WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you cheat at Words With Friends?
  • 9.5% - Yes, with everyone. Thinking outside the box, I call it. 196
  • 14.9% - Yes, but only with certain people. Certain SMUG people. 309
  • 20.4% - No, that would be unfair. Winnings no fun when you cheat! 422
  • 46.4% - No, I don’t play Words With Friends. 962
  • 8.9% - No, I don’t play Words With Friends. I cheat at Scrabble, thank you very much. 184
2073 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

davidlevy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidlevy

Typo alert: "Winnings" should be "Winning's" (the contraction for "Winning is").

rustedspork31


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rustedspork31
davidlevy wrote:Typo alert: "Winnings" should be "Winning's" (the contraction for "Winning is").



Could go one step further and say it should be "Winning's not fun..."

Yeah, I realize the irony in pointing out the grammar error of "no fun."

olperfesser


quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

How does one cheat at Words with friends? (Says the guy who has memorized encyclopedias)

scarp54


quality posts: 1 Private Messages scarp54

My guess is that 80% of those that said they are not cheaters - are liars. The other 20% just don't know how to cheat.

PhilCarr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr
olperfesser wrote:How does one cheat at Words with friends? (Says the guy who has memorized encyclopedias)



I don't play WWF (what an acronym!) as I DESPISE iOS, but there are tons of websites out there that allow you to enter a string of letters and they'll generate all possible words that can be spelled with them.

archangel117


quality posts: 0 Private Messages archangel117
olperfesser wrote:How does one cheat at Words with friends? (Says the guy who has memorized encyclopedias)



http://www.scrabulizer.com/

This site lets you place the tiles that have been played onto the board, then it takes the tiles you have and tells you the best play points wise, as well as taking into account the tiles that are left in the bag to give you the best play strategy wise.

It has configurations for many different Scrabble-style games, including WWF.

ShaggyTx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaggyTx
olperfesser wrote:How does one cheat at Words with friends? (Says the guy who has memorized encyclopedias)



Type in your letter on an app call Lexeme and it will present you with all the combinations of words you can make. Use it on Hanging with Friends too!

pukeboy


quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
PhilCarr wrote:I don't play WWF (what an acronym!) as I DESPISE iOS, but there are tons of websites out there that allow you to enter a string of letters and they'll generate all possible words that can be spelled with them.



Once the World Wildlife Fund gets wind of this game, it will have to be renamed to Words With E-quaintances or something.


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

craig2197


quality posts: 1 Private Messages craig2197

okay, but how do you cheat at scramble? the only thing i can think of is taking a screenshot of the board at the very beginning, and then memorizing all the words... but that seems like a lot of work for very little payoff.

JRRB


quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

My family plays Words With Frinds as a way of keeping in touch. I haven't played with anyone else. I may only have a bachelor's degree to their doctorates or master's degrees, but mine is in English. Words are my friends, so I hold my own without cheating.

For the person who said they dispise iOS, I actually play on my Kindle Fire HD.

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Yeah there are tons of sites you can put your letters into and they'll give you all the options. You can even just ask Google "what 5 letter words start with Z" and find all sorts of help there.

I used to score hundreds more points than my wife every game until I finally told her she should try out scrabblecheat.com to make things more interesting.

These days I generally only beat her by 10-30 points. One time I passed for my first 5 turns just to give her a head start. I think she beat me by 6 points that time.

It's all fun..

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

ravynwolf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravynwolf
scarp54 wrote:My guess is that 80% of those that said they are not cheaters - are liars. The other 20% just don't know how to cheat.



It's not cheating if you both agree that everything is fair play.

jasonrdonaldson2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonrdonaldson2
PhilCarr wrote:I don't play WWF (what an acronym!) as I DESPISE iOS, but there are tons of websites out there that allow you to enter a string of letters and they'll generate all possible words that can be spelled with them.





It is also on Google Play for Android devices.

mrsque


quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

I have one friend that I play with whom I have known for almost 10 years and the dude is just not that bright but, all of sudden, when we are playing WWF (and ONLY when we are/were playing WWF), he suddenly has a very impressive command of the English language and vocabulary. And, if you are going to cheat, why play words you have no idea about their meaning. I confess, there have been times when I lucked up and something random passed the test and went through but consistently over and over again? at least cheat with the words you have a clue about.

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

RWoodward


quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
ravynwolf wrote:It's not cheating if you both agree that everything is fair play.


It's not really "playing" either. If you both use a program to tell you the best possible move, you might as well be watching other people play.

PhilCarr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr
jasonrdonaldson2 wrote:It is also on Google Play for Android devices.



Very good to know. I use MS devices (WP7 & Surface), though. I did buy my wife a Kindle Fire HD, though. I might have to give it a look.

dnlkolender


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender

Waddams Threatens Fire is Words With Friends???

AZScott


quality posts: 2 Private Messages AZScott

Woot?

tenderpetals


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenderpetals
scarp54 wrote:My guess is that 80% of those that said they are not cheaters - are liars. The other 20% just don't know how to cheat.


If the game board gets really tight or I have bad tiles, I like to lay tiles until they spell a word. Is that cheating?

PhilCarr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr
AZScott wrote:Woot?



Probably a filter for "what the heck"

nastyducky


quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

I've been wanting to try it because I'm a lifelong Scrabble fan, but now that I know anyone/everyone can cheat, I'm no longer interested.

I'll stick to the actual board game of Scrabble - it's more honest.

curtisuxor


quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Winners never cheat and cheaters never win, but do you know what those who don't win and don't cheat are? LOSERS.

DON'T BE A LOSER!