Kaorte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaorte
mangamonster wrote:Man, so envious of all of you!! I got my shipping info the same time as you all but it won't arrive here in Houston until Monday, UGHHH@@@!!!! I wan't to get creative on this darned thing like NOW. I even bought a leather case and 32GB micro sd card from amazon..theyve been sitting on my desk to 2 days. I pray that it somehow magically arrives a day early tomorrow .....

I'm in the same boat! I'll be getting mine on Monday... its going to be a long weekend

rhazza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhazza
Kaorte wrote:I'm in the same boat! I'll be getting mine on Monday... its going to be a long weekend

ARE there more of these tablets left. I need 6 of them.And they will be shipped directly to the person,my nephews.

How many were install? Is there a way for me a customer to know how many items woot! has in-stock of a product?

kcunha11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcunha11
rhazza wrote:ARE there more of these tablets left. I need 6 of them.And they will be shipped directly to the person,my nephews.

How many were install? Is there a way for me a customer to know how many items woot! has in-stock of a product?

One day, one deal. Sorry you missed them unless they happen to pop up again

boecam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boecam

Got my Leather Pouch in the Mail today. Not exactly what I expected but will protect somewhat until I can get better one. Anybody have any suggestions for a good case at a decent price? Thanks in advance ...

theatomizer90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theatomizer90
boecam wrote:Got my Leather Pouch in the Mail today. Not exactly what I expected but will protect somewhat until I can get better one. Anybody have any suggestions for a good case at a decent price? Thanks in advance ...

Same here.

fenrisrulz1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fenrisrulz1

I went with this one due to the minimalist design. There is also a slot built in to let you remove the s-pen, without removing the case. I wish the inside cover had a holder for the more advanced S-pen (the one with the 'eraser') and some business cards, but this will do for now:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008L3C2MW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

boecam wrote:Got my Leather Pouch in the Mail today. Not exactly what I expected but will protect somewhat until I can get better one. Anybody have any suggestions for a good case at a decent price? Thanks in advance ...

mangamonster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mangamonster

Finally got mine in today and first off, it's a really slick looking device. Feels great in the hand. I was initially disappointed with the availability of apps that work with the S-Pen. Most of them are not pressure sensitive. S Note writes great for notes, but I don't think it takes full advantage of the S Pen pressure...the levels are almost absent. Also, can't change the pressure sensitivity in S Note.

BUT, with that said, there is a wonderful app called LayerPaint that uses the digitizer screen and S Pen to it's full capability and NOW I am seriously happy.

LayerPaint: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nattou.www.layerpaint

It is the closest experience next to using an actual Wacom drawing pad.

I bought all of the most popular paint/drawing apps on Android and NONE of them utilize the S Pen's capabilities. A couple do enable it, but the controls are super choppy and somewhat broken. Anyways, for those of you who are the creative types and bought this for the sole purpose of drawing, notes and sketching out ideas, I feel that S Note and LayerPaint are the best apps available for the Note today that work best with the S Pen pressure sensitivity.

I'm gonna get back to more drawing

Thx Woot for this awesome deal!!

Update: here's a quicky I drew using LayerPain. Really loving it.

Gamrz Podcast Show

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

mangamonster wrote:Finally got mine in today and first off, it's a really slick looking device. Feels great in the hand. I was initially disappointed with the availability of apps that work with the S-Pen. Most of them are not pressure sensitive. S Note writes great for notes, but I don't think it takes full advantage of the S Pen pressure...the levels are almost absent. Also, can't change the pressure sensitivity in S Note.

BUT, with that said, there is a wonderful app called LayerPaint that uses the digitizer screen and S Pen to it's full capability and NOW I am seriously happy.

LayerPaint: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nattou.www.layerpaint

It is the closest experience next to using an actual Wacom drawing pad.

I bought all of the most popular paint/drawing apps on Android and NONE of them utilize the S Pen's capabilities. A couple do enable it, but the controls are super choppy and somewhat broken. Anyways, for those of you who are the creative types and bought this for the sole purpose of drawing, notes and sketching out ideas, I feel that S Note and LayerPaint are the best apps available for the Note today that work best with the S Pen pressure sensitivity.

I'm gonna get back to more drawing

Thx Woot for this awesome deal!!

Update: here's a quicky I drew using LayerPain. Really loving it.

nice! very cool!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 99036494

Dose anyone know if the Revolutionary S Pen come with the package?

Never mind, found it...

kcunha11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcunha11

very less than impressed with the sleve. i have to force, and i mean really force it in, and even then the edge of the screen is barely covered. getting it out is nearly just as difficult. i wonder if it is even a sleeve for the note at all. more trouble than its worth IMO.

the tablet itself has been awesome. absolutely no complaints.

Kaorte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaorte

So we don't get a separate tracking number for the sleeve? If so... mine is going to get sent back since for some reason the fedex guy can't find my work address... :/ I need to tracking number so I can hold at a fedex location.

I'm not that bothered. I was planning on getting a cool sleeve from Etsy. Lots of neat things going on there.

mangamonster

kcunha11 wrote:very less than impressed with the sleve. i have to force, and i mean really force it in, and even then the edge of the screen is barely covered. getting it out is nearly just as difficult. i wonder if it is even a sleeve for the note at all. more trouble than its worth IMO.

Yeah, the sleeve isn't too useful. Although I purchased a case from Amazon, I wanted to see how the Note looked and felt in the included sleeve. First off, it was difficult placing it inside as the sleeve is very tight, leaving little to no wiggle room. The real problem was trying to remove the tablet...there just isn't an easy way of doing this. I tried 'squeezing' the tablet out, such as one would do with the last remnants of a tube of toothpaste, but that proved ineffective. The only method I could think of, which I didn't prefer, was forcing my big stumpy fingers into the thin lip of the sleeve and prying enough space open to enable me to grab the tablet with the tips of my fingers and pinch it out. The amount of pressure I was applying to the tablet worried me that I might damage it while taking it out because of it's plastic casing. Luckily, no harm was done...I won't be using the sleeve, unfortunately.

Just an FYI for those of you waiting on it.

Gamrz Podcast Show

silverhack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverhack
kcunha11 wrote:very less than impressed with the sleve. i have to force, and i mean really force it in, and even then the edge of the screen is barely covered. getting it out is nearly just as difficult. i wonder if it is even a sleeve for the note at all. more trouble than its worth IMO.

The sleeve is actually the right size for the Galaxy Tab 10.1

I have a Tab 10.1 and the sleeve fits perfectly. For this Note 10.1 I just got, the sleeve is just slightly too small and makes it impossible to get the tablet in and out of the sleeve.

JussaIrish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JussaIrish
silverhack wrote:The sleeve is actually the right size for the Galaxy Tab 10.1

Thank you for that. I don't own the tab but immediately thought:

"This sleeve is clearly designed for the smaller Tab."

Not too happy about this. Bait and switch.

EDIT: Adding on to this as I feel burned about it since all I want is a sleeve and not a case

From the spec sheet:

Tablet: 10.3"(W) x 7.1"(H) x 0.35"(D)

Sleeve:10.8"(W) x 7.2"(H) x 0.2"(D)

OH, I WONDER WHY IT DOESN'T FIT?

I'm glad that woot has become like ebay and I have to use my detective skills to make sure I don't get suckered. You can also notice that the photos do not show the tablet in the sleeve.

mangamonster

JussaIrish wrote:Thank you for that. I don't own the tab but immediately thought:

"This sleeve is clearly designed for the smaller Tab."

Not too happy about this. Bait and switch.

EDIT: Adding on to this as I feel burned about it since all I want is a sleeve and not a case

From the spec sheet:

Tablet: 10.3"(W) x 7.1"(H) x 0.35"(D)

Sleeve:10.8"(W) x 7.2"(H) x 0.2"(D)

OH, I WONDER WHY IT DOESN'T FIT?

I'm glad that woot has become like ebay and I have to use my detective skills to make sure I don't get suckered. You can also notice that the photos do not show the tablet in the sleeve.

After tweaking the LayerPaint app, I've found that I even have more control and now I'm considering doing some real work from this thing! I'm going to enter some artwork into a contest, and have decided to use the Note as my digital medium for the work I'll submit. Here's a quick screen shot of one of the anime inspired character designs I'm doing...really really impressed with the amount of control and pressure sensitivity I have.

Also, you can tell from the image info that the artwork size is 2820x1720 in size....that is pretty darn massive for working multiple layers of artwork on a tablet. Very happy.

Gamrz Podcast Show

sohmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sohmc

Got my Galaxy Note yesterday (Tuesday) and completed all updates (e.g. jellybean, on-board apps, etc). Finally started playing with S Note with modicum of success. I can't really get the hang of writing notes on the page.

The handwriting recognition is surprisingly accurate. I have pretty messy handwriting and the Note actually picks up on what I'm writing. My guess is that it's not actually matching what you write but the strokes and flourishes you make with your pen.

My biggest problem right now is trying to change the font...

JussaIrish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JussaIrish

I complained about the sleeve, got a $10 refund. Good enough for me to keep on wooting.