WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Howsabout that game, eh?
  • 51.7% - It was thrilling! 922
  • 12.6% - It was boring. 225
  • 35.7% - I didn’t even watch, because I like to feel superior to people who enjoy things I don’t. 636
1783 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Which game?

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

Insert "I didn't watch because I didn't care about the teams" to the poll please.

werdwerdus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages werdwerdus

I didn't watch. But I just heard the power went out in the stadium for 35 minutes during the 3rd quarter? Now I want to watch it just to see how that went...

lucyspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucyspace
mjc613 wrote:Which game?

The Puppy Bowl was tonight. Go Marta!

KidA0723

quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723

there was food where i went. that's all that matters.

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
lucyspace wrote:The Puppy Bowl was tonight. Go Marta!

THIS. I'm surprised Puppy Bowl IX wasn't included in the poll.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee

bummed they missed making the holding call on the ravens when the niners were passing for a TD that would of put them ahead.
would of changed the game ?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I think you mean "would HAVE"....

Anyway, yeah, that 5 minutes of stadium roof, without any commentary was odd, and the extra hour annoying. I guess NOLA wanted to give the fans a taste of the old Dome though. ;-P

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

"Hey Dad, can we go to Disney World with Uncle John" ~ Jim Harbaugh's kids.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

Buysharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buysharp

I want an option:
I flicked back and forth until Downton Abbey came on and then rejoined for the 4th quarter. Never watch more than the 4th quarter.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

More like "Why watch it when I can go play it?"

Never enjoyed watching Sports, playing them is only time it's fun.

kschoenberg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kschoenberg

I just wanna see Beyonce wear that outfit next year when the Super Bowl is in NJ.

moose123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moose123

Football, enh.

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick
ceagee wrote:bummed they missed making the holding call on the ravens when the niners were passing for a TD that would of put them ahead.
would of changed the game ?

It may have changed the game. It sucks that they didn't call it. But I don't think the Niners got robbed, either. I think it was a good game and I'm bummed my team lost.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

It was HILARIOUS.

:D

Especially watching the one guy fake-punched the camera with his helmet. Oh, and when the commentary went DEAD SILENT while the lights went out. I can only imagining the scurrying and "WHAT THE?!" comments going on while everyone's mic was on mute.

Hey, favorite commercial? Mine was the double-dip at "Sports Luck" by Budweiser and the hidden room of Bad Juju. :D

Moueska

werdwerdus wrote:I didn't watch. But I just heard the power went out in the stadium for 35 minutes during the 3rd quarter? Now I want to watch it just to see how that went...

You should. They cut to commercial twice, and ran out of commercials for the end of the game. They even replayed one of the more boring commericals during that timeframe.

The Ravens kept stretching to keep limber (they never showed any of the 49'ers stretching, I guess the cameramen had kind of "called it" at that point anyway), and there was some random outrage by the players while the lights went out.

The commentary folks came back after the commercial break to let us know that they had no clue why the lights went out and vamped/preened about their team for about four or five minutes. (j/k, I'm sure it was vaguely entertaining to those who took a side, and I didn't mind one way or another.)

The game got underway, the 49'ers came from behind, so it was definitely something that could've played to their advantage. I can imagine how ruffled the Ravens were.

THEY NEEDED TO SHOW MORE TOUCHDOWN DANCES. The one after the world record-breaking play was fun. Actually, I think they should put together a montage of them just in case a serious delay like this happens again.

csm101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csm101

Did anyone else get tired of Shannon Sharpe's never-ending babble during the power outage?

mamayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamayo

is anyone else having trouble with the 'vote' button? It hasn't worked for me since Friday.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

My gosh, how ridiculous and unreasonable for there to be no sound coming from the commentators when the stadium lost half of its power! Clearly they shoulda had something to say!

RIGHT, EVERYBODY?!

dchochrek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchochrek

Sad and frustrated

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

csm101 wrote:Did anyone else get tired of Shannon Sharpe's never-ending babble during the power outage?

what else was he gonna do?
gotta fill the silence with noise.
that's, you know, a major facet of his job.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Moueska

lotsofgoats wrote:My gosh, how ridiculous and unreasonable for there to be no sound coming from the commentators when the stadium lost half of its power! Clearly they shoulda had something to say!

RIGHT, EVERYBODY?!

I wanted some 1920's style radio commentary from them describing what was happening exactly at that second, but had to settle for the brief freakout clips that followed. Which were pretty funny anyway.

nucleovega

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nucleovega

RAVENS BABY!!!!!

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

I watched 3 hours of commercials... I just hated that they added football as filler.. on the bright side, I did use that time wisely, such as refreshing our cocktails and getting snacks.. Oh Budweiser, you never fail to bring a tear each year with the clydesdales

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts

We cut away because Downton Abbey came on.
We have our priorities in place, after all.