ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
Ringo4422 wrote:A smaller screen will always appear to look sharper compared to a larger screen, 720p or 1080p. All network TV stations broadcast in 720p or 1080i anyway.

Don't want to belabor the point by listing all the examples of other sets at friends' homes as well as work when they've gone from plain LCD to LED/LCD----but the same is seen on larger sets by numerous people who didn't know the sets had been changed. According to your size logic, my 19" set ought to "appear" to have a sharper image because it's smaller. Not by a long shot, it doesn't. (It's also just a plain LCD.)

And I wasn't referring to network broadcasting. I'm talking about HD signals, in addition to DVDs/Blu-rays, etc.

But alas, I give up. If you don't see the difference, then that's fine. I've offered my opinion and experience to anyone who is interested in it.
*shrug*

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

StanleyS wrote:It is possible to adjust the brightness/contrast/color/etc of 2 sets to make one look "better" than the other, no matter what their specs. I suspect that this is the situation in your case. (Read the current issue of Consumer Reports for up-to-date tests of "LED"/LCD/plasma sets).

I already have, but thanks anyway. (And I do know how to optimize picture quality on televisions, which I have done with all of mine---so that's not a factor.)

ReginaFilangee

Nickbc87 wrote:(Relatively) new Wooter here. for some reason, it wont let me buy the TV! It's denying me! All my address and credit card information are correct....

What error message is the purchase screen giving you?

Nickbc87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nickbc87
ReginaFilangee wrote:What error message is the purchase screen giving you?

It says "Your payment authorization was denied. Please try your order again later." I dont know why. i literally just purchased an item on Amazon with the same card about an hour ago. I've re-typed all of the necessary info, and have tried about 30 times in the past hour.

EDIT: It'd be nice if they could give me some details so I know what to fix, if it indeed is a problem on my end.

ReginaFilangee

Nickbc87 wrote:It says "Your payment authorization was denied. Please try your order again later." I dont know why. i literally just purchased an item on Amazon with the same card about an hour ago. I've re-typed all of the necessary info, and have tried about 30 times in the past hour.

EDIT: It'd be nice if they could give me some details so I know what to fix, if it indeed is a problem on my end.

Hmmmm....
That IS odd. Since you said you were relatively new, I thought you might be running into the "already purchased this" issue that sometimes occurs. (Apparently not.)

And I agree with your edit, except that the card company doesn't give a reason to the merchant....so they can't pass it along to you. If you don't have another card to try, hope you don't miss the sale!

Another thing that comes to mind, though:

Watch your email for the next several hrs. I recently had a card expire and forgot to update the new expiration date. Made several purchases at Amazon that all seemed to go thru and got confirmation #'s and emails, etc. Several hrs later, however, emails started to trickle in that they couldn't process my payment with the default card I had used. Had to update each one by hand and edit my card info. Two of those emails didn't even come until the next day, although the purchases weren't terribly far apart, time-wise. So....what I'm getting at is that if your card was denied here, it might also be getting declined by Amazon for the same reason (whatever that might be), and you just don't know it yet.

I've also had occasional instances where I had set up automatic payments with a particular card and forgot that one of those was due to hit, which then put me over the limit when I tried to make a large purchase.

Maybe a moderator will come along and help...or you could email Woot support.

Good luck!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Nickbc87 wrote:It says "Your payment authorization was denied. Please try your order again later." I dont know why. i literally just purchased an item on Amazon with the same card about an hour ago. I've re-typed all of the necessary info, and have tried about 30 times in the past hour.

Sorry for the problems. Usually it's your bank denying the charges in these instances.

Do make sure that your billing address matches the address on your credit/bank account.

Otherwise, you can email support@woot.com for more information. They'll be able to answer tomorrow most likely. I'm sorry that I don't have access to that information to help you.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gs08bss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gs08bss
sailor13305 wrote:Phillips is getting out of consumer electronics. So not sure how long will be supported

Not True, Where did you hear that?

maple26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maple26

please when my tv will be arrived i way thingi like to know...now...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

maple26 wrote:please when my tv will be arrived i way thingi like to know...now...

please email Support@Woot.com so they can assist you.
be sure to include your order details in your email.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

cscotti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cscotti

Check your TVs carefully folks. I just recieved a 4507 when I ordered a 4907 (the one with NetTV). Emailing support now...sure hope they have them in stock still!

eddiemartinez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddiemartinez

I received my 32" TV today but its the wrong model. I ordered the 32PFL4907 which has the internet tv/media connect. I was sent the 32PFL4507 which was cheaper. What the heck woot?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

eddiemartinez wrote:I received my 32" TV today but its the wrong model. I ordered the 32PFL4907 which has the internet tv/media connect. I was sent the 32PFL4507 which was cheaper. What the heck woot?

Sorry for replying back to you so late, but we're not sure the situation is. For the time being, please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know what's going on. Please remember to include your username and order number so they can help you in a timely manner.

We've already forwarded this issue onto them, we'll post any response or information we find as soon as we receive it.

Thank you for you patience during this matter.

GoldEyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldEyes

I ordered the 4907 too but it won't be here until Tuesday. Hope they didn't send the wrong one!

efremp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages efremp

Mine came in smashed packaging, with no internal padding
with the plastic frame cracked (90 degrees) VERY UPSET

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

efremp wrote:Mine came in smashed packaging, with no internal padding
with the plastic frame cracked (90 degrees) VERY UPSET

very sorry to hear that. we certainly don't want upset customers.
please email Support@Woot.com and they'll help make it right.
apologies for the hassle.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

hardcle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hardcle

Got my 32" today and so far I'm happy. Setup was easy and quick and the picture looks great. Only downside was there were no screws included for the base, so I had to rummage through my junk drawer to find some that would fit.

GoldEyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldEyes

Received the TV today. Box was a little banged up, but TV was unharmed. Also received the correct one, as I know others were having issues receiving the cheaper TV when they ordered the 32PFL4907. Mine arrived just fine. Turned it on and signed in to Netflix and it works and looks great. Very happy for only $200. Great deal, especially since I was really only buying this to hang in front of the treadmill and using it as a Netflix only TV. Kind of sad I didn't order a second for the bedroom now.

brianstash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianstash

Anyone have any bad pixels? Just got mt 4507 and there are at least 3 bad pixels in the center of the screen?

What can I do about this?

dittoeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dittoeman

Did anyone get a remote control with their TV. I did not/

dittoeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dittoeman

[quote postid="5351383" user="

Hey-
Is there a secret to getting netflix or other internet channels to work? I tried with the stick they sent me and I tried corded to my cable box.
Anyone?
Thanks.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dittoeman wrote:Did anyone get a remote control with their TV. I did not/

Sorry to hear that you're missing an accessory.

Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

ibtonyu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibtonyu

I got two of the 32 Phillips tv's. One of the two TV's just keeps rebooting itself after being on 30-60 seconds. I am very fustrated with this purchased. Got them just about 90 days ago just in time for the warranty to expire. First time actually using them. Got them for my girls new bedroom we where remodeling. Very very frustrating. Not sure if I will ever buy anything from woot again.