WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Design Craft Outdoor Lighting & Decor

You think stubbing your toe on the coffee table in the middle of the night sucks, try whacking it on a sandstone garden fountain. I know they say that beauty is pain, but I'm pretty sure they meant something more along the lines of waxing your upper lip or, well, all those other weird things women do to look pretty.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

So the fountains indicate "Special Note: Recommended for use with distilled water to reduce mineral deposits and bacteria build-up". Has anyone ever been successful in keeping the circulating equipment clear of debris from birds, bugs and wind blown items? I would think if using distilled water is recommended, this may not hold up well in my backyard.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

serenitysk8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serenitysk8r

The Naples fountain looks identical and has the same model number as this one at Amazon for $314.00.
http://www.amazon.com/Kenroy-Home-50198SMG-Cannonade-Fountain/dp/B0055X9R0G

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

we don't have the naples one, but our outdoor fountain does really well. It does get slimey around the inside edges occasionally, I just wipe it down with a paper towel to get the slime off, while it's running. I don't use distilled water, but in Vancouver, we have great soft water, so I'm not worried about a scaley build up. I absolutely love the sound of the fountain, even if my husband complains the deck around it is always wet from it splashing. We have cats... so no bird problem

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12

I work in the electrical/lighting department in the store of a big home improvement retailer. The MSRP of these items is highly over-inflated. The woot prices are more expensive than they should be. You can find solar lights just like this, with more light output and better style, for about the same price or less.

larryhelmke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryhelmke

wondering if the water supply is completely internal within the base, so you just need to fill it up once in a while?? Or does it require a 'pit' that needs to be dug under it for the water??

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

I can't tell about the water supply. These seem to be listed under Kenroy on Amazon.

I'm not sure where I could put the solar panel spike on my balcony but I think this would be hilarious. I had set up a big ceramic planter as a pond/fountain once upon a time but the pump kept trying to float up and I gave up on it. The cats loved it, though.

I really want this.

cf

Well. I looked at reviews for a different model of Kenroy and there were a lot of complaints about missing parts and poor quality.

I bought the tabletop one so I guess I'll just try that one and hold off on the larger model until I hear back from other wooters.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Nothing says "cheesy" like outdoor solar-powered lighting. While in theory these things will work for hours after dusk on a sunny day, they're useless in the morning, useless on cloudy days, and dim. It's a little more work to put in a transformer with a timer and low-voltage cabling, but the difference in performance is - well - night and day.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

First thought that came to my mind with the fountains is that I'd need to constantly go pee if I was sitting out near one. Curse my mother for potty training me by turning on the water faucet.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

There were some questions on water storage. We've contacted the vendor and they kindly sent us the PDF instructions. We thought these might help.

Captiva Solar Fountain

Naples Solar Fountain

Siesta Solar Fountain

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

benebeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benebeth

I've had this for a month and can't get it to work. What a waste of money.

ThunderThighs

Staff

benebeth wrote:I've had this for a month and can't get it to work. What a waste of money.

Sorry for the problems. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for some help?

FORUM MODERATOR

cf

Mine works but it only works when it is really sunny and shining directly on the panel. If I lived in the desert, it would probably work great.

Totally not worth $80. Maybe $30.