x as much for.

In short, I'm really happy with the TV. I'd totally buy another one if I had a use for it.

bohous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bohous

Am I correct that there is no optical audio out? Only Coax?

minnesotataco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages minnesotataco

shopjimmy.com $252.99 for 42"

Woot is just a ripoff since amazon bought it

[Mod: Scratch & Dent is not the same as Refurbished]

drgonzo1962

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drgonzo1962
minnesotataco wrote:Woot is just a ripoff since amazon bought it

No more great deals - at the very least..

DonKudler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DonKudler
minnesotataco wrote:shopjimmy.com $252.99 for 42"

Woot is just a ripoff since amazon bought it

[Mod: Scratch & Dent is not the same as Refurbished]

And.....yet.....here we still are.....

drgonzo1962

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drgonzo1962
DonKudler wrote:And.....yet.....here we still are.....

Actually, I for one have decided to go cold turkey and to delete my Woot bookmark.. Sniff.. I have finally accepted the fact that Woot is no more. RIP.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

terriferrell wrote:Is there any warranty of any kind provided with this 42" Refurbished TV?
What recourse, if any do I have if I get it & it does NOT work properly or I I have it 6 months and it stops working?

The warranties for today's offer are covered for 90 days of sale by SANYO.

Here is the Woot FAQ page for our return policy: WOOT FAQ

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
DonKudler wrote:And.....yet.....here we still are.....

I think we somehow still hope something will change to make it like it was.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

robertds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertds

I got two 42" units in July via Woot. One had problems after thirty days Still not fixed. After looking on line, I find this is typical of refurb Sanyo's. great pix, when it plays but it doesn't stay on long.

Buy an extended warrantee such as Square Deal if you get one.

robertds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertds
robertds wrote:I got two 42" units in July via Woot. One had problems after thirty days Still not fixed. After looking on line, I find this is typical of refurb Sanyo's. great pix, when it plays but it doesn't stay on long.

Buy an extended warrantee such as Square Deal if you get one.

Pops, that was after 90 days not thirty.

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster
drgonzo1962 wrote:Actually, I for one have decided to go cold turkey and to delete my Woot bookmark.. Sniff.. I have finally accepted the fact that Woot is no more. RIP.

Good for you! It won't be an easy transition by any means. Just don't get tempted by the overly complicated woot.com url and fall off the wagon by typing it into your browser's address bar. Where there's a will, there's a way.

craigs93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigs93

Mine arrived yesterday. Unpacked it today and sound is HORRIBLE. Severe distortion on all inputs. Contacted warranty company. Not happy that I have to pay shipping back to same place it shipped from....Not a happy camper.

Craig S. Schickel

ThunderThighs

Staff

craigs93 wrote:Mine arrived yesterday. Unpacked it today and sound is HORRIBLE. Severe distortion on all inputs. Contacted warranty company. Not happy that I have to pay shipping back to same place it shipped from....Not a happy camper.

Sorry for the issues. Before you send it back, contact Woot customer service to see if they have any other options: support@woot.com. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

bauers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bauers

I bought this here sanoy 42" tv .It arrived this week and in good condition.It works great as a tv but I can't get the blasted remote control to work. Tested new battarys and their good.How do you tell if remote is sending out a signal ?any body got a idea. Thanks---Roger

bauers

bauers wrote:I bought this here sanoy 42" tv .It arrived this week and in good condition.It works great as a tv but I can't get the blasted remote control to work. Tested new battarys and their good.How do you tell if remote is sending out a signal ?any body got a idea. Thanks---Roger

craigs93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigs93
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the issues. Before you send it back, contact Woot customer service to see if they have any other options: support@woot.com. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Too late... I had already sent it back to the refurb warranty company (at $92.00 shipping!!) when I saw your message...now I just have to wait to see what they do.

Craig S. Schickel

bauers

We posted earlier about the 42" sonyo.I purchased the first part of feb. TV worked great but remote wouldn't work. We received a new remote today from Sohnen the tv rebuilders and everything works great. I'm happy. Will buy from them again-----
Bauers

giaimo13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages giaimo13

The good folks at Sanyo make a lovely television set. I had one in my home for a year (a friend was faced with a sudden "relocation" to State-run housing - wink-wink - and asked me to keep it for him until he was rel...until he moved back.

Anyway, the one I had - I cleverly stored it in my bedroom - was the 39" LCD. I found the colors to be lovely, the picture perfect and sharp, with no degradation around the edges of the screen. This set didn't have any bad pixels, which was delightful, and the technology in the set contained something called PixelShift - so that the pixels in use are imperceptibly moved a scosche every so often, so things like sub-titles, captions, and those damn TV Channel "ID Bugs" in the lower right corner don't cause a burn in the screen of your lovely set.

The IR remote supplied was more than capable and included controls for other units that you could program. The remote controls were duplicated on the TV itself (the important ones, like sound/volume, channel up/down, input source, and of course, power!), so you're not totally hosed should the remote fall behind the bed or under the sofa. The time from power-on to first picture on screen was about 7 seconds. Changing from channel to channel is brisk enough to not try your patience, and whether the content was movies, baseball games, cartoons, or standard TV shows, the images on-screen were beautiful and a pleasure to watch.

When operating the set, it didn't get red-hot like some TVs do - it stayed pretty cool - and it also had no annoying hums, rattles or high-pitched whines. All of this makes for a fabulous television set!

And then there's the sound.

My ONLY beef on this was with the quality of the sound the set produced. There are two speakers, so you'll get stereo out of it, but it sounded to me like there were two AM radios on either side of the set - the speakers sound cheap, tinny, just awful, really. So, what to do?

You can buy this set anyway at this tremendous bargain price, but do what I did - add an affordable, external sound device to upgrade that set to near-theater quality. There are soundbars made by Bose, Onkyo, Vizio (affordable and great sound - I've seen them as low as $79)), or you can look at a ZVOX unit. ZVOX makes a home theater system that fits in a single platform-style base that actually goes BENEATH your television! ZVOX puts a 5" subwoofer along with two 3" full-range speakers, and some very impressive, user-tunable phase cueing technology that lets you shape the "surround" to your listening room. It's Bose-level sound and quality at RCA prices, and for an even better deal, hit Ebay - that's where ZVOX sells their B-stock, scratch-n-dent, and closeout merch. I just bought a $299 XVOX base unit for $125, will a full warranty and a 30 day listening period after which you can make a return for a full refund. With Woot!'s liberal returns policy, and ZVOX giving you a month to decide, how wrong can this equation go?

It feels like a confusing mess out there to try and find that one TV with everything you want - and the more features you add, the higher the price climbs. Maybe this is a better alternative to either then endless searching or the doing without - treat it like a CHinese menu - one from column A, one from column B, and enjoy your dinner!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx