ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Woot's First Annual
Take Your Screaming Monkey
To Work Week

Feb 18 - 22

You read that correctly. It's the first annual Take Your Screaming Monkey to Work Week.

This is the week where you take your monkey with you to work to show him/her what you do during your work day. Let him or her attend meetings, help customers, and answer phones.

We here at Woot are hopeful that this new found understanding of your job will bring a better appreciation for what you do. And if you're luck, perhaps there will be a bit less screaming when you come home from a hard day at the grind.

So take your monkey to work. Already have your monkey at work? Great! Then take him/her down off the monitor or shelf and share your daily routine.

We'd love to see your photographs of your screaming primate as he/she helps you in your day-to-day duties.

I started a bit early with Winston so I could share a couple photos. Winston settled in to do a bit of site monitoring yesterday and of course, looked up some of his cousins.

The keyboard tray and a small box gave just enough boost to get Winston up to the keyboard (that I need to dust).

NOTE: Not sure how to add a photo to a post? Check this thread for an easy-to-follow posting guide with all the answers.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

okham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages okham

Well, my boy lives here at work, and as you can see, he has put on a few milligrams, even if he lost a hand in a weighing accident.

bduboftexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bduboftexas

The keyboard tray and a small box gave just enough boost to get Winston up to the keyboard (that I need to dust).

No man, you need to either CLEAN or replace that keyboard. Winston's likely to catch a flesh / fur eating disease.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bduboftexas wrote:
No man, you need to either CLEAN or replace that keyboard. Winston's likely to catch a flesh / fur eating disease.

*cough* Lady *cough*

Nah, just dust. My keyboard gets a regular dusting, blowing, and wipe down. My home office is next to the front door so it stays dusty. And the camera's flash lit up every spec of it.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spiek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiek

Inaugural... The term "first annual" is almost as annoying as the word irregardless.

Regards,
The English Police

ThunderThighs

Staff

spiek wrote:Inaugural... The term "first annual" is almost as annoying as the word irregardless.

Regards,
The English Police

@Pemberducky warned me there would be people like you. Hey, at least it'll get me some posts.

You need to submit a photo though.

FORUM MODERATOR

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
spiek wrote:Inaugural... The term "first annual" is almost as annoying as the word irregardless.

Regards,
The English Police

Yeah, but "inaugural" doesn't indicate how often the event will occur; it simply tells me it's the first. "First annual" tells me it's the first and that I can expect it to repeat every year.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
bsmith1 wrote:Yeah, but "inaugural" doesn't indicate how often the event will occur; it simply tells me it's the first. "First annual" tells me it's the first and that I can expect it to repeat every year.

^ BOOM!

spiek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiek
bsmith1 wrote:Yeah, but "inaugural" doesn't indicate how often the event will occur; it simply tells me it's the first. "First annual" tells me it's the first and that I can expect it to repeat every year.

Inaugural - marking a beginning: first in a projected series.

The only monkey they allow at work is me.

riknik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages riknik

Staff

No monkeys yet, but one of the Woot dev managers is out of town this week. Luckily, he left us with a temp worker to replace him.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555
riknik wrote:No monkeys yet, but one of the Woot dev managers is out of town this week. Luckily, he left us with a temp worker to replace him.

I'll trade you a box of woot! monkeys for your new temp

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

riknik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages riknik

Staff

theoneill555 wrote:I'll trade you a box of woot! monkeys for your new temp

theoneill555

I met Nathan at CES and discovered that he has an aptitude for electronics -

So, he helps me out at work.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3535 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

My monkey is is buried under everything I throw on my desk. At least he is not lonely, I have Yoshi on the top of my monitor, Dexter on the left and Spiderman looking over everything. I also have a "new" monkey hiding behind the monitor. He is not very social and rarely comes out.

stryper2000

quality posts: 28 Private Messages stryper2000

here is my giant woot monkey at my console yesterday helping guard my Coke Zero and my Tablet

FYI , My monkey always stays at work for the occasional destressing and harassing of coworkers

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x38

theoneill555

Nathan was giving a class today on the correct audio waveforms

ThunderThighs

Staff

Awesome stuff so far!

Only two more days so get busy. Do you want your monkey to be left out in the cold with no idea of the future careers that are waiting for him/her?

Winston will be going to the office with me for a bit tomorrow so hopefully more pictures!

FORUM MODERATOR

conanthelibrarian

Here is mini-monkey hanging out in one of his favorite places, the quiet study area. Here he is about to have a contest with the fire alarm to see who is louder

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

My purple-caped crusader rides on the outside window, greeting all that enter campus.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

So, I told my monkeys that a couple could hitch a ride with work with me today...looks like they didn't listen! A whole BUNCH of them showed up! I would also like to point out that using the internet for personal use if forbidden, looks like my nosy monkeys are trying to get me into trouble!

Then, I turned around and found them climbing my boxes and inventory like....well...monkeys!

So, they had to be put in 'time out' LOL!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Holy Moly, that's a lot of monkeys!

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

As promised, Winston went with me to the Woot offices today. We didn't spend much time but he tested out a few things.

Here he is checking out the rocker we sold a while back. He thought it was pretty comfy.

Of course, he couldn't resist the rocking monkey. It was like a long lost cousin:

Lastly, he modeled some products for us. That's the My First Knife by Kai. It cut right through that pickle... and almost his foot!

FORUM MODERATOR

conanthelibrarian

Woot! better watch out, these monkeys are getting some ideas...

theoneill555

baybei wrote:So, I told my monkeys that a couple could hitch a ride with work with me today...looks like they didn't listen! A whole BUNCH of them showed up!

After seeing your hoard, I sat a couple of my monkeys down last night and told them that they couldn't come to work with me and that they should spread the word to the rest of the monkeys at my Monkey Preserve

They actually listened to me and stayed home (which is surprising as no one listens to me).

But Nathan is still helping out and wanted to check out the dispatch console that we are working on and he was getting some tips from one of the dispatch monkeys

I keep telling those dispatchers not to eat the mic (but as I said they don't listen to me)

baybei

ThunderThighs wrote:Holy Moly, that's a lot of monkeys!

The best part of that is...it's not even ALL of my monkeys! The Monkey Games Monkeys weren't there (only the one from the torch contest), and none of the duplicates where there...and my only giant monkey wasn't there, lol! And considering how I got most of those older monkeys (paying up to $10 a piece from people on here selling them, I think I did pretty good! )

To theoneill555, nice pack...horde.....I'm a little jealous! And, my monkeys don't listen either, nor do my cats. I seriously gave up talking to either one of them, lol!~

theoneill555

baybei wrote:
To theoneill555, nice pack...horde.....I'm a little jealous!

That is not a pack or a horde. That is a couple of my monkeys. I think I am over 400 now(I think I will count them this weekend)

baybei

theoneill555 wrote:That is not a pack or a horde. That is a couple of my monkeys. I think I am over 400 now(I think I will count them this weekend)

OK. Discount the a little jealous comment. I'm officially green with envy! Excuse me while I go cry at my inadequacy (holy...I spelled that right!). I'd love to see pictures of all of them! I just want to see how green I can turn, lol~

ThunderThighs

Staff

Thanks to all you Wooters that participated in the First Annual Take Your Monkey to Work Week. And yes, it is the first annual because I already have it on my calendar for the 3rd week of February 2014.

I think we saw some great examples of our monkey friends learning the ins-and-outs of the workplace. We now have some plush primates that know there is more to life than flying through the air and screaming.

I'm proud of this inaugural (happy?) week of Educating and celebrating the Woot Monkey. See you next year!

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

baybei wrote:So, I told my monkeys that a couple could hitch a ride with work with me today...looks like they didn't listen! A whole BUNCH of them showed up! I would also like to point out that using the internet for personal use if forbidden, looks like my nosy monkeys are trying to get me into trouble!

Then, I turned around and found them climbing my boxes and inventory like....well...monkeys!

So, they had to be put in 'time out' LOL!

Nice monkey work! I've tried posing them and it isn't easy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

baybei

dontwantaname wrote:Nice monkey work! I've tried posing them and it isn't easy.

Why thank you! You can tell it sometimes get boring at work as I had the time to pose them all! It did take some work, but it was worth it in my opinion! Then again, it was also an excuse to play with the monkeys, lol!

squirtle456

quality posts: 1 Private Messages squirtle456

I just received a Monkey Games monkey and I will take him to work next year.

Gotta catch 'em all