2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Klipsch Image E1 Earbuds
$14.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

so-so reviews on amazon. good bit of one stars.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-E1-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B007RM0X38

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

marksatx23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marksatx23

Hey Woot! Thanks for the very persuasive specs you posted!

Kapil

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Kapil

Am I the only one who finds that the standard iDevice headphones just fall out of the ears? ...or are my ears just shaped funny? The only in-ear headphones I can get to stay in their intended place is these plug types that fit snug and also help seal ambient noise, so for those reasons alone, these have my vote. Plus Klipsch generally makes good stuff.

--
www.kapilville.com

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

I would, but I already own a bunch of earbuds, and all of them fall out of my ears.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

a few good reviews over at newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826779042

editorkid

quality posts: 95 Private Messages editorkid

Does this only come with the one size of ear tips?

[MOD: They come with 3 tips. We updated the Specs page.]

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

The reviews at Amazon with 3.5 out of 5 stars say they are OK, for this price I think they should be a great deal.

I can't speak for the E1's, but the Klipsch S3's that I got my Nephew were the longest lasting earbuds he had every owned. Usually he would go through a set of buds in a month or two, even with more expensive ones. The Klipsch lasted him over 7 months before they stopped working, even then an email to Klipsch describing the problem and they honored their warranty - had a new pair in three days postage paid! Hes had the second set since last November and uses them every day, still working great.

I wouldn't hesitate buying a couple of pairs, especially if you want a better than throwaway set of buds at a good price from a company you can trust to be around when you need the warranty service.

brentjcook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brentjcook
Kapil wrote:Am I the only one who finds that the standard iDevice headphones just fall out of the ears? ...or are my ears just shaped funny? The only in-ear headphones I can get to stay in their intended place is these plug types that fit snug and also help seal ambient noise, so for those reasons alone, these have my vote. Plus Klipsch generally makes good stuff.

Standard iDevice headphones are earbuds and these are in-ear. Earbuds aren't inserted into the ear canal. I like in-ears for the reasons you mentioned, plus better bass response.

brentjcook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brentjcook
baybei wrote:I would, but I already own a bunch of earbuds, and all of them fall out of my ears.

The description is wrong. These aren't earbuds...they're in-ears. Earbuds fall out of my ears too, but most in-ears I've tried stay in pretty well. Comfort is hit or miss.

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme

I think these are fine if you are static (sitting at your desk), but if you listen to music while mowing the lawn, I'd expect a slight tug on the cord to pull them out.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

theguruguys

lichme wrote:I think these are fine if you are static (sitting at your desk), but if you listen to music while mowing the lawn, I'd expect a slight tug on the cord to pull them out.

They usually come with a set of three different types of tips (the reviews at Amazon mention the E1's have 'an assortment of tips'), they fit in the ear pretty well. My nephew wears his all the time (too much actually), when hes in the car with me I often have to yank one out of his ear to get his attention, they don't come out that easily.

disraeli

quality posts: 7 Private Messages disraeli
theguruguys wrote:They usually come with a set of three different types of tips, they fit in the ear pretty well. My nephew wears his all the time (too much actually), when hes in the car with me I often have to yank one out of his ear to get his attention, they don't come out that easily.

Be careful you don't pull his damn ear off.

Technically, the glass is always full.

SonovaVondruke

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SonovaVondruke

My wife bought me these for X-mas, they're okay.. slip out of my ears a lot, have to really shove them in, and they sometimes create negative pressure on my ear drum.. creating a sort of vacuum suction when I pull them out. As for the quality of the sound... meh, bass is alright.. but then again.. I think there is no such thing as an amazing ear bud, at least one to justify a $100 purchase (in general), no matter how much self described "audiophiles" claim that there is.

$20 is exactly how much these should have retailed for at release, not at End of Life. $50? Only if it made me eggs in the morning.

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

I LOVE these headphones! Klipsch is known for their good bass response and the E1's pack a wallop in that department, which is awesome for running or biking (anything rhythmic). Their accuracy in the higher ranges is slightly compromised but overall very crisp audio, great for working out.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

theguruguys

You can find extra tips for these headphones at Klipsch, or on Amazon. They have different sizes, I just linked to a couple.

MOD: Did I mess up a link on the last one or something?

inspyral

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inspyral

A lot of the negative leaning Amazon reviews mention that the cable transfers a lot of noise if you're moving around, so these might not be the best if you're wanting to use them for running/cycling, etc.

(=゜ω゜)ノ

telegon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages telegon

These have the same earbuds as the S 3, and I wouldn't recommend them. Unless you are not moving, the sound will shift ear to ear and require constant adjustment. I wore them twice.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

theguruguys wrote:You can find extra tips for these headphones at Klipsch, or on Amazon. They have different sizes, I just linked to a couple.

MOD: Did I mess up a link on the last one or something?

The post I saw was empty.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lolamarya

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lolamarya

I don't like these types of earbuds because they always feel like they are molesting my ears. I can't wear earbuds that prevent me from hearing everything, so Bose has done me well. If you want comfort, good sound and something that won't fall out, those are the best, but come with $100 price tag. It's well worth it if you have it.

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

The Klipsch Image S3 earbuds are probably the best I've found for my purposes... fit great and give really good sound when surrounded by a helmet (I understand not everyone might have this circumstance) and are great at isolating sound.

Now, presumably the S3s are better than these, the E1s. I'm willing to give em a shot.

cikatriz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cikatriz

I can't speak for the sound quality of this particular model, but I'm in love with the design.

I've had a pair of Klipsch S4i's for almost two years now and I adore them. I use the largest pair of tips provided and they squeeze snugly into my ears. No irritation and no jostling about. You can go about your business and they will stay put until you yank them out.

pangurban

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pangurban
theguruguys wrote:The reviews at Amazon with 3.5 out of 5 stars say they are OK, for this price I think they should be a great deal.

I can't speak for the E1's, but the Klipsch S3's that I got my Nephew were the longest lasting earbuds he had every owned. Usually he would go through a set of buds in a month or two, even with more expensive ones. The Klipsch lasted him over 7 months before they stopped working, even then an email to Klipsch describing the problem and they honored their warranty - had a new pair in three days postage paid! Hes had the second set since last November and uses them every day, still working great.

I wouldn't hesitate buying a couple of pairs, especially if you want a better than throwaway set of buds at a good price from a company you can trust to be around when you need the warranty service.

I had the same great experience with klipsch customer service: I tend to batter ear buds pretty mercilessly, and in spite of best efforts to change my ways, still killed my beloved S4 set in about 9 months. Klipsch honored the warranty, no problem. (The replacements fell victim to the cat, a year later, but it was an easy call to buy more. /That/ set is still going strong.)

The S4's are an all-around great product. I've not tried the E1's, but if they're a fraction as good, they're worth having.

VIDEOSENSATIONS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages VIDEOSENSATIONS

i have the s3 and s4

s3 were onsale for 20 bucks and the s4 are around 60 both sound the same

im not sure about these but for the money klipsch anything has never disappointed me

love my klipsch speakers horns, cornwalls lascalas heryses

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3

The klipsch image headphones seem backwards in how they fit. For me, it's a better fit to put the right in my left ear and vice versa. Seems an odd design.

hbeardave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hbeardave

I prefer foam tips to any sort of rubber/silicone.

Anyone know if these will accept the Shure foam tips? (yellow has smaller diameter hole in the center, orange a bit larger)

For me, foam is.more comfortable, isolates better, and cuts down on sound transfer from the cord.
I loop the cord from behind, over the top of.the ear like most vocal performers.

Foam eventually gets "gunky" but just toss and replace...about $15 for a pack of 10 at Amazon

Uranus633

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uranus633

The S4's are an all-around great product. I've not tried the E1's, but if they're a fraction as good, they're worth having.

I was going to say the same thing lol. I love my S4's

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222

no mike?? can't use

aggiechick

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aggiechick

I've had my S4i headphones for about a year and a half and love them. I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat if I ever needed a replacement.

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap
VIDEOSENSATIONS wrote:i have the s3 and s4

s3 were onsale for 20 bucks and the s4 are around 60 both sound the same

im not sure about these but for the money klipsch anything has never disappointed me

love my klipsch speakers horns, cornwalls lascalas heryses

I agree about the Klipsch service and quality. The best set of semi-portable speakers I've bought were the Klipsch iFi's, which I bought for a graduation present for a friend's son. Before I shipped them out to him, I had to try them myself, in a very demanding setting - my workplace, which is a library. Here is the little clip I shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3qKPp_reK4

badhabit12

quality posts: 15 Private Messages badhabit12

You can purchase very cheaply assorted sizes & shapes of replacement ear buds (the soft rubbery part that inserts into the ear canal. I keep a small storage container with a back up supply.
Just in-case I need to change sizes. Why let a good deal pass by. I just plan ahead.

****** DID I MISS SOMETHING???

There are "NO" specs. All it said was:

In the box:
Klipsch Image E1 Noise-Isolating Earbuds
(3) Ear Tip Sizes
-----------------------

My experience has been when the manufacturer leaves out important details like this, that their hiding something "negative" that would stop sales. Better to leave things murky & confusing.

I hope I'm wrong and I miss read or missed the true link to the specs. But that's what popped up when I pressed SPECS.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

"Noise isolating" are such marketing weasel words. Kind of like the "peak music power" they used to put on cheap stereos or the 80x digital zoom on some cheap cameras.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

klandon61

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klandon61
theguruguys wrote:The reviews at Amazon with 3.5 out of 5 stars say they are OK, for this price I think they should be a great deal.

Also have the S3 and S4's. Bought the S3's on strength of Klipsch name. Waste of money. Tinny, no bass. Got the S4's on sale and found them to be far, far superior.I would not expect much from the E1 model.

Neopluto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neopluto

Not sure what to do.
I'd be going from Sennheiser 300-whatever to this. I don't mind cable transfer but I'm sick of having sh*tty build quality and then the company NEVER answers my request to fulfill the warranty. The senns I have were designed by an Milton so sound is good but the plug broke in 5 days of light use.

Been looking at klipsch, but S4 and don't want to make the jump yet with the Senn disappointment ($40 already)...what do wooters think?

mboss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mboss

Not that great of a deal considering you can get them for $25 with amazon prime and $20 here(with shipping).

bourbon98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bourbon98

Got Klipsch earbuds as a gift a few years ago. LOVE THEM! More comfortable than most ear buds, and great sound quality. This is a real bargain!

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady

Must have white. Black is so pedestrian.

ja35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ja35

I also have the similarly shaped S3's and have mixed feelings about them. The fit is just different. I have to rotate them 90 degrees forward and push upward to really get them in place, then I have a total air seal so it takes a lot of fiddling to equalize the pressure to get reasonable sound. Once they're really in place, they work reasonably well. For just casual listening, reversing them left-to-right does fit my ear canal better, but then part of the speaker body pokes into my ear.

michelerudenko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michelerudenko

5 sets of tips, from very small to LARGE