WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Environment: Home

Remember all those comics and sci-fi novels that predicted our great-great-grandkids would be superhuman? And they'd be immune to cold and heat? Ha ha! Sorry, tomorrow-babies, your genes will never exist thanks to these fans and heaters and humidifiers! We'll be comfortable today, and you'll be normal tomorrow.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Gatzby wrote:These humidifiers should work great for recreating an alien swamp environment. Now, where can I get a deal on rebel spaceships?
I'm just hanging out, really.

djdharma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djdharma

On Amazon for $87.95. C'mon Woot, lets get real on these prices.

hoosiercub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hoosiercub

Bought me a Dyson mid last year, it's been on pretty much since I received it. Works great, the noise does take some getting used to, it will irk some buyers.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

djdharma wrote:On Amazon for $87.95. C'mon Woot, lets get real on these prices.

Wait! What?!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ranavain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ranavain
djdharma wrote:On Amazon for $87.95. C'mon Woot, lets get real on these prices.

Yeah, plus $17.89 shipping. Pretty comparable.

fuse404

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fuse404

My electric radiator has a short so I'm looking for a cheap heater, just something to keep my room above 60f at night.

Anyone got a recommendation between the Vornado and Holmes heaters currently on sale?

bolts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bolts

I'm using 2 of the vornado heaters in an open space about 20x15 feet and about 25 feet high and my electric heater barely comes on they made a huge difference. Especially helpful to circulate the heat is the best part for my application and they are very very quiet too. I can highly recommend them.

fuse404 wrote:My electric radiator has a short so I'm looking for a cheap heater, just something to keep my room above 60f at night.

Anyone got a recommendation between the Vornado and Holmes heaters currently on sale?

emschelle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages emschelle

Hey! I have that Holmes heater under my desk Right Now!

I'd say it's worth the $25.

It's compact, keeps your legs warm without fear of burning the place down, and turns itself off if you tip it over while trying to turn it off with your feet (not that I ever do that). I am one of those types that is perpetually cold and so I can deal with having it under my desk; it used to keep my little bedroom warm at night before it found its way into my office.

Just to add, mine's been running faithfully for the last six years now with no problems.

alextse

quality posts: 23 Private Messages alextse

Highly recommend the Vornados for heating. They can heat up an entire room and keep the temperature fairly even throughout. No big glowing heating element, comfortable to the touch, and the fan has a low hum so it's not annoying.

On the flip side, I can't stand the high pitched whine of the Dyson fans. I really wanted to like them due to the no blades but the pitch is really invasive and annoying.

cristinamic11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cristinamic11

Any feedback on the rainforest...I mean humidifier? Will I forget I'm in the Midwest during winter with it on? Will it sound like a hurricane?

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
cristinamic11 wrote:Any feedback on the rainforest...I mean humidifier? Will I forget I'm in the Midwest during winter with it on? Will it sound like a hurricane?

And will the mist it generates set off my smoke alarm? (Bathroom steam does, so I'm worried this might too.)

Barrelguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barrelguy

woot should remove sold out Items as head liners , they are a waste of my time and irritating teasers reducing my enthusiasiam for wooing

Bourbon Barrel Magnet

Joshua714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joshua714
Barrelguy wrote:woot should remove sold out Items as head liners , they are a waste of my time and irritating teasers reducing my enthusiasiam for wooing

I agree! It is very irritating to click on Woot's email (as it's just received) and find new item already sold out. I'm guessing that woot just doesn't over commit to too much inventory. But irritating never the less.

David

archerman2000

quality posts: 8 Private Messages archerman2000

I bought the homlmes twin heater on woot the other day. Two things I don't like, no tip over protection and the high and low don't seem to effect fan speed.. other then that, no smell, relatively quite and seems to work well.

GhostXIII

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GhostXIII

This is probably a longshot by this point, but has anyone had issues with shipping on any of the items in this event? I picked up a Vornado that was inexplicably sent back to woot. No word on what happened to it and I had to open a trouble ticket even after woot had received the returned item.

I got a very brief reply from "customer service" which amounted to, "Sorry about your luck, but you'll have to wait until after the Woot-Off, at which time we'll check our inventory and [if you're lucky] we'll see what happens then." I've since sent in a reply asking for further assistance/info and have yet to hear back.

The kicker is I still don't even know what happened. So, here I am wondering if anyone here has any info and/or had a similar experience with any of the items in this event, as I'm apparently not on speaking terms with our customer service friends @ woot.com.