5%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 Inversion Table
$229.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3157 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.8 stars out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-Ups-Inversion-Table/dp/B008054PFI

mnbigguy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mnbigguy

Great reviews at Costco and $299 there.

http://www.costco.com/Teeter-Hang-Ups®-EP-560%2B-Inversion-Table.product.11760272.html#BVRRWidgetID

spenc938

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spenc938

I don't understand why someone would pay this kind of money for an inversion table. I own

http://www.amazon.com/Exerpeutic-Inversion-Table-Comfort-Backrest/dp/B005P4NV3E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360476573&sr=8-1&keywords=exerpeutic+inversion+table

this one and I see no reason to spend a penny more.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Is the posted price for everything pictured?

that was fun while it lasted!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Product website:
https://www.teetertv.com/

and no, I don't think the price includes the woman.

bryan1436

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bryan1436

A 10 minute video review -- although appears to be somewhat biased, it allows you to see quite a bit about the inversion table. This is really a neat item.

edit: switched to embedded video - thanks lichme.

chubechpmnk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chubechpmnk
bpr2 wrote:Is the posted price for everything pictured?

No, I believe the lassie is just for show!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
chubechpmnk wrote:No, I believe the lassie is just for show!

DWAT!

that was fun while it lasted!

simonwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simonwang

What makes this one more than 4x over other inversion tables?!?! I bought a body flex for under $100 and it's more sturdy than this one. Plus it starts out in a seated position before folding flat into a bed when inverting. http://dealnews.com/Body-Flex-Gravity-Inversion-Table-for-95-pickup-at-Sears-/571179.html

broderya

quality posts: 17 Private Messages broderya

So, on the off chance I'm at home and not inverting, can anyone tell me the laundry hanging capacity of this unit?

deanwpayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deanwpayne

Bought one for my wife for Christmas.

She REALLY likes it. It has helped with some back pain. It is not a cure all for back problems but it does give my wife some relief.

We bought the version with the plastic things for pressure points and the lumbar support. It was $300 total online from the company direct.

I think this is a very good deal.

krnorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krnorth
spenc938 wrote:I don't understand why someone would pay this kind of money for an inversion table. I own

http://www.amazon.com/Exerpeutic-Inversion-Table-Comfort-Backrest/dp/B005P4NV3E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360476573&sr=8-1&keywords=exerpeutic+inversion+table

this one and I see no reason to spend a penny more.

Thank you sir...I just ordered this!!! The price rules and reviews are phenomenal ;)

wcorissa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wcorissa

Do the the plastic things for pressure points and the lumbar support come with this? I have had this item on my amazon wishlist for months and think it would make a good anniversary gift for my boyfriend who is 6'5" with mild back pain.

tronne

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tronne

I'd like to know this as well before I pull the trigger on this...

wcorissa wrote:Do the the plastic things for pressure points and the lumbar support come with this? I have had this item on my amazon wishlist for months and think it would make a good anniversary gift for my boyfriend who is 6'5" with mild back pain.

Bought... lots of stuff...

iissurf

quality posts: 25 Private Messages iissurf
wcorissa wrote:Do the the plastic things for pressure points and the lumbar support come with this? I have had this item on my amazon wishlist for months and think it would make a good anniversary gift for my boyfriend who is 6'5" with mild back pain.

No they don't. http://www.woot.com/offers/teeter-hang-ups-ep-560-inversion-table#tab=specs

However, I just looked up the acupressure nodes and lumbar support on Amazon and both are $20 a piece. So with the going price of the EP-560 on Amazon WITH those two things being $299, you could buy this one for $234 and the two accessories and it'd be cheaper than the one on Amazon by $25.

It would be really nice if Woot/Teeter sweetened this deal a little more since camelcamelcamel shows the EP-560 w/ accessories was just on sale for $249 a few months ago.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Are Teeter inversion tables in brick-and-motor stores? Or other brands of inversion tables in stores? I have a tumory thing growing on my spinal cord and I feel like this might relieve some of the pressure in my back, but I'm hesitant to buy one over the internet, especially without trying one.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

lfaulkner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lfaulkner

None of the good stuff ships to Hawaii!! It's like we're a foreign country or something!!
Really frustrating!! Airplanes and ships come here just like everywhere else!!!!

iissurf

quality posts: 25 Private Messages iissurf
neuropsychosocial wrote:Are Teeter inversion tables in brick-and-motor stores? Or other brands of inversion tables in stores? I have a tumory thing growing on my spinal cord and I feel like this might relieve some of the pressure in my back, but I'm hesitant to buy one over the internet, especially without trying one.

Costco usually has them in store, but they have them locked down so you can't try them out.

I've seen other brands in sports stores like Big 5 and such, but again, they're either in a place where you can't reach them or they have them pinned/locked down so you can't get on them and try them out.

wcorissa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wcorissa

Thanks I think I'll still spring on this deal if it is still here in the morning. I think I'll just tell him to buy the gravity boots and plastic things himself.

iissurf wrote:No they don't. http://www.woot.com/offers/teeter-hang-ups-ep-560-inversion-table#tab=specs

However, I just looked up the acupressure nodes and lumbar support on Amazon and both are $20 a piece. So with the going price of the EP-560 on Amazon WITH those two things being $299, you could buy this one for $234 and the two accessories and it'd be cheaper than the one on Amazon by $25.

It would be really nice if Woot/Teeter sweetened this deal a little more since camelcamelcamel shows the EP-560 w/ accessories was just on sale for $249 a few months ago.

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie

Bought one of these the last time they were on Woot. I absolutely love mine and use it twice a day. I have 2 slipped disc's in my neck and nothing beyond a chiropractor has given me relief like this baby. I cannot say enough. A friend came by and tried it who has rhuematoid arthritis type pain and she is now buying one as well. It's THAT good!

fjp999

quality posts: 14 Private Messages fjp999
iissurf wrote:No they don't. http://www.woot.com/offers/teeter-hang-ups-ep-560-inversion-table#tab=specs

I think that this table is pretty new and the accessories have very few reviews.

The acupressure nodes are rated very poor with the lumbar support getting a few more ratings and a few more stars as well.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 48 Private Messages pupyluvr
broderya wrote:So, on the off chance I'm at home and not inverting, can anyone tell me the laundry hanging capacity of this unit?

A treadmill represents a much greater value as far as laundry capacity per dollar however with this unit I believe you would be able to hang more shirts & trousers whereas the treadmill would allow for more stacking space. It would depend entirely on your needs.

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

http://www.ehow.com/about_6748683_information-gravity-inversion-system.html

Criticism

Opponents charge that merely lying down horizontally across a bed or table provides similar relief.

The medical community at large takes a dubious view of inversion therapy. While the idea of easing the burden of the spine has some merit, critics argue similar benefits from redistributing gravity can be achieved simply by lying down. The proportion of time a normal active person spends upright also greatly outweighs the amount of time you can expect to spend in an inversion apparatus. Excessive periods of inversion have been shown to pose health risks.

Dangers

While the apparent benefits of inversion therapy rely on reversing the effects of gravity on the spine, you must keep in mind the technique also reverses the effects of gravity on your cardiovascular system. Suspending yourself for extended periods of time causes blood to pool in the upper half of your body. Health experts almost unilaterally recommend against inversion if your heart or arteries are in poor condition. The excess blood flow can increase pain or hemorrhage in your eyes or brain.

Merlin330

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Merlin330
pupyluvr wrote:A treadmill represents a much greater value as far as laundry capacity per dollar however with this unit I believe you would be able to hang more shirts & trousers whereas the treadmill would allow for more stacking space. It would depend entirely on your needs.

FTW! That was awesome!

A number of Woots, a few Random Bags of Crap. Life is good!

fjp999

quality posts: 14 Private Messages fjp999

Assembly instructions:

http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Files/pdfs/ep-60-series_assembly-instructions.pdf

Owners Manual:

http://www.teeter-inversion.com/files/pdfs/EP-60-Series_Owners-Manual.pdf

Serafyna

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Serafyna

I have a teeter hang ups inversion table - if you have back issues that are related to pinched discs, compression, etc.. this is VERY helpful. This is one of those things that it's *best* if you use it 15-30m a night/day. Work up slowly to a steeper incline. Return slowly back to being fully upright to avoid becoming nauseated or light headed. Also - if you're concerned about being fully inclined - you can set the tether to stop you at whatever point you wish, so you could stop at a 15% incline, just barely having your legs above your heart and still get a decent stretch (similar to a massage chair that stretches your back out).

If you get some relief from stretching out - this helps. Laying down is how a "normal" back decompresses, but in our normal lifestyle most people don't get enough sleep and spend a lot more time in positions that sit and compress the spine in different ways. Most of us don't get up and stretch every couple of hours like we should.

I have the ankle/calf cuffs and find them a lot more comfortable than having all of the weight on the top of the foot. I am a larger lady (both height and weight) and I don't think I could use it without those cuffs. They lock on like a ski boot, and spread the pressure over the leg.

Definitely worth the price if you live with chronic back pain. I can't speak for people without back issues.

Dad2Nat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dad2Nat
yeahbuddy wrote:http://www.ehow.com/about_6748683_information-gravity-inversion-system.html

Criticism

Opponents charge that merely lying down horizontally across a bed or table provides similar relief.

The medical community at large takes a dubious view of inversion therapy. While the idea of easing the burden of the spine has some merit, critics argue similar benefits from redistributing gravity can be achieved simply by lying down. The proportion of time a normal active person spends upright also greatly outweighs the amount of time you can expect to spend in an inversion apparatus. Excessive periods of inversion have been shown to pose health risks.

Dangers

While the apparent benefits of inversion therapy rely on reversing the effects of gravity on the spine, you must keep in mind the technique also reverses the effects of gravity on your cardiovascular system. Suspending yourself for extended periods of time causes blood to pool in the upper half of your body. Health experts almost unilaterally recommend against inversion if your heart or arteries are in poor condition. The excess blood flow can increase pain or hemorrhage in your eyes or brain.

A bit biased of you leaving out the "benefits" section. Also, one of the articles references cannot be accessed for free (to check it's references) and a second one cannot be found. Not sure how much this information helps or can be trusted. Thanks for posting the link, though. I'm looking for as much information as possible before making a decision on this.

iwarriorwalk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iwarriorwalk

I've been using Inversion Tables for nearly 30 years . . . That's right, 30 years !!!

These are excellent, as long as your back is fairly normal to begin with. If you've had back surgery, I'm not sure I'd recommend getting on one of these machines.

I use it to loosen up before and after my lengthy exercise sessions. It keeps everything in place, especially my neck, hips, and lower back.

I've also had very good experiences the few times I've had to deal with the company.

iwarriorwalk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iwarriorwalk
Merlin330 wrote:FTW! That was awesome!

Not awesome at all. Time to clear off that treadmill and start using it.

hdmatrix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hdmatrix

For those of you that have one these how hard is it to clamp in your feet. When my back goes out on me I'm not sure I would be able to reach down far enough to do this. On the BHI website there is a 960 model that has an arm on the clamping mechanism that looks like it would be easier to reach.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 Inversion Table - Price Comparisons

Today's WOOT! = $229.99 + $5 Shipping ($234.99 Shipped)

WOOT! = $64.01 Less than next lowest price found.

Overstock.com = $299.99 + Ships Free
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Teeter-Hang-Ups-EP-560-Inversion-Table/6820546/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&ef_id=URLE0AAABUry2HDp:20130210132704:s

Amazon = $299.00 + Ships Free
http://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-Ups-Inversion-Table/dp/B008054PFI

Rakuten.com = $299.00 + Ships Free
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/teeter-hang-ups-ep-560-inversion-table/232553683.html?listingId=265047887

Sports Authority = $299.99 + $19.99 Shipping
http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13083989&mr:trackingCode=086FF9A2-20B0-E111-8DC4-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:filter=24486676791&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=30774699831&mr:match=&mr:keyword=&{copy:iq_id}=&{copy:camp}=

**NOTE**
All pricing and vendors found with a random Google search. Your own independent search may find differing and/or lower pricing as well as other suppliers.

DoubleBowmore17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DoubleBowmore17

I am in my forties, in good health and reasonable shape, and have no cardiovascular problems. I have an inversion table (not a Teeter) that I bought seeking relief for occasional severe back pain related to a herniated disc. My thought was that elongating the spine would decompress the discs and temporarily relieve pain, and also possibly help to speed healing. I found that while I did get some pain relief while inverted, and felt a good stretch in the hips and lower back, I could not tolerate the sensation of blood pressure in my head. My face would turn red and swell, and my eyes would bulge. I felt like I would surely break a blood vessel in my head and die. While I never did (obviously), I stopped using it because of this. I could use the table comfortably if I kept the inversion angle at or near 45 degrees, but I did not feel like I was elongating my spine unless I fully inverted (to 80-90 degrees). As a child I used to hang upside down with my legs bent over tree branches all the time, and I don't remember being bothered by the pressure sensation, so perhaps this won't be a problem for younger folks. As an alternative, there are "traction" devices (like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSuXrzZEn4) that purport to achieve spine elongation while lying horizontal, but I have not tried them.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

In case anyone is concerned about buying one and then having it become another laundry rack, rest assured it is also an excellent cat toy! My husband actually uses ours every morning and loves it, but when not in use, our youngest cat likes to play on it. He climbs on everything so I thought it would be funny to put him at the headrest and see what would happen. The first time it took him about 15 minutes to get off, walking back and forth as it teetered up and down. Now, he will jump and "surf" on it It is one of his favorite toys!

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

niftyfifty

quality posts: 13 Private Messages niftyfifty

I bought the last Teeter table that was one Woot and love it. I'm a nurse with leg pain...long story, but I need them straightened for pain relief and it works!

antflies

quality posts: 1 Private Messages antflies

I bought the IRONMAN 4000 from a vender on Amazon. Came in 3 days all for 185 shipped. I tried the Teeters at Sports Authority. The IRONMAN seems like it is built much better. The Teeter seemed flimsy.
IMHO.

BobMichaels

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BobMichaels

I have a Teeter unit that's about 12 years old and it's been very helpful for when my back is "out". I have degenerative disk issues in L4-L5-S1. As others have said, it's not a cure all, but definitely helps considerably. This unit, along with losing about 50 pounds has reduced my back issues greatly.

Mine has the more rectangular table and if the newer ones are like it, the construction and sturdiness are outstanding.

One final bit of advise - empty all of your pockets before inverting...

texasbonfire

quality posts: 2 Private Messages texasbonfire

I bought the FT- 60 when it was a deal on Woot in January. Love it!
I am 5'2", 54, and weigh 130. I was diagnosed with L5 to S1 herniated disc in 2011. Even have the scan on DVD to remind me. Sitting all day at a desk job, my back has been getting tight and generally unpleasant. I even bought a new bed (the most recommended bed in America). Table set at 60 degrees, invert almost every night for about 10 minutes listening to some music right before bed. I fall asleep faster because I am more relaxed and getting out of bed, I not stiff!!

If you can, try out a friend's table before you buy and always consider what condition your other joints are in.