WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What’s your favorite conspiracy theory?
  • 16.9% - The JFK stuff. Fascinating to read. 307
  • 22.8% - Aliens! Even the obvious lies are still fun! 415
  • 20.3% - Ancient civilizations, like Atlantis. I love the crazy maps. 370
  • 9.8% - Sci-fi kinda stuff, like the Philadelphia Experiment. 178
  • 10.3% - The one where Jay-Z runs the Illuminati. Boy, I hope that’s real. 187
  • 2.2% - Some other conspiracy I’ll share in the comments. 40
  • 17.8% - SHUT UP ALL OF THESE ARE TRUE FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG 324
1821 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

Man did not land on the moon and I can easily prove it.
Fact: the moon is made of cheese.
Fact: Man likes cheese.
Therefore, man did not land on the moon. If he did we would have gone back to mine the cheese.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

SlenderMan

danthyros

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danthyros

All of these conspiracies are a fnord bunch of baloney.

brumagem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brumagem

History professor told me most historians believe in at least one stupid crazy conspiracy theory.

It's like fan-fiction, but for history nerds instead of other-stuff nerds.

piskami

quality posts: 7 Private Messages piskami

If Hitler can burn a building down and blame it on the communist in order to invade. Well 70 years later I am sure there is worse evil.

9/11 was an inside job.
JFK was murdered by the elite.
Russia has asked Obama to tell the truth on aliens.
JayZ isn't even near the middle of the Illuminati - just a pawn.

Now, to curl up in my aluminum lined blanket and sleep.

plink22lr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plink22lr

About the moon landing conspiracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU&list=FLVWgj_w9tGl-ZeCVsttl33Q&index=3

minor NSFW language

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

The Masonic stuff just kills me.

I would like to know how a bunch of men with an average age of about 75, that can barely drive a car and can not agree on what brand of coffee to drink after meetings or if they should have cake or pie, can possibly rule the world. most of these guys need permission from their wives just to go to a meeting.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
bblhed wrote:The Masonic stuff just kills me.

I would like to know how a bunch of men with an average age of about 75, that can barely drive a car and can not agree on what brand of coffee to drink after meetings or if they should have cake or pie, can possibly rule the world. most of these guys need permission from their wives just to go to a meeting.

It's a common misconception. The Masons are not THE group, they are only used as a feeder group for occasional recruitment. Even then, only a tiny fraction of a percent are ever recruited. The rest of them are just regular Masons going about their business with absolutely no knowledge of any extracurricular activities.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
piskami wrote:If Hitler can burn a building down and blame it on the communist in order to invade. Well 70 years later I am sure there is worse evil.
[snip]

That was in order to assume emergency powers, suspend Wiemar Constitutional rights, and basically become a temporary dictator to keep people safe from the Communist terrorists. It was the false flag attack on the radio station (along with a couple other faked things) used to justify the start of the war.

On the night of 31 August 1939, a small group of German operatives, dressed in Polish uniforms and led by Naujocks,[2] seized the Gleiwitz station and broadcast a short anti-German message in Polish (sources vary on the content of the message). The Germans' goal was to make the attack and the broadcast look like the work of anti-German Polish saboteurs.[2][3]

To make the attack seem more convincing, the Germans brought in Franciszek Honiok, a German Silesian known for sympathizing with the Poles, who had been arrested the previous day by the Gestapo. Honiok was dressed to look like a saboteur; then killed by lethal injection, given gunshot wounds, and left dead at the scene, so that he appeared to have been killed while attacking the station. His corpse was subsequently presented as proof of the attack to the police and press.[4]

This provocation was the best-known of several actions in Operation Himmler, a series of unconventional operations undertaken by the SS in order to serve specific propaganda goals of Na zi Germany at the outbreak of the war. It was intended to create the appearance of Polish aggression against Germany in order to justify the subsequent invasion of Poland.

The truth was admitted during the Nurenberg trials.

efiore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages efiore

The Lincoln conspiracy ... not a big secret but a fascinating story.

mrgargoyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgargoyle
SHUT UP ALL OF THESE ARE TRUE FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG

Airing right now on USA network: Burn Notice episode 10, "False Flag"

Coincidence?

fubar1982

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fubar1982

The Flat Earth Society seems like a fun group

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Alex Jones is my idol...

I just puked a little typing that out. I get the "luxury" of carpooling with an avid Alex Jones fan and the crap that spews from his mouth amazes me. I believe in me share of conspiracies (some 9/11 stuff really doesn't add up for me), but so many of these ideas out there are soooo far fetched. Like I often see a strong electrical pull blow circuits 15 minutes after its over... *sigh*

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

Buysharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buysharp
mrgargoyle wrote:Airing right now on USA network: Burn Notice episode 10, "False Flag"

Coincidence?

::snort::

Buysharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buysharp

I LOVE THEM ALL!!!

I don't believe any of them,... or well, maybe a 10th of a couple of them. (I found the whole Atlantis possibility fascinating.)

I confess I read one of the Kennedy conspiracy books. And c'mon, raise your hands, y'all KNOW you at least read a chapter of "Chariots of the Gods." (or am I dating myself here?) I even tried to struggle through (non-finishing) "Holy Blood, Holy Grail."

I call these traits in myself, my Oliver Stone moments. :-)

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban
Buysharp wrote:I LOVE THEM ALL!!!

I confess I read one of the Kennedy conspiracy books. And c'mon, raise your hands, y'all KNOW you at least read a chapter of "Chariots of the Gods." (or am I dating myself here?) I even tried to struggle through (non-finishing) "Holy Blood, Holy Grail."

I call these traits in myself, my Oliver Stone moments. :-)

(Sheepishly raising my hand).

Do you all know about the podcast "Stuff They Don't Want You to Know"? It's my weekly fix to fuel my conspiracy theory addiction. It's brilliant...and a little creepy.

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk

My favorite?

Pyrex will explode spontaneously.

swivan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swivan

Every now and then one of my socks is gone missing. No one I know swiped them, but they are gone forever. Do I believe in alien thieves. Heck yes! Bastards!

easpangler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages easpangler

My favorite -- Woot polls are phishing tools used to secretly identify the weirdest nerds to colonize Mars.

nanderhoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanderhoff

Well it's a well know fact that there's a group of the five wealthiest people in the world known as the pentaverate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers. And meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion known as, the Meadows. So who's in this pentaverate?
The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettes, The Rothchilds and Col. Sanders before he went teats up.

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103

Ghost hunters---they crack me up.

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103

Oops, I forgot all about the biggest one---Astrology. And for all you horoscope readers, here's a link---
http://intentious.com/2011/07/04/you-may-not-realise-it-but-your-zodiac-sign-has-changed/

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I don't think you know what a False Flag is. Not that wiki is really a reliable source, but here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

The biggest conspiracy is the "safety" promised to us if we will just continue to neglect our rights. The apathy abounding, thereby condoning the juggernauts who ignore our rights, particularly those guaranteed to be respected by the founding documents of our great republic, is staggering.

Alex Jones does appear to be crazy, but I suspect he was made that way by the crazy world. (The only sane reaction to an insane world very closely resembles insanity.) Listen more to what he says than how he says it. ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

cll1928

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cll1928

Is Beyonce real?

MSSteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MSSteve

My favorite conspiracy: The moon landing. The Ruskies were first in every space age milestone: first launch into space, first animal in space, first person, etc. Then with the computer power of a Texas Instrument calculator, they land on the moon. And for some reason, the only views we get are from that lone monitor down in Cape Canaveral. Every picture the astronauts took was immaculate, pre-focused, and centered perfectly, with the same moon hill in the back ground. Great effort, I've got to say... and it brought down the Soviet empire 20 years later.
For me: the moon landing

marowniom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marowniom

LIBOR banking linked with Batman and Connecticut school shootings

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus
photobobk wrote:My favorite?

Pyrex will explode spontaneously.

Not a theory, proved on TV. Just put a hot dish on a wet counter and boom!! Did it once years ago but no one believed me until they saw it on Miss Buster.

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus
easpangler wrote:My favorite -- Woot polls are phishing tools used to secretly identify the weirdest nerds to colonize Mars.

Again, not a theory! You are on the list!

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

You forgot the 9/11 one. People went in every night and cut beams and then the plane hit just the right spot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hosesplus wrote:Again, not a theory! You are on the list!

Wow, I never thought of that.
I take back my vote!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Les Silvan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Les Silvan

I want to go

jca71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jca71

For me it's TWA Flight 800. For sure brought down by friendly fire.

easpangler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages easpangler

Hope Marvin hosts the welcoming kegger!

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Ever watch Ancient Aliens on the History/H2 channel? Total BS but really interesting & fun to watch. I didn't even know half that stuff existed until I watched the show.

My favorite is to watch Erich Von Daniken go on a tangent or seeing how bad of a fake tan Giorgio A. Tsoukalos is sporting.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
nanderhoff wrote:Well it's a well know fact that there's a group of the five wealthiest people in the world known as the pentaverate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers. And meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion known as, the Meadows. So who's in this pentaverate?
The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettes, The Rothchilds and Col. Sanders before he went teats up.

I hated the Colonel with his wee beady eyes!

dinajames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinajames

moon landing...there were two sources of light casting shadows

love it

dinajames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinajames
hosesplus wrote:Not a theory, proved on TV. Just put a hot dish on a wet counter and boom!! Did it once years ago but no one believed me until they saw it on Miss Buster.

I just bought a set from Woot the $69 one. I used the pie pan oven to counter top. It exploded it was a little scary had my kids been in the kitchen they could have been seriously hurt.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
ckeilah wrote:I don't think you know what a False Flag is. Not that wiki is really a reliable source, but here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

The biggest conspiracy is the "safety" promised to us if we will just continue to neglect our rights. The apathy abounding, thereby condoning the juggernauts who ignore our rights, particularly those guaranteed to be respected by the founding documents of our great republic, is staggering.

Alex Jones does appear to be crazy, but I suspect he was made that way by the crazy world. (The only sane reaction to an insane world very closely resembles insanity.) Listen more to what he says than how he says it. ;-)

Yawn,you do make me sleepy.

lovejunkie00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lovejunkie00
dinajames wrote:moon landing...there were two sources of light casting shadows

love it

me too