2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
His or Hers Swiss Legend Ceramic Watches
$149.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh

Here's another view on the ladies watch. Although woot! seems to be selling the black pearl face. Keepin' it classy.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the women's watch

http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Legend-20050-WWSR-Karamica-Collection/dp/B00194FAO2

[MOD: That's white. Here's the color we are selling]

pickledplatypus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pickledplatypus

I'm trying to use taxsucks coupon to get one of these, but it isn't working. What the heck? I don't understand!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pickledplatypus wrote:I'm trying to use taxsucks coupon to get one of these, but it isn't working. What the heck? I don't understand!

We're bummed too, but we're no longer able to offer that code.

Don't hurt us!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pickledplatypus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pickledplatypus
ThunderThighs wrote:We're bummed too, but we're no longer able to offer that code.

Don't hurt us!

Thanks for the speedy response! :-)

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I bought both of these, one for me and one for my partner, and both failed within a year. I was unable to get any response from the company, and had to just eat the entire cost. If it had been just one, I'd consider it my bad luck, but two failing seems like seriously bad quality. I guess it could have just been my *really bad* luck, but I'll never buy one of these again.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

hybot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hybot

the men's watch on Amazon. $50 more than here. no reviews yet, but a short 360deg video.

http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Legend-10028-BKBSA-Throttle-Chronograph/dp/B008KPOH2O/ref=sr_1_6

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ckeilah wrote:I bought both of these, one for me and one for my partner, and both failed within a year. I was unable to get any response from the company, and had to just eat the entire cost. If it had been just one, I'd consider it my bad luck, but two failing seems like seriously bad quality. I guess it could have just been my *really bad* luck, but I'll never buy one of these again.

You really are having bad luck. You said the TVs on tech failed too. If you say the shirt on shirt.woot failed, I'm gonna have to doubt you though.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

Why is the men's more expensive? Is that to get even for charging women more for dry cleaning?

sds1949

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sds1949

I am a watch collector. (I have over 20)I can say that this is a good brand. I have 2 of this brand from another website. I don't like the Ceramic. But I think this is an OK deal. But just ok

captain69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages captain69

I can vouch for the cheap quality here. Is there an extended warranty offered that would cover it for five years more?

ericlala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericlala

I'm always skeptical when they start at a high msrp

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino
ericlala wrote:I'm always skeptical when they start at a high msrp

"List Price $1395.00" you're not kidding!

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
sds1949 wrote:I am a watch collector. (I have over 20)I can say that this is a good brand. I have 2 of this brand from another website. I don't like the Ceramic. But I think this is an OK deal. But just ok

I think you have managed to "collect" a bunch of watches without actually being a "watch collector." Quartz timepieces such as these are not actually "collectible." They are expendable.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

The deadly mistake most people make when buying a Watch is they buy it on impulse, not on facts from research.

That's what this watch is designed for. A quick hit an run.

Always ask yourself, What am I getting for my money. General statements like "Swiss quartz", what the hell does that mean? What value does that bring, besides the name Swiss? How about Mexican Quartz or Republic of China Quartz.

From everything I can see and read these are a solid $10.00 watche (that includes shipping) any thing more then that and you need to have the name "SUCKER" tattooed on your forehead.

This of course is just my opinion and adds as much added value to the overall discussion as the phrase "Swiss quartz" does to the value of these watches.

i12xlr8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages i12xlr8

Horrible quality, not worth the $5 in shipping. Pass and get yourself something better.

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
ericlala wrote:I'm always skeptical when they start at a high msrp

Sounds like you're a Timex sort of guy.

themenace21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themenace21

Anyone know if the bottom of the watch face is metal? The description says this is a ceramic watch, but I want to be sure the bottom of the face is also ceramic.

I'm allergic to Metal and cannot wear many watches because of this.

Any advice would be appreciated!

BakonWoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BakonWoot
  • Date display at 4 o'clock

But what if I need to know the date at 9:15? Do I really have to wait till late-afternoon (or, heaven forbid, early, early morning) to find out?

Isn't that kinda like saying "Time display on April 17th"? I mean, even a stopped watch tells you the time twice a day (well, at least ones with hands do...).

jayarek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jayarek

I don't see anything special about the Swiss Legend. My in-laws gave me a stainless steel Tissot Touch for a wedding gift 9 years ago and I love it (and my wife). Incredible features (so does my wife). Changed the batteries only once (not on my wife). I am passing on the Swiss Legend.

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1

Swiss Legend makes good watches. I own a "Commander" and love it.

I think, therefore.."I-M".

jchovane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchovane

C'mon Woot - I'm trans, get over the what's below your waist determines your gender...lots of people can't go there... too expensive.

For real!

pemery99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pemery99

I recently bought a similar Swiss Legend watch. It's cool, but it's so obtusely thick I can't wear it with a long sleeved shirt without unbuttoning the cuff. Maybe that's why these are being liquidated here?

clefugee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clefugee

I got the men's version as a Christmas gift last year on overstock for I believe a little over 100 dollars. The watch looks nice but is of horrible quality. The chronograph no longer resets to the 12 and resets around the 58 second mark. The black part of the watch is rubbing off and beginning to show the steel look underneath. Worst of all I have had to replace the pins that hold the band in place 3 times as according to my jeweler the cheap pins are not built for supporting such a heavy band. I have also tried to contact their customer support with no luck. The good news is they shipped in a nice red treasure box with a nice red pillow. I myself would never buy a Swiss legend and its laughable when the retail price is over a thousand for this junk.

clefugee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clefugee

I just looked and the men's watch is 70 dollars more on overstock so woot has a good price going but still a horrible deal in my opinion.

Dulcineacrew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dulcineacrew

Could this watch be used for scuba diving?

hood0rnament

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hood0rnament
jchovane wrote:C'mon Woot - I'm trans, get over the what's below your waist determines your gender...lots of people can't go there... too expensive.

For real!

Agreed. I'm also trans, and this was a seriously upsetting product description to read. What an insulting way to sell a watch.

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53
Dulcineacrew wrote:Could this watch be used for scuba diving?

Sure.. but only once..

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
StanleyS wrote:Sounds like you're a Timex sort of guy.

Why the heck would you think that ?

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

Anyone know the band circumference?

ophmarketing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing

Really? A 40mm women's watch? I know watches are trending larger, but that's a bit ridiculous, don'cha think?

zeetes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeetes

they are neither swiss nor legend.. the movements may be swiss (at least they claim), but they are assembled in china and it shows.

spend a little more and get a Seiko. a mens snn233 chronograph is about $115 on amazon and a lot more watch.

Otis226

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Otis226

Does anyone even wear a watch anymore?

chuckf1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1
StanleyS wrote:Sounds like you're a Timex sort of guy.

To the contrary, it sounds to me that ericialia is aware that these TV brand watches, have inflated MSRPs, in order to convince the customer that the much lower actual selling price is a really good deal.

As in "Whoo-Hooo, I'm getting an almost $1400.00 men's watch for less than $150.00!"

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
chuckf1 wrote:To the contrary, it sounds to me that ericialia is aware that these TV brand watches, have inflated MSRPs, in order to convince the customer that the much lower actual selling price is a really good deal.

As in "Whoo-Hooo, I'm getting an almost $1400.00 men's watch for less than $150.00!"

Exactly!

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
Otis226 wrote:Does anyone even wear a watch anymore?

Too funny,I was hoping we would get by one watch offer without someone posting that comment.
Maybe next time but I doubt it.

danielso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielso

if you're gonna spend 100~150 on a watch, buy an orient watch. you will not be disappointed

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff