WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

RCA Moving Images Players

Considering RCA started out as the Radio Corporation of America, they really have come a long way to be selling technology that uses more methods than just sound. It's so remarkable that we suggest you support RCA's noble cause by buying one of these.

Quality Posts

mtn3pitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtn3pitt

Dear Woot,

You really want me to buy one of those wall mounts, don't you? Or are you just trying to get rid of them?

Sincerely,
-mtn3pitt-

But seriously, folks. Anyone have anything to say about the Cantilever wall mounts? I'm almost positive I want one but I can't figure out how far from the wall this will make my TV. It says it has two pivot points (wall/arm and arm/TV) but the swing angle is only +/-35 degrees (wall/arm). What about for the arm/TV? Assuming I still remember trig, the arm is about 15", and the arm/TV can pivot pretty far, does that mean the closest the TV will be to the wall is 8.6" (sin(35)*15 ~= 8.6)?

- mtn3pitt -

Paleogirl2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paleogirl2003

dwieneke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwieneke

Dog's name was Victor and the pup was named Nipper. The slogan was "His master's voice".

Woot Woof!

Columpus

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

What, no RCA Videodisc player?

"The player costs less than $500!"

------------------
I Bet on Sky

malikye

quality posts: 2 Private Messages malikye

The specs of the 32" TV says that it only has 2 HDMI inputs. But in the side picture, I see 4 HDMI inputs. what's up with that?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

malikye wrote:The specs of the 32" TV says that it only has 2 HDMI inputs. But in the side picture, I see 4 HDMI inputs. what's up with that?

Interesting spot there holmes....I'll forward this onto Staff and see if I can figure out why!

EDIT: Changed in the specs! Thanks again

kfang122

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kfang122
dwieneke wrote:Dog's name was Victor and the pup was named Nipper. The slogan was "His master's voice".

Woot Woof!

Close....
'Nipper' is actually the name of the original dog. The puppy, who came later, was named 'Chipper'!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kfang122 wrote:Close....
'Nipper' is actually the name of the original dog. The puppy, who came later, was named 'Chipper'!

Well, you didn't win anything but good job!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

becciss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages becciss

Actually, the specs had it right and the picture was wrong. The 32" model only has 2 hdmi inputs. Same thing for the 26" model. I didn't check the others so can't speak to that

http://rca4tv.com/product/spec.asp?modelnum=32LB30RQD

codhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codhead

Any warranty information?

ThunderThighs

Staff

codhead wrote:Any warranty information?

Click on the item you are interested in. The warranty is at the bottom of the Features information.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

becciss wrote:Actually, the specs had it right and the picture was wrong. The 32" model only has 2 hdmi inputs. Same thing for the 26" model. I didn't check the others so can't speak to that

Ok, we got this straightened out. Seems that there was a change in production.

Prior to September 2012, the 32LB30RQD was configured with 4 HDMI connectors and 1 VGA connector.

Beginning in September 2012, they did a running change on this model to eliminate the VGA connector and 2 of the 4 HDMI connectors.

We are updating our specs and photos as soon as we can to reflect 2 HDMI. Now you could get a nifty surprise of 4 HDMIs but we don't want to promise anything.

If you purchased prior to this and require 4 HDMI, you can cancel your order by emailing support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek
becciss wrote:Actually, the specs had it right and the picture was wrong. The 32" model only has 2 hdmi inputs. Same thing for the 26" model. I didn't check the others so can't speak to that

There are a number of discrepancies here. The product page for the 26" has an enlarged photo of the connectors showing 4 HDMI and also a VGA connector. Yet the specifications sheet says 2 HDMI and nothing about the VGA connector.

Also on page 45 of the manual,which was written for both the 26" and 32" models, the spec sheet shows that both the 26" and 32" have 4 HDMI's.

RCA's own information appears to contradict itself. Not sure where to go to get a definitive answer on this.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, we got this straightened out. Seems that there was a change in production.

Prior to September 2012, the 32LB30RQD was configured with 4 HDMI connectors and 1 VGA connector.

Beginning in September 2012, they did a running change on this model to eliminate the VGA connector and 2 of the 4 HDMI connectors.

We are updating our specs and photos as soon as we can to reflect 2 HDMI. Now you could get a nifty surprise of 4 HDMIs but we don't want to promise anything.

If you purchased prior to this and require 4 HDMI, you can cancel your order by emailing support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

That explains quite a bit. Also the name of the downloadable files(manual/specs). RCA needs to either change model numbers or at least tack on version numbers to keep things clear.

Manuals/Specs:

For 2012 Model UM 26LB30RQD 32LB30RQD (2012).pdf
2012.2H(New Version) UM 32LB30RQD_2H.pdf
Spec Sheet 32LB30RQD(New MB).pdf
Spec Sheet 26LB30RQD(New MB).pdf

Without the VGA connector I may have to pass on this one. By the time I add a good VGA to HDMI converter in, I know of other HDTVs with all or more features for the same or even less then the total cost of getting this one to work as needed.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

ThunderThighs

Staff

friartek wrote:That explains quite a bit. Also the name of the downloadable files(manual/specs). RCA needs to either change model numbers or at least tack on version numbers to keep things clear.

Heh, we were saying the same thing on this end this morning here so no argument from us.

FORUM MODERATOR

gerry13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gerry13

I thought the dog's name was Rin Tin Tinnitus

mtn3pitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtn3pitt
gerry13 wrote:I thought the dog's name was Rin Tin Tinnitus

What? I can't hear you.

- mtn3pitt -

gerry13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gerry13
mtn3pitt wrote:What? I can't hear you.

RIN TIN TINNITUS!!!

rdl4672

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdl4672

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

RCA, in addition to not having a domestic presence, seems to consider "eventually shipping back out" to be refurbishing.

After a few weeks, I received a TV with dead pixels and a cord so mangled it needed straightening to be plugged in. What kind of post-refurb QC doesn't require actually turning on the device, I do not know. Woot says to call the manufacturer; manufacturer says to call Woot. Woot says there are no replacements, so I get to box up a big TV, take it back to Fedex, stare at the wall mount I purchased for it and contemplate deals too good to be true.

Hope this helps :-/

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

What's a DVD?

bobcat68

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobcat68

I received my 22" w/DVD TV today and it was deader than a bag of hammers. What a Batch of Copies.

I wonder what I wish I would have done.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bobcat68 wrote:I received my 22" w/DVD TV today and it was deader than a bag of hammers. What a Batch of Copies.

Ugh, sorry. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR

bobcat68

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobcat68
ThunderThighs wrote:Ugh, sorry. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I sent a message via the 'Support' link above. I will send an email as well, just to be sure. Thank you for the response.

I wonder what I wish I would have done.

badcatstl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages badcatstl

Shipping mine back for return. I got the 22" with DVD and the cable jack wouldn't work. At least woot is easy about DOAs returns.