WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Weider SpeedWeight Dumbbell Sets

Nothing interrupts the momentum of a good lifting session like adjusting the weight on your, um, weights. With Weider SpeedWeights, you just set the weight down and turn a dial. It's perfect for anyone who's ever grunted "There's got to be a better way!"
Weider Fitness official site

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

I'll never understand how we can make and ship a 5 pound cast iron pan for $10, but 120 pounds of dumbbells go for $400. It just seems like a lot of money for dead weight.

... yet I still want one.

fgarriel

Also, the 100-lb one is currently $30 cheaper at Amazon... $35 less if you're a prime subscriber.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37
fgarriel wrote:Also, the 100-lb one is currently $30 cheaper at Amazon... $35 less if you're a prime subscriber.

Thanks to your shopping around, looks like Woot dropped the price for this set to 289 - $10 cheaper than Amazon. WOOT!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE LOWERED

Note that we've lowered the price on the Weider Speedweight 100 to $290.

If you ordered prior to the price drop, you will be refunded the difference automagically.

Now go buy three. We have a buyer crying in his cubical.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thesuppishwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesuppishwoot

Bros, do you even lift?

fgarriel

thesuppishwoot wrote:Bros, do you even lift?

Yes, but I only started 6 months ago. I could use a set like these on nights when getting to the gym is difficult. But I haven't really had that problem yet. I couldn't forgo my membership with just a set of dumbbells in the basement, and the gym is so close, these will just wind up breaking someone's foot.

... and yet I want them.

jthebird1977

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

I own the 100 model. Picked it up at sams last year on a closeout. I like it. My wife, not so much.

Her problem is the length of the dumbells. She has narrower shoulders and tends to hit herself in the head with the weights from time to time. (Ok, I did too the first few times i used them, just had to retrain myself for the different size.)

The only other potential frustration is sometimes the dumbells get stuck when changing between weights. I've found that I can't just drop them down and change the weights real fast. They have to be properly seated into their stand and gently change the weight. Then everything works fine.

The stand is too short to hang clothes on it without them wrinkling. ;p

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

first2summit

quality posts: 7 Private Messages first2summit
jthebird1977 wrote:
Her problem is the length of the dumbells. She has narrower shoulders and tends to hit herself in the head with the weights from time to time. (Ok, I did too the first few times i used them, just had to retrain myself for the different size.)

Yeah, looking at them, I don't think I'd be that crazy about the length of the weights either but are they any different from the other systems?

ComputerGeekAZ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ComputerGeekAZ

I assume it doesn't come with the DVDs?

Woots=67, Items=unknown, Woot-Offs=12

..::||Score||::..
WOOTS:67 SHIRTS:9 WINE:0

krychek67

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krychek67

I have dumbbells ranging from 3 to 75 pounds and I'm sure I paid a lot more than $380 for them. I could get these and get rid of everything below 65 lbs and save a lot of space, but really hard to justify now. :-(

jthebird1977

first2summit wrote:Yeah, looking at them, I don't think I'd be that crazy about the length of the weights either but are they any different from the other systems?

Sorry, haven't used any other adjustable dumbbell sets to compare them to. The reviews on amazon are few, but do share some differences from the Bowflex system (frankly the only other brand i was aware had them).
http://www.amazon.com/Weider-SpeedWeight-15-50-Adjustable-Dumbbell/product-reviews/B005AEQ66I/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

hope that helps.

kevito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevito

Also known as how to become the most unpopular guy on the block with your FedEx delivery guy.

zeta30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeta30
first2summit wrote:Yeah, looking at them, I don't think I'd be that crazy about the length of the weights either but are they any different from the other systems?

We have the 52lb Bowflex dumbbell set and have the same issue with the length. Like others said you just compensate. I usually use them with a neutral grip if doing shoulders or chest.

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88
zeta30 wrote:We have the 52lb Bowflex dumbbell set and have the same issue with the length. Like others said you just compensate. I usually use them with a neutral grip if doing shoulders or chest.

out of curiosity...do these come in, say, a more compact 50lb version w/ 25lb on ea side & 0.5lb increments? Says the 95lb weakling...

Cirrius

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cirrius
jthebird1977 wrote:
The stand is too short to hang clothes on it without them wrinkling. ;p

Important information, this.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I have a PowerBlock set, and they are much shorter than these.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Chicago71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chicago71
zeta30 wrote:We have the 52lb Bowflex dumbbell set and have the same issue with the length. Like others said you just compensate. I usually use them with a neutral grip if doing shoulders or chest.

I, too, have the Bowflex 52s and the most frustrating thing is the changing of the weight. If it's of similar material, the plastic mechanism that twists to lock in the plates gets really sticky and becomes difficult to rotate. I've skinned my knuckles many times due to that.

"Qui Bono? Who benefits?"
"Qui gives a $#!#"

MachGoGoGo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachGoGoGo

I have a set of adjustable dumbbells from Ironmaster. They were more expensive than these, but also much more compact and the plate changes are very quick.

I couldn't imagine working out with these. Seems very awkward.

jthebird1977 wrote:Her problem is the length of the dumbells. She has narrower shoulders and tends to hit herself in the head with the weights from time to time. (Ok, I did too the first few times i used them, just had to retrain myself for the different size.)

The only other potential frustration is sometimes the dumbells get stuck when changing between weights. I've found that I can't just drop them down and change the weights real fast. They have to be properly seated into their stand and gently change the weight. Then everything works fine.

kokomojoeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kokomojoeb
jthebird1977 wrote:I own the 100 model. Picked it up at sams last year on a closeout. I like it. My wife, not so much. ;p

Just so we understand.... You like the 100 model but don't like your wife so much? Or you wife doesn't like the model 100? Very important
info if she happens top read this. Now buy her one for Valentines Day!!

jthebird1977

kokomojoeb wrote:Just so we understand.... You like the 100 model but don't like your wife so much? Or you wife doesn't like the model 100? Very important
info if she happens top read this. Now buy her one for Valentines Day!!

HA! Yeah, she doesn't get involved in all things woot! She won't be reading this.
For clarification though, she doesn't like the 100 and sometimes me, but I like her quite a bit.

fgarriel

Will these fit in standard carry-on luggage? I like to be able to work out when I'm traveling.

PWootster1109

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PWootster1109

As I watched the 100 Lb model work work out with the Weider speedweight dumbell set http://www.woot.com/plus/weider-speedweight-dumbbell-sets I thought that she was a Little Hottie http://sport.woot.com/offers/little-hotties-hand-warmers-40-pair. I offered her a Homesource micro cotton towel http://home.woot.com/offers/homesource-microcotton-towel-set from the set I bought at Woot. She smiled, very like Bronla, now back in Scandanavia after her internship in shipping at Woot ended.
She smiled and pointed at my Black Wolf Laplander hat http://www.woot.com/offers/black-wolf-laplander and said "So Mr Wolf, does that make me Little Grey Robot http://www.woot.com/offers/grey-robot-laplander Riding hood?"she said putting on her hat.

I smiled "I have a 2 inch gel King Memory Foam Topper http://home.woot.com/offers/2-gel-memory-foam-topper-king back at home and some ladies have said my Piller's Black Kassel Salami http://home.woot.com/offers/meat-cheese-favorites is the best they've ever had.The Tara Bella Russian River cabernet http://wine.woot.com/offers/tara-bella-russian-river-cabernet-2 flows freely for that special someone even if she is not named Tara or Bella."
I turned to get her another towel and she must have seen the Explicit Big Chicken http://www.woot.com/offers/explicit-big-chicken-laplander hat tucked in my back pocket- (for later, of course) .
"Two Inches?" She said. "I can do better than that for Valentines Day, Mr Big."
And she walked out of the gym and my life.
And all she left me with was Woot.

alambrose

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alambrose

Anybody interested in these I would suggest looking at the Ironmaster Dumbbells. The quality (and of course, price) are much higher than these, but then you get what you pay for.

scobeto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scobeto

I have owned a set of Powerblocks for several years. They are compact, offer super easy weight changes, and have 2.5lb weight increments. Probably cost more, but are far superior to these or the Bowflex variety, IMO. If you are looking for a set for P90X or other program requiring frequent weight changes, I couldn't recommend anything more than a set of the Powerblocks.

rolede

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rolede

I got mine delivered OK but upon assembly, found that I could not mount the "cradle trays" to the base. From the photos it appeared that my trays were thicker and not designed to be mounted on the base. I contacted Weider and they sent me the correct pieces. So now I have the completed raised base unit with cradle trays, as well as two additional trays that can sit on the floor.