danielso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielso
Otis226 wrote:Does anyone even wear a watch anymore?

the reason you wear a watch is when you're in business meetings it looks pretty ridiculous to dig through your pants and pull out your phone just to check the time.

chuckf1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1
danielso wrote:if you're gonna spend 100~150 on a watch, buy an orient watch. you will not be disappointed

I own an Orient Aviator and couldn't agree more. The watch's automatic movement is spot on and is a great value for the money.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
Dulcineacrew wrote:Could this watch be used for scuba diving?
mikem53 wrote:Sure.. but only once..

But since it's ceramic, you can dry it in the microwave.

markriddle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages markriddle
ThunderThighs wrote:You really are having bad luck. You said the TVs on tech failed too. If you say the shirt on shirt.woot failed, I'm gonna have to doubt you though.

That's a cute answer, but after the first (and last) woot shirt I bought which was too small, too thin, and too cheaply made, it may not apply. Though, except for the shirt and dumb razors, everything I got from woot works like a charm.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

Why would I buy this watch and not that watch over there? ---------->

[OK, when I posted this, there was an ad for a Xetum watch over there]

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

These are truly $40 watches being marketed as "upscale" to justify their artificially inflated cost. I can't imagine why anyone would buy these, but I guess there's a lot of suckers out there.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
ThunderThighs wrote:You really are having bad luck. You said the TVs on tech failed too. If you say the shirt on shirt.woot failed, I'm gonna have to doubt you though.

I think the woot! buyers need to pay more attention to quality. As you can see, I'm not the only one who has had bad luck with these.

As for the shirts, I really preferred the American Apparel brand, but these South American shirts are okay. I don't buy as many at the new price though.

Also, I see that I'm not the only one who is dismayed to lose woot!'s perennial lagniappe for us Texans. TAXSUCKS! Please bring it back, or I'm going to lose interest in woot!.com. :-/ Surely y'all can see how a little love goes a long way. I am "better than everyone else" for a reason! ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

adenicolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adenicolo
ckeilah wrote:I think the woot! buyers need to pay more attention to quality. As you can see, I'm not the only one who has had bad luck with these.

As for the shirts, I really preferred the American Apparel brand, but these South American shirts are okay. I don't buy as many at the new price though.

Also, I see that I'm not the only one who is dismayed to lose woot!'s perennial lagniappe for us Texans. TAXSUCKS! Please bring it back, or I'm going to lose interest in woot!.com. :-/ Surely y'all can see how a little love goes a long way. I am "better than everyone else" for a reason! ;-)

Same here! The American Apparel shirts had size issues but were far better quality than the new ones. I will not be getting any more of the shirts.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
hood0rnament wrote:Agreed. I'm also trans, and this was a seriously upsetting product description to read. What an insulting way to sell a watch.

I think you must be tran-sensitive. That was a great writeup, not offensive in the least, and left things plenty open for "other" gender readings. I think you should applaud woot! writers for this one! :-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

byrdz1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byrdz1
thumperchick wrote:Anyone know the band circumference?

up to 8.5

unron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unron
CuzzinMerl wrote:Why would I buy this watch and not that watch over there? ---------->

[OK, when I posted this, there was an ad for a Xetum watch over there]

Lol. It was there for me too. Also, you were pointing right at it haha.

cactuskid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cactuskid

Never heard of them, are they any good?

sjjtoys

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjjtoys

I have had a Swiss Legend ceramic watch for 5 years, it keeps perfect time. Because its ceramic, the "black will not rub off", this is a characteristic of ceramic. Now if you had a black ion plated stainless steel band, yes, the black would wear off in time.

I love the watch, but I did drop it about a year ago and when I sent it to Swiss Legend (located in Florida), they repaired it and replaced the battery under warranty!! You can't get better service than that.

I do have a chronograph model, but do not use it for that function. I find the chronograph function difficult to use, but wear this as an everyday watch.

I do not consider myself a collector, but I do own several watches and three of them are Swiss Legend. All three are functioning perfectly and can recommend based on my personal experience. These are large watches and the pins can be changed with a special kit, or you can have the band adjusted at most jewelers for about $10.

I have gotten literally hundreds of compliments on my Swiss Legend watch (the same as the women's version shown here, only larger and a chronograph). For this price it's the best deal I have ever seen.

jimteal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimteal
Dulcineacrew wrote:Could this watch be used for scuba diving?

Scuba divers use computers, not watches. Don't even think about it unless you are thinking about resort diving.

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito

i think i've heard of them. kind of a nerd-rock band right?

bradvo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradvo

Wondering when it will get shipped so I can comment on the quality for the buck or the POS I bought for the bucks.

It sure looks nice in the ad and the price is a heck of a lot lower then my now broken Tag.

I'll take my chances, just ship it....OK.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bradvo wrote:Wondering when it will get shipped so I can comment on the quality for the buck or the POS I bought for the bucks.

It sure looks nice in the ad and the price is a heck of a lot lower then my now broken Tag.

I'll take my chances, just ship it....OK.

Most often it ships out within a couple of days of the sale (up to 5 days maximum)

I would give it another day or so and if you haven't seen any shipping updates on your order then feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

maniacx86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maniacx86
themenace21 wrote:Anyone know if the bottom of the watch face is metal? The description says this is a ceramic watch, but I want to be sure the bottom of the face is also ceramic.

I'm allergic to Metal and cannot wear many watches because of this.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I realize it's a bit late for this now, but I just received the watch I ordered and the rear of the watch itself is stainless steel, as is the clasp.

galatae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galatae

As Bill Russell once said (maybe more than once): "opinions are like A**holes, everybody's got one". ****galatae