gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
bigchrome wrote:How does this tablet stack up against Samsumg Note 10.1?

If you need the functionality of the stylus and will be using it a lot- go with the note. If the stylus thing is not a priority, this is a better tablet.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wendys10135 wrote:Who refurbished this tablet?

Since it has an Asus warranty, it's either Asus or a 3rd party vendor of their choosing. We don't have access to any more information than that.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

fubar2us wrote:I bought this off of a side deal two weeks ago for the same price. It is now in the mail heading back to woot due to it not working and them telling me they do not have a replacement to send me. ASUS refused to help me stating that the 90 day warranty does not come into effect if the unit was broken when I received it. I did however turn around and buy the 700 which I love. Just wish I could have kept this one at the awsome price.

Sorry for the problems.with the tablet. At that time, we wouldn't have had a replacement. This is a new supply of tablets for this sale.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ferdelance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferdelance

Love the tablet, hate that it won't run flash. I can't use my Amazon prime with it. Amazon needs to upgrade to the latest. Sideloading isn't a viable option any longer, too buggy. The tablet is awesome otherwise. I'm using it to write this.

ted k hood

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

I have this tablet, bought it brand new from Gamestop before xmas and got a dock from Amazon.

It is ok. It is just a little too slow; it does not have enough RAM to multitask well. I have to close everything to watch an HD movie.

I haven't found a browser that performs exceptionally well on it, though Chrome comes to the closest while being one of the least featured browsers offered. That is to say, browsers are slow to open and load, crash fairly frequently, and often don't display web pages correctly (last one is mostly a fault of mobile-hybrid browsers rather than this tablet, but this tablet doesn't help their performance)

Anyways, one day I will just buy an ultrabook and be done with it.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
ferdelance wrote:Love the tablet, hate that it won't run flash. I can't use my Amazon prime with it. Amazon needs to upgrade to the latest. Sideloading isn't a viable option any longer, too buggy. The tablet is awesome otherwise. I'm using it to write this.

Did you try it together with Dolphin? Did you uninstall the old flash first? Try this

RascalMJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RascalMJ

What about this vs the

IdeaTab (S2) S2110 - 2258E5U

Same price, not refurbished, keyboard dock is included

Disconnect

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Disconnect

As another poster said, it is a laptop that you can take the screen off. That part is awesome. What isn't awesome is flash performance.

I had a Transformer Prime with dock, and it was great for most things. Browsing (especially when Chrome came out) was insanely clunky, but everything else was good. Then other apps started getting slow.. Turns out they were writing to flash more frequently. Anything that writes or reads is unbearably slow.

After a fall (cracked screen, but it was onto brick so its not a quality issue) and the failed gps (a total quality issue) I squaretraded it and got a Transformer Infinity. Even during the "new toy" period, I would open it to go to a web page and while it thought .. forever .. I'd just grab my phone, look it up and go back to what I was doing. (Almost always before it even managed to finish displaying.)

The flash (disk) performance is so unbearably slow I ended up returning it and getting a Nexus 10. The difference is night and day. I wish the N10 had a keyboard dock, and the second battery was awesome, but the Asus just wasn't usable. Once a game/page/whatever loaded, it was great. Until it went to load a new level, or cache something, or save your score.. Then it was great again after that, until the next time.

tl;dr: Performance is great, except when it (frequently) goes to use the disk. Poor disk (flash) performance destroys the usability. Even apps like Pandora were affected.

lichme

quality posts: 2652 Private Messages lichme

You may want to act fast if you are interested, soldout in 13 hours the Last Time it was sold

Disconnect

cubbiemi wrote:The reason the Prime had bad GPS was sadly because of the metal case. It looked pretty, but the somehow missed it killed off the GPS functioning.

My experience with the Prime doesn't support that. It got -great- reception (even indoors) when it was new, but got worse over time until it just stopped working entirely. I didn't add more metal to the case or anything..

MartinMalley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MartinMalley

Love the one I got last month, but the keyboard won't charge. I called Asus, but they wouldn't honor the warranty! Why? Because the serial number stickers were blank. Looking at the numbers on the pad, noticed a white smudge on my finger. The numbers rubbed off! So next week I'm going back to Asus to get my keyboard fixed.

RascalMJ

lichme wrote:You may want to act fast if you are interested, soldout in 13 hours the Last Time it was sold

crud, not sure i am do all my research in that amount of time

sirspens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sirspens

I got one of these about a month ago when they were on, as well as three other friends. It is everything I expected. Fast, good touch screen, and powerful (specs aren't that off from a laptop from three years ago).

They keyboard is missing a few interesting keys, such as "esc" and "delete", but it works great. And with the keyboard you basically have a little laptop.

The built-in microSD card can read up to 32gigs, but I have seen on many message boards that if you go with the right card, it can work with a 64gig microSD. The SD card reader in the keyboard can also work with 64gigs, which means the memory is expandable to 160gigs (theoretically).

Asus has released a bootloader editor on their website, stating that they believe everybody should have the ability to easily control their devices as they see fit. I have not got around to it yet, but I plan on loading Ubuntu onto the keyboard SD card so that whenever the keyboard is attached I have the ability to dual boot into an actual operating system.

Disconnect

sirspens wrote:I got one of these about a month ago when they were on, as well as three other friends. It is everything I expected. Fast, good touch screen, and powerful (specs aren't that off from a laptop from three years ago).

They keyboard is missing a few interesting keys, such as "esc" and "delete", but it works great. And with the keyboard you basically have a little laptop.

Back functions as escape in most apps, and fn-backspace is delete IIRC.

burmeses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burmeses

How does this Asus TF300 T-B1-BL Transformer Pad compare to the ASUS VivoTab RT TF600T-B1-GR on Amazon for $393 ? The TF300 has Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and the TF600 has Windows 8 RT. What are the advantages of each? What else should I be looking at when comparing these Asus tablets??

RascalMJ

...from what i gather, the going rate for a new one of these is $350ish (no keyboard/dock). So, for a refurb we are getting $20ish off and a free keyboard/dock.

Sound about right?

win1000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages win1000

I don't know much about jellybeans or ice creams other than the ones that we can eat, but can apps such as MS word, excel, powerpoint work on this Asus tablet? Or does it work with compatible software?

RascalMJ

burmeses wrote:How does this Asus TF300 T-B1-BL Transformer Pad compare to the ASUS VivoTab RT TF600T-B1-GR on Amazon for $393 ? The TF300 has Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and the TF600 has Windows 8 RT. What are the advantages of each? What else should I be looking at when comparing these Asus tablets??

The one on amazon does not include the keyboard/dock, but does have a link to get it 50% off to be $80

ThunderThighs

Staff

MartinMalley wrote:Love the one I got last month, but the keyboard won't charge. I called Asus, but they wouldn't honor the warranty! Why? Because the serial number stickers were blank. Looking at the numbers on the pad, noticed a white smudge on my finger. The numbers rubbed off! So next week I'm going back to Asus to get my keyboard fixed.

I don't see the purchase in your account but if you bought it from us, please email support@woot.com so they can help you.

dtron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtron

In for 1! Valentine's day jewelry, psht.

MartinMalley

Bought it Jan. 14. I did call and you didn't have a replacement. It's a good deal even without the extra battery so I didn't want a full refund. So you gave me a discount.

So now, in my mind, it is up to Asus to make it right.

ThunderThighs wrote:I don't see the purchase in your account but if you bought it from us, please email support@woot.com so they can help you.

iisaintii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iisaintii
MartinMalley wrote:Love the one I got last month, but the keyboard won't charge. I called Asus, but they wouldn't honor the warranty! Why? Because the serial number stickers were blank. Looking at the numbers on the pad, noticed a white smudge on my finger. The numbers rubbed off! So next week I'm going back to Asus to get my keyboard fixed.

I had the same problem, and the charge cable was bad. I ordered a new pair of them from Amazon for $14, charged without a hitch.

jconnoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jconnoll

I bought this same item on Woot (the 16GB version) with the dock the day before Thanksgiving. Item arrived, but touchscreen was DOA. Had to return it to Asus, they wanted me to pay for shipping but finally relented, and in two weeks I had it back with a new screen. Then, I discover the microphone doesn't function, so RMA again and back to Asus it goes. They ship it back to me without touching it. I spend two hours on the phone with their customer service, get a new RMA with a supervisor's note attached, send it back to Asus again. They keep it for a week, replace some other components that worked fine, and ship it back to me (two weeks later) with the mic still not working.

BE CAREFUL when buying Asus refurbs, as if you look in Transformer forums, they either work great or have strange DOA issues that only seem to be ultimately fixed by exchanging the item at the point of sale for another unit. Where do you think all those wonky non-functional units end up? For sale as refurbs...

Please use my experience as a cautionary tale. This is a great device, but you are seriously rolling the dice here. It'll either work, or it won't, and in my case I spent almost two months with my tablet in their repair center or on a FedEx truck rather than using it, only to return it in the end. I have no confidence in the Asus repairs for Android devices where there are non-major (i.e., not just a battery that needs replacing) issues at hand.

Asus + refurb = caveat emptor.

MartinMalley

In my case, the tablet charges fine through the docking station or through the tablet directly. (Although the plug can slip a little and stop charging.)

iisaintii wrote:I had the same problem, and the charge cable was bad. I ordered a new pair of them from Amazon for $14, charged without a hitch.

jeffflanagan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffflanagan

I got the 16GB version via Woot a few months ago. It seems a little not ready for release, with a couple of config screens displayed sideways, but other than that it's very nice for Internet access, plays youtube videos fine, and the dual batteries last a long time.

ohsnaparoomba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ohsnaparoomba

So just to be clear, your review is of an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PRODUCT.

avansmith wrote:I have a similar product, the Asus Transformer Prime. I have both the tablet and the keyboard docking station. The product is a mixed bag.

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85
swa1 wrote:I bought a Lenovo A2109 at Office Depot on sale last month for about that price and it turned out to be a good deal. The Lenovo is fast and works well. Added a compact Bluetooth keyboard (aluminum/white similar to Apple style) for <$20, and it works fine.

What kind/where did you get the bluetooth keyboard?

It also seems the lenovo supports flash while this tablet does not.

mamoscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamoscott

I had the same problem with those dumb serial number stickers when I purchased last time. When I contacted ASUS customer service, I had to get the numbers off the boxes/packaging before they would honor anything.

Also, I purchased in the last sale and could not have been more disappointed. The USB cable and charger were not functioning, and ASUS customer service refused to replace it without me paying to ship the entire package back (tablet/keyboard), because "they were all warrantied together." Essentially, they wanted me to spend $20+ to ship and insure the entire package back to them before they would ship me an USB charging cable that probably costs them 20 cents.

You find a more detailed account of my experience in the last sale thread here:

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5325769&pageindex=2&replycount=84#post5332423

Woot had no replacements on hand, so I ended up sending the whole thing back to them for a full refund. I own 2 regular ASUS Windows laptops. They are great value for your money, but if something breaks down, prepare for a nightmarish experience dealing with their customer service.

This is a "good deal," but you can even look at the comments on the last sale and see that there were quite a few people that got DOA or poorly refurbished products in the mail on this unit. I would not purchase this tablet/combo again and may never purchase any ASUS product at this point until they make some major improvements to their customer service and refurb processes/policies.

I should also add that Woot customer service was fantastic and very responsive during this process and that I have purchased/owned multiple iterations of the Transformer+keyboard dock combo. They all seem to have their share of nagging issues, and I always tend to gravitate back to my Motorola Xoom tablet with bluetooth keyboard combo instead, which is a rock and has given me zero problems since I got it.

sirspens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sirspens
Disconnect wrote:Back functions as escape in most apps, and fn-backspace is delete IIRC.

Yes, but as I said, I plan on putting Ubunutu on here, so they will be missing buttons.

dgianetti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgianetti
climber117 wrote:Looks like CyanogenMod is available, right? http://get.cm/?device=tf300t.

Anyone know anything about the difficulty of rooting, unlocking, and installing a custom ROM? Or about the general availability of third-party ROMs? From what I can tell they look pretty well kept up: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1582, but it's always hard to tell unless you actually have the device. I'd appreciate any thoughts people have.

I was thinking of rooting mine. It doesn't appear that difficult. Do some searching and there's a comprehensive guide to do so. WARNING: it will void your warranty. It's the only reason I haven't done mine yet.

KSCajun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KSCajun

Asus makes a good product. I'm waiting for the more expensive Asus TF700 w 64k to be offered by Woot. Keep in touch?

scott.hall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scott.hall
win1000 wrote:I don't know much about jellybeans or ice creams other than the ones that we can eat, but can apps such as MS word, excel, powerpoint work on this Asus tablet? Or does it work with compatible software?

The MS Office Suite won't work on this, but a bunch of "Office clone' apps do. Quick Office, Polaris, etc. You can do everything you can do in MS Office.

The only caveat I have is to ask yourself how much you want to try to edit a spreadsheet or type a long document on a tablet. I had Polaris on one tablet and have Quick Office on my current tablet. I never use them. It's far easier to just use the laptop.

kellyjgilbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kellyjgilbert

Anyone have a case they love? I'm not sure what to order.

scott.hall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scott.hall
KSCajun wrote:Asus makes a good product. I'm waiting for the more expensive Asus TF700 w 64k to be offered by Woot. Keep in touch?

Exactly. Please offer a new (not refurb--the Asus refurb stories scare me) TF700 64G (in silver, please). The only reason I didn't buy this one is the Asus refurb issue and that I want the 700 sooooooo much more.

reynoja3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reynoja3

Well I just ordered me one now I have to sale my TF101 with doc... Mine is an amazing tablet so I can't wait to see this one.

Patsycar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Patsycar
wendys10135 wrote:Who refurbished this tablet?

Hey, don't look at me, OK? I was cleaning my sock drawer that day, AND I have witnesses.

kenfromlv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenfromlv

Best tablet for long distance travel.

I bought this tablet for long plane trips and it's perfect for that. MicroSDXC compatible, so you can put plenty of music or movies on a card to keep you entertained. Some other tablets (ipad) want you to stream everything from the cloud, which is useless on a plane. With the dock, battery life is enough to survive the longest flights. Google maps lets you cache maps so that you can use the GPS to navigate around foreign cities. Replaced my netbook, e-reader, and MP3 player with one device! I love it.

akraby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akraby
fubar2us wrote:I bought this off of a side deal two weeks ago for the same price. It is now in the mail heading back to woot due to it not working and them telling me they do not have a replacement to send me. ASUS refused to help me stating that the 90 day warranty does not come into effect if the unit was broken when I received it. I did however turn around and buy the 700 which I love. Just wish I could have kept this one at the awsome price.

Same thing happened to me. So disappointed. I'm a little torn at going there again!

rmnoble1250

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmnoble1250

I bought the 16 GB version last November and I absolutely love it. This is my 2nd Android Table and it has performed flawlessly. When I first booted it up in automatically upgraded the OS to Jelly Bean, which is a plus. The extra battery in the keyboard is awesome because it provides 15 hrs of battery life. I use it with and without the keyboard dock.

win1000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages win1000
scott.hall wrote:The MS Office Suite won't work on this, but a bunch of "Office clone' apps do. Quick Office, Polaris, etc. You can do everything you can do in MS Office.

The only caveat I have is to ask yourself how much you want to try to edit a spreadsheet or type a long document on a tablet. I had Polaris on one tablet and have Quick Office on my current tablet. I never use them. It's far easier to just use the laptop.

Thank you. Very helpful.