WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kodak Alkaline Batteries 72pk AA or AAA

Speed to First Woot:
1m 16.664s
First Sucker:
lottogoo
Last Wooter to Woot:
magichentaiclub
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 40% of Woot.com Woots
Top 15% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 2% of Woot.com Woots
Top 1% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 10% first woot
  • 9% second woot
  • 35% < 10 woots
  • 23% < 25 woots
  • 24% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 6% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 14% one year old
  • 77% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 71% bought 1
  • 21% bought 2
  • 8% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
3%
2%
1%
2%
3%
7%
9%
11%
9%
7%
6%
5%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


wootalyzer


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Kodak Xtralife Alkaline Batteries - 72pk
$14.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

lichme


quality posts: 2829 Private Messages lichme

Always nice to have some spare batteries just in case. Pretty good reviews here

Any expiration on these?

pinchecat


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

I might be in for a set of these just to support the dying Kodak. Such a sad story of short-sighted corporate strategy...having to hawk patents to survive is never a solid business plan. Last thing sold will certainly be the famous name. RIP.

readymade


quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

Only 3 things are certain in life...death , taxes, and you're going to need batteries. Throw struggling Kodak a bone and grab some if you need some.

I got something better than luck.

StanleyS


quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
pinchecat wrote:Last thing sold will certainly be the famous name. RIP.

And I can't wait for the first piece of crappy, Chinese-made junk to have the Kodak name to be featured here on Woot.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff


Hey all, I'm testing out a listing for Plus deals. See my signature and go to that thread. Tell me what you think (in that thread, pls).



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tom61


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tom61
lichme wrote:Any expiration on these?



The photo shows 2019 on the lower right package. If those are the same lot as what ships, you have a mere 6 years to get through all 72 of them.

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3447 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

After testing 30 different batteries, hackaday.com seem to like these

http://hackaday.com/2012/09/14/testing-30-brands-of-batteries/


snang


quality posts: 3 Private Messages snang

At least they're alkaline. The last bulk batteries I bought were not. The life was terrible.

I'm in for one. Can never have too many batteries around. Well, you probably could but you get the idea.

luke975


quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
tom61 wrote:The photo shows 2019 on the lower right package. If those are the same lot as what ships, you have a mere 6 years to get through all 72 of them.



you could give some as presents?

I always did like yardsales.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tom61 wrote:The photo shows 2019 on the lower right package. If those are the same lot as what ships, you have a mere 6 years to get through all 72 of them.



The features state:

Best if used by 2018

We know y'all ask that question. We're ready for you.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

baybei


quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

I get a charge out of batteries

Soapie0


quality posts: 17 Private Messages Soapie0
snang wrote:At least they're alkaline. The last bulk batteries I bought were not. The life was terrible.

I'm in for one. Can never have too many batteries around. Well, you probably could but you get the idea.



Yeah, I bought the crappy batteries last time, too. We always need batteries, but the last Woot battery deal makes me super skittish now. It's a hassle to change batteries every five minutes...

Misty Walker

redspecial


quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
baybei wrote:I get a charge out of batteries



Ugh! You should be ashamed of that one! ;)

caferace


quality posts: 1 Private Messages caferace

Someday, woot will show us some AAA love ... just not today.

fartfile


quality posts: 2 Private Messages fartfile
caferace wrote:Someday, woot will show us some AAA love ... just not today.



If you select AAA in the order screen you'll get your love.

skou


quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
readymade wrote:Only 2 things are certain in life...death, and taxes.



And, congress can't screw up death!

steve

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

caferace wrote:Someday, woot will show us some AAA love ... just not today.



We do! Just choose the Battery type you want from the dropdown box:



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

junexwong


quality posts: 0 Private Messages junexwong

Why not I am in for a AA and a AAA

IndyEd


quality posts: 1 Private Messages IndyEd

In for one of each! Give me liberty or give me batteries!

jsjsnowbirds


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsjsnowbirds
junexwong wrote:Why not I am in for a AA and a AAA



But can you order one of each in one order?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jsjsnowbirds wrote:But can you order one of each in one order?



You bet! Choose your quantity first. You'll be given a dropdown box for each one so you can choose what you want.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

charliecarroll


quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
tom61 wrote:The photo shows 2019 on the lower right package. If those are the same lot as what ships, you have a mere 6 years to get through all 72 of them.



On my personal experience (so far) I purchased the AA and the AAA back on Dec. 10. Have not used any AA yet but put two AAA in my TV remote. Remotes usually are not battery eaters and mine certainly has not been in the past with battery life being several months. However, the first set of these I put in the remote lasted only about 30 days. Second set has not been in quite that long yet so time will tell. It may have just been one or both of the first two but I am having some concerns about the life of these. Has anyone else had similar or better experience with these?

Kitaman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kitaman
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all, I'm testing out a listing for Plus deals. See my signature and go to that thread. Tell me what you think (in that thread, pls).



The Kids woot has 'home' in the title. Kind of confusing and I don't have kids, but I'm clicking because of the home reference.

"Home - Kitchen - Kids" Maybe move Kids to the front and delete 'Home' as we know its 'kid's wwot'.

One more thing if you post the Woot origin (e.g. kitchen to Home Kitchen) could help navigation. Good job and I will make your page my access page instead of clicking all those woot pages. I like it.

evilnissan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilnissan

With a 3 month old everything seems to take a odd number batteries. 3 in the pump, 3 in the swing... And the 6 pack I just got for 6.99...

criticalcritic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages criticalcritic
jsjsnowbirds wrote:But can you order one of each in one order?


This.

If I'm buying that many batteries (in packs of 24), I want to have 1 pack of one and 2 packs of the other (doesn't really matter which way it's split since I will go through them eventually). I really don't care to buy 144 at the same time since it will be too much trouble cramming all of that into my kitchen drawer with everything else (and I'll lose them if I put them anywhere else).

criticalcritic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages criticalcritic
ThunderThighs wrote:You bet! Choose your quantity first. You'll be given a dropdown box for each one so you can choose what you want.



Maybe I'm mistaken, but that seems to require two orders of 72.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

criticalcritic wrote:Maybe I'm mistaken, but that seems to require two orders of 72.



Oh, yeah. You can only order them in the 72 packs. We can't split packs.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jptraub


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jptraub

I always seem to run out of batteries ...good timing Woot, as I am off next week to go on vacation!

billthegunowner


quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

This is a good deal. I bought these last time around on Woot. It's so handy to have a good supply of AAA's on hand, (4) TV remotes, (2)cable box remotes, (3) stereo remotes, (2) DVD remotes, wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, (2) cordless radar detectors, (2) garage door openers, And of course the Staples Easy button.

Bill

jaymanmsu


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaymanmsu
pinchecat wrote:I might be in for a set of these just to support the dying Kodak. Such a sad story of short-sighted corporate strategy...having to hawk patents to survive is never a solid business plan. Last thing sold will certainly be the famous name. RIP.



Kodak fell into the classic trap of not adopting a new technology (or adopting it soon enough) because it threatens the technology so much of their current business depends on. See also: Blockbuster, Digital Equipment Corporation, and Microsoft 20 years from now.

Note: Kodak did not fail because they did not sell digital cameras. They sold a ton of them. The problem was they were so late to the party that the only segment they could take over was the low-cost market. If you wanted a camera and photo printer for under $149 five years ago, Kodak was your only option. Unfortunately, if you wanted anything decent you went with Canon, Nikon, or even Sony or Fujifilm (and I'm missing a few others, but that's not the point. The point is Kodak was not in this group). Even their digital camera strategy was tied into a recurring cost business model as opposed to the up-front model that even Fujifilm went to. They had to know their cash cow of getting $5 revenue for every 36 pictures taken (so roughly 15 cents revenue per picture) would quickly fall to a product that could cost less than 1 cent per picture over its lifetime. That's even including the DSLR market.

Now why did I spend all this time typing this post on a woot thread for batteries?

thecaptainh00k


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecaptainh00k

I bought 2 sets of these last time, the AAs and AAAs. Use the AAs for my xbox controller and the AAAs for my turtlebeach headphones.
The battery life on these is decent. This set is a way better deal for my money than going to the store and spending 15 on a pack of Duracell or Energizer Lithium's.
I've only used probably a 3rd of my original order, will definitely pick up again when I get low on inventory.

pukeboy


quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
charliecarroll wrote:On my personal experience (so far) I purchased the AA and the AAA back on Dec. 10. Have not used any AA yet but put two AAA in my TV remote. Remotes usually are not battery eaters and mine certainly has not been in the past with battery life being several months. However, the first set of these I put in the remote lasted only about 30 days. Second set has not been in quite that long yet so time will tell. It may have just been one or both of the first two but I am having some concerns about the life of these. Has anyone else had similar or better experience with these?



30 days? That's terrible for alkaline batteries, even (first-generation, 1000x) eneloops last longer than that in my remotes and they usually sit for months between recharge and use.

Problem is, there are still some rubbish devices that doesn't like rechargeables due to their lower voltage.


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

pukeboy


quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
jaymanmsu wrote:Kodak fell into the classic trap of not adopting a new technology (or adopting it soon enough) because it threatens the technology so much of their current business depends on. See also: Blockbuster, Digital Equipment Corporation, and Microsoft 20 years from now.

Note: Kodak did not fail because they did not sell digital cameras. They sold a ton of them. The problem was they were so late to the party that the only segment they could take over was the low-cost market. If you wanted a camera and photo printer for under $149 five years ago, Kodak was your only option. Unfortunately, if you wanted anything decent you went with Canon, Nikon, or even Sony or Fujifilm (and I'm missing a few others, but that's not the point. The point is Kodak was not in this group). Even their digital camera strategy was tied into a recurring cost business model as opposed to the up-front model that even Fujifilm went to. They had to know their cash cow of getting $5 revenue for every 36 pictures taken (so roughly 15 cents revenue per picture) would quickly fall to a product that could cost less than 1 cent per picture over its lifetime. That's even including the DSLR market.

Now why did I spend all this time typing this post on a woot thread for batteries?



So you're saying companies like Schick and Gillette will die if the sonic razor is invented?


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

rialtus


quality posts: 4 Private Messages rialtus

Hmm... this wasn't the AA meeting I was looking for. Moving on.

mardrav


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mardrav

Buyer Beware - I bought 3 boxes (yes, it came in plain brown boxes)in Dec. Went to get some out a few days ago and found a couple batteries leaking. went through the other two boxes and found another couple batteries leaking in another box.

The use by date was 2019. I would return the other two boxes back to woot but it's not worth the hassle. I threw away the leakers (4 out of 48) and cleaned up the other ones surrounding them.

Stay away from the Kodak batteries. I have used the Panasonic and AC Delco without any problems.

mikel135


quality posts: 11 Private Messages mikel135

I always see these and think, "I won't need that many." Then, when I do need a few, I go to the store and pay nearly the same price for a pack of eight.

Bottom line, I'm in for one of each.

inhymn4him


quality posts: 0 Private Messages inhymn4him

Love the Woot! But save your money this time guys. I bought these the last go around to use in my shotgun mics and portable video displays that I use for shooting sports events. These poor little AA's couldn't make it through one entire game of football or Lacrosse this season. I was forced to put fresh batteries in at every half so I ended up using more than twice as many batteries than usual. My recommendation is buy the Walgreens Alkaline brand 24 ct when on sale. They last longer and are dependable. If your looking just for an inexpensive battery then these Kodak's are your man. Have a blessed day!

FlamingoNut


quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
mardrav wrote:
Stay away from the Kodak batteries. I have used the Panasonic and AC Delco without any problems.



Agreed. Kodak batteries are the worst. They're the anti-Energizer. If they were free, I still wouldn't take them.