WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Office Fun-iture!

Desks, chairs, and shelving are a necessary, if not sufficient, precondition for office fun. Oh, you wanna set up a little scene with action figures at your desk? Good luck with no desk. As Andrew Carnegie said, "Frolicksomeness must be built on a sturdy foundation of industriousness and sober utility." And you can't prove he didn't.

Quality Posts

jenovapooh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenovapooh

The weight the desks will hold is not included, making me skeptical about them from the get go.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
jenovapooh wrote:The weight the desks will hold is not included, making me skeptical about them from the get go.

just looking at them makes me skeptical...

This isn't the first year these have been on. as is illustrated by the significantly old laptops displayed for props. every time I see the picture, I think "ooooo fanc..... oh, these again..., i guess i can go to goodwill if I really needed a desk like that".

bolasdeferro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bolasdeferro

Now, why does the laptop need a separate keyboard?

heidiwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages heidiwoot

Amazon reviews are generally very good for the Mission Desk. Mostly problems with assembly, but once done they say it's a very nice desk.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q7DKLQ?ie=UTF8&tag=dealswoot-20/

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts
bolasdeferro wrote:Now, why does the laptop need a separate keyboard?

Because laptop keyboards stink for productivity. Too many missing keys, dual-function keys, half-size keys, keys that are just buttons (F1-F12), missing numeric keypad, bad key layout, bad ergonomics, etc.

I always prefer a separate keyboard and mouse when using a laptop.

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1863650
jenovapooh wrote:The weight the desks will hold is not included, making me skeptical about them from the get go.

That cart, though, has a "vintage" CRT monitor and bulky old minitower on it, that tells you it has to be stronger than your average particleboard furniture.

I think Woot should assemble each of these desks, get a camcorder rolling, and see how many Sony 24" CRT monitors (just shy of 100 pounds each) they can support before they collapse into a pile of sawdust.

gesnerj59

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gesnerj59

I'd like to see more info on the home and office PC cart. Looks like something that could work in our kitchen...

gesnerj59

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gesnerj59

A couple of reviews here

http://www.wayfair.com/PC-Cart-10143-HQV1006.html#reviews

but not much more info on-line...

cptgse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cptgse

Here are comments from a number of people regarding this hideaway

(20lbs. maximum)

cptgse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cptgse

Sorry! Neglected to include url for last post

Desk Reviews

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

so is the 24"x 24"in the shape of the /\

gunderstorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunderstorm

I highly doubt the sofa desk is W 60" x D 30" x H 30"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mkentosh wrote:so is the 24"x 24"in the shape of the /\

Sorry but I do not understand your question.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whytcolr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whytcolr
gunderstorm wrote:I highly doubt the sofa desk is W 60" x D 30" x H 30"

I concur. I'm going to guess it is somewhere closer to 60"x15"x30", unless the picture is somehow distorted.

Woot, could you clarify?

tbennett19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbennett19

There is a desk on Overstock that looks almost exactly like that corner desk for a lot less $$$.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Wood-Corner-Computer-Desk/2481102/product.html

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tbennett19 wrote:There is a desk on Overstock that looks almost exactly like that corner desk for a lot less $$$.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Wood-Corner-Computer-Desk/2481102/product.html

Different brand entirely. We sold the desk you linked previously on Home.Woot.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders