3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LifeSmart Heater or Fireplace
$49.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

How many HDMI inputs does this have?

;)

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Heater has some pretty good reviews (3.5 star/44) on Amazon

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

Amazon shows the fireplace as "Lifesmart Dual Mount 800 Square Foot"

So which is it? 800 or 1000?

Home Depot also states 800.

"The new Lifesmart Wall Hanging Infrared Fireplace is Picture Perfect. This unique picture frame fireplace is also a powerful infrared heater rated to heat a room up to 800 square feet."

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/lifesmart-multi-function-infared-fireplace-1500-watt-infrared-wall-portable-heater-fireplace-with-tv-stand-dual-mount-and-remote-l-ef450-combo.html

[MOD: Per the box, it is 1000 sq ft.]

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

Can the heater be plugged into a regular old outlet timer to heat up the room when I'm not there? Is it's amperage to high or does that not matter for timers?

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

coolbreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolbreeze

I don't quite get the "three element" deal. If it has only two wattage outputs, why three elements?

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

OK, cool to the touch is good for the cats, but my concern is, how easy would it be for them to tip it over? I'm using a tower style heater now that has a pretty wide base and they still manage to knock it over. Also, mine has a shut of switch so if it is knocked over, it doesn't keep running and pose a fire hazard. Anyone know if this happens to have that? I don't trust my little balls of fur not to try knocking this over the first chance they get, lol

coolbreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolbreeze
doomtothee wrote:Can the heater be plugged into a regular old outlet timer to heat up the room when I'm not there? Is it's amperage to high or does that not matter for timers?

At 1500 watts, the unit will draw about 12 amps. Check the rating on your timer.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pretty good (4.3 out of 5.0) reviews on the heater over at tigerdirect

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2759260

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

If it were a Television that pulled double dooty as a wall mounted space heater then it would be super cool.

prttymf8

baybei wrote:OK, cool to the touch is good for the cats, but my concern is, how easy would it be for them to tip it over? I'm using a tower style heater now that has a pretty wide base and they still manage to knock it over. Also, mine has a shut of switch so if it is knocked over, it doesn't keep running and pose a fire hazard. Anyone know if this happens to have that? I don't trust my little balls of fur not to try knocking this over the first chance they get, lol

I don't see a reference to it in the user manual beyond overheat protection. So I guess once it's on fire, it will turn off.

http://lifesmartproducts.com/images//manuals/fireplaces/LS-EF450_Manual.pdf

They also say "Please be cautious if you are set on mounting the heater low to the floor, as it may become a safety hazard to children and pets!"

Nex_Angelus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nex_Angelus

It does in fact have a sensor that shuts it off when knocked over, I got one from tigerdirect, and it arrived faulty sadly. The fan wouldn't turn on and it would just shut after about 45 seconds of being on and overheating. So I can't speak of it's effectiveness.

NCrebel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NCrebel
doomtothee wrote:Can the heater be plugged into a regular old outlet timer to heat up the room when I'm not there? Is it's amperage to high or does that not matter for timers?

From my own research two months ago heaters, (like these two) that are digital instead of, "plug and play" will not function with a timer. I have a plug and play lifesmart model L-SIFST-S, that works well with a Lux WIN100 for keeping the temperature where I want it at different times, (day or night) plus it shuts down the power to the unit completely. You could use a heave duty timer like an Intermatic TN311 with plug and play heaters but there would be no thermostatic control with a regular timer.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
pupyluvr wrote:If it were a Television that pulled double dooty as a wall mounted space heater then it would be super cool.

They call those tube televisions. Society decided that those were no longer efficient enough. ;-)

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

engelwood39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages engelwood39

Amazon shows the fireplace as "Lifesmart Dual Mount 800 Square Foot"

"The new Lifesmart Wall Hanging Infrared Fireplace is Picture Perfect. This unique picture frame fireplace is also a powerful infrared heater rated to heat a room up to 800 square feet."

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/lifesmart-multi-function-infared-fireplace-1500-watt-infrared-wall-portable-heater-fireplace-with-tv-stand-dual-mount-and-remote-l-ef450-combo.html

[MOD: This was the information we had from the vendor. We will contact them in the morning to double check the specs. That information isn't available on the LifeSmart site.]

My guess is one is based off a 8 ft. ceiling and the other off a 10 ft. ceiling. Since it is a square ft. rating but they actually have to rate off a cubic ft. rating. A Square ft. rating is more relate-able for the consumer because it is often known information.

e.g.: Cubic ft. of (10ft. x 10ft.) with an 8 ft. ceiling is the same cubic ft. as a (10ft x 8ft.) with a 10 ft. ceiling.

Just a possible guess?

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

wow that's an amazing price on the fireplace, especially pinned against home depot which would be roughly 60%~ off...it's even 33%~ cheaper than the mothership.

it's amazing that i was JUST looking to buy something like this too...when my fingers get cold playing my piano becomes a painful endeavor.

question though, i remember woot selling one a few days ago that was actually able to only display the flames with the heat off, just for show. is this heater capable of doing this...say, if it's a warm summer night but i just want the fake fire to look at?

if not, can anyone point me to that particular model which can? thanks :D

prttymf8

engelwood39 wrote:Amazon shows the fireplace as "Lifesmart Dual Mount 800 Square Foot"

[MOD: This was the information we had from the vendor. We will contact them in the morning to double check the specs. That information isn't available on the LifeSmart site.]

My guess is one is based off a 8 ft. ceiling and the other off a 10 ft. ceiling. Since it is a square ft. rating but they actually have to rate off a cubic ft. rating. A Square ft. rating is more relate-able for the consumer because it is often known information.

e.g.: Cubic ft. of (10ft. x 10ft.) with an 8 ft. ceiling is the same cubic ft. as a (10ft x 8ft.) with a 10 ft. ceiling.

Just a possible guess?

Let's just call it 900 and call it a night.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

prttymf8 wrote:Let's just call it 900 and call it a night.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk
engelwood39 wrote:Amazon shows the fireplace as "Lifesmart Dual Mount 800 Square Foot"

The amount of area a space heater can reasonably heat is affected by many factors such as how well insulated a room is, if a fan used to help distribute the heat, and how cold it gets outside. If you live someplace like California where the outside temp doesn't get much below 40 or 50 for the most part, you can heat a lot more space than you would further north where sub freezing temps even during the day is common. For example I use another Lifesmart model with the same heat rating with a tower fan to circulate the air better in north central Montana in a room space that is roughly 500-550 sq feet with average insulation. It will keep the room comfortable without needing the furnace to kick in until the outside temp is near 0F or lower. Keep in mind these heaters are not intended to replace a dedicated full house furnace.

mike999990

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mike999990
pupyluvr wrote:If it were a Television that pulled double dooty as a wall mounted space heater then it would be super cool.

You are looking for a plasma tv I believe...

joelle54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelle54
prttymf8 wrote:Amazon shows the fireplace as "Lifesmart Dual Mount 800 Square Foot"

[MOD: This was the information we had from the vendor. Amazon actually has it both ways. We will contact the vendor in the morning to double check the specs. That information isn't available on the LifeSmart site.]

There's two models the LS-EF450 which is 1000 square feet and the one on Woot which is listed under specs as L-EF450 which is 800 square feet. But is the one on woot really the LS-EF450? Hmmmm

jfragland76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfragland76

I poop too much, and therefore spend alot of time on the pooper. My preferred bathroom is a bit roomy, plenty of elbow room, about a 12x18x8. This is part of an addition to the house and the current furnace doesn't quite throw enough gusto out, I understand this heater would be sufficient in keeping this room warm but would it be enough to keep my porcelain warm as well? I'm absolutely tired of shivering on a cold seat while I'm taking care of business. As of now, I've placed each one of the ends of the seat inside a tube sock, which does help somewhat but still, the back of the seat is awfully chilly when my plump hiney goes past the socks. Any input is appreciated.

RandomMike

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RandomMike

Should have said "Well, guess what, lukewarm nudists? LifeSmart just called your BUFF."

Mike

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

hah hah...how can a heater be cool?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
jfragland76 wrote:I poop too much, and therefore spend alot of time on the pooper. My preferred bathroom is a bit roomy, plenty of elbow room, about a 12x18x8. This is part of an addition to the house and the current furnace doesn't quite throw enough gusto out, I understand this heater would be sufficient in keeping this room warm but would it be enough to keep my porcelain warm as well? I'm absolutely tired of shivering on a cold seat while I'm taking care of business. As of now, I've placed each one of the ends of the seat inside a tube sock, which does help somewhat but still, the back of the seat is awfully chilly when my plump hiney goes past the socks. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks for, ah, sharing.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

RandomMike

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RandomMike

Next he's going to post that on the tub sock forum.

Mike

jmjet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmjet

But all you need for that is a plasma TV. Mine does does a great job at both. ;P

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

800 vs 1000 sq ft

Per the box, the one we are selling can heat an area up 1000 sq ft.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

I'm afraid the Lifesmart LS-EF450 fireplace manual/owner's guide doesn't provide much in the way of direct answers to a few of the questons raised.

It seems the control instructions are basic:

• Press O/I button once to turn on the heat and fire effect. The LED lights will light up to indicate that it is ON.

• Press the 750W button once for the low heat settings; press twice to switch off this heat setting.

• Press the 1500W button once for the high heat settings; press twice to switch off this heat setting.

The Amazon listing clearly states the L-EF450 Combo can be used without the heating elements.

"Enjoy the beauty of the flame and burning embers year round since the Dual Mount Heater can be used with or without the heating feature."

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53

Seems no different from other space heaters according to wattage used and heat output..
I would be concerned about plastic panels and out gassing of petro chemicals...
Better off with something metal and built to last..

whatawhiner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whatawhiner

So here's what's probably a dumb question. Will an infrared heater keep my wife warm if all her "untamed human flesh" is unexposed under blankets at night or warm up a room while she's out of the house, or is really most effective if you're hanging around it like a sun lamp?

dclarkchem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dclarkchem

TigerDirect has it for $39.95 (after rebate) and free shipping!

halnwheels

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halnwheels

That would depend not only on how much current this uses, but the power handling capabilities of your timer. How would anyone here know the second part?

loofmai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loofmai

Any estimates available for annual energy costs?

tommytom02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tommytom02

A TV that gets only one channel and overheats. Pass.

L2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L2
jfragland76 wrote:I poop too much, and therefore spend alot of time on the pooper. My preferred bathroom is a bit roomy, plenty of elbow room, about a 12x18x8. This is part of an addition to the house and the current furnace doesn't quite throw enough gusto out, I understand this heater would be sufficient in keeping this room warm but would it be enough to keep my porcelain warm as well? I'm absolutely tired of shivering on a cold seat while I'm taking care of business. As of now, I've placed each one of the ends of the seat inside a tube sock, which does help somewhat but still, the back of the seat is awfully chilly when my plump hiney goes past the socks. Any input is appreciated.

Cool story bro.

Perception Management.

crowpatrol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crowpatrol
whatawhiner wrote:So here's what's probably a dumb question. Will an infrared heater keep my wife warm if all her "untamed human flesh" is unexposed under blankets at night or warm up a room while she's out of the house, or is really most effective if you're hanging around it like a sun lamp?

An Infrared (IR) heater does not heat air, but heats objects. The IR generated will pass through the air, and will heat those blankets wrapped around your hunny. (presuming it is pointed in that general direction.) Those heated objects then heat the air that contact them, thereby making the room feel warm. IR is considered to be a much more efficient way to heat because of this.

Crow Patrol

palehorse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palehorse

What's the lag-time on woot shipping these days? My only fear is that this wouldn't arrive until Spring... which is a little too late for a heater.

-ph-

ToejamFootball

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ToejamFootball
rhycochet wrote:

question though, i remember woot selling one a few days ago that was actually able to only display the flames with the heat off, just for show. is this heater capable of doing this...say, if it's a warm summer night but i just want the fake fire to look at?

Yes -- It says this in the Woot description - "Fireplace setting can be used with or without the heat setting"

ToeJamFootball