3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
$379.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

darnell7979

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darnell7979

How do these guys stack up to an Ipad?

rooobbbbb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rooobbbbb

Terrible screen resolution these days. In an age of 1080p phones I can't see myself considering a 1280x800 screen again. People complain vehemently about the ipad minis screen and this one is even lower resolution than that. Love the stylus though. Shame...

ncisprobie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ncisprobie

Hey I remember this. I bought this tablet, and left a negative review on amazon, saying that for the price ,and for a flagship product, I thought it felt too much like cheap plastic. Those nerds from amazon reviews tore me a new one, they wouldnt stop commenting on how wrong I was and how I was probably adopted. You know what, I still think its waaay over priced and too much like cheap plastic, even at this price. Come and get me wooters :P

crisss1205

quality posts: 5 Private Messages crisss1205
ncisprobie wrote:Hey I remember this. I bought this tablet, and left a negative review on amazon, saying that for the price ,and for a flagship product, I thought it felt too much like cheap plastic. Those nerds from amazon reviews tore me a new one, they wouldnt stop commenting on how wrong I was and how I was probably adopted. You know what, I still think its waaay over priced and too much like cheap plastic, even at this price. Come and get me wooters :P

Your right, this is a terrible tablet. An iPad, Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 would be much better than this.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pretty good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung---Galaxy-Note-10.1-Tablet-with-16GB-Memory---Deep-Gray/6315082.p?id=1218727483054&skuId=6315082

misterfoolish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages misterfoolish

I bought this tablet in August the day it came out and I am extremely happy with it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're planning on taking advantage of the pressure-sensitive stylus, though. It comes pre-loaded with Photoshop and doodling around on it is a lot of fun!

Also, I really haven't been bothered by the relatively low resolution. My brother owns a Nexus 10 with its massive retina-display-beating resolution (2560x1600) and of course his looks better, but this is a very standard looking bright LCD screen, and apps and websites still look crisp and clean.

ncisprobie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ncisprobie
conanthelibrarian wrote:pretty good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung---Galaxy-Note-10.1-Tablet-with-16GB-Memory---Deep-Gray/6315082.p?id=1218727483054&skuId=6315082

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NB4JHRn8Tw

hmd27

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmd27
crisss1205 wrote:Your right, this is a terrible tablet. An iPad, Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 would be much better than this.

I was curious to hear what people had to say about the Note. I have the Galaxy s2 Tab 10.1 and the Nexus 7 (which I just bought). I love both of the tablets, and for the compactness and quad processor, I have to say I really have liked the Nexus 7 just a little better than my Galaxy...just a little.

mangamonster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mangamonster

Is this one pressure sensitive? Good for creating artwork?

Gamrz Podcast Show

HughHemington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages HughHemington

Do they include a "universal remote" app to use the IR Blaster feature? I bought the Vizio to do this, but the app blows.

If any of these things were programmable like high-end remotes, they'd sell like crazy just for that.

misterfoolish

mangamonster wrote:Is this one pressure sensitive? Good for creating artwork?

It is. The photoshop app that comes with it is pretty cool, and there are numerous other art apps that support this functionality.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

Check out the artwork this user has created:

artwork..browse this forum for more examples

mangamonster wrote:Is this one pressure sensitive? Good for creating artwork?

[MOD: Note that a couple are probably NSFW.]

misterfoolish

HughHemington wrote:Do they include a "universal remote" app to use the IR Blaster feature? I bought the Vizio to do this, but the app blows.

If any of these things were programmable like high-end remotes, they'd sell like crazy just for that.

They have a proprietary Samsung remote app, if you have a samsung TV or blu-ray player. I haven't tried this because I don't have a samsung TV, but I tried it with a Toshiba and got some limited functionality (like on/off and I think volume control). It wasn't worth the trouble, and I couldn't find another app that worked better.

mamawoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mamawoot
ncisprobie wrote:Hey I remember this. I bought this tablet, and left a negative review on amazon, saying that for the price ,and for a flagship product, I thought it felt too much like cheap plastic. Those nerds from amazon reviews tore me a new one, they wouldnt stop commenting on how wrong I was and how I was probably adopted. You know what, I still think its waaay over priced and too much like cheap plastic, even at this price. Come and get me wooters :P

I appreciate you opinion. Thank you.

cloudix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cloudix

I've had my note for a month now. Up graded to JB using kies air and now have 14 apps for multi programs. The display resolution is 720p quite adequate for a 10" tab but necessary for the digitizing function of the pen, higher res would not be definable. The hand writing recognition can read my writing better than I can and doesn't have to be on line . If you want to be artistic or take notes in a meeting or class this is the only tab. I also tether it to tmobile
4g phone with no issues.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

I own this tablet. Before I had this, I had an iPad (1st Gen) and the Galaxy Tab.

This Galaxy Note 10.1 is far superior to either for business use.

Why? The stylus. I have virtually eliminated legal pads from my workflow. I can keep all my work notes in a central, digital location. I can easily import and export them to and from Dropbox. I can import PDF files and mark them up (outstanding feature for a student). I can run multiple screens at once (limited as shipped; much improved once the Jelly Bean update - free - is installed). I can handwrite-to-text emails and calendar entries. This syncs seamlessly with my 3 Gmail accounts and 3 Gmail calendars (color-coding the differences in a central calendar).

Unless you are a complete media-phile, don't let yourself be dissuaded by the "poor" resolution of "only" 1280x800. 720 is HD, folks. I have ripped movies and loaded up an SD card and had hours of entertainment for plane and road trips. Easy to swap out to another SD card if you want (try that on an iPad). This device has front-facing speakers so the sound quality is much better than other devices with back-facing speakers. Back camera is OK - 5 MP. Super simple to take screen shots, mark them up, and save or share them. Ditto with maps. You can easily make clips from web pages or anything else you can display and keep them.

This is a FANTASTIC device. I paid $550 for my 32 GB model in August and do not regret it for a second. Sold my other tablets because they felt almost useless after I got this.

rocknrollohio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rocknrollohio

What phone have you seen with a 1080p screen? have you ever held a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and use it? just wondering were you get your information from so I can read it too.
Thanks

chubs191

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chubs191

I just bought this tablet 3 months ago and now Woot has it for cheaper. Welp, time to get out the knives.

quickhonda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quickhonda

I gave one of these to my wife to use for Nursing school and now shes known as the tablet lady because she raves about it to everyone. The speakers are quite loud and mounted on the front, I don't think I need to say how nice of a feature that is. She's been able to get rid of every single notebook and over half of her physical books. We've saved so much money using ebooks that the tablet has payed for itself in 2 semesters. The pen is awesome for taking notes in class and even for writing in the ebooks.

HANG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HANG

Costco has their price for the US Galaxy Note 10.1 for $479.99 but with no coupon needed, if u get the coupon book in the mail or instore, u can get it for $429.99 from Jan 31-Feb24. Good deal. With 50 instant rebate

This tablet is awesome..u can really do alot of multi tasking. As in u can open multiple windows and use them all at the same time w/o lag.
Example: u can have a split window open with internet page woot on the rignt..and a email wimdow on the right, surfing woot, while u send an email. All the while streaming youtube in a pop up wimdow of aproduct vid of what evers on woot.

Btw:

webfiiish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webfiiish

So it is worthy buying this stuff now if only considering the price?

chaotickinesis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chaotickinesis
rooobbbbb wrote:Terrible screen resolution these days. In an age of 1080p phones I can't see myself considering a 1280x800 screen again. People complain vehemently about the ipad minis screen and this one is even lower resolution than that. Love the stylus though. Shame...

What phones have 1080P resolution? All the phones with 5"+ screens are 1280 x 800. Also, do you realize that your computer monitor and TV likely have a 1920 x 1080 resolution?

This whole resolution race for mobile devices is nothing but Apple gimmickry so that they can say how much better their device is than the competition. Unless you prefer to hold your phone/tablet 6" from your face, you're not going to notice the difference in pixel density.

alphaketo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alphaketo

I actually just bought the white one a week ago for 40 bucks more...kind of pissed now IMO the white one looks better, but i would've sacrified the looks for the extra 16 gb for around the same price
As far as the tab itself? completely worth it. I was weary of the resolution, and some reviews talking about cheap plastic, but i got it and i seriously couldn't understand what they were talking about. the plastic is solid and you won't really miss the resolution IMO. BTW the reason why the resolution is so low is because the S-PEN functionality won't work on anything higher All in all i would only suggest this tab for a student, professor, or something of the like. It has completely changed the way i study and take notes, but if you are getting it just for fun and games, I suggest going with something like the nexus 10

alphaketo

Seriously, bought it only a week...so pissed

Woot giveth and Woot maketh ye have buyer's remorse

mmmata

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mmmata

Can anyone comment on the power supply and chord? I had a samsung note 7" and it was annoying to have a proprietary power connection..

I like have a kindle fire that shares the same power as my evo...and usb power chords are a dime a dozen.

also, the length of the power chord felt shorter then it should be..i think it was maybe 10"...tricky to stay plugged in and use it.

alphaketo

mmmata wrote:Can anyone comment on the power supply and chord? I had a samsung note 7" and it was annoying to have a proprietary power connection..

I like have a kindle fire that shares the same power as my evo...and usb power chords are a dime a dozen.

also, the length of the power chord felt shorter then it should be..i think it was maybe 10"...tricky to stay plugged in and use it.

Same issue. I bought a 9ft usb extension from amazon. Atleast the charger is modular.

KevOKC

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KevOKC

I think the cord is made to last longer than a micro USB cord. I have had alot of issues with micro cords becoming loose and not connecting very well to charge / sync. And I try to attach and remove cords easy to avoid problems but after time it still happens and I have to niy a new cord.

purthilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purthilly
HANG wrote:Costco has their price for the US Galaxy Note 10.1 for $479.99 but with no coupon needed, if u get the coupon book in the mail or instore, u can get it for $429.99 from Jan 31-Feb24. Good deal. With 50 instant rebate

This tablet is awesome..u can really do alot of multi tasking. As in u can open multiple windows and use them all at the same time w/o lag.
Example: u can have a split window open with internet page woot on the rignt..and a email wimdow on the right, surfing woot, while u send an email. All the while streaming youtube in a pop up wimdow of aproduct vid of what evers on woot.

Btw:

i think that price is 449.oo in KC, mo for the 16gb

halleyscomet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halleyscomet
darnell7979 wrote:How do these guys stack up to an Ipad?

It doesn't, unless you WANT something that will freeze and crash multiple times a day.

The Samsung line is an embarrassment to Android devices everywhere. It's the Windows 95 of tablets, popular, unstable and painful to use. I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and it is a crash and freeze prone piece of garbage. I'm stuck with it until I save enough to replace it with something that doesn't need three or four reboots a day. Their customer support is useless. If you get a Samsung device (As gift gift, because it would be mind numbingly stupid to BUY some of their kit) wipe it clean and install Cyanogen to get at least SOME stability out of the lump of garbage. That voids the warranty, but given how useless their tech support is, the warranty isn't worth anything anyway.

halleyscomet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halleyscomet
webfiiish wrote:So it is worthy buying this stuff now if only considering the price?

Samsung kit is so unstable, if I got this as a GIFT I'd sell it so I could buy something more stable. It is NOT worth buying at this or any other price point. You WILL regret owing Samsung hardware.

A MAJOR problem is their proprietary launcher, which crashes on me multiple times a day. Most the long term fixes involved rooting the phone or erasing the Samsung Android fork and replacing it with Cyanogen. That however voids the warranty.

That's right, the only way to make Samsung hardware usable is to void the warranty.

Snufkin0007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Snufkin0007
HughHemington wrote:Do they include a "universal remote" app to use the IR Blaster feature? I bought the Vizio to do this, but the app blows.

I actually own one of these. It comes preloaded with "Peel" a remote app. It's not great, but there are others to try on the marketplace. So I say - go for it if you got the cash.

Snufkin0007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Snufkin0007
halleyscomet wrote:Samsung kit is so unstable, if I got this as a GIFT I'd sell it so I could buy something more stable. It is NOT worth buying at this or any other price point. You WILL regret owing Samsung hardware.

A MAJOR problem is their proprietary launcher, which crashes on me multiple times a day. Most the long term fixes involved rooting the phone or erasing the Samsung Android fork and replacing it with Cyanogen. That however voids the warranty.

That's right, the only way to make Samsung hardware usable is to void the warranty.

I own one of these, and I don't know what you are talking about. Sounds to me like the one that YOU got was a lemon. You should probably get that checked out.
Also your whole statement doesn't make any sense. You are complaining about hardware and talking about the launcher.... Launcher is software. SOFTWARE.

claynpotter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages claynpotter

Pentec Vega hasn full 1080P on 5.3 inch sscreen. Avaiable only in Korea.

chaotickinesis wrote:What phones have 1080P resolution? All the phones with 5"+ screens are 1280 x 800. Also, do you realize that your computer monitor and TV likely have a 1920 x 1080 resolution?

This whole resolution race for mobile devices is nothing but Apple gimmickry so that they can say how much better their device is than the competition. Unless you prefer to hold your phone/tablet 6" from your face, you're not going to notice the difference in pixel density.

claynpotter

I hve 32gb model and love s stylus which is Wacom pressure sensitive pen. Love Samsung S notes and multitasking ability. Speaker is one of the best on tablets out there now. Cheaper than Windows 8 tablets with core i5 (samsung series 7 or other brand atom processored ones with no stylus)
If u bougt this tablet for note taking or photoshop layer editing, you'll love this tablet. If you going to watch movies or play Angry bird,get cheaper android tablet or iPad. Upgraded to jellybean and now all windows can be resized and multitasking!!!! I'm no longer using my thinkpad laptop for I bought bluetooth keyboard/metal case and bluetooth mouse to use ms word, excel, power point compatible Polaris office suite that came free with the tablet.

claynpotter

I own this tablet since when it came out. I use it at least 8 Hrs day, and it has not crashed even once. Upgrade automatically to Jellybean and has no issue. I think you may have to take it to repaire shop...

halleyscomet wrote:Samsung kit is so unstable, if I got this as a GIFT I'd sell it so I could buy something more stable. It is NOT worth buying at this or any other price point. You WILL regret owing Samsung hardware.

mc243569

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mc243569

Bought the refurb 32G from Amazon in November. No complaints with performance, resolution, or apps, and battery life is fantastic (still stays alive for maybe 4-5 days at a time). The biggest problem that I have with it is that when I go to use the S-pen, I can't lean on or put any pressure [besides the pen tip] on the tablet. Makes sense, but is still difficult, since I tend to write while leaning my wrist or hand on the surface area. Something to keep in mind, write-leaners.

blonig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blonig

Wow, lot of bad info being spouted by people who have no experience with this device. ILGal does a nice job of pointing out the benefits of the note over conventional tablets, and I thought I would reiterate and add a few things.

I got one of these when they came out so that I could organize my notes at work and it does that wonderfully. I can write on it nearly the same as a pad of paper but with the advantage of being able to organize my notes in folders for later access. I have seen iPads come into the office in an attempt to do the same thing and they disappear after a couple of weeks. The s-pen is the difference maker on this tablet. It has something like 10X the detection resolution of a typical capacitative touch screen and with 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, the writing looks normal. It also senses the s-pen when it is above the screen, which allows for mouse over functionality, try that on any other tablet.

The resolution issue is overblown. If you hold this at about 12" or so away the human eye is incapable of resolving individual pixels. It is about angular resolution and not pixel density, which is why 1080 is fine on a 55" TV when you are 10 feet away. And let's not forget that higher resolution requires more processor capacity, larger files, and uses more battery, all for an increase in resolution that will be undetectable for nearly all people in most situations.

The plastic feel is overblown. It doesn't flex, it makes it lighter, and how many iPads are not in cases anyway?

To the person that said it will lock up, uh no. I leave mine running for weeks, never turn it off really, and haven't had it lock up even once in the several months I have owned it.

Bottom line is that the s-pen makes this a tablet that you can use for more than watching videos and surfing the web, which is what I needed in order to justify buying one. For my purposes, there isn't a better tablet available. I can sit in a meeting, take notes, get caught up on my work email, even access work files on company drives through the Citrix app, and actually be productive.