nunyadamnbizness

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nunyadamnbizness

Sorry Woot,

But you can buy a new 10.2 for less..Epic fail!!

danbfas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danbfas
nanaejt wrote:I'm looking at my Costco coupon book and it says $439.99 after $40 off(close enough)so I agree with you.
What say you "bogawoot",are you seeing a lower price still?

No problem. As soon as you purchase, you can download Jellybean, which is pretty smooth. I'm very pleased with mine.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
danbfas wrote:No problem. As soon as you purchase, you can download Jellybean, which is pretty smooth. I'm very pleased with mine.

And how does that get you a digitizer display?

move along

throwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages throwoot
chaotickinesis wrote:Why quote only part of my post, and respond to it, when the other part already addresses what you go on to write?

We do not hold a 4-5" device, meant for one-handed use, at the same distance as we would a 10" dual-hand operated one. If distance is doubled, pixel density needs are halved in order to achieve the same effect.

Your post didn't address anything. This tablet will be used at the same distance as every other tablet. People's arms and torso don't grow when they use a larger tablet- the comfortable viewing distance isn't going to change.

chaotickinesis wrote:
I recognize that stating we would hold a 10" tablet twice as far as a phone is an assumption on my part. However, yours is a far less realistic assumption. If a phone is held at 12" from the eyes, will the tablet be closer to 14" or 24"?

The viewing distance dimensions I've seen called out for tablets is 12 to 15". Laptops and computer screens are 20" or more.

chaotickinesis wrote:
Besides, as the above post indicates, no one complained when the iPad 2 had an even lower PPI. At the time Apple said that while it wasn't a "retina display," this wasn't needed for the farther viewing distance—and everyone agreed.

Not really relevant. If you have an iPad 2 or this tablet side-by-side with an iPad 3, you will notice the difference.

steelcitymemorabilia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steelcitymemorabilia
HughHemington wrote:Do they include a "universal remote" app to use the IR Blaster feature? I bought the Vizio to do this, but the app blows.

If any of these things were programmable like high-end remotes, they'd sell like crazy just for that.

It comes with an app called Peel that I have programmed to control my Comcast cable box and Sony TV. You can setup multiple rooms with different equipment in each. It is a nice feature.

mritchie91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mritchie91

BE VERY CAREFUL. AFTER RECEIVING THE WRONG THING TWICE, YOU MAY END UP WITH A Mach Speed Trio Eclipse MID 4.3 Tablet IF YOU ORDER THIS PRODUCT.

mritchie91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mritchie91

Needless to say, my faith in woot is shaken.

mtighe1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtighe1

I purchased this (not a refurb) two weeks ago from BB and returned it. I played with it for a week, tweaked it, bragged about how cool it is but honestly, I had trouble doing the simplest of tasks with it. I print a lot of invoices and thought it would be great to not be tied to a desktop PC for that. I can print invoices from my phone but could not get this product to print for the life of me. It only prints on Samsung printers. I literally got a headache from trying to get it to work with my workflow.
I paid $499 for the 16GB. If it had been $299, I would have kept it because it is a fun item but for that much money I could not justify it.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mritchie91 wrote:BE VERY CAREFUL. AFTER RECEIVING THE WRONG THING TWICE, YOU MAY END UP WITH A Mach Speed Trio Eclipse MID 4.3 Tablet IF YOU ORDER THIS PRODUCT.

I'm sorry to hear that you received an incorrect product for your order. Have you spoken with Woot Member Services at support@woot.com? I'm sure they'll be able to help you resolve this issue.

MaxSMoke777

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MaxSMoke777
chaotickinesis wrote:What phones have 1080P resolution? All the phones with 5"+ screens are 1280 x 800. Also, do you realize that your computer monitor and TV likely have a 1920 x 1080 resolution?

This whole resolution race for mobile devices is nothing but Apple gimmickry so that they can say how much better their device is than the competition. Unless you prefer to hold your phone/tablet 6" from your face, you're not going to notice the difference in pixel density.

Yes! Like! Up Vote! You are Correct, sir!

JussaIrish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JussaIrish
throwoot wrote:Not really relevant. If you have an iPad 2 or this tablet side-by-side with an iPad 3, you will notice the difference.

Good thing I don't have an ipad to compare it to!

RusselNash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RusselNash
di410733 wrote:I'm only using mine as a universal remote anymore - and there's a good app called Touchsquid (very programmable, great support) available.

I was so disappointed with this thing because I thought the stylus would let me interact with it fully (like send emails & all) - but sadly, the stylus only works in the Note app, and what it captures is images, not text - not very useful for email (people don't want to receive an image file to see a couple of lines of text).

You can use the stylus to send email. Just change your keyboard input to stylus.

scully459

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scully459
halleyscomet wrote:It doesn't, unless you WANT something that will freeze and crash multiple times a day.

The Samsung line is an embarrassment to Android devices everywhere. It's the Windows 95 of tablets, popular, unstable and painful to use. I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and it is a crash and freeze prone piece of garbage. I'm stuck with it until I save enough to replace it with something that doesn't need three or four reboots a day. Their customer support is useless. If you get a Samsung device (As gift gift, because it would be mind numbingly stupid to BUY some of their kit) wipe it clean and install Cyanogen to get at least SOME stability out of the lump of garbage. That voids the warranty, but given how useless their tech support is, the warranty isn't worth anything anyway.

Don't complain about the SII, I have the SIII and it works without issue. The question was concerning the Galaxy Note...stay with the topic please.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

mangamonster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mangamonster

Well, as an artist and avid pen/notebook geek (I am always taking notes at work),I'm gonna take a chance on this tablet. I've been yearning for a pressure sensitive device, designed around hand/pen input for years. The Courier never happened, so I've been patiently waiting. I've purchased a couple iPads, and they are great for what they are, but cannot perform when trying to do any sort of drawing or writing. Rubber tipped 'fake pens' DO NOT cut it for me. Sure, I can create something decent...but damn, it's so much darn work to get a decent result!

I have about 4 Wacom pads and they are by no means portable. I love them, but they are meant to stay with the desktop configuration. I hope that the Galaxy Note 10.1 will perform decently in this regard.

Also, thanks Woot for busting out the great deals. Even after your merger with Amazon, I continue to find some of your offerings the best deals out there...not all of them, but many of them.

Gamrz Podcast Show

verdictator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verdictator

Question:

Does anyone know the exact name of said case that ships with this device? Purchased one of the Deep Grey, 32GB today from Woot, and would like to do some research about the key components!

Anybody know?

scotttampa

Just so everyone knows, the external SD mini port is expandable to 64gb, not 32... according to the Samsung website specs on this model... another plus!

theatomizer90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theatomizer90

This being my first woot, I have a question. How long will it take for it to be processed and shipped then actually arrive? I only saw one option at checkout and so I just want to know a timeframe.

theatomizer90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theatomizer90

This looks like it. http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/accessories/EFC-1B1LBECSTD?subsubtype=cover-pouch

verdictator wrote:Question:

Does anyone know the exact name of said case that ships with this device? Purchased one of the Deep Grey, 32GB today from Woot, and would like to do some research about the key components!

Anybody know?

trekel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trekel
mangamonster wrote:Well, as an artist and avid pen/notebook geek (I am always taking notes at work),I'm gonna take a chance on this tablet. I've been yearning for a pressure sensitive device, designed around hand/pen input for years. The Courier never happened, so I've been patiently waiting. I've purchased a couple iPads, and they are great for what they are, but cannot perform when trying to do any sort of drawing or writing. Rubber tipped 'fake pens' DO NOT cut it for me. Sure, I can create something decent...but damn, it's so much darn work to get a decent result!

I have about 4 Wacom pads and they are by no means portable. I love them, but they are meant to stay with the desktop configuration. I hope that the Galaxy Note 10.1 will perform decently in this regard.

Also, thanks Woot for busting out the great deals. Even after your merger with Amazon, I continue to find some of your offerings the best deals out there...not all of them, but many of them.

Now there's a man after my own heart! I, too, was crushed when the Courier was scrapped. Gateway made a laptop/tablet combo in the early 2000s, but the hardware can't support any upgrades past XP, nor did it have a touch screen.

trekel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trekel
theatomizer90 wrote:This being my first woot, I have a question. How long will it take for it to be processed and shipped then actually arrive? I only saw one option at checkout and so I just want to know a timeframe.

Of the many purchases I've made, they have rarely taken more than a week to reach my door, and never much more than that.

morimori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morimori

Almost 2 days and hasn't shipped yet !! I am panicking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
theatomizer90 wrote:This being my first woot, I have a question. How long will it take for it to be processed and shipped then actually arrive? I only saw one option at checkout and so I just want to know a timeframe.

We like to say allow up to 5 business days for processing/shipping.

Hint: It's usually faster.

I'm just hanging out, really.

sohmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sohmc
inkycatz wrote:We like to say allow up to 5 business days for processing/shipping.

Hint: It's usually faster.

I'm a bit curious: do you guys box all of the products ahead of time or do you wait for orders and then box them? I would think since you guys only sell a few products, they would be ready to ship in advanced.

scotttampa

sohmc wrote:I'm a bit curious: do you guys box all of the products ahead of time or do you wait for orders and then box them? I would think since you guys only sell a few products, they would be ready to ship in advanced.

I don't think they box up ahead of time... as packing slip with order number is usually in bottom of boxes... quite surprised, however, these didn't go out YESTERDAY and STILL haven't shipped! Now, UPS ground, won't get till Monday, but hopefully it'll go fedex ground and I'll get Friday, if sent today via fedex ground...

Kaorte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaorte

Just got shipping confirmation! Yay!

JussaIrish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JussaIrish
Kaorte wrote:Just got shipping confirmation! Yay!

Same here. Looks like they shipped out yesterday.

boecam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boecam

Just got mine via FedEx moments ago. Unfortunately it came without the Protective Leather Pouch included. However, it did say at bottom of Features Tab - "Note: Pouch may ship separate from tablet". Looks like mine is to come later but I have received no information regarding the Pouch being shipped any time soon. A bit baffled here. ???

nittanyjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nittanyjack
boecam wrote:Just got mine via FedEx moments ago. Unfortunately it came without the Protective Leather Pouch included. However, it did say at bottom of Features Tab - "Note: Pouch may ship separate from tablet". Looks like mine is to come later but I have received no information regarding the Pouch being shipped any time soon. A bit baffled here. ???

Just got mine today as well. No pouch.

jomion

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jomion

Same here...Tablet; no pouch.

Not as much a big deal for me, as I ordered a separate and more versatile case which should also be delivered today.

I need more...

hennesseyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hennesseyre

My One Note just arrived, but without the S pen and the leather pouch! I didn't think it get here so soon but I wish it was complete. for me the S pen was the point of craving this tablet!!! Anybody else have the same thing happen to them? I emailed customer support just now but help!!

hennesseyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hennesseyre
hennesseyre wrote:My One Note just arrived, but without the S pen and the leather pouch! I didn't think it get here so soon but I wish it was complete. for me the S pen was the point of craving this tablet!!! Anybody else have the same thing happen to them? I emailed customer support just now but help!!

Oh I'm a doofus - the pen is right in the tablet!! but still no leather pouch!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Hello everyone,

I'm forwarding the leather pouch query along to our CS folks. Occasionally they ship items separately, so that is most likely what's happening here.
If you have any concerns about the status of your order, please email Support@Woot.com.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

boecam

PemberDucky wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm forwarding the leather pouch query along to our CS folks. Occasionally they ship items separately, so that is most likely what's happening here.
If you have any concerns about the status of your order, please email Support@Woot.com.

Thanks PemberDucky for the follow up on our behalf. As I mentioned before, it did say at bottom of Features Tab - "Note: Pouch may ship separate from tablet". Looks like we will all have to wait for the pouch to come later. I must agree that any additional comments from Woot about the shipping the Pouch would be great.

evillinux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evillinux

Love my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, so when I saw this come up on woot.com I had to pick one up since it is a great price. It is an awesome tablet, highly recommend.

leebean01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leebean01

I also did not receive my pouch :/

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

leebean01 wrote:I also did not receive my pouch :/

Still no word back from Staff. We'll post here with any new info we receive. Presumably (as PemberDucky said) separate shipments are usually sent out with the extra accessories.

If you're still concerned with your order, please feel free to email Woot Member Services at Support@Woot.com and they can answer any questions you have.

mangamonster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mangamonster

Man, so envious of all of you!! I got my shipping info the same time as you all but it won't arrive here in Houston until Monday, UGHHH@@@!!!! I wan't to get creative on this darned thing like NOW. I even bought a leather case and 32GB micro sd card from amazon..theyve been sitting on my desk to 2 days. I pray that it somehow magically arrives a day early tomorrow .....

Gamrz Podcast Show

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Pouch Ships Separately

We did hear back that the pouch ships separately. We are contacting the vendor to get tracking on that shipment. Sorry for the confusion.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

boecam

mangamonster wrote:Hmmm, are you referring to this? If so, it's the tab, not the Note.

http://www.costco.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Tablet%E2%84%A2-2-10.1-WiFi-16GB-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-4.0.product.11759400.html

Link below to compare the Costco Galaxy "Tab" and this Galaxy "Note". Huge difference! ...

http://www.informationweek.com/hardware/handheld/samsungs-10-inch-android-tablets-which-i/240012684