4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Asus 10.1" 32GB Tablet w/Keyboard Dock
$329.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen

God, I love Hawkwind. I'm going to go dig out my Space Ritual cd right now!

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis

I got the 16GB version of this last November and I love, love, love it! Mine came w/o a scratch on it - like new. The included keyboard was a selling point for me but, honestly, beyond charging it up and docking once or twice to make sure it worked I haven't used it. Highly recommended.

bucketachicken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bucketachicken
conanthelibrarian wrote:great reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) on just the tablet over at bestbuy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Transformer+Pad+Infinity+Tablet+with+32GB+Memory+-+Gray/5717344.p;jsessionid=173B6BF9BF1B622FB9819111B28FCE7D.bbolsp-app02-63?id=1218686513247&skuId=5717344

That's the TF700, which is a higher-spec'ed tablet. Though to be fair, this one has the same 4.3 out of 5

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Eee+Pad+Tablet+-+Blue/5359476.p?id=1218635271532&skuId=5359476&st=tf300&cp=1&lp=1

Crombie

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Crombie

I have the TF-700T and am convinced that there is not a better tablet on the planet. While a different model, ASUS has a great reputation of happy users. If anything happened to my ASUS tablet, I would not even look at or consider any other brand. I purchased the keyboard dock but have only used it twice and the virtual keypad is easy to use.

50% of the time I am using my ASUS tablet in bed watching Netflix, playing games, etc. The rest of the time I use it while sitting in my recliner while my family is watching TV.

The camera is awesome. I do not think you will be disappointed with any ASUS tablet.

avansmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avansmith

I have a similar product, the Asus Transformer Prime. I have both the tablet and the keyboard docking station. The product is a mixed bag.

The display is bright, vivid and has good viewing angles. The keyboard is decent and the dock has a small, additional battery to increase run time. Battery life is initially good. The tablet is easy to insert and remove from the dock. The dock is well executed and worth the investment.

GPS reception is poor. For a while, Asus gave away free GPS dongles to disgruntled customers. the dongle fits over the docking connector, so it was of limited usefulness. This offer has expired.

The other sensors all work as expected. The spun aluminum casing is attractive. The Tegra 3 processor has been powerful enough to handle most of the chores we have thrown at it.

My tablet began to hold less and less charge until it would not reach much above 50%. The charger has a design defect that is widely encountered, but that was not the problem with our tablet.

We sent the tablet and dock in for warranty service. It was returned with no explanation of remedy, so we phoned them and were told that the battery was replaced in the tablet. The charger also appears to have been replaced.

The display now has chips along the edges from rough disassembly by Asus technicians. Soon after the product returned, the charging problem manifested again.

If you can get a good iteration of the product, you will likely be happy. If your tablet is or becomes defective, you might be dissatisfied by Asus support.

climber117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages climber117

Looks like CyanogenMod is available, right? http://get.cm/?device=tf300t.

Anyone know anything about the difficulty of rooting, unlocking, and installing a custom ROM? Or about the general availability of third-party ROMs? From what I can tell they look pretty well kept up: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1582, but it's always hard to tell unless you actually have the device. I'd appreciate any thoughts people have.

eichin

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eichin

I got the 16G version from woot back in November ($20 cheaper, but other than the memory, looks like the same unit.) I carry it every day; I put a 64G microsd card in, and that's plenty of room for my recent photography. It's gotten several automatic software updates from Asus since it arrived.

Having the extra battery in the keyboard is nice. I mostly treat it as "a laptop that you can rip the screen off of" rather than "a tablet with an external keyboard", and I leave the touchpad turned off (I'm keyboard-oriented so occasionally reaching up to touch the screen works better for me.)

Although it shipped with Android ICS it upgraded to Jelly Bean right away, which meant that it actually supports directly working with Canon cameras (PTP, not USB Storage) so hooking up my camera, grabbing a handful of pictures, reviewing them on the hotel TV (via the microhdmi port and some generic adapter cables) and then pushing them to Flickr all Just Worked - it ended up being a better *laptop* than I expected, and cheap enough to not worry about so much when travelling.

robio

quality posts: 42 Private Messages robio

My company's CTO has one of these and thinks it's the bee's knees, for all the reasons mentioned by others above. Because he loves it so much, the CEO bought one too, and she's crazy about it.

Anecdotal and second hand, I know, but there ya go.

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85

Pro's and con's to getting this versus a new lenovo A2109 at the lenovo site for 230?

Paleogirl2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paleogirl2003

I have the tf201 and LOVE it!

It runs flawlessly, and Asus is great about updating it, unlike Verizon. I also love that Asus barely touched android (I'm a stock Google experience device fan).

The keyboard dock is an added bonus with great battery life and more ports than you could wish for. It also supports plug and play devices such as keyboards, mice, and game controllers.

Links to the model I own

Tf201

Tf201 Keyboard Dock

Case for both

chudleyone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chudleyone
nah85 wrote:Pro's and con's to getting this versus a new lenovo A2109 at the lenovo site for 230?

Lenovo has smaller screen with same resolution so it should seem cleaner, 3MP camera instead of 8MP, 8GB internal storage instead of 32GB, no keyboard included which also has an additional memory card slot & battery life. IdeaPad doesn't appear to have HDMI out if you plan on using with a TV. That looks to be the major differences for your $100 less.

jc5150

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jc5150

I was sitting on the fence last time this went on sale but after the glowing reviews I pulled the trigger and could not be happier. I bought it to replace my laptop but because the keyboard is so small it doesn't really fit the bill. But for browsing Reddit and checking e-mail while watching TV it is perfect. I can see the keyboard with its extra battery coming in handy on flights though (Europe to US flights for me are over 9 hours).

I also started dumping TV shows to a micro-SD card and watching them while I'm at the gym with my BT headphones. Works great with my HD mkv files (I'm using VLC player beta for Android but there are many others)

After my coworkers saw how well it ran they also picked up one so I'm responsible for at least 3 sales on Woot. Where's my commission!?

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85
chudleyone wrote:Lenovo has smaller screen with same resolution so it should seem cleaner, 3MP camera instead of 8MP, 8GB internal storage instead of 32GB, no keyboard included which also has an additional memory card slot & battery life. IdeaPad doesn't appear to have HDMI out if you plan on using with a TV. That looks to be the major differences for your $100 less.

It does have hdmi out. I can't find info if the lenovo can accept a keyboard dock and it seems people complain of the screen on the lenovo but not the asus, why if they both boast the same resolution?

swa1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages swa1
nah85 wrote:Pro's and con's to getting this versus a new lenovo A2109 at the lenovo site for 230?

I bought a Lenovo A2109 at Office Depot on sale last month for about that price and it turned out to be a good deal. The Lenovo is fast and works well. Added a compact Bluetooth keyboard (aluminum/white similar to Apple style) for <$20, and it works fine.

The A2109 has drawn reviewer criticism for its display and cameras. The display has good brightness, sharpness and excellent color rendition. What it doesn't have is wide viewing angles. You set it so the angle's right and it's fine, you move around, it's kind of dark and less definite.

I haven't tried the cameras in anything approaching bright, sunny lighting. In typical poor indoor lighting the images are such that you can recognize the subject, and that's about it. Lenovo needs to work on its cameras and has a long way to go. If a great built-in camera is important, you'd surely be happier with the Asus.

Sound from the Lenovo's speakers is wimpy, but that seems to be a tablet thing. With headphones or an external speaker it's pretty good.

Fit and finish are very good. The tablet has a nice, sturdy feel to it.

As for surfing and other basic functionality, the Lenovo is a good tablet at a very good price. I don't think you'd go wrong with the Lenovo or the Asus, but the latter costs $100 more, has the keyboard dock with extra battery power and undoubtedly better cameras. Good luck.

wendys10135

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wendys10135

Who refurbished this tablet?

swa1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages swa1
nah85 wrote:It does have hdmi out. I can't find info if the lenovo can accept a keyboard dock and it seems people complain of the screen on the lenovo but not the asus, why if they both boast the same resolution?

The Lenovo A2109 does not have a keyboard dock. Lenovo makes a bigger, more-expensive model with Qualcomm processor and excellent display for which a keyboard dock is available. It price is much higher than the A2109, plus the dock costs >$100.

The screen difference is due to the display technology. The A2109 uses a less-costly-to-make type that has been widely used on TV's. Evidently, TV's with bigger screens can get away with this techbology owing to their size and brightness characteristics. The tighter viewing angle is more of an issue on a smaller tablet screen. Again, I'm not really bothered by the screen characteristic and have read comments from other A2109 owners who say they're not bothered by it either. YMMV, of course.

BTW, my A2109 has 16GB, not 8.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jc5150 wrote:I was sitting on the fence last time this went on sale but after the glowing reviews I pulled the trigger and could not be happier. I bought it to replace my laptop but because the keyboard is so small it doesn't really fit the bill. But for browsing Reddit and checking e-mail while watching TV it is perfect. I can see the keyboard with its extra battery coming in handy on flights though (Europe to US flights for me are over 9 hours).

I also started dumping TV shows to a micro-SD card and watching them while I'm at the gym with my BT headphones. Works great with my HD mkv files (I'm using VLC player beta for Android but there are many others)

After my coworkers saw how well it ran they also picked up one so I'm responsible for at least 3 sales on Woot. Where's my commission!?

you have our gratitude. that's worth something, right?

.....right....?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jrhelou12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhelou12345

I bought this when it was up on Woot previously. I was very satisfied, the only issues I had were as follows:

The tablet had trouble multitasking. For example, if I was updating my apps it would have issues with sometimes freezing when running games.

Also, it will now recognize and accept a 64 GB micro SD card with the update, but from my experience it would sometimes freeze or transfer files very slowly to it when putting large amounts of files on it.

Overall, I would definitely recommend buying this despite the issues I mentioned above.

Also, for those looking for a quality case that can accommodate the keyboard dock as well I recommend this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00832SKWM/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

bookmonkey786

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bookmonkey786

I got this the first time around. The presence of the keyboard makes all the difference IMO. you can actually use it to to real work, taking notes in class and editing it. You get so much precision and comfort with a physical keyboard and mouse pad. I wont ever buy another tablet that wasn't designed with a keyboard dock in mind.

One gripe is that i cant seem to delete or edit the the included bookmarks book mark in the Chrome browser or get it to integrate with a bookmark manager. I could do it in the other default browser and i use that most of the time but it has some problem displaying of my school's web sites. but its not a big deal.

The GPS on this one works just fine.

quevvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quevvy
bookmonkey786 wrote:One gripe is that i cant seem to delete or edit the the included bookmarks book mark in the Chrome browser or get it to integrate with a bookmark manager.

If you delete com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks in the apps manager, they will go away. I did that and have not had any issues since.

HANG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HANG

Any one know about the tax coupon no longer working?
Ive seen the questiom posted, but no answers..can any 1 chime in....woot staff?

timk1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timk1

I bought one in January and have had no problems with the tablet. The docking station however, currently has an ASUS "RMA" on it and I have sent it in for servicing. The touch pad pooped the bed.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye

Will I be able to Woot! from this or will it be like my mobile phone; look only no buy?

aznativo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznativo

And word of caution to anyone considering purchasing anything made by ASUS: they have the worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. I have the 16gb TF300T and the charging cable developed a problem within two months. ASUS gave me such a run-around in my attempts to get them to replace it, I finally gave up and ordered a new one from Amaz*n.

aznativo

wendys10135 wrote:Who refurbished this tablet?

If it's like the one I Wooted for my wife a few months ago, no one. Almost immediately, we had to send it back to ASUS to fix multiple problems. Guess who pays for shipping it to them.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

aznativo wrote:And word of caution to anyone considering purchasing anything made by ASUS: they have the worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. I have the 16gb TF300T and the charging cable developed a problem within two months. ASUS gave me such a run-around in my attempts to get them to replace it, I finally gave up and ordered a new one from Amaz*n.

I don't know if you bought it from us, but if you did, please keep in mind you can email Support@Woot.com for assistance with that sort of issue.

We certainly want to know if you're experiencing difficulty receiving the customer service you deserve, and we'll help any way we can.

ETA: Ah, I see you did buy it from us.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

aznativo

PemberDucky wrote:I don't know if you bought it from us, but if you did, please keep in mind you can email Support@Woot.com for assistance with that sort of issue.

We certainly want to know if you're experiencing difficulty receiving the customer service you deserve, and we'll help any way we can.

ETA: Ah, I see you did buy it from us.

I bought a refurb tablet/keyboard combo from Woot for my wife. Later I found a great deal on a new tablet only so I got that for me (I offered the new one to my wife, but she wanted the keyboard). So, wife's refurb from Woot had to go in for repair within hours and my new one had the charging cable problem.

My gripe is with ASUS' customer service; judging from posts on the Internet, in general, many people have problems with their customer service.

entraine

quality posts: 2 Private Messages entraine

Can this thing be connected to my home workgroup so I can access files from my NAS drive, or stream video from my media server?

And can I read/write documents and other files from/to my network? i.e. is it as practical as a laptop when interfacing with a home network (files, printer, etc..)

sweh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweh

I have a TF201 ("Prime") and bought the 16Gb TF300 in the last Woot (November). The 300 isn't quite as good as the 201 (slightly thicker, screen not as nice) but it's still a very very nice tablet, and the keyboard is perfectly adequate; I've been able to program on it (ssh'd into a Unix machine) as if it was a laptop, and browse the web as if it was a tablet. It really does both jobs very well!

fubar2us

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fubar2us

I bought this off of a side deal two weeks ago for the same price. It is now in the mail heading back to woot due to it not working and them telling me they do not have a replacement to send me. ASUS refused to help me stating that the 90 day warranty does not come into effect if the unit was broken when I received it. I did however turn around and buy the 700 which I love. Just wish I could have kept this one at the awsome price.

acraigl

quality posts: 47 Private Messages acraigl

I have the TF700T (Infinity Pad) model and love it. Aside from the screen, this is basically the same model and a great price with the keyboard dock. I use mine everyday (rooted for extra "mineness").

acraigl

quality posts: 47 Private Messages acraigl
entraine wrote:Can this thing be connected to my home workgroup so I can access files from my NAS drive, or stream video from my media server?

Yes. It can also act as a server to stream content to DLNA enabled TVs.

dvalmont

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dvalmont

Wooted this same deal back in January and couldn't be happier with it!
The sound is better than I expected from 1 speaker. I love the keyboard dock and its great to be able to plug a USB mouse in sometimes.

cubbiemi

quality posts: 40 Private Messages cubbiemi
avansmith wrote:I have a similar product, the Asus Transformer Prime.
GPS reception is poor.

The reason the Prime had bad GPS was sadly because of the metal case. It looked pretty, but the somehow missed it killed off the GPS functioning.

I owned a TF101, the first Transformer. I purchased the TF300 with dock Woot offered before. (16 GB). Had I known they would be offering the 32 GB version I might have waited.

The case is plastic, and only 1 speaker are the biggest differences.

It feels peppier than the TF101, and isn't as heavy (metal case vs plastic).

I had to send the TF101 dock in for repair once, there was a problem with the battery running down because it was ignoring a setting. Mine came back just as nice as when I sent it out, and they even replaced the latch for docking that I didn't realize wasn't working 100% right.

While there are many horror stories about ASUS support, the grain of salt to take is this - how often do you see people posting rave reviews online. People are much more likely to post when things have gone wrong.

I know some of the units from the previous sale weren't well received, some had issues out of the box but there were others that looked pristine.

As always YMMV, objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

bigchrome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigchrome

How does this tablet stack up against Samsumg Note 10.1?

ssteinbergmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssteinbergmd

bought one of these from Woot last time it was for sale--and it came with the screen damaged. Very annoyed. Shipped it back. DONT BUY it if you want a product that doesnt have a risk of being damaged.

mikepp33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikepp33

I am glad all of you love your tablet. I bought mine brand new from best buy right after xmas...and I have exchanged it 5 times due to dead pixels. No more...I am returning it.

redsphinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redsphinx

I own one if these (bought from Game Stop before Christmas) and absolutely love it. But the screen on these scratches very easily so make sure to put a screen protector on it right away.