terhart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terhart

Are these set up with the plug in for the airplane sound systems either 1 or 2 jack?

dstauss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dstauss
lichme wrote:I think these are fine if you are static (sitting at your desk), but if you listen to music while mowing the lawn, I'd expect a slight tug on the cord to pull them out.

Wait! Tell me you don't do that!! If you are listening to any audio while mowing with any thing other than noise isolating headphones or earphones, it won't matter what you use in the future because you won't be able to use it with hearing aids! The level that you would have to turn the audio up to will eventually damage your hearing. Unless of course you have a lawn mower that is pretty much silent.

Also, for what ever reason, many people use noise-isolating and noise-reducing interchangeably. They are very different. Noise-isolation is an active process, in other words, it requires power. It uses a mic built into the ear/headphones to listen to the ambient sound and play it back through them, 180 degrees out of phase, cancelling out the sounds. These E1 earphones are simply noise-reducing, which is a passive process that is just blocking out as much of the ambient noise as possible by using the silicone tip to seal the ear canal.

Some of the confusion is coming from the manufacturers themselves. They now that noise-isolation is what people want, so they mark them as isolating instaed of reducing. Just trying to make more money!

And Woot!, where are the specs?!? What is the frequency range? What is the impedance? What is the sensitivity? What it the cord length? What is the weight? What is included? What is ...... People need to know these things man!!! Quit slacking!

TheRaven65

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheRaven65

Specs are right there on the deal page - cleverly hidden under the "Specs" tab:

Design: In-ear, Dynamic Moving Coil Micro Speaker
Driver diameter: 5.8mm
Drive Components: Full Range KG 15
Finish: Black
Frequency Response: 12Hz - 18kHz
Impedance: 18 ohms
Input Connection: 3.5mm
Noise Isolation: -18
Sensitivity: 106dB

In the box:

Klipsch Image E1 Noise-Isolating Earbuds
(3) Ear Tip Sizes

[MOD: In the defense of those that posted earlier, the specs were just added.]

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape
mboss wrote:Not that great of a deal considering you can get them for $25 with amazon prime and $20 here(with shipping).

I actually think a 20% savings is pretty significant. We all don't have extra cash lying around....

bpscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bpscg

"Frequency Response: 12Hz - 18kHz"

Frequency response is a meaningless spec if it doesn't say what the +/- dB range is, e.g., 12Hz - 18 kHz +/- 3dB. I have a pair of crappy $5.00 earbuds that make a similar frequency response claim, and the bass is practically nonexistent. And unless you're a 3-week old child, you probably can't hear much above 12 kHz anyway.

eclectus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eclectus
telegon wrote:These have the same earbuds as the S 3, and I wouldn't recommend them. Unless you are not moving, the sound will shift ear to ear and require constant adjustment. I wore them twice.

As with pretty much everything else in the universe, all things do not work the same way for all people, parrots or squirrels. I'm short, my Klipsch in-ear set (purchased on Woot) are excellent in every way. they don't pull out of my ears, no static in motion, great sound, surprisingly effective noise cancellation, etc. My HUSBAND, however, is tall and absent-minded so his get caught on stuff when he's sitting or bending down and they sometimes get pulled out.
I give these 3 Mortimers and a Monte.

cjpowers

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cjpowers
brentjcook wrote:The description is wrong. These aren't earbuds...they're in-ears. Earbuds fall out of my ears too, but most in-ears I've tried stay in pretty well. Comfort is hit or miss.

They are also not "noise canceling". They block noise by fitting tightly in your ear, but noise canceling is a technology that actively creates anti-noise to cancel out outside noise.

redzombie78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redzombie78
klandon61 wrote:Also have the S3 and S4's. Bought the S3's on strength of Klipsch name. Waste of money. Tinny, no bass. Got the S4's on sale and found them to be far, far superior.I would not expect much from the E1 model.

I agree with this post. I love my S-4's and you can pick up a set for $30 or less on Ebay. My guess is that it is worth the extra $10.

azmiget91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azmiget91
dstauss wrote:Wait! Tell me you don't do that!! If you are listening to any audio while mowing with any thing other than noise isolating headphones or earphones, it won't matter what you use in the future because you won't be able to use it with hearing aids! The level that you would have to turn the audio up to will eventually damage your hearing. Unless of course you have a lawn mower that is pretty much silent.

Also, for what ever reason, many people use noise-isolating and noise-reducing interchangeably. They are very different. Noise-isolation is an active process, in other words, it requires power. It uses a mic built into the ear/headphones to listen to the ambient sound and play it back through them, 180 degrees out of phase, cancelling out the sounds. These E1 earphones are simply noise-reducing, which is a passive process that is just blocking out as much of the ambient noise as possible by using the silicone tip to seal the ear canal.

Some of the confusion is coming from the manufacturers themselves. They now that noise-isolation is what people want, so they mark them as isolating instaed of reducing. Just trying to make more money!

And Woot!, where are the specs?!? What is the frequency range? What is the impedance? What is the sensitivity? What it the cord length? What is the weight? What is included? What is ...... People need to know these things man!!! Quit slacking!

You have that backwards. Just look at the words. Isolating means that it is just seperating the outside noise from the music it is playing (the music is isolated from exterior noise). Noise reduction headphones REDUCE the exterior noise using a passive microphone system...Learn your facts before you try to learn others.

Also, they are more commonly called noise canceling, rather than noise reducing.

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid
mboss wrote:Not that great of a deal considering you can get them for $25 with amazon prime and $20 here(with shipping).

So if I pay $80 for Amazon Prime, I can spend $5 more for them there? You're right. That is a deal!

Gravemaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gravemaker

These are some of the best sounding headphones I've owned. Unfortunately the right ear bud always seems to go out 6 - 9 months after use. But at this price I'm down for 2.

jcrump55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcrump55

Had a set. Loved 'em. Lost 'em.
I'm in for two.

davebva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davebva
hbeardave wrote:I prefer foam tips to any sort of rubber/silicone.

Anyone know if these will accept the Shure foam tips? (yellow has smaller diameter hole in the center, orange a bit larger)

For me, foam is.more comfortable, isolates better, and cuts down on sound transfer from the cord.
I loop the cord from behind, over the top of.the ear like most vocal performers.

Foam eventually gets "gunky" but just toss and replace...about $15 for a pack of 10 at Amazon

I completely agree. I especially like the foam for the sound isolating properties. I need them to be able to drown out the small engines at work, and they do. As a bonus I think they are more comfortable. The downside is they are hard to find for any given model of ear buds. I wish more manufactures made foam tips to match there ear buds.

darby1136

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darby1136

Does anyone know how these compare to the Maximo iMetal earbuds/in-ear set that Woot use to offer every once in a while? I've purchased several pair fo the Maximo's and all are still working.

jamartcon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamartcon
lichme wrote:I think these are fine if you are static (sitting at your desk), but if you listen to music while mowing the lawn, I'd expect a slight tug on the cord to pull them out.

I wear ear muff style hearing protection over a pair of shure e2c's and it does a good job reducing noise level and keeping the in ears from falling out.

farr6252

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farr6252

I am looking for earbuds that I can listen to while in bed and my partner will not hear them. (yes it would be at low levels, but when everything is off the house is quiet) Would these fit the bill? Does something like his exist? I have an android phone.

lankylars

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lankylars
Neopluto wrote:Not sure what to do.
I'd be going from Sennheiser 300-whatever to this. I don't mind cable transfer but I'm sick of having sh*tty build quality and then the company NEVER answers my request to fulfill the warranty. The senns I have were designed by an Milton so sound is good but the plug broke in 5 days of light use.

Been looking at klipsch, but S4 and don't want to make the jump yet with the Senn disappointment ($40 already)...what do wooters think?

If you take care of your headphones, get the S4s. My pair has lasted me for about two years thus far. Store them carefully in the metal case when not in use and you should be ok. Main failure point (as I've noticed with just about any pair of headphones) is the cable section right above the plug... you let that bend and flex too much and you'll be looking at only one working earbud.

Strapped4Cash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Strapped4Cash
Kapil wrote:Am I the only one who finds that the standard iDevice headphones just fall out of the ears? ...or are my ears just shaped funny? The only in-ear headphones I can get to stay in their intended place is these plug types that fit snug and also help seal ambient noise, so for those reasons alone, these have my vote. Plus Klipsch generally makes good stuff.

No, there are others of us that are defective according to Apple. I'm still using the "Wicked" ear buds I bought from Woot a few years ago! Maybe I'll buy some of these to see how they work.

• Boggy Old Creature(5), Sudoku(3), Logitech wireless PS2
  • Photo Paper, Netgear 802.11g USB Adapter(2)
  • Boggy Old Creature(3)
  • Bellsouth 5 mile Radio(2)
  • WD 250GB HD(2)
  • RCA Universal LCD Remote
  • RC Cyclone Stunt Car
  • Gyration Mouse, WD 250GB HD(2)
  • M$ Wireless Desktop
  • Boggy Old Creature Calendars(3)
  • 3-pc Speaker System
  • Rockford Fosgate OmniFi
  • Telezapper(2)

sww9998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sww9998

Okay, so bass quality, ear comfort, and noise reducing aside; tell me about the cord. Is it a pain to control? Is it long enough? Is one side longer than the other? How much does it tangle? I spend so much time trying to untangle those things it's ridiculous.

dannnnnn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannnnnn

How long is the cord?

rumblej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rumblej

I have bought a lot of flavors of in canal style . These are the best bang for the buck I have found with the best bass. Come with mic too for use w/phone .
25-$40 on ebay
http://www.maximoproducts.com/earphones/

SonovaVondruke wrote:My wife bought me these for X-mas, they're okay.. slip out of my ears a lot, have to really shove them in, and they sometimes create negative pressure on my ear drum.. creating a sort of vacuum suction when I pull them out. As for the quality of the sound... meh, bass is alright.. but then again.. I think there is no such thing as an amazing ear bud, at least one to justify a $100 purchase (in general), no matter how much self described "audiophiles" claim that there is.

$20 is exactly how much these should have retailed for at release, not at End of Life. $50? Only if it made me eggs in the morning.

mchan1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchan1
inspyral wrote:A lot of the negative leaning Amazon reviews mention that the cable transfers a lot of noise if you're moving around, so these might not be the best if you're wanting to use them for running/cycling, etc.

You're suppose to hear noise from the cable or from moving around. That means that the foams/plastic plugs are doing their job in isolating the noise and is a good fit.

The better quality cables would be slightly more insulated or better designed to reduce the cable noise. You can't get rid of the "internal" noise such as breathing or sound of your heartbeat. That's natural when using noise isolation earphones. Just have to get used to it!

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
radi0j0hn wrote:"Noise isolating" are such marketing weasel words. Kind of like the "peak music power" they used to put on cheap stereos or the 80x digital zoom on some cheap cameras.

I take it "noise isolating" just means they plug your ears, thus keeping out other sounds. Does "noise canceling" imply some kind of electronic masking of background noise, like by generating a different noise? And how might that work on high pitched sounds, like the squeals of giggly co-workers?

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

Correct, Noise Isolating means they are essentially earplugs.

Noise cancelling uses microphones that pick up background noise, and play the inverse frequency in your earphones, thereby "cancelling" that noise.

Noise cancelling works for low-pitched droning noises like airplane engines, air conditioners, etc. Noise cancelling will NOT prevent you from hearing your giggly co-workers. In fact, since noise cancelling works with microphones, you will actually hear your co-workers quite well.

I used to be a frequent flyer for work (clocked over 250k miles a year), and believe me, you will hear voices just fine.. dammit!

RWoodward wrote:I take it "noise isolating" just means they plug your ears, thus keeping out other sounds. Does "noise canceling" imply some kind of electronic masking of background noise, like by generating a different noise? And how might that work on high pitched sounds, like the squeals of giggly co-workers?

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

sweaver32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sweaver32

I'm in for one. Been using a pair of shure ec2n's for about 6 years now, I had to put some electrical tape on them last summer because the wire sleeve had opened and the wire inside was showing and fraying, right on the part where it goes behind my ear.

Can you wear these like that, wrapped over and behind your ear? Seems to help with the falling out thing as these have never fallen out. Get a little loose, yes, but not falling out.

Anyway these seem to hit a pretty good spot on the cheap vs. quality meter, so it's time I prepare for the eventual death of the shures.

sweaver32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sweaver32
dstauss wrote:Wait! Tell me you don't do that!! If you are listening to any audio while mowing with any thing other than noise isolating headphones or earphones, it won't matter what you use in the future because you won't be able to use it with hearing aids! The level that you would have to turn the audio up to will eventually damage your hearing. Unless of course you have a lawn mower that is pretty much silent.

Maybe I'm not following this right, but it seems these ear plug style phones would be better than something like an over the ear or ear bud for mowing the lawn. With those you are competing more with the mower sound so you have to turn it up more. With these, your ears are plugged so you aren't battling the sound from the mower as much. No?

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
ThunderThighs wrote:The post I saw was empty.

Ah, initially I clicked the post empty on accident, then went back, finished the post and resubmitted it probably before you had a chance to see it completed it!

rfguruguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfguruguy
TheRaven65 wrote:Specs are right there on the deal page - cleverly hidden under the "Specs" tab:

Design: In-ear, Dynamic Moving Coil Micro Speaker
Driver diameter: 5.8mm
Drive Components: Full Range KG 15
Finish: Black
Frequency Response: 12Hz - 18kHz
Impedance: 18 ohms
Input Connection: 3.5mm
Noise Isolation: -18
Sensitivity: 106dB

In the box:

Klipsch Image E1 Noise-Isolating Earbuds
(3) Ear Tip Sizes

[MOD: In the defense of those that posted earlier, the specs were just added.]

Still didn't see the cord length. Important to know for me, as they will be used on my bike.

rfguruguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfguruguy
dannnnnn wrote:How long is the cord?

That's my question too.

warpstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages warpstone
Kapil wrote:Am I the only one who finds that the standard iDevice headphones just fall out of the ears? ...or are my ears just shaped funny?

It helps to loop any earphones around the back of your ears before putting the head into your ear canal. They're much less likely to fall out and your ears act as dampeners that reduce sounds created by the bud wires being tugged.

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

Yes, they are passive noise-reducing... just like earplugs. That's where you're missing the point. I've had these and found them to be as good as your standard squishy noise-blocking earplugs that you can buy at CVS, or so close I can't tell the difference. I use them to mow the lawn, ride motorcycles, basically anything below the level of gunshots.

The way I know that they work so well (and that I'm not fooling myself) is this: I turn the sound to a reasonable listening level while in a quiet room, and only then do I turn on the mower/etc. I don't have to raise the sound, meaning I'm still listening to it at the same safe level as I was before. The sound of the engine/wind/etc, while apparent, is nowhere near as bad as without the buds, and sounds similar to when I have actual ear protection on.

To those who are looking at these for similar purposes: note that it is important you get a good fit, or you won't get similar results! My ears seem like they're built for these things, which is why they work so well.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

rfguruguy wrote:That's my question too.

I HAVE AN ANSWER REGARDING THE LENGTH OF THE CORD. THE CORD IS FIFTY GLORIOUS INCHES LONG.

hope that helps!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

ozziedigger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozziedigger

I would really like to buy these Klipsch ear buds,but I can`t fill in my address in Australia to complete the deal.Do you not deal with our great country ?

ozziedigger

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ozziedigger wrote:I would really like to buy these Klipsch ear buds,but I can`t fill in my address in Australia to complete the deal.Do you not deal with our great country ?

ozziedigger

Sorry bud. Per the Woot FAQ:

Why isn't my state/country/province listed; do you ship internationally?
No, we do not ship outside of the United States at this time, and certain sales may not be shipped to certain states. We do not ship to Canada, Mexico, nor to Maggie's Nipples, Wyoming or Assinippi, Massachusetts at this time.

THR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages THR
inspyral wrote:A lot of the negative leaning Amazon reviews mention that the cable transfers a lot of noise if you're moving around, so these might not be the best if you're wanting to use them for running/cycling, etc.

Apropos to this, has anyone found earbuds that DON'T have this problem? I use my mp3 player only in bed, and I find that most if not all of the earbuds I've used to date only magnify ambient sounds (particularly spousal-unit snoring).

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr
radi0j0hn wrote:"Noise isolating" are such marketing weasel words. Kind of like the "peak music power" they used to put on cheap stereos or the 80x digital zoom on some cheap cameras.

Yup- ANY headphone or ear bud is noise "isolating" since just because they are in or on your ears reduces ambient noise. People think it's the same or similar to noise cancelling- but it's snot.
Besides, Klipsch will throw their name on anything from China these days.

wc1swarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wc1swarm
hbeardave wrote:I prefer foam tips to any sort of rubber/silicone.

Anyone know if these will accept the Shure foam tips? (yellow has smaller diameter hole in the center, orange a bit larger)

For me, foam is.more comfortable, isolates better, and cuts down on sound transfer from the cord.
I loop the cord from behind, over the top of.the ear like most vocal performers.

Foam eventually gets "gunky" but just toss and replace...about $15 for a pack of 10 at Amazon

If you prefer foam tips try Comply foam tips - the 100 series I think are the right size for the Klipsch image series. http://www.complyfoam.com/

mattlaird111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlaird111

A little disappointed in the quality of these ear buds. The Sound quality is rather poor. They're outperformed by the Sharper Image set I got on clearance at Office Depot for $6. And that set has a microphone as well. Overall I feel like buying these ear buds was a foolish waste of money.

sevenpointone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevenpointone

I could not find the E-1 on Klipsch's web site. So I took a chance on Woots word. Have not received them yet, but I can tell you the S-4 is a good sounding headphone but overpriced at list. The S-3 I returned to the store as my impression was the S-3 is horrible and not worth buying at any price. If, as someone stated the E-1 is similar to the S-3, My expectations just got deflated. My personal go to cheapies are the Skullcandy Ink'd. At 15 bucks, they sound as good as any headphones I've come across at under 30 including the S-3's at their list price of 50.00. I embarrassingly have way too many headphones and Klipsch's reputation suffers ( in my mind at least) for even carrying the S-3's. I'll let you know if I think differently when I get them but I'm not optimistic after reading your comments.

hcturtles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcturtles

Got these in the mail and the anticipation was killing me to how they sound..

These are by far some of the worst headphones I have had...Mono sound, absolutely no bass, as I have a pair that currently own, I bought for 5 bucks that kill these.
I kept hearing good things and figured that maybe something was wrong on my end...NOPE = extremely disappointing...