NortonsArk

quality posts: 13 Private Messages NortonsArk
jfragland76 wrote:I poop too much, and therefore spend alot of time on the pooper. My preferred bathroom is a bit roomy, plenty of elbow room, about a 12x18x8. This is part of an addition to the house and the current furnace doesn't quite throw enough gusto out, I understand this heater would be sufficient in keeping this room warm but would it be enough to keep my porcelain warm as well? I'm absolutely tired of shivering on a cold seat while I'm taking care of business. As of now, I've placed each one of the ends of the seat inside a tube sock, which does help somewhat but still, the back of the seat is awfully chilly when my plump hiney goes past the socks. Any input is appreciated.

The small unit should work great in your bathroom. They also make heated toilet seats. There are also heated units with a built in bidet. This would be ideal for one that "poops too much" (speaking from experience). Woot has sold them in the past at great prices, and I have seen them at Costco, though not lately.

falken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages falken

Fireplace:
$99.99
$199.99 67% off

How does 67% off $199.99 come to $99.99?

vatchman

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vatchman
jfragland76 wrote:I poop too much, and therefore spend alot of time on the pooper. My preferred bathroom is a bit roomy, plenty of elbow room, about a 12x18x8. This is part of an addition to the house and the current furnace doesn't quite throw enough gusto out, I understand this heater would be sufficient in keeping this room warm but would it be enough to keep my porcelain warm as well? I'm absolutely tired of shivering on a cold seat while I'm taking care of business. As of now, I've placed each one of the ends of the seat inside a tube sock, which does help somewhat but still, the back of the seat is awfully chilly when my plump hiney goes past the socks. Any input is appreciated.

I'm not touching this even with a glove.

BatCountry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BatCountry
mike999990 wrote:You are looking for a plasma tv I believe...

This.

0 quality posts and proud of it.

koolfooltattoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koolfooltattoo

Just lost $10 on Woot...

$39.99 on TigerDirect with mail-in rebate

aleeadair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aleeadair

Any more input would just lead to more output, which seems to be the problem in the first place...

hearthandbook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hearthandbook
koolfooltattoo wrote:Just lost $10 x2 on Woot...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2759260&SRCCODE=webbp1650&cm_lm=george@koolfool.com&cm_mmc=email-_-Retro-_-webbp1650-_-tigeremail1650&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=webbp1650

I just checked Tigerdirect out. Was ready to place my order when I saw I was being charged 9.47 in shipping. Also had to click around for rebate info and hope my 30 dollars back arrives. So my final total was 79.00 before rebate. I think I would rather pay a bit more here on WOOT and not worry over getting my 30 dollars back. Rebate was good for only one.

El Marko

quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko

Good question but wayyyy TMI (too much information)!

hearthandbook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hearthandbook
dclarkchem wrote:TigerDirect has it for $39.95 (after rebate) and free shipping!

I found the free shipping was for members of the Inner Circle costing 49.99 a year. I hunted for promo code for free shipping. Couldn't find any. I was going to need to pay 9.47 Did you experience free shipping? Tax added too. Not a great deal for me.

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

This deserves a quality post, or something. For the most bizarre intimate post ever.
Try electric sox...

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

mikel135

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mikel135

I'm trying to picture in mind if this would look good mounted on our fireplace that has been covered over by former residents. Hmm... might not be big enough.

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

thanks for the answers guys.

one more crucial question:
the wall-mountable fireplace...does it spew heat upwards, downwards, sideways or from all sides?

as in, kinda need to know to decide if it's feasible in the room i wanna put that thing up in...wouldn't want to singe my pretty light boxes or melt the corner off my closet, etc etc.

or worse: set myself ablaze in the middle of the night because my comforter caught fire.

marjorym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marjorym

Try one of the heated toilets from Brondell

http://brondell.com/

golncor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages golncor
jfragland76 wrote:.... I understand this heater would be sufficient in keeping this room warm but would it be enough to keep my porcelain warm as well? ....

your porcelain feels warm or cold based upon the ambient temperature of the room and the temperature of your skin is it touches the porcelain. if you kept the room warm enough ,then the porcelain would not feel cold. You could always put on something like what goes around water pipes to keep them from freezing.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jfragland76 wrote:I poop too much…

Worst DMB song ever.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 48 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
coolbreeze wrote:At 1500 watts, the unit will draw about 12 amps. Check the rating on your timer.

12.5 amps at 120V. If the voltage drops to 110, which is allowed in the US, it's pulling 13.6 amps. Best to look for a timer rated at 15 amps.

seedlessg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedlessg
loofmai wrote:Any estimates available for annual energy costs?

The Formula: To determine the cost of this or ANY 1500 watt appliance, use this formula (since 1500 watts = 1.5 KW) Use “1.5” X “(the cost of each KW hour on your bill)” = “the cost per hour of operation.

To calculate per hour: Take 1.5 X .10¢ (cost per kWh) = .15¢ per every hour you use the heater. Example: To calculate per day: Take .15¢ (cost per kWh) X 8 (average use per day if used properly) = $1.20 per day.

redzombie78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redzombie78

I bought a fireplace to hang on the wall in my living room. I guess I need to drill a hole to hide the cord? Secondly, is black our only option? I'd prefer the stainless look which comes up which I google the model.

redzombie78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redzombie78
falken wrote:Fireplace:
$99.99
$199.99 67% off

How does 67% off $199.99 come to $99.99?

My thoughts exactly. The fireplace sold out at Overstock for $129 so I am convinced its a good deal regardless of the math.

darcygrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darcygrab

Re the nudists, don't you mean LifeSmart called their BUFF? :-)
(from a Woot wannabe writer)

bethmarie58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethmarie58

If you go to the product website http://lifesmartproducts.com/current-products/infrared-fireplaces/l-ef450-combo.html 800 or 1000 that is the question It clearly states in bright red at the bottom of the page that

Product specifications and details are subject to change.

So I guess you get what you get on the whim of the manufacturer..lol

erictreesh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erictreesh
mike999990 wrote:You are looking for a plasma tv I believe...

No lie. When I turn on my plasma TV in the summer my AC goes into overdrive.

Eric
Augusta, GA

zikzak

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zikzak
halnwheels wrote:"That would depend not only on how much current this uses, but the power handling capabilities of your timer." How would anyone here know the second part?

The timer will have a rating printed on it. Compare that to the wattage of the heater to make sure the timer can handle it safely.

When you're at the store you will probably find timers sorted by regular and "heavy duty" or some label like that. Regular timers are for things like lamps. Heavy duty timers are for things like appliances and heaters that draw a lot of current. But ultimately you want to read the watt or amp ratings to make sure you are safe.

athemeus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages athemeus

Anyone have any idea on how effective this might be for providing a heat source on say a patio or balcony?

Kerlyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kerlyn

Does anyone have one of the fireplaces? I'd like to mount one in an unused real fireplace opening and need to know if the heat comes out of the front. If not, it wouldn't work in that build-in scenario.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
Kerlyn wrote:Does anyone have one of the fireplaces? I'd like to mount one in an unused real fireplace opening and need to know if the heat comes out of the front. If not, it wouldn't work in that build-in scenario.

Going by the pictures here and on other sites, it seems the heat is blown from the top behind the front panel (see shot with controls shown). I think you'll be heating up the chimney.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

stimpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stimpy

Sounds like you're concerned with output here. Input in this area would involve something very different.

monk44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monk44

Will this work with my mac if I have an HDMI converter?

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

my av gave me a warning on the woot site, could have been a false positive

1web & network objects were found infected and blocked

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

sudowned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sudowned
monk44 wrote:Will this work with my mac if I have an HDMI converter?

Yes, but be aware that there's an issue with late-model 2012 iMacs and MacBook Pros when used with an HDMI fireplace that is greater than 30 inches in size. It isn't present in Lion, though, so if you haven't updated you're all set.

cwaldo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwaldo

[b]OUT OF THE BOX[b] this product does not work. needless to say I'm not impressed. My first purchase with WOOT could very well be my last - we'll have to see how much I get charged/how I get treated to return a defective item

rimmington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rimmington

When the package arrived the remote control was smashed. I called Lifesmart customer service and they are sending me a new remote. The heater works well but the fan is loud and you can see the wiring for the heating element through the fake flames, which wrecks the illusion. I suppose I could try to take the thing apart, but I am not handy with tools and don't want to risk a fire.

rimmington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rimmington

The heat comes out the top.

ammercngrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ammercngrl
engelwood39 wrote:Amazon shows the fireplace as "Lifesmart Dual Mount 800 Square Foot"

So which is it? 800 or 1000?

Home Depot also states 800.

"The new Lifesmart Wall Hanging Infrared Fireplace is Picture Perfect. This unique picture frame fireplace is also a powerful infrared heater rated to heat a room up to 800 square feet."

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/lifesmart-multi-function-infared-fireplace-1500-watt-infrared-wall-portable-heater-fireplace-with-tv-stand-dual-mount-and-remote-l-ef450-combo.html

[MOD: This was the information we had from the vendor. We will contact them in the morning to double check the specs. That information isn't available on the LifeSmart site.]

My guess is one is based off a 8 ft. ceiling and the other off a 10 ft. ceiling. Since it is a square ft. rating but they actually have to rate off a cubic ft. rating. A Square ft. rating is more relate-able for the consumer because it is often known information.

e.g.: Cubic ft. of (10ft. x 10ft.) with an 8 ft. ceiling is the same cubic ft. as a (10ft x 8ft.) with a 10 ft. ceiling.

Just a possible guess?

you're reading the wrong home depot description: http://www.homedepot.com/buy/lifesmart-wall-hanging-infrared-1000-square-foot-infrared-fireplace-discontinued-ls-ef450.html#specifications

ksdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksdeb
rimmington wrote:When the package arrived the remote control was smashed. I called Lifesmart customer service and they are sending me a new remote. The heater works well but the fan is loud and you can see the wiring for the heating element through the fake flames, which wrecks the illusion. I suppose I could try to take the thing apart, but I am not handy with tools and don't want to risk a fire.

** Hi, I had the same exact thing as well... Has a noise, and can see wires hanging as well.... at least I am not the only one...

mhaber9499

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhaber9499

I recently bought this heater for supplement heat in our basement and it works great!!! We spend a lot of our time in the basement and we are potty training a little one. We bought this because we had to turn our thermostat to 78 so we could let our little one run around with no pants for easier potty training. Since we put this heater in our basement, we were able to decrease the temp on the thermostat to 74 upstairs and 70/Low on the LifeSmart heater.

dianewagner64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianewagner64

I bought on and it worked for for about the first 10 hours of use (not continuous use) then it started to smell really bad. it smells like something is melting. i cant see what, i can only smell it. were it more then 50 bucks id have been really ticked, had it burnt my house down id have been pissed. i love woot, this heater is not woot worthy

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dianewagner64 wrote:I bought on and it worked for for about the first 10 hours of use (not continuous use) then it started to smell really bad. it smells like something is melting. i cant see what, i can only smell it. were it more then 50 bucks id have been really ticked, had it burnt my house down id have been pissed. i love woot, this heater is not woot worthy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your purchase. We recommend that you contact Life Smart Products Support as they can help you with the 1 Year Life Smart Warranty.

If they're unable to assist you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll answer any questions or concerns you may have.