WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Bring your lunch or eat out?
  • 31.4% - Bring my lunch! People who eat out every day are decadent gluttons. 723
  • 18.7% - Eat out! People who bring their lunch every day are depressing saddoes. 429
  • 49.9% - Sometimes one, sometimes the other. 1148
2300 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Gotta put the left overs to good use somehow. I hate leaving my leftovers in the fridge for too long only to find that they have evolved into some super-intelligent being. I hate hearing their screams as I drop them into the garbage disposal.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Who can afford to eat out every day?

necoras

quality posts: 4 Private Messages necoras

Staff

I just snack periodically... I rarely actually eat lunch.

tmfrizzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmfrizzell
RWoodward wrote:Who can afford to eat out every day?

I can't, but that rarely stops me

cpochuckg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpochuckg
tmfrizzell wrote:I can't, but that rarely stops me

If there were a +1, I'd +1 that!

bsmith1

quality posts: 107 Private Messages bsmith1

Why no option for go home to eat over lunch hour? It's cheap and it provides an escape from the work environment. Eating at home FTW!

witnersr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witnersr

order out better food

dootsie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dootsie

I live 5-10 minutes away from home, so I try to eat at home whenever possible. No weird stinkiness left behind in the office and less expensive than dining out.

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768
dootsie wrote:I live 5-10 minutes away from work, so I try to eat at home whenever possible. No weird stinkiness left behind in the office and less expensive than dining out.

FTFY and +1

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

jdevenberg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jdevenberg

I work 25 miles from the nearest restaurant and 35 miles from home, so I take my lunch.

globalhavoc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages globalhavoc

I'm a round, yellow person, I only eat ghosts. So technically I only eat out.

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

Being a dedicated foodie and fancying myself a great chef, I used to cook up a month's worth of lunches ahead of time and freeze them, then take them to work. My co-workers started stopping by to see what I had made and jockey for a taste or the recipe.

I was in my glory.

Then I was laid off and all the adulation came to an end. Will I ever recover from the loss?

Maybe I'll write a book about my experiences in the world of workplace culinary stardom.

*sigh*

globalhavoc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages globalhavoc
nastyducky wrote:Being a dedicated foodie and fancying myself a great chef, I used to cook up a month's worth of lunches ahead of time and freeze them, then take them to work. My co-workers started stopping by to see what I had made and jockey for a taste or the recipe.

I was in my glory.

Then I was laid off and all the adulation came to an end. Will I ever recover from the loss?

Maybe I'll write a book about my experiences in the world of workplace culinary stardom.

*sigh*

Aw man, sorry to hear that, it truly sounds awesome.

I can cook a mean peanut butter jelly sandwich!

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
globalhavoc wrote:Aw man, sorry to hear that, it truly sounds awesome.

I can cook a mean peanut butter jelly sandwich!

Oh man, I'm envious. I tried and tried and never could get the PBJ mojo going. You rule.